PDA

View Full Version : De Graff coming back

Hibstrooper
27-05-2011, 11:15 AM
http://www.rtvrijnmond.nl/Homepage/Nieuws?view=%2FNews%2FDefault%2F2011%2Fmei%2FDe+Gr aaf+terug+naar+Hibernian

I think the rough translation is he has spoken with CC and he'll be back at Hibs next season.

Willing to give him a fresh start and he might be a different player with the team around him. He never got the chance to play with the likes of Palsson or Sodje so interesting to see how he gets on.

Speedway
27-05-2011, 11:18 AM
De Graaf needs to have found some pace, which was what was letting a very good footballing brain down.

SneakersO'Toole
27-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Can't wait to have this midfield dynamo back.

It will be like the excited return of Zememma from loan all over again.

Centre Hawf
27-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Because of injuries to his knee and his groin was Edwin de Graaf little action for Kralingers.

Shoddy Translation on my browser but if that's true then I doubt he gathered any pace. As well as that I doubt he'll be a better player than he was before he left. Willing to give him a chance however.

Speedway
27-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Can't wait to have this midfield dynamo back.

It will be like the excited return of Zememma from loan all over again.

That's unusual to have a positive post from you sneaks. Well done.

Captain Trips
27-05-2011, 11:28 AM
He will be under a fair amount of pressure this time around to perform, I think certainly worth another run and hopefully the fresh start will be what was required.

hibsbollah
27-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Ya beauty!... wheres that season ticket renewal form!?

SneakersO'Toole
That's unusual to have a positive post from you sneaks. Well done.

May I offer my congratulations to you for starting another 'look at me' thread on the MB that is now pushing close to 4 pages. Excellent work.

Stew the Hibee
Whilst he isn't the quickest, Hibs fans have been demanding quality - and personally I believe that EDG has got it in abundance. His pedigree of clubs is too great for it to be a one off, and whilst he did miss the sitter against the huns, I think with Pallson in beside him, he will be free to be a more creative player and we will see the real EDG.

Stevie Reid
27-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Definitely prepared to give him another chance if CC believes he's worth it.

Lots of players have thrived under managers different to the ones that signed them. Bobby Petta and Stan Petrov at Celtic immediately spring to mind, they were considered expensive failures under Barnes.

Craig_in_Prague
27-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Fail to see what he has to offer to be honest........ But like others, need to see how a new season and fresh start for all develops.

Looks like we've lost Deek, Miller, Stack, and added to the only other quality we had in Zemmama, Bamba etc....... Struggling to see how we're going to be a good side, unless CC has some really good players lined up - on our wage structure, I am not optimistic.

Think the fans are too quick to shoot down the only talent we have had pulling on the jersey, still, very early days in the transfer movements so will need to be patient and come July 23rd I hope we can genuinely be optimistic.

Speedway
27-05-2011, 11:32 AM
May I offer my congratulations to you for starting another 'look at me' thread on the MB that is now pushing close to 4 pages. Excellent work.

And thank you for giving me the subject matter.

SneakersO'Toole
27-05-2011, 11:46 AM
And thank you for giving me the subject matter.

You need only to look in the mirror when it comes to subject matter. And find a opinion you don't like.

I don't like your posts. You don't like mine. Lets leave it at that.

Jones28
27-05-2011, 11:47 AM
If anyone had actually watched De Graaf in the short time he was at ER he is actually a decent player, he was just let down by some of the quality around him.

He played little balls and flicks that players with more vision and game awareness would have seen and run on to.

He will be a new player with Sproule (who may not have the best footballing brain, but has the pace to compensate), Vaz Te and Sodje to feed.

IMHO he's a far superior player to Liam Miller these days and I know who I would be more bothered about if they left.

This time around he has Palsson, Thornhill and Scott to add a bit of dig so hopefully he can play his game and they they can play theirs

Captain Trips
27-05-2011, 11:48 AM
If anyone had actually watched De Graaf in the short time he was at ER he is actually a decent player, he was just let down by some of the quality around him.

He played little balls and flicks that players with more vision and game awareness would have seen and run on to.

He will be a new player with Sproule (who may not have the best footballing brain, but has the pace to compensate), Vaz Te and Sodje to feed.

IMHO he's a far superior player to Liam Miller these days and I know who I would be more bothered about if they left.

You have a point but if that is case I fear he still may have the same issue of quality around him in midfield.

Speedway
27-05-2011, 11:49 AM
You need only to look in the mirror when it comes to subject matter. And find a opinion you don't like.

I don't like your posts. You don't like mine. Lets leave it at that.

No problem with that.

Stew the Hibee
27-05-2011, 12:04 PM

This time around he has Palsson, Thornhill and Scott to add a bit of dig so hopefully he can play his game and they they can play theirs

Agree 100% - especially when regarding Vaz Te. Whenever I've seen him I've seen Vaz Te play a little flick that some of our current players aren't able to "read". With a player like De Graff to play with, then these two could link up extremely well - kind of like Zemmama and Benji did IMO.

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2011, 12:24 PM

Ah thats what i was doing wrong, i was not actually watching him stumble over the ball, i was not actually watching him spray passes all over each stand. And i certainly was not watching him struggle with any kind of pace or even composure on the ball.

I need to actually watch him. :rolleyes:

Saorsa
27-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Ah thats what i was doing wrong, i was not actually watching him stumble over the ball, i was not actually watching him spray passes all over each stand. And i certainly was not watching him struggle with any kind of pace or even composure on the ball.

I need to actually watch him. :rolleyes::greengrin

Zazu62
27-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Cmon edwin prove the doubters wrong

Bishop Hibee
27-05-2011, 12:31 PM
He's been awful in a Hibs shirt so far but new season=new start so I'll give him a chance.

Jim44
27-05-2011, 12:32 PM

I can't understand all the fuss about the return of a flop who's back we coudn't see quickly enough last time round. Maybe he did suffer from playing alongside dross but there are precious few signs that he wiil be playing with better players next season. However, maybe Calderwood expects to find the elusive extra one per cent in a revived De Graff. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2011, 12:33 PM
He's been awful in a Hibs shirt so far but new season=new start so I'll give him a chance.

Dont be silly, were you actually watching him?:wink:

Bishop Hibee
27-05-2011, 12:36 PM

I've tried hypnotherapy to repress the memories of his performances last season but they were too deeply ingrained :greengrin

Spike Mandela
27-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Anyone know how he got on at the club he was on loan to?

hibsbollah
27-05-2011, 12:55 PM

This is midfield 'unseen work' all over again.

iwasthere1972
27-05-2011, 01:01 PM

He played 5 times for Excelsior and scored a goal.

3pm
27-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Problem is we have too many players who need 'better' players round them! Can we not just sign someone decent who is prepared to get wired regardless of whether his team mates are good or bad? Certainly it helps if your team mates are good but it's a very convenient excuse.

I didnae see it affect Jim Leighton and Darren Jackson in 97!

Spike Mandela
27-05-2011, 01:11 PM

Cheers. Wonder if it was injury or form that limited him to 5 games:confused:

Radium
27-05-2011, 01:18 PM
"By injuries to his knee and his groin was Edwin de Graaf barely in action for the Kralingers."

from the above link

truehibernian
27-05-2011, 01:19 PM

:faf:

Post of the day......sorry bollah, BH takes your crown for the moment.

Utterly awful player who is only back because there is no other club to take on his lucrative contract.

Everyone can do 'fancy flicks' and 'nice wee touches'.....the secret in football however is to actually try and make sure the ball that you flick, touch or pass goes to a member of the same team or better still in the opposition net. Plus he runs like Forest Gump (in still advance mode on a remote) having farted, followed through a tad and struggling like a toddler not get any on his shorts or thighs..........I am 100% with your assessment BH.

sahib
27-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Presumably, he is coming back because he has a contract. Sorry to read that he seems to be coming back in an even worse condition than when he left.
No one would play for us if they could get better money elsewhere (and the same applies to almost every club). Perhaps we should give up on the mythical "box to box midfielder" stuff and move him further back, as was the way of old. Then again, perhaps the modern game and team formation does not allow this.

iwasthere1972
27-05-2011, 01:30 PM

Looks like he featured in 6 games and scored 2. Played on 26 May and scored.

