PDA

View Full Version : NHC Financial fair play

Pete
28-05-2011, 04:44 AM
Just looking at all the stuff on sky sports news about the champions league final. I'm thinking it's getting a bit boring.
You can argue that it's good football but it's been the same lot of teams in the last eight for god knows how long.

Where are the teams in the semis like Kiev, Porto, Monaco...etc...?

Reality is they have no chance of ever reaching those heights again.

This financial fair play league has been brought in to make things "fairer". The principle of fairness is fine but I think the way it works will just reinforce the big clubs status at the top.

The rules state that you can't spend more than you generate....so will the big clubs in the league not just dominate? Those with big grounds like Rantic and Manu U will generate more money through the gate and those with international profile will only see their compitition weaken because nobody else can break into the market.
There's a thread about how you would spend money on hibs if you had lots of money but even if a Hibs fan won 200 billion on the lottery they can do nothing about it if they want to reach the top.

The way I see it it's simply going to result in the same teams...the tops you see for sale in JJB etc...dominating european football. And in leagues all aroung Europe it will be the same story. The big teams with the big grounds and gloryhunting fans will prevail and there's nothing anyone on the outside can do about it.

Tricla
28-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Just looking at all the stuff on sky sports news about the champions league final. I'm thinking it's getting a bit boring.
You can argue that it's good football but it's been the same lot of teams in the last eight for god knows how long.

This financial fair play league has been brought in to make things "fairer". The principle of fairness is fine but I think the way it works will just reinforce the big clubs status at the top.

The rules state that you can't spend more than you generate....so will the big clubs in the league not just dominate? Those with big grounds like Rantic and Manu U will generate more money through the gate and those with international profile will only see their compitition weaken because nobody else can break into the market.
There's a thread about how you would spend money on hibs if you had lots of money but even if a Hibs fan won 200 billion on the lottery they can do nothing about it if they want to reach the top.

The way I see it it's simply going to result in the same teams...the tops you see for sale in JJB etc...dominating european football. And in leagues all aroung Europe it will be the same story. The big teams with the big grounds and gloryhunting fans will prevail and there's nothing anyone on the outside can do about it.

Always has been IMO.

If the Cabbage aren't involved I'm not interested! :flag:

I'm not sure you can directly compare the domination of the CL by Barca, Madrid, Utd et al to the domination of our league by Rantic as pretty much all the protagonists in the CL have massive stadiums, fan bases and income and are at the top of their respective leagues. Albeit the above mentioned teams may have a better grasp of the global market compared to others allowing them to attract the best players from around the world. Mind you, Barca's team is made up of mostly Spanish folks. I think these teams are just better.

Rantic on the other hand make our league stagnant by being complete troglodytes.

pentlando
28-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Whilst the fair play thing will not affect the 'big' clubs, it will certainly have some on those who pretend to be big clubs. Those, like Portsmouth and soon Hearts :greengrin, who in the pursuit of success have risked the entire future of their club will no longer be able to do so, or at least compete in European competition.

If clubs generate more through merchandise and ticket sales i don't see how anyone can complain if they are spending more on transfers and wages :confused:

lucky
28-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Total collapse of tv money is the only way football will ever become competitive again. The big countries with big tv deals make it impossible for smaller countries clubs to compete

SmokieJoe
28-05-2011, 08:41 AM

Always has been IMO.

If the Cabbage aren't involved I'm not interested! :flag:

I'm not sure you can directly compare the domination of the CL by Barca, Madrid, Utd et al to the domination of our league by Rantic as pretty much all the protagonists in the CL have massive stadiums, fan bases and income and are at the top of their respective leagues. Albeit the above mentioned teams may have a better grasp of the global market compared to others allowing them to attract the best players from around the world. Mind you, Barca's team is made up of mostly Spanish folks. I think these teams are just better.

Rantic on the other hand make our league stagnant by being complete troglodytes.

Hopefully it will make our board more agressive in raising Hibs' profile and generate more sponsershipe et... then in turn, when we do have the new crop of youngesters coming throgh we will be able to hold onto them for longer, because there will be am increase of bums on seats. We are just suferring at the moment because of our poor season, poor standard of player in general, finaces frittered by not only the high manager turn-around, but also with these ex-managers players.

I do believe come the end of the season, we will have at least 14k average gate, and more readies to keep the improvement cycle on the pitch.

SmokieJoe
28-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Total collapse of tv money is the only way football will ever become competitive again. The big countries with big tv deals make it impossible for smaller countries clubs to compete

The ending of player wage caps and capitalism put paid to the level playing field. with the constraints they are inforcing now this should at least begin to redress the ballance, it will end up being that the team with the most support will end up with the better players.....or is that what it is like just now?

Antifa Hibs
28-05-2011, 09:07 AM
The ending of player wage caps and capitalism put paid to the level playing field. with the constraints they are inforcing now this should at least begin to redress the ballance, it will end up being that the team with the most support will end up with the better players.....or is that what it is like just now?

In respective leagues, yes. But in a greater European scale. No.

You've got teams like Wigan and Bolton and Fulham generating and spending more than Rangers, Celtic, Ajax, Red Star, Kiev etc etc. All far bigger clubs, massive histories etc.

Antifa Hibs
28-05-2011, 09:14 AM

For all it does seem a great idea, I think its just to appease some chairman/presidents of 'smaller' clubs.

Deep down Uefa want finals consisting of Madrid, Barca, Milan, Liverpool, Inter, Man U and maybe Bayern every year. For all i'd love to see a Red Star Belgrade v Panathinaikos final, it wouldn't generate a quarter of the viewing figures compared to tonights final, and with Uefa that is what it boils down to ££££.

For all in theory it sounds good, nothing will change. It's also open to abuse. What's to stop an owner sticking a 1-inch sponsor on the shorts of the team and giving them £50m a season. This will surely come under 'income generated'.

If Uefa wanted change, they'd go back to the old format..? The lying corrupt c***s.

Kaiser1962
28-05-2011, 09:43 AM
For all it does seem a great idea, I think its just to appease some chairman/presidents of 'smaller' clubs.

Deep down Uefa want finals consisting of Madrid, Barca, Milan, Liverpool, Inter, Man U and maybe Bayern every year. For all i'd love to see a Red Star Belgrade v Panathinaikos final, it wouldn't generate a quarter of the viewing figures compared to tonights final, and with Uefa that is what it boils down to ££££.

For all in theory it sounds good, nothing will change. It's also open to abuse. What's to stop an owner sticking a 1-inch sponsor on the shorts of the team and giving them £50m a season. This will surely come under 'income generated'.

If Uefa wanted change, they'd go back to the old format..? The lying corrupt c***s.

The "old format" was akin to modern day slavery. Pre Bosman we could have held on all those players who Rod was, apparently, desperate to sell and basically, by holding their registration, could have frozen them out the game completely.

There are further changes comong which will not, in any way, help clubs like Hibs or , for that matter, players who are unfortunate to get injured or are perhaps not so good. The top 1% benefit greatly and the rest can GTF.

greenlad
28-05-2011, 10:12 AM
The "old format" was akin to modern day slavery. .

I believe Antifa means the old format as in a straight two-legged knockout European Cup for champion clubs only (plus the previous years winners if they hadn't won their league). No seeding, no group stages, no clubs finishing 4th in the Spanish league being parachuted in three rounds after the Albanian Champions. If AC Milan happened to draw Barcelona in the First Round then TOUGH, one of them would be out of Europe by September and that was that!

Antifa Hibs
28-05-2011, 10:25 AM
I believe Antifa means the old format as in a straight two-legged knockout European Cup for champion clubs only (plus the previous years winners if they hadn't won their league). No seeding, no group stages, no clubs finishing 4th in the Spanish league being parachuted in three rounds after the Albanian Champions. If AC Milan happened to draw Barcelona in the First Round then TOUGH, one of them would be out of Europe by September and that was that!

That's the one mate.

Apologies for the confusion.

Kaiser1962
28-05-2011, 10:42 AM

:doh:

And in that case Antifa would probably be right except :greengrin was the change not driven by German TV in the nineties when all the German clubs got knocked out early doors therefore depriving the competition of TV money from the largest economy in Europe? While UEFA sanctioned and implemented it, the seeding/leagues was purely to avoid a scenario whereby there was no Spanish, English, Italian, German or, to a lesser degree, French interest till at leat the very late stages.