PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Hibs comeback?

essexhibee
27-05-2011, 03:36 PM
What do people think is Hibs greatest ever comeback in a game? Just seen footage of the famous Utd comeback in '99 and was wondering if there had been a famous hibee comeback :greengrin

So what is the greatest hibs comeback....? :flag::flag:

Andy74
27-05-2011, 03:37 PM
I can only recall evans coming on late against utd at two down and us winning three two.

Tricla
27-05-2011, 03:43 PM
I can only recall evans coming on late against utd at two down and us winning three two.

I can remember that too.

I was sitting upstairs in the old main.

Great atmoshpere at that match.

greenlex
27-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Being two down to Killie at half time a handful of seasons ago yo win 4-2 will take a bit of beating.

Wheat Hound
27-05-2011, 03:44 PM
The great adventure. Somerset Park. 3-1 down with minutes to spare. Cue yogi and mixu making it 3-3 and mayhem amongst the few hundred hibees left.

scoopyboy
27-05-2011, 03:45 PM
I have seen them being 2 down several times and coming back to win, never in terribly important games however.

Can't ever recall being 3 down and coming back to win or even draw.

Kaiser1962
27-05-2011, 03:45 PM
One of the best I saw was vs Celtic in the SC Cup at ER when we won 4-3.

scoopyboy
27-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Being two down to Killie at half time a handful of seasons ago yo win 4-2 will take a bit of beating.

Many moons ago we were 2-0 down to Killie in the Scottish Cup at ER and won 5-2. Does that beat it?

RoxburghHibs
27-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Beating Napoli 5-0 after being 4-1 down from the first leg in the UEFA Cup, was some come back (granted not in the same game but still worth a mention!).

scoopyboy
27-05-2011, 03:49 PM

I remember the game and that Eddie May scored very late on to get a 4-3 win.

Can't remember how the scoring went however.

Were we behind?

greenlex
27-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Many moons ago we were 2-0 down to Killie in the Scottish Cup at ER and won 5-2. Does that beat it?

Suppose so but it wasn't at half time was it?

Kaiser1962
27-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I remember the game and that Eddie May scored very late on to get a 4-3 win.

Can't remember how the scoring went however.

Were we behind?

Sure we went 3-2 down. Could be wrong though as I was taking a lot of drink at that time. Cracker of a game though.

hibbybrian
27-05-2011, 04:07 PM
1972 League Cup QF at Broomfield

Airdrie were winning 2-1 with 20 minutes left

Ended Airdrie 2 Hibernian 6 :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
27-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Suppose so but it wasn't at half time was it?

No, IIRC we scored before half time.

In all honesty it probably wasn't as good a comeback as I don't think Killie were in the top flight at the time.

matty_f
27-05-2011, 04:09 PM
I can remember that too.

I was sitting upstairs in the old main.

Great atmoshpere at that match.

Same here. Evans never scored two very often, probably why this one is memorable!

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Couple of games I remember at ER.

3-1 down v St Mirren, won 4-3
2-0 down v Gretna, won 4-2

scoopyboy
27-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Same here. Evans never scored two very often, probably why this one is memorable!

Strange thing (if I am right of coarse) is that I think Hibs scored their three goals up the slope.

fat freddy
27-05-2011, 04:28 PM
i remember being 3-0 down to dundee at half time in a cup tie in the early seventies at easter road...we brought it back to 3-3 but i cant remember what happened after that...in fact, i wonder if i even remember the match although i recall a massive dundee support...did i imagine this?

scoopyboy
27-05-2011, 04:31 PM
i remember being 3-0 down to dundee at half time in a cup tie in the early seventies at easter road...we brought it back to 3-3 but i cant remember what happened after that...in fact, i wonder if i even remember the match although i recall a massive dundee support...did i imagine this?

I was there too, Alan Gordon hat trick.

Got beat 3-0 in the replay.

Can't say I remember we were 3 down though.

TV cameras were at it.

jamiehibee
27-05-2011, 04:32 PM

IIRC For some reason Gary Caldwell was playing right back and essentially ran the length of the park and scored from about 20 yards out. Bizarre but magic!

HibbyAndy
27-05-2011, 04:38 PM
2-0 down at Tynecasle and drew 2-2.

