PDA

View Full Version : DR to Blackburn

yogibear1975
27-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Sky are reporting that Blackburn are looking at DR with a view to signing him.

IFONLY
27-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Sky are reporting that Blackburn are looking at DR.

Looking at him doing what?

yogibear1975
27-05-2011, 12:11 PM
[
QUOTE=IFONLY;2813916]Looking at him doing what?[/QUOTE

http://www.skysports.com/football/scottishpremier/

easty
27-05-2011, 12:30 PM
I cant see it happening to be honest.

How good would it be though if he went and scored a few goals, leaving Harry Potter having sleepless nights trying to come up with a good reason not to pick him for Scotland.... "Eh, well you see at the moment I just think that we should stick with Chris Iwelumo and Kevin Kyle. Derek Riordan isnt really tall enough."

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Derek has been one of my favorite ever players, but Deek in a struggling EPL team.:faf::faf::faf:

iwasthere1972
27-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Derek has been one of my favorite ever players, but Deek in a struggling EPL team.:faf::faf::faf:

Maybe the owners are recruiting for factory workers to pack chickens.

easty
27-05-2011, 12:41 PM

Would you get Deek for that job? I mean every few hours he'd maybe pack a chicken brilliantly but most of the time he'd be doing it really lazy and just seem uninterested.:greengrin

iwasthere1972
27-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Would you get Deek for that job? I mean every few hours he'd maybe pack a chicken brilliantly but most of the time he'd be doing it really lazy and just seem uninterested.:greengrin

Ah but he doesn't have to catch them as they're already dead. Plus you get a seat and a 15 minute break every two hours.

RIP
27-05-2011, 01:17 PM

Can see Derek as the packing type masel'

Mair like as the foreman moaning at folk for no packing them correctly; taking a turn at wringing necks; chickening out of tackles, complaining to the press about the state of the factory, getting censured by management and then crying fowl!

col02
27-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Good luck to Derek if it comes to anything if not then I hope he gets a decent quality championship side that will showcase his ability better than Hibs have in recent seasons.

sahib
27-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Good luck to Derek if it comes to anything if not then I hope he gets a decent quality championship side that will showcase his ability better than Hibs have in recent seasons.

The Championship is a very physical division, I suspect he may struggle even there. Whatever Blackburn offer, he should bite their hand off. Playing in the EPL would be a fitting pinnacle to his career, although, he should have gone there instead of the Tic.

iwasthere1972
27-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Can see Derek as the packing type masel'

Mair like as the foreman moaning at folk for no packing them correctly; taking a turn at wringing necks; chickening out of tackles, complaining to the press about the state of the factory, getting censured by management and then crying fowl!

With all the headless chickens he would be in familiar surroundings and adapt very quickly.

Springbank
27-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Deek will take one look at the state of the Ewood Park pitch, make a complaint and *boom* before you know it he'll be up before the beaks.

Vini1875
27-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Wasn't the same non sense written about Fletch not being able to cut it down south? Good luck Derek, thanks for the memories. For whatever reason he is clearly demotivated at Hibs.

Andy74
27-05-2011, 03:06 PM

I don't get this. If he had ability above us why did he not show it. He can't be reliant on others if he really has ability that deserves to be showcased.

Of the guy was a stand out recently I might buy that we were dragging him down. In reality he is one of many players who's performances have helped drag us down.

marinello59
27-05-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't get this. If he had ability above us why did he not show it. He can't be reliant on others if he really has ability that deserves to be showcased.

Of the guy was a stand out recently I might buy that we were dragging him down. In reality he is one of many players who's performances have helped drag us down.

Wasn't he a standout at Celtic with better players around him?:confused:

Dashing Bob S
27-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Wasn't the same non sense written about Fletch not being able to cut it down south? Good luck Derek, thanks for the memories. For whatever reason he is clearly demotivated at Hibs.

Far from on his own there. Difficult to think of any Hibs fan who has been motivated in respect to the club for the last 18 months.