The worrying thing is it would appear since he went out on loan to Excelsior he only played the full 90 minutes in 2 games. The other four games he was in the pitch for 12, 82, 20 and 33 minutes.

We live in hope.

Houchy
27-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Looks like he featured in 6 games and scored 2. Played on 26 May and scored.

The worrying thing is it would appear since he went out on loan to Excelsior he only played the full 90 minutes in 2 games. The other four games he was in the pitch for 12, 82, 20 and 33 minutes.

We live in hope.

Not a bad scoring:minutes played ratio then given he only managed 1 for us (even if it was well after the tie was over and done with).

Maybe cc's bringing him back to fill the role that sutton or Rooney would have filled :greengrin

iwasthere1972
27-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Not a bad scoring:minutes played ratio then given he only managed 1 for us (even if it was well after the tie was over and done with).

Maybe cc's bringing him back to fill the role that sutton or Rooney would have filled :greengrin

Make that 2. :wink:

MacBean
27-05-2011, 01:50 PM

and missed two penalties in one game, which his side eventually lost by a single goal...

I have high hopes for EDG returning and being the player we were promised.

Albion Hibs
27-05-2011, 02:00 PM
From what I have seen so far Palsson, Scott and Thornhill have shown nothing that would make me think they are any better or contribute anymore to a game.

iwasthere1972
27-05-2011, 02:00 PM
and missed two penalties in one game, which his side eventually lost by a single goal...

Yikes it get worse. Does CC know?

Hibstrooper
27-05-2011, 02:08 PM

He'll fit right in, we like to miss a good few pens a season!

MoscowHibs
27-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I watched him in the Excelsior v PSV game on the box and he was outstanding. Passing,position play excellent and good penalty.And this against a team much better than he would face here,infirm included.Personally, I hope he can show this sort of form when he does come back and can send a GIRFUY to all the doubters.

Dashing Bob S
27-05-2011, 03:15 PM
"By injuries to his knee and his groin was Edwin de Graaf barely in action for the Kralingers."

from the above link

Barely in action for the malingerers either.

greenlex
27-05-2011, 03:28 PM
EDG is a has been. He can't get another club so he will be back. He will be one if our best paid players. Let's hope he can play like it.
Couldn't loan him out again. If hewas in Calderwoods plans long term and if Calderwood rated him he would gave benn here all along. Thanks Yogi.

Andy74
27-05-2011, 03:36 PM
I think I agree with both sides on this one.

I think he's a good player who knows what he is doing and in the right position could be very effective.

What other midfielders have actually got in the box three or four games ina row to even miss the chances he did?

The other side is that he did miss those chances and often looked uncomfortable. Whether it was the role, the players round about (which like Deek should not really be an excuse), or the loss of confidence after missing and then being instantly disliked I'm not sure.

He had some of his better games at place like Parkhead and Ibrox and i think he still has something to offer.

I'm just not sure he'll get any more than five minutes to change people's minds though and the negative will always be jumped on now.

He's probably had more good games this year than Wotherspoon and Palsson for example but he's not supported in the same way.

jax67
27-05-2011, 04:03 PM

IF YOU CANT FIND IT YOU CAN HAVE MINE:wink:

READING THIS THREAD HAS MADE MY MIND UP:agree:

erin go bragh
27-05-2011, 04:07 PM
You can bet your bottom dollar edg is one of our highest earners :confused: can we no just sack him [if i dont do my job right i would get sacked] or agree some kind of pay off which would let us get another player[ player meaning someone that can play the game to a decent standard] edg is slower than a week in the tin pale !
ggtth

Kaiser1962
27-05-2011, 04:12 PM
I think I agree with both sides on this one.

I think he's a good player who knows what he is doing and in the right position could be very effective.

What other midfielders have actually got in the box three or four games ina row to even miss the chances he did?

The other side is that he did miss those chances and often looked uncomfortable. Whether it was the role, the players round about (which like Deek should not really be an excuse), or the loss of confidence after missing and then being instantly disliked I'm not sure.

He had some of his better games at place like Parkhead and Ibrox and i think he still has something to offer.

I'm just not sure he'll get any more than five minutes to change people's minds though and the negative will always be jumped on now.

He's probably had more good games this year than Wotherspoon and Palsson for example but he's not supported in the same way.

I'm kindof with you on this Andy. I see him sitting in with Palsson and being half decent. I hope.

Lets give him a chance though.

HibsMax
27-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Shoddy Translation on my browser but if that's true then I doubt he gathered any pace. As well as that I doubt he'll be a better player than he was before he left. Willing to give him a chance however.

If he was carrying injuries, and if he can recover from them over the close season, then hopefully he will have recouped some pace?

Jones28
27-05-2011, 04:14 PM

Oooooh, didnt expect the usual slavers of sarcasm coming from you did i.... :na na:

Mikey
27-05-2011, 04:23 PM
We might as well give him a chance. He's under contract so unless a team buys him he aint going anywhere else. He certainly won't be paid off.

Cameron1875
27-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Jesus :grr: EDG is not a good enough player to take hibs forward. Fingers Crossed OP isn't correct.

BEEJ
27-05-2011, 04:55 PM
You can bet your bottom dollar edg is one of our highest earners :confused: can we no just sack him [if i dont do my job right i would get sacked] or agree some kind of pay off which would let us get another player[ player meaning someone that can play the game to a decent standard] edg is slower than a week in the tin pale !
ggtth
Hibs haven't done that since September 2009. Presumably to conserve the manager's budget for actual salaries and bonuses.

Does mean that we're stuck with players until the bitter end of their contract, unless they decide to create their own opportunity to move on to another club where they will feature more regularly.

Kevster81
27-05-2011, 04:56 PM

Agree !!!! The mans hopeless is this all we can look forward too what has happened to our club horrible times !!!!!

marinello59
27-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Agree !!!! The mans hopeless is this all we can look forward too what has happened to our club horrible times !!!!!

He's coming back whether some of us like it or not. We may as well support him when he does turn out in a Hibs strip. To suggest at this early stage that the return of EDG is all we have to look forward is quite frankly ridiculous. Drama queenery taken to the nth degree.

tamig
27-05-2011, 08:04 PM

Totally agree. And I think half the problem is reflected in the "support" he's receiving from some on this thread. It beggars belief some of the "backing" our players get from many contributors to this once fine forum.

tamig
27-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Jesus :grr: EDG is not a good enough player to take hibs forward. Fingers Crossed OP isn't correct.

Aye good one pal. I hope he sticks it right up you :rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
27-05-2011, 08:15 PM
If this guy comes back and turns out to be a football player after all I would be completely and utterly amazed as well as very very happy.

Mikey
27-05-2011, 08:22 PM
It beggars belief some of the "backing" our players get from many contributors to this once fine forum.

What do we do? Ban those who aren't happy with the persistent decline since 18th March 2007?

It would be a pretty quiet place.

basehibby
27-05-2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.rtvrijnmond.nl/Homepage/Nieuws?view=%2FNews%2FDefault%2F2011%2Fmei%2FDe+Gr aaf+terug+naar+Hibernian

I think the rough translation is he has spoken with CC and he'll be back at Hibs next season.

Willing to give him a fresh start and he might be a different player with the team around him. He never got the chance to play with the likes of Palsson or Sodje so interesting to see how he gets on.

Fair enough and not surprising - hope the moaners hold themselves back from jumping down his throat first time he misplaces a pass or misses a chance and gives him time to settle into what will be a new look line up.

tamig
27-05-2011, 08:28 PM
What do we do? Ban those who aren't happy with the persistent decline since 18th March 2007?

Did I suggest any such thing? This place used to be full of good positive backing for Hