PDA

View Full Version : Stack signs 1 yr extension

WhileTheChief..
27-05-2011, 05:21 PM
On official site. her's hoping he's fit at last.

silverhibee
27-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Looks like he has signed a new contract with Hibs. :thumbsup:

marinello59
27-05-2011, 05:23 PM
That is good news. :thumbsup:

Beefster
This can't have happened. We were assured that he was away.

He obviously skipped out of the meeting with Rodders, rather than stomped, and then said his goodbyes to the players because he was leaving East Mains for the day.

Hibeesb0unc3
great news!!! he has looked good last season until he got injured. Lets hope he can stay fit this season:not worth

Saorsa
Looks like he has signed a new contract with Hibs. :thumbsup:Good news IMO :thumbsup: :flag:

Broken Gnome
No he didn't. He stormed out in a huff and said his goodbyes..... didn't he??

Right deal for both parties I would guess.

scoopyboy
27-05-2011, 05:24 PM
On official site. her's hoping he's fit at last.

One year is fine, if he isn't available for virtually every game it will be his last.

Will he start as first pick or will CC be looking to bring another goalie in?

Craig_in_Prague
27-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Excellent :flag:

matty_f
27-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Brilliant!! A Regulator first with the news again!!

silverhibee
27-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Good news IMO :thumbsup: :flag:

Agree. Stack as No1 if fit and Brown for back-up, is there any need for Divis anymore, our 3rd choice should be a youth goalie.

Aldo
27-05-2011, 05:28 PM
One year is fine, if he isn't available for virtually every game it will be his last.
Will he start as first pick or will CC be looking to bring another goalie in?

Would agree scoopy (bit in bold)

For me has to start as No 1 as he is the best Keeper at ER IMHO.

HibbyAndy
27-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Great news :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Saorsa
27-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Agree. Stack as No1 if fit and Brown for back-up, is there any need for Divis anymore, our 3rd choice should be a youth goalie.:agree: I was always more confident with him in goals, the defence always looked like they were too.

Hope he stays fit :agree:

Hibs90
27-05-2011, 05:30 PM
I'd rather Brown in goals than Stack tbh but happy enough with this.

Elephant Stone
27-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Very pleased :aok:

scoopyboy
27-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Agree. Stack as No1 if fit and Brown for back-up, is there any need for Divis anymore, our 3rd choice should be a youth goalie.

The players especially the defence are happy and are confident with Stack.

Another plus for me is that is one less player we need to sign and if CC has a pot of cash then it might mean he can push the boat out that wee bit further to land quality players.

WhileTheChief..
27-05-2011, 05:33 PM

Any idea when Divis' contract is up? I'd be wary of letting him go if he's any good.

Doesn't sound like Stack is fit yet so I'd want decent cover for Brown. Our defence is young enough without having a rookie goalie.

Dinkydoo
27-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Good stuff. :thumbsup:

When he's fit I rate him quite highly and don't think we could afford to splash out on a better keeper tbh; especially if we have other positions to improve over the summer.

Kaiser1962
27-05-2011, 05:38 PM

He obviously skipped out of the meeting with Rodders, rather than stomped, and then said his goodbyes to the players because he was leaving East Mains for the day.

I am truly mystified....:dunno:

hibs0666
27-05-2011, 05:39 PM

Yup - clearly knows his/her stuff

Kaiser1962
27-05-2011, 05:40 PM

Absolutely. Great to have someone "ITK" on the forum. :greengrin

ScottB
27-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Good stuff if he can be fit and healthy more often than not!

Is it a pay as you play deal or just a straight one year deal?

Dinkydoo
27-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Yup - clearly knows his/her stuff

Absolutely. Great to have someone "ITK" on the forum. :greengrin

I knew he was right. :wink:

Liam89
27-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Great news! :thumbsup:

Jones28
27-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Excellent, best hibs goalie when fully fit. Anyone think Stacky would stay at Hibs in a coaching role when he retires?

Hank Schrader
27-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Fair chuffed at this news :top marks

Dinkydoo
27-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Excellent, best hibs goalie when fully fit. Anyone think Stacky would stay at Hibs in a coaching role when he retires?

Not sure but he certainly talked a good game during the Hibs Vs Bohemians match on Hibs TV.

Came across as very knowledgeable of the game; would be a definite improvment on what we've had in that role in the past.

MyJo
27-05-2011, 05:53 PM
bet he feels like a tit after saying goodbye to everyone a couple of weeks ago. :rolleyes:

either way glad he's on board. think this signals the end of divis given that our squad is only meant to be 24 players having 3 goalies might be a bit much

Dirkster23
27-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Great news (provided we can keep him fit), you can see the defence are a lot more confident when he's in goals :aok:

BEEJ
27-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Good news. Glad he's staying on. Hope he can keep injury free now.

Any idea when Divis' contract is up? I'd be wary of letting him go if he's any good.
We have him on loan until January 2012.

bandylegs_jLeighton
27-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Assuming his injury problems are behind him it's a good start to building a more solid defensive unit for next season.

Ability wise he is as good as we could probably afford, but the fact he's a talker and strong character make a big difference.

Having Stack's and Sproule's voices amongst the match squads I feel is a good thing to have alongside our younger players.

Now if we could only supplement the squad with few top quality experienced players we might get somewhere.

Kojock
27-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I heard that the only reason he signed for us is because no one else would touch him due to his ongoing injury problems. He hopes he can have an injury free season and a bigger club will come in for him. :wink:

scoopyboy
27-05-2011, 06:17 PM
I heard that the only reason he signed for us is because no one else would touch him due to his ongoing injury problems. He hopes he can have an injury free season and a bigger club will come in for him. :wink:

Sounds fair enough to me.

SteveHFC
27-05-2011, 06:19 PM
:thumbsup:

KiddA
27-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Great news :thumbsup:

I just hope he can stay fit, as when he is fit he is quality :agree:

Lofarl
27-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Great news. Stack's a brave keeper and a talented one at that. He never pulls out of a 50/50 unlike some other players we have had. His bravery in this aspect has cost him injuries for sure. But I'd rather have a keeper like Stack charging out to close down a ball than Smith dithering on his line.

PeterboroHibee
27-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I rate him as a keeper and its good hes been offered an extension, but the only thing that worries me is his injury problems; if hes over them, then great, but one of the main problems this season was the lack of consistancy with the keepers and the utter crap we had as back up.

Now that Stack is signed on think one of the other keepers has to go, with CC wanting a smaller squad theres no reason for 3 first team keepers (especially when one of them is on loan).

At The Edge
27-05-2011, 06:38 PM
very happy with this news, we seemed a different team at the back when he was in between the sticks, controlled the players in front of him well.

If he can stay fit we'll solve some of our problems at the back.

:cgwa

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2011, 06:41 PM
He was given a new 1 year contract, after CC failed to get his main target.

Apparently he was after a 2nd choice keeper from a south wales club.

He declined though stating the money offered was only somewhere between £1300 to £1800 a week. :wink:

ancient hibee
27-05-2011, 06:48 PM

He declined though stating the money offered was only somewhere between £1300 to £1800 a week. :wink:
You really had me believing you until the last bit-everybody knows it's between£1300 and £1500.

Andy74
27-05-2011, 06:49 PM

Quite

Bob Box Fish
27-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Our best keeper, good news.

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Good news. Stack is a good keeper and a good character to have around. Especially with CC saying the dressing room is very quiet.

DH1875
27-05-2011, 07:21 PM

Was there ever a need for Divis though? To this day I still can't see the sence in it.
Great news on Stack, lets just hope he can stay fit :aok:.

IWasThere2016
27-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Brilliant! :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
27-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Fantastic. :thumbsup: Hopefully over the pre-season they can get him to full fitness. :flag:

Jonnyboy
27-05-2011, 07:54 PM
It was a close thing as Stacky fumbled the fountain pen Rodders gave him and it landed a mere inch from his foot, almost impaling him and ensuring that his custom made treatment table remained a sensible purchase :greengrin

Am glad he's staying but feel let down by the poster that insisted he was leaving :wink:

Hibstrooper
27-05-2011, 07:55 PM
No coincidence our unbeaten run coincided with Stack in goals, cracking news!
:thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
27-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Great news (provided we can keep him fit), you can see the defence are a lot more confident when he's in goals :aok:

:agree::agree:

Hibbyradge
27-05-2011, 08:07 PM
What I said happened happened.And I believe I did mention that he might come crawling back or something along those lines:agree:Who else would want him anyway? He certainly couldn't have had any half decent offers or he wouldn't still be here.

:tee hee: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :tee hee:

:crazy:

jdships
27-05-2011, 08:08 PM
No he didn't. He stormed out in a huff and said his goodbyes..... didn't he??

Right deal for both parties I would guess.

My thoughts too
Somebody must have been in the wrong GREGGS !! :greengrin:wink:

BEEJ
27-05-2011, 08:13 PM
What I said happened happened.And I believe I did mention that he might come crawling back or something along those lines:agree:Who else would want him anyway? He certainly couldn't have had any half decent offers or he wouldn't still be here.
Just when this thread was getting insanely positive for Hibs.net, along comes our resident Mensa candidate to tell us how things really are. :greengrin

jdships
27-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Just when this thread was getting insanely positive for Hibs.net, along comes our resident Mensa candidate to tell us how things really are. :greengrin

:top marks:thumbsup::greengrin

millarco
27-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Started 7 games last season and we won 6 (Maribor away the only loss). Hopefully he can stay fit and we can get a full season out of him. Not the best at crosses but a good shot-stopper and organises the defence well-if you were a defender you'd be more likely to react to a blasting from Stack than Brown.

weonlywon6-2
27-05-2011, 08:26 PM
That is good news. :thumbsup:

it most certainly is.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

seanraff07
27-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Brilliant news, best keeper when fit, lets hope he's back fully fit soon :thumbsup:

Ritchie
27-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Fantastic news!!! :thumbsup:

R'Albin
27-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Delighted:thumbsup::thumbsup:

alfieboi75
27-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Great news!!! I do hope once the season starts he shall gain confidence for the team and it clicks into place.....it has to happen as the amount of effort from Hibs fans attending games, we deserve good times!!!

CC.....show your ambitions and create a successful team for us Hibees!!!:thumbsup:

MrSmith
27-05-2011, 09:54 PM
I am definitely happier with this news!

iwasthere1972
27-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Great news :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great news otherwise I would be down to only 8 mates on facebook. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
27-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Surprised there's no a thread on this. I'm pished and posting this on my phone so if ye want confirmation it's on the fishy site.

I'm quite pleased:-)

Winston Ingram
27-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Ok. I'm a blind bawbag

oldbutdim
27-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Bugger.

So close to a scoop.
:wink:

zlatan
27-05-2011, 11:54 PM
In fairness to A Regulator, was he not one of the first to say Sproule had been at East Mains to meet CC?

stokesmessiah
28-05-2011, 12:28 AM
In re to Stack, does anyone know whether that facebook site he has is a fake?

zlatan
28-05-2011, 12:37 AM
I was right about Sproule.I was right about Stack.I was right about the "Black suit,white shirt,Hibs tie"....Same source for all:greengrin

Don't worry, I'll always think you're cool.

Hibernian Verse
28-05-2011, 12:48 AM
:top marks

Good stuff, making me feel slightly better about next season already as who was going to be here keeper wise was concerning me.

The Falcon
28-05-2011, 06:35 AM

:faf:

Very nearly had me there.....good post. :greengrin

The Falcon
28-05-2011, 06:37 AM

No it didnt. :greengrin

No he didnt. :greengrin

erin go bragh
28-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Its not fake bud its defo him :agree:
ggtth

ronaldo7
28-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Great news, and the re-building starts at the back. Onwards and upwards Colin:greengrin

Barney McGrew
28-05-2011, 07:36 AM

It's genuine

CmoantheHibs
28-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Ability wise he is as good as we could probably afford, but the fact he's a talker and strong character make a big difference.

Having Stack's and Sproule's voices amongst the match squads I feel is a good thing to have alongside our younger players.

:agree:This was my thoughts.For a long time now I feel Hibs have had a shortage of strong characters in the dressing room.Im sure it has been a major factor in our poor form and our confidence is very fragile due to it also.Its probably why some players appear as though they arent trying.Its not lack of effort but lack of courage to look for the ball when things arent going well.I think/hope it is something CC will try to address with our new signings

Liam89
28-05-2011, 10:02 AM
The common denominator between our 5 win streak and our dreadful form afterwards. :wink:

Holmesdale Hibs
28-05-2011, 12:45 PM

Stack is the best keeper and agree he should start when fit. Still think Brown is a good keeper and is better than every other first choice keeper we've had since Andersson.

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2011, 01:20 PM
The only worry we have is keeping him fit, as when he does play he's the best we have and very good at organising the back 4.

They also trust him like no other keeper we have had in a long time. Please stay fit Graham, we need you.:pray:

Bishop Hibee
28-05-2011, 01:32 PM

:tsk tsk: :tee hee:

Did you see him on his hands and knees or was it the full belly crawl :rolleyes:

The right deal for both parties and good to have some positive news :agree:

Hibiza
28-05-2011, 01:36 PM
great news.

iwasthere1972
28-05-2011, 01:46 PM

IMHO it's the real thing. It makes me laugh reading some of the comments on it and how many of them really think they are Graham Stack's mate or pal. He's accepted them on facebook but there's no way he's going to be inviting any of them (or me for that matter) to his hoose for drinks and nibbles.

sleeping giant
28-05-2011, 01:51 PM
IMHO it's the real thing. It makes me laugh reading some of the comments on it and how many of them really think they are Graham Stack's mate or pal. He's accepted them on facebook but there's no way he's going to be inviting any of them (or me for that matter) to his hoose for drinks and nibbles.

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but this is from his facebook page....

"Im DELIGHTED to say im gonna be a Hibbee for at least another season!! I cant wait to stick the strip on next season and hopefully have some long awaited success! I want to thank everyone who has stood by me when i was injured and was having a difficult time, im determind to stay fit and get myself in the team and be a big part of next season. I would also like to clear up that never at any time did i storm out of any meeting as has been rumoured and had any intention of leaving, talks have been ongoing for a while and am glad to have finally put pen to paper! The staff and players are a massive reason as well as the city and the fans and obviously my family why i always wanted to stay x GGTTH"

What you gonna say about that Regulator ?:greengrin

iwasthere1972
28-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but this is from his facebook page....

"Im DELIGHTED to say im gonna be a Hibbee for at least another season!! I cant wait to stick the strip on next season and hopefully have some long awaited success! I want to thank everyone who has stood by me when i was injured and was having a difficult time, im determind to stay fit and get myself in the team and be a big part of next season. I would also like to clear up that never at any time did i storm out of any meeting as has been rumoured and had any intention of leaving, talks have been ongoing for a while and am glad to have finally put pen to paper! The staff and players are a massive reason as well as the city and the fans and obviously my family why i always wanted to stay x GGTTH"

What you gonna say about that Regulator ?:greengrin

Did he say what time and what I should wear. Formal or informal dress?

aberhibsfc
28-05-2011, 02:19 PM
I really thought he'd be away.

When fit, certainly a match for any others at the club. Fitness has been an issue during his spell with us. CC obviously rates him, the length of contract must be to both encourage him to stay and prove his fitness. If he spends much time on the treatment table during this contract, I doubt it would be extended.

Good move by CC, hope Stackie keeps clear of injury and battle for the jersey.

sesoim
28-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Good news, hope he has better luck with injuries from now on.

Judas Iscariot
28-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Great news, Stack is the best GK/only GK we've had at ER in the last 5+ years :agree:

Andy74
28-05-2011, 03:40 PM
The guy is a liar. I trust my source over this.Think about it. Why is he still here on our wages instead of even a league one team?.

The guy is a liar? What an erse.

Mikey
28-05-2011, 03:46 PM
The guy is a liar? What an erse.

It's pretty sad that he has to deny nonsense like that on his own Facebook page.

Saorsa
28-05-2011, 04:09 PM

What you gonna say about that Regulator ?:greengrinHave tae say I believe that version rather than the version posted on here by the troll http://www.passatworld.com/smilies/smiley_troll.gif

Judas Iscariot
28-05-2011, 04:13 PM
The guy is a liar. I trust my source over this.Think about it. Why is he still here on our wages instead of even a league one team?.

I bet you a grand you wouldn't call him a liar to his face :cool2:

Kaiser1962
28-05-2011, 04:19 PM
I bet you a grand you wouldn't call him a liar to his face :cool2:

...and not get smacked in the mouth!

Thats why we need him in the team. He has a bit of the nutter about him and the young guys in defence know that he will be standing next to them if it kicks off. You cant buy that.

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2011, 04:21 PM

Here pal, you are going to need this. :faf:

Kaiser1962
28-05-2011, 04:21 PM
What I said happened,happened.... You can debate why he's still here until the end of time:greengrin

Post one suggests that you actually witnessed this. Post two says that you now have a "source". What is it?

Saorsa
28-05-2011, 04:29 PM

Here pal, you are going to need this. :faf:He already has one of those and one of these.....

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/25200/25293/pick_axe_25293_lg.gif

.....I think he should throw them both away........

......Look! He's almost disappeared already :greengrin......

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/digging-1.jpg

.......he's more likely tae be needing one of these :greengrin

http://www.nlph.co.uk/ItemImages/pole-ladder.jpg

hibeelin
28-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Says here Stack took pay cut to stay at Hibs and now feels he has point to prove.

With all his injuries last year think this is what i would expect. Give him a year to show how good he can be when injury free and then offer better contract for the next season.:wink:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Graham-Stack-takes-pay-drop.6776172.jp

The Falcon
29-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Says here Stack took pay cut to stay at Hibs and now feels he has point to prove.

With all his injuries last year think this is what i would expect. Give him a year to show how good he can be when injury free and then offer better contract for the next season.:wink:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Graham-Stack-takes-pay-drop.6776172.jp

Or he gets a better offer from elsewhere? If he plays well and gets a move that sets him up for life then good luck to him.

Beefster
29-05-2011, 10:00 AM

You trust your source, who wasn't in the meeting, but don't trust the man who was in the meeting? Bizarre.

I'd suggest that you put up or apologise to the man. ****ing outrageous thing to post, to be honest.

stokesmessiah
29-05-2011, 10:09 AM
I would imagine the club have an option on him at the end of the year???? Play x amount of games and an extension kicks in or something along those lines?

Sumner
29-05-2011, 10:39 AM
definitely the best keeper at the club,
here's to an injury-free great season ahead Stacky :agree:

jdships
29-05-2011, 11:30 AM

Wether he is or not a liar is irrelevant ( he has signed) but to state that on a forum where he can't defend himself is a bit sad .

:confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-05-2011, 12:04 PM
I have nothing against Scott Thomson, but I see Stack as the most technically adept goalie that we have had at ER for a while, and I think he has a longer term future with us as the goalkeeper coach.

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2011, 12:06 PM
I have nothing against Scott Thomson, but I see Stack as the most technically adept goalie that we have had at ER for a while, and I think he has a longer term future with us as the goalkeeper coach.

Yo be fair we have never replaced Gordon Marshall. :devil:

stokesmessiah
29-05-2011, 12:36 PM
That should read the same one that told me Sproule was there. Was there when Stack came out of the meeting...

Must be true then.

Kaiser1962
29-05-2011, 12:55 PM
A contracted Hibs player,the same one that told me Sproule was there when Stack came out of the meeting with his agent and Petrie.Stack said words to the effect he was off(with a few expletives)Wasn't happy with the offer,said his goodbyes,shook hands with a few wishing them all the best for the future.I 100% believe him.
I did say that he might come crawling back. It would appear that he has done exactly that according to the Scotsman:agree:Taking a wage cut?

Has the "contracted" Hibs player told you about anyone else who has been at East Mains in the last week? Would be interesting if it was. Exciting too.

Kaiser1962
29-05-2011, 01:13 PM
No...He's not my mole:greengrin...Loads of things must go on that I don't here about.Every now and again I get a call/text.And the info has never been wrong ..

...till now.

BEEJ
29-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Why would he make it up?Like I said I have 100% confidence...And as news unfolds it seems even more correct. :wink:Deafening silence from my doubters.:greengrin
What will forever condemn you on this subject is the title of the thread you started on 10 May - "Stack's Off!"

Stack's Off!

It would seem,after a very short meeting with his agent and Petrie today after training.Seemed unhappy with what he was offered,shook a few guy's hands, wished them good luck etc etc..Not saying he might come back crawling but..

Regardless of the back-tracking you may have done in posts then and since, you're guilty of jumping to the wrong conclusions and using attention seeking headlines in the style of some cheap, hack journalist. :greengrin

moredun
29-05-2011, 05:09 PM

Because obviously you were in the meeting with him weren't you?

moredun
29-05-2011, 05:13 PM
A contracted Hibs player,the same one that told me Sproule was there when Stack came out of the meeting with his agent and Petrie.Stack said words to the effect he was off(with a few expletives)Wasn't happy with the offer,said his goodbyes,shook hands with a few wishing them all the best for the future.I 100% believe him.
I did say that he might come crawling back. It would appear that he has done exactly that according to the Scotsman:agree:Taking a wage cut?

If the offer was bad like you say, why has he signed a deal as early as May then?
He has 2/3 months to get a better deal, why sign a garbage deal now?

hibs0666
29-05-2011, 05:16 PM

I'll trust him over you any time.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Haha...I reckon I could leave him needing medical attention in less than 60 seconds:greengrin

You gonna breathe on him?

Kaiser1962
29-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Haha...I reckon I could leave him needing medical attention in less than 60 seconds:greengrin

Only if he trips over you when he's leaving.

Judas Iscariot
29-05-2011, 07:25 PM
You gonna breathe on him?

Or talk over him for 60 secs, that amount of ***** is enough to make anyone pass oot :rolleyes:

Beefster
30-05-2011, 09:40 AM

You can get a pill for that.

http://www.trying-to-conceive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/antibiotic_gonorrhea.jpg