I really think Calderwood/Petrie will have to something pretty special to get fans interested again.

silverhibee
27-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Wasn't he a standout at Celtic with better players around him?:confused:

He done okay when he got a game for them, but thats the problem, he never got many games, guys like Miller were getting 10-15 game runs in the team and still not scoring.

What you confused about.

marinello59
27-05-2011, 03:53 PM
He done okay when he got a game for them, but thats the problem, he never got many games, guys like Miller were getting 10-15 game runs in the team and still not scoring.

What you confused about.

I ain't confused about anything. :greengrin

I don't buy that argument that the only reason Deeks could flourish down south is because he would have better players around him. . Deeks had a relatively poor season by his own standards but that has to be down to himself. Equally if he did sign for Blackburn any success would be down his own efforts.

scoopyboy
27-05-2011, 04:28 PM
If we are to lose Deek (eternal optimist eh) then I would love to see him get a crack at the Premier League.

I didn't think he would get a chance but if the offer is there he should go for it.

ScottB
27-05-2011, 04:32 PM
So from prattling on about trying to sign Beckham and Ronaldinho, Blackburn are now in for Deeks?

Talk about lowering their sights!

Can't see it myself, he doesn't have the pace, fitness or attitude to succeed in the Premiership.

TornadoHibby
27-05-2011, 08:27 PM

Don't often agree with you BH and although I think Derek is a fantastic striker of the ball and goalscorer, I just don't think he has the necessary pace for the EPL! :rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
27-05-2011, 08:50 PM
I ain't confused about anything. :greengrin

I don't buy that argument that the only reason Deeks could flourish down south is because he would have better players around him. . Deeks had a relatively poor season by his own standards but that has to be down to himself. Equally if he did sign for Blackburn any success would be down his own efforts.
It might also be down to the fact that the whole team had a poor season, and the hoofball style of football on offer at ER now.

Davy Mac
27-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Sometimes you realise what you miss when it's gone.

Our club is drowning in mediocrity, and I for one will miss his presence.

seanraff07
27-05-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't think Deeks would do a job in the EPL anymore.

I was thinking his level now would be signing for a bottom half Championship side.

new malkyhib
27-05-2011, 09:14 PM

Seconded.

In fact I hope Fletcher carries his end-of-season form into the EPL next season and Deek does get a move to Blackburn and score some goals too. I wonder if Potter will then crawl up their jackseys like he did with Ferguson and McGregor and include them in Scotland squads. Somehow I doubt it.

TornadoHibby
28-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Seconded.

In fact I hope Fletcher carries his end-of-season form into the EPL next season and Deek does get a move to Blackburn and score some goals too. I wonder if Potter will then crawl up their jackseys like he did with Ferguson and McGregor and include them in Scotland squads. Somehow I doubt it.

You're ignoring the critical and absolute necessity for success as a forward or offensive player in the EPL, which Fletcher has and Derek doesn't have, and that is PACE! :agree:

Please don't confuse this with some of the other guff on here about people slating Derek cause he has had a "bad season"! That's not what I am saying here and, for the record, I am a huge Derek Riordan (the goalscorer) fan! :wink:

Jones28
28-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Would be some move for him if true :agree:

I think his time at Easter Road is up, maybe best for everyone to move on so's not to tarnish great memories :flag:

Brizo
28-05-2011, 11:07 AM
So from prattling on about trying to sign Beckham and Ronaldinho, Blackburn are now in for Deeks?

Talk about lowering their sights!

Can't see it myself, he doesn't have the pace, fitness or attitude to succeed in the Premiership.

:agree:

Id put money on him going to Blackburn West Lothian before putting money on him going to Blackburn England.

Why an EPL team would want a player who had a poor season in a bottom six team in a third rate league is beyond me.

Deeks frustrates the .... out of me but his goal scoring record speaks for itself. If / when he goes I dont imagine the club will be able to afford a replacement with his eye for a goal.

hibeedonald
28-05-2011, 11:36 AM
If Sol Bamba ends up playing in the premiership then there's no reason why Deeks can't.

Leithenhibby
28-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Was it not Sky that reported that he was going to Preston :rolleyes:

I suppose they have to fill their pages with something :wink: