PDA

View Full Version : NHC Good luck Scotland

H18sry
28-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Any other .netters heading over to watch Scotland play in the Carling cup final?
:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag

iwasthere1972
28-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Any other .netters heading over to watch Scotland play in the Carling cup final?

C'mon the Scots.

:saltireflag:saltireflag

Not going but have a great time.

joe breezy
28-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Wouldn't mind going but can't afford it this month, hope a good few thousand make it over

erin go bragh
28-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Wish i were going but will have to watch it on the box ,mon the scots!

blairwallace
28-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Wish i were going but will have to watch it on the box ,mon the scots!

what channel is it on? :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
29-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Bump.

In case anybody's forgot that it's on at 6.30pm.

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag

SteveHFC
29-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Scotland: McGregor, Whittaker, Hanley, Berra, Bardsley, Naismith, Brown, Adam, Robson, Forrest, Miller (capt).

silverhibee
29-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Bump.

In case anybody's forgot that it's on at 6.30pm.

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag

Who are Scotland playing, and when is the game.

iwasthere1972
29-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Who are Scotland playing, and when is the game.

:hilarious

Judas Iscariot
29-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Didn't Birmingham win the Carling Cup?

silverhibee
29-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Didn't Birmingham win the Carling Cup?

How can Scotland play Birmingham, what was the score. :confused:

moredun
29-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Scotland: McGregor, Whittaker, Hanley, Berra, Bardsley, Naismith, Brown, Adam, Robson, Forrest, Miller (capt).

Who said Harry potter doesn't change things in friendlies:rolleyes:

What chance has any other striker got while Potter plays miller in EVERY game including friendlies.
A good use of resources there Potter.
What will Scotland ever do without Miller, we may never know

soupy
29-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Mon the Scots!!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Hanley????????

iwasthere1972
29-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Hanley????????

Jenny.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-05-2011, 04:01 PM
With that line up, much as i hate to say it, Ireland are good things! Potter wanted 15000 Tartan Army there and then presents us with this. I love following my country, but, FFS!

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Jenny.

Thanks for clearing that up. :greengrin

Hibstrooper
29-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Hanley????????

Grant Hanley. Played about 9 games for Blackburn last season. Only 19 and actually Scottish as well!

We've got a strong midfield pool however we are short of cover at centre half, don't be surprised to see diamond and webster back in the fold next season

Hibstrooper
29-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Oh aye and come on Scotland!

Heading through to the capital in 10 to watch it in the boozer!

Good chance to shove it up a couple of judases

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Grant Hanley. Played about 9 games for Blackburn last season. Only 19 and actually Scottish as well!

We've got a strong midfield pool however we are short of cover at centre half, don't be surprised to see diamond and webster back in the fold next season

:aok:

SteveHFC
29-05-2011, 04:55 PM
How does Forrest get in the team

I'm_cabbaged
29-05-2011, 05:38 PM

Who the **** is Forrest? Is that the laddie that plays for celtc?

SteveHFC
29-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Who the **** is Forrest? Is that the laddie that plays for celtc?

Aye. Jamie Murphy has done more than him this season.

Wotherspiniesta
29-05-2011, 05:42 PM
" Looking long for Cox " :tee hee:

greenlex
29-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Wooden be surprised to see him putting his roots down and leave an impression.

R'Albin
29-05-2011, 05:52 PM
That was some save from given there.

Springbank
29-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Wooden be surprised to see him putting his roots down and leave an impression.

yeah his boyhood idol was Tim "Sherwood", or Sir Brian "of Dean"

soupy
29-05-2011, 05:53 PM
You mean leaf an impression :)

greenlex
29-05-2011, 05:54 PM
That was some save from given there.
World class. :agree:

SteveHFC
29-05-2011, 05:56 PM
1-0 Ireland

justlikebrazil
29-05-2011, 06:06 PM
1-0 Ireland
good!! want potter sacked after not playing a striker in prague!!! also he hates the hibees :flag:

lucky
29-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Paint drying is more entertaining.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-05-2011, 06:13 PM
" Looking long for Cox " :tee hee:

Funny you should say that! i'm in a boozer in Berwick over the road from Longbone and Sons!

greenlex
29-05-2011, 06:41 PM
good thinking by hunt to get cox in round the back.

matty_f
29-05-2011, 06:57 PM
This game is rank.

marinello59
29-05-2011, 06:59 PM
This game is rank.

To say the least. Dreadful.

Frazerbob
29-05-2011, 07:02 PM
To say the least. Dreadful.

You're expectations are over inflated due to the swash-buckling, silky soccer we are subjected to from the Cabbage every week.

Why wasn't I born in Barcelona instead of Leith!?! :brickwall

Dunbar Hibee
29-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Kenny Miller :faf:

Kaiser1962
29-05-2011, 07:19 PM
good thinking by hunt to get cox in round the back.

Oooo..er Missus

marinello59
29-05-2011, 07:31 PM
You're expectations are over inflated due to the swash-buckling, silky soccer we are subjected to from the Cabbage every week.

Why wasn't I born in Barcelona instead of Leith!?! :brickwall

I said to the wee lad half way through the game I had enjoyed watching Hibs more recently. He told me it wasn't that bad. :greengrin

Greentinted
29-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Last night I watched a game of football on the tellybox. Tonight I had similar intentions but what I witnessed was something rather different.
Total snorefest and we are heading nowhere under Levein. Its not that long ago our national team was packed with household names...what happened?

All this on a day when George Peat declares he is leaving Scottish Football in a healthy condition- I'd hate to know what he views as terminally ill!!!

WindyMiller
29-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Jenny.

:love ya!:

Tricla
29-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Potter still playing 1 up front. :confused:

There are players in that squad who are nowhere near good enough/ready.

Forrest(?) the young septic lad for example. Is he no a fringe player there? If so, whats he doing starting an international match?

It's no surprise that there is an increasing apathy with the national team with that idiot in charge.

JimBHibees
29-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Dont think it was too bad however mystified by Levein playing Forrest a very right footed winger on the left and Robson a very left footed player on the right. The guy is 19 and on his debut and he plays him in his wrong position. Also amazed Miller played all 90 mins of the three games in this tournament why not allow someone else a chance, McCormack or Naismith could have done similar.

Thought Hanley looked ok as did Bannen when he came on. All in all a half decent runout of games and thought we played well in the main. We need more quality up front and should be begging Fletcher back.

libernian
29-05-2011, 07:52 PM
i thought the lad bannan was good when he came on.

scott brown was very poor first half. got better in the second tho.

and i think we would have done a lot better with fletcher.

quite encouraged by tonight and thot we should have won actually. tbh tho ireland really didnt look very good at all. seem like a big championship team, fouling and punting up the park.

libernian
29-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Dont think it was too bad however mystified by Levein playing Forrest a very right footed winger on the left and Robson a very left footed player on the right. The guy is 19 and on his debut and he plays him in his wrong position. Also amazed Miller played all 90 mins of the three games in this tournament why not allow someone else a chance, McCormack or Naismith could have done similar.

Thought Hanley looked ok as did Bannen when he came on. All in all a half decent runout of games and thought we played well in the main. We need more quality up front and should be begging Fletcher back.

:agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
29-05-2011, 09:06 PM
This game is rank.

how many games featuring Sctoland are rank? must be high amount. Paint drying has been spoke about earlier, damn right.

Watching the class of last night against the awfulness of these home nation affairs is simply worlds apart.

R'Albin
29-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Surely levein has to call fletch back? He must be nearing the sack so surely they can settle their differences because we could really do with him.

hibsbollah
29-05-2011, 09:29 PM
how many games featuring Sctoland are rank? must be high amount. Paint drying has been spoke about earlier, damn right.

Watching the class of last night against the awfulness of these home nation affairs is simply worlds apart.

Any football fan from Cape Town to Helsinki to Tokyo to Berlin would have watched Barca last night and thought their own nation was pathetic by comparison. We shouldnt beat ourselves up about it.

Frazerbob
29-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Surely levein has to call fletch back? He must be nearing the sack so surely they can settle their differences because we could really do with him.

I'm no fan of Potter, in fact I despise him and have wanted him out since the Lithuania and Czech games however, how is he close to the sack? The last few games have been pretty decent IMO. Beating Wales and Northern Ireland (who we have struggled against in recent years), loosing to Brazil (hardly a shock) and a narrow defeat tonight to an Irish team who looked stronger on paper and were at home. Also, if you look at the stats we had something like 70% of the pocession. If it wasn't for the stone wall penalty being turned down and Kenny Millers late miss, we could have won that match.

Bare in mind we were without Commons, both Fletchers and McFadden tonight. That's quite a lot of attacking threat in particular.

I'm away to have a wash now, defending Levein has made me feel dirty!

--------
30-05-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm no fan of Potter, in fact I despise him and have wanted him out since the Lithuania and Czech games however, how is he close to the sack? The last few games have been pretty decent IMO. Beating Wales and Northern Ireland (who we have struggled against in recent years), loosing to Brazil (hardly a shock) and a narrow defeat tonight to an Irish team who looked stronger on paper and were at home. Also, if you look at the stats we had something like 70% of the pocession. If it wasn't for the stone wall penalty being turned down and Kenny Millers late miss, we could have won that match.

Bare in mind we were without Commons, both Fletchers and McFadden tonight. That's quite a lot of attacking threat in particular.

I'm away to have a wash now, defending Levein has made me feel dirty!

You forgot McKail-Smith from Peterborough - I watched him in the play-off final and he looked a MUCH better forward than Miller or Naismith. Both were rank against the Republic. A decent international striker would have put that late chance away - Miller squanders chances like that every time he plays. He should have been binned a LONG time ago.

Generally the Scots' first touch was dreadful and Potter's addiction to Hoofball lives on. I turned off the sound and watched without the "commentary" - the match was truly dreadful - no atmosphere, VERY little football, and the way Scotland conceded? Dear God.

That said, IMO this competition has been a total non-event. A home tournament will only work if England are involved and they won't touch this with a barge-pole. A nice warm-up for the RoI's World Cup match at the weekend is all this has been.