Screamer of a freekick from Joe Mcbride.

2-0 down at Tynecastle January 98, Stevie Fulton scored twice in the 1st ten minutes, Hearts needed only to win to top the league, Andy Walker and Mcginlay scored two second half goals, Many would believe it was Mcginlays goal that relegated Hibs as it bought Duff Jim more time which eventually resulted in relegation for hibs.

Kevin Harper was simply outstanding that day for Hibs,Tore there left back a new hole, Ripped the utter pish time and time again, If that match had 10 more minutes Hibs would have won.

CropleyWasGod
27-05-2011, 05:03 PM

That's my one :agree:

We were 2-0 and 3-1 down IIRC.

Scored three times down the slope.

CapitalHibs
27-05-2011, 05:23 PM

Brian - you may remember this one.

Early sixties under Walter Galbraith and down 2-0 at tynecastle and facing relegation. A second half comeback saw Hibs score 3 in five minutes with astonishing lapses by the hertz defence, Lots of talk after about hertz not wanting Hibs relegated and gifting us the points- though I believe Norrie Davidson never kicked another ball for hertz after scoring a last minute equaliser.

Ray_
27-05-2011, 05:48 PM

Remember that one well Brian, Arthur Duncan & John Brownlie ran the Airdrie defence ragged.

Jones28
27-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Tony Mowbry's first season in charge where we beat Dundee Utd 3-2 after being 2-1 down, Gary Smith scored with a header.
Being 2-0 down to Gretna, Fabian Yantorno scored both IIRC, then destroyed them second half and won 4-2.

ScapeGoat
27-05-2011, 06:02 PM
two contenders

Coming back from 1-0 against the yams and winning oooh i forget the score...
6-2 was it?

And the greatest ever comeback - beating Mercer!

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2011, 06:18 PM

This.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2011, 06:21 PM

2-0 down at Tynecastle January 98, Stevie Fulton scored twice in the 1st ten minutes, Hearts needed only to win to top the league, Andy Walker and Mcginlay scored two second half goals, Many would believe it was Mcginlays goal that relegated Hibs as it bought Duff Jim more time which eventually resulted in relegation for hibs.

Kevin Harper was simply outstanding that day for Hibs,Tore there left back a new hole, Ripped the utter pish time and time again, If that match had 10 more minutes Hibs would have won.

I can remember thinking it was going to be their revenge 7 0, oh well!

Iggy Pope
27-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Couple of games I remember at ER.

3-1 down v St Mirren, won 4-3
2-0 down v Gretna, won 4-2

A great example of battering a team down the slope with a brilliantly executed volley from Geebsie.

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Tony Mowbry's first season in charge where we beat Dundee Utd 3-2 after being 2-1 down, Gary Smith scored with a header.
Being 2-0 down to Gretna, Fabian Yantorno scored both IIRC, then destroyed them second half and won 4-2.Remember that game very well. Gary Smith's only goal for Hibs i think.

Iggy Pope
27-05-2011, 06:25 PM

Marvellous game from Boozy - he had Combe going radge! And not for the first time!

The great adventure. Somerset Park. 3-1 down with minutes to spare. Cue yogi and mixu making it 3-3 and mayhem amongst the few hundred hibees left.

Wee Russell's debut? A great day out and IIRC Ayr would have gone top ahead of us with a win.....
Yogi's diving header was skipper's stuff and no mistake.
:flag:

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2011, 06:25 PM
2 of the best goals ive witnessed live were in that game. Hunters volley and Torfasson for Saints.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Marvellous game from Boozy - he had Combe going radge! And not for the first time!

Wee Russell's debut? A great day out and IIRC Ayr would have gone top ahead of us with a win.....
Yogi's diving header was skipper's stuff and no mistake.

I remember going into work and telling the OF tramps that i'd seen a wee guy that would sign for one of them very soon, thought he wouldve been more suited to timothy though!

Iggy Pope
27-05-2011, 06:29 PM
2 of the best goals ive witnessed live were in that game. Hunters volley and Torfasson for Saints.

Geebsie hit his volley on the turn from the edge of the box right into the roof of the net.
Don't know how it doesn't get mentioned more often.
I was in the far right of the East in the open corner between the sheds and I thought I was gonna burst! What a goal....

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Well done to the OP, Ive been guilty of being negative recently, but, maybe, this is what being a hibby is all about, is what we need to remember!

ancient hibee
27-05-2011, 06:34 PM
6-5 at Dunfermline after being 5-2 UP -they got level Jim Scott scored the winner from a quickly taken Allan McGraw free kick-Dun.protested the ball was still moving when he took it(it was).

hibby al
27-05-2011, 06:35 PM
3 nil down at half time to st johnstone 1973 henry hall ripping us apart
shooting up the slope second half pulled it back to 3-3 harper ,cropley and duncan
scoring, best half that i can remember from arthur duncan he even set up gordon for
the winner in last minute but for once big alan missed.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me, but, did we come back to draw 3 3 at EEP v the pars after being 3 1 down in the first game of the season about 25 years ago? Im sure we drew 3 3 at Morton in the next game b4 Mickey went to Luton too.

Iggy Pope
27-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me, but, did we come back to draw 3 3 at EEP v the pars after being 3 1 down in the first game of the season about 25 years ago? Im sure we drew 3 3 at Morton in the next game b4 Mickey went to Luton too.

Games were one after the other, but I thought we got pegged back?

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Cannae mind!

Andy74
27-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Strange thing (if I am right of coarse) is that I think Hibs scored their three goals up the slope.

That's right.

Iggy Pope
27-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Cannae mind!

Here you go - seems it was a bit up and doon!

http://users.quista.net/fraserp/Season87-88/pars080887.htm

And we beat the Huns 1-0 next game, got battered 4-0 by Dundee after that THEN dreww 3-3 at Cappielow.....

greenginger
27-05-2011, 06:58 PM
6-5 at Dunfermline after being 5-2 UP -they got level Jim Scott scored the winner from a quickly taken Allan McGraw free kick-Dun.protested the ball was still moving when he took it(it was).

I was there keeper got a hand or something on the shot and it crossed the line by about a foot ------Mayhem behind the goals, pitch invasion them were the days !

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2011, 07:03 PM

And we beat the Huns 1-0 next game, got battered 4-0 by Dundee after that THEN dreww 3-3 at Cappielow.....

Nice one, happy days!

Ollie Reed
27-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Beating Napoli 5-0 after being 4-1 down from the first leg in the UEFA Cup, was some come back (granted not in the same game but still worth a mention!).

That one sticks out miles ahead of any other and will always be the greatest comeback by any Hibernian side, perhaps by any Scottish side.

Jonnyboy
27-05-2011, 07:20 PM

I remember that game well. Duncan Ferguson was playing for the Arabs and running us ragged but for some obscure reason he was subbed and as soon as he left the pitch we took command and rattled in three to win :thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
27-05-2011, 07:22 PM
shooting up the slope second half pulled it back to 3-3 harper ,cropley and duncan
scoring, best half that i can remember from arthur duncan he even set up gordon for

Jeez, I remember that day, Stanton was playing centre half and had a nightmare 1st half. Not often you could say that!

madabouthibs
27-05-2011, 07:24 PM
The Killie 4-2 game at ER for me.
For some bizarre reason, even though wewere 0-2 down at HT, the atmosphere was buzzing, because noone could quite understand how the hell we were 2 goals down! I've never looked forward to a second half so much for a while...... :greengrin

The 4-3 Celtic SC game in '86 was fantasitc. We'd already put them out the Skol cup that season too, after a penalty shoot out. Cue pitch invasion...... :greengrin

The Harp
27-05-2011, 07:25 PM
I was there keeper got a hand or something on the shot and it crossed the line by about a foot ------Mayhem behind the goals, pitch invasion them were the days !

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah, classic stuff! :aok: We seemed to be able to score goals for fun in those days and we probably thought it would always be like that. Just like now tho we conceded more than most teams if my memory serves me right.
Dunfermline was like another derby game back then wi' a huge, noisy Hibs travelling support. It was always a difficult fixture 'cos they were a decent side especially at east end.

5-2@ER
27-05-2011, 07:40 PM
As you Can See My User Name Guess What My First Game Was

glenn6270
27-05-2011, 07:42 PM

ha ha top one for me got lifted when the second goal for hearts went in .
did not know the score till late on that night in the high street nick .
:thumbsup::flag:

blairwallace
27-05-2011, 07:58 PM
im going for the 4-2 game against Gretna when they got promoted, being 2-0 down at half time no one really seen us pulling back but when zemamma scored that freekick to make it 3-2.........:not worth

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2011, 08:25 PM

Just thinking back to that Dundee game KKK & Dodds ripped us a new one that day, they were outstanding.

3pm
27-05-2011, 08:50 PM
New Year 96. Having got gubbed 7 at Ibrox, I'd say coming from behin to beat Hearts showed some metal.

surreyhibbie
27-05-2011, 09:23 PM
I remember a few of the above, but the best I witnessed was at Pittodrie.

1-1 with 3 minutes to go, my mates and I had settled for a draw, Dons scored.

Ah well, that's it then.

we won 3-2 :thumbsup:

Still got the scar from later events, but that's another story...:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
27-05-2011, 09:35 PM
I'd go for the New Year's day game at Tynecastle back in '73. It was 0-0 with almost twenty minutes gone and we were digging deep to hold our own against one of Europe's top clubs, in front of 400,000 of their most partisan fans.

Fortunately we managed to rally and scrape a dramatic 7-0 victory.

Phew! That was a close one! Talk about a get out of jail free card!

Shrekko
27-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Just thinking back to that Dundee game KKK & Dodds ripped us a new one that day, they were outstanding.

It was Keith and Tommy Coyne. Probably the best non Old Firm partnership I've seen in the Premier/SPL.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Right enough, when i was typing it i was thinking Dodds isnae that old!

Purple & Green
27-05-2011, 10:18 PM
CIs semi cup semi 1-0 down and facing a penalty. Daniel andersson saves, Stephen dobbie equalizes and hibs win on pens.

TRC
27-05-2011, 11:11 PM
1-0 down creeping towards half time Mixu pops up with a goal and another before halftime the rest as they say is history. not a huge come back but still joyful all the same!

HibeeMG
27-05-2011, 11:11 PM
I know it's not literally a comeback but against Aberdeen in the 90's we were 2-0 up at half time (Neil Orr scored and absolute screamer of a curler!).

The Dons were a different side in the 2nd half and came back to equalise. For all intents and purposes we were a beaten side. Nobody would've put any money on us winning.

Cue Paul Wright coming on for his debut to score in injury time!

Loved that game, great atmosphere at the end.

SmokieJoe
27-05-2011, 11:15 PM
I cant remember when, but at home v's Skint Mirren, we were 3 -1 down, i looked at the teletext time was 16.45, we ended up winning 4 -3, muts be 18/20 years ago:greengrin

Basildon Hibs
27-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Did the Baker Boy not come on as a sub at Tynie in a Scottish cup game in the sixties and score four goals ? We were three nil down at the time and we ended up winning 4 - 3 ..... :wink:

The Baldmans Comb
27-05-2011, 11:38 PM
A few seasons back Motherwell went 6-2 up against us with 20 minutes to go and Hibs stormed back with 4 late goals to draw the match and even missed a penalty into the bargain.:greengrin

500 Hibs fans left the ground that night having witnessed history.Well at least that's how my still scarred mind now remembers it.:wink:

2 very late free kicks from Joe Mcbride (the son no the faither) at Tynecastle to draw the game does it for me.:thumbsup:

Wheat Hound
27-05-2011, 11:46 PM
I remember a few of the above, but the best I witnessed was at Pittodrie.

1-1 with 3 minutes to go, my mates and I had settled for a draw, Dons scored.

Ah well, that's it then.

we won 3-2 :thumbsup:

Still got the scar from later events, but that's another story...:greengrin

Was that a midweek game with Tweedie scoring a late winner?

Forza Fred
28-05-2011, 01:26 AM
I was there too, Alan Gordon hat trick.

Got beat 3-0 in the replay.

Can't say I remember we were 3 down though.

TV cameras were at it.

The replay was Jimmy ORourke's last game for Hibs.

Auckland Hibs
28-05-2011, 05:12 AM
I cant remember when, but at home v's Skint Mirren, we were 3 -1 down, i looked at the teletext time was 16.45, we ended up winning 4 -3, muts be 18/20 years ago:greengrin

I think this is the same game mentioned in an earlier post, one of the St Mirren goals was probably the best I've ever seen at ER - my memory isn't the best but it seemed like he hit it from about 40 yards into the top corner.

Seem to remember there was only 4k at the game, also was it last home game of the season?

SmokieJoe
28-05-2011, 07:41 AM
I think this is the same game mentioned in an earlier post, one of the St Mirren goals was probably the best I've ever seen at ER - my memory isn't the best but it seemed like he hit it from about 40 yards into the top corner.

Seem to remember there was only 4k at the game, also was it last home game of the season?

Yeah it was end-of-season game, i just remember jokingly saying to a mate, watch this we'll win 4-3, might have been Gareth Evans scored the winner, so long ago though.

Ringothedog
28-05-2011, 08:16 AM

I am sure that the same season, same competition we played Dundee Utd away. 2-0 down at HT. 5-2 final score

Simkin911's-Son
29-05-2011, 10:22 AM
One that sticks in mind for me was the game at Fir Park near the end of Tony Mowbray's first season in charge. Motherwell went 2-0 up in the first half I think. Garry O'Connor then missed a penalty. Gary Caldwell scores a class free kick ! Then in the last minute Sproule ran down the wing cut into the box and played it across goal to which Amadou Konte put in haha ! :not worth :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
29-05-2011, 10:43 AM
One that sticks in mind for me was the game at Fir Park near the end of Tony Mowbray's first season in charge. Motherwell went 2-0 up in the first half I think. Garry O'Connor then missed a penalty. Gary Caldwell scores a class free kick ! Then in the last minute Sproule ran down the wing cut into the box and played it across goal to which Amadou Konte put in haha ! :not worth :thumbsup:

:agree:

Konte got the goal that got us into Europe :thumbsup:

Simkin911's-Son
29-05-2011, 11:46 AM

I know haha :thumbsup: never thought we would say that :not worth maybe we should sign him back aswell to link up with ivan :greengrin

sambajustice
29-05-2011, 12:13 PM

I have this game on tape!

3-3 away at Ayr was brilliant for going mental 3-1 down going into injury time.

The season we got relegated, 2-0 down to Hearts after 7 minutes on new years day came back to draw 2-2. No last minute goals or anything but it was a good comeback

Hibrandenburg
29-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Can remember a cracker back in 1973 when we were 0-0 behind the Jambos then we managed scrape a 7-0 win in the remaining 90mins.

erin go bragh
29-05-2011, 12:32 PM
1 nil down at the pbs[brown in goals lets a goal in that only he thought was going wide]
2nd half goals by garry o and deano[in front of us hibs fans] the hibs end was electric that night :agree:
ggtth

iwasthere1972
29-05-2011, 01:35 PM

I must have been the only person who left Fir Park that day thinking we had won 2-1. I was still having a pee when Motherwell scored their second goal just after half time (the concourse walls at Fir Park are thicker than the walls in Hitler's bunker) and as far as I was concerned Motherwell were only 1-0 up when Caldwell scored. Konte got the winner. :agree:

I was still under the impression we had won and it wasn't until I got back home that I realised it was 2-2. I told my daughter it was a good day and we had won 2-1. She told me it was 2-2. :doh:

HibbyAndy
29-05-2011, 01:46 PM
I must have been the only person who left Fir Park that day thinking we had won 2-1. I was still having a pee when Motherwell scored their second goal just after half time (the concourse walls at Fir Park are thicker than the walls in Hitler's bunker) and as far as I was concerned Motherwell were only 1-0 up when Caldwell scored. Konte got the winner. :agree:

I was still under the impression we had won and it wasn't until I got back home that I realised it was 2-2. I told my daughter it was a good day and we had won 2-1. She told me it was 2-2. :doh:

How does that no surprise me Rab :greengrin

The sheep then beat us 2-1 at Easter rd the next again week, Going into the penultimate game of the season, They beat Hawrtz 2-0 and Der Hun beat us 1-0 and we got 3rd place by 3 goals :cool2:

iwasthere1972
29-05-2011, 01:55 PM
How does that no surprise me Rab :greengrin

The sheep then beat us 2-1 at Easter rd the next again week, Going into the penultimate game of the season, They beat Hawrtz 2-0 and Der Hun beat us 1-0 and we got 3rd place by 3 goals :cool2:

What you trying to say? :greengrin

3rd place. You mean we didn't win the league. When did the huns score? Bassas.

KiddA
30-05-2011, 02:26 AM

I remember that game very well that was when we had Anderson at CB and he was a nightmare that game and the fans were shouting to get Dennis on :agree:

O'Rourke3
30-05-2011, 08:32 AM

Time eh, I remember a game where we were 2 down to go 1 up in the last minute but St J scored from the kick off for the draw. I also remember Stanton being sent of against St J but it might not be the same game,

The DU Game was 31 December 1990 and Duncan Ferguson ran us ragged and had United comfertably 2 up. McLean took him off around the same time Gareth Evans game on and he scored two quickies.

0-1 to Rangers in the Cup Semi in 72 , getting the draw and winning the replay. Can't remember what happenned after mind....

greenlex
30-05-2011, 08:39 AM

Thirty odd thousand at that game.

Sergey
30-05-2011, 08:52 AM
The Killie 4-2 game at ER for me.
For some bizarre reason, even though wewere 0-2 down at HT, the atmosphere was buzzing, because noone could quite understand how the hell we were 2 goals down! I've never looked forward to a second half so much for a while...... :greengrin

The 4-3 Celtic SC game in '86 was fantasitc. We'd already put them out the Skol cup that season too, after a penalty shoot out. Cue pitch invasion...... :greengrin

That was a cracking match, too.

IIRC, we went 2-4 down in extra-time and scored two late goals to level at 4-4. I think it was Anton Rogan that blazed their final penalty over the bar.

Ollie Reed
30-05-2011, 08:55 AM
1 nil down at the pbs[brown in goals lets a goal in that only he thought was going wide]
2nd half goals by garry o and deano[in front of us hibs fans] the hibs end was electric that night :agree:
ggtth

Seems like a good enough reason to show this again...

Deano (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aFmJPsP3I)

Ollie Reed
30-05-2011, 08:58 AM
That was a cracking match, too.

IIRC, we went 2-4 down in extra-time and scored two late goals to level at 4-4. I think it was Anton Rogan that blazed their final penalty over the bar.

Was the wonderful Pierce O'Leary who missed the sudden death penalty. Think it was a Danny McGrain OG that took it to penalties with the game finishing 3-3 after 90 mins?

Sergey
30-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Was the wonderful Pierce O'Leary who missed the sudden death penalty. Think it was a Danny McGrain OG that took it to penalties with the game finishing 3-3 after 90 mins?

You might be right about the penalty taker, but match definitely finished 4-4.

This took me ages to find. :rolleyes: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/league-cup/1985-1986/results/1985-09

ScottB
30-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Motherwell 6 - 6 Hibs

Where we valiantly battled back to snatch a ridiculous result from a certain victory.

:wink:

hibby al
30-05-2011, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=O'Rourke3;2816233]Time eh, I remember a game where we were 2 down to go 1 up in the last minute but St J scored from the kick off for the draw. I also remember Stanton being sent of against St J but it might not be the same game,

i know what you mean about time so i checked on the ihibs site and we were 3 nil
down at ht in the game that i remember also henry hall was one of my p.e teachers at the time
so it was particularly galling about how well he was playing.

Ollie Reed
30-05-2011, 08:07 PM
You might be right about the penalty taker, but match definitely finished 4-4.

This took me ages to find. :rolleyes: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/league-cup/1985-1986/results/1985-09

Knew it finished 4-4, but think it was 3-3 after 90 mins and it then ended 4-4 AET. Great game all the same and will be asking a question about that match on the PM board.:devil:

Jamesie
30-05-2011, 08:11 PM
I have this game on tape!

3-3 away at Ayr was brilliant for going mental 3-1 down going into injury time.

The season we got relegated, 2-0 down to Hearts after 7 minutes on new years day came back to draw 2-2. No last minute goals or anything but it was a good comeback

Sometimes I think if we had lost that one Duffy would have got the bullet, McLeish would have arrived earlier and we wouldn't have ended up in the frist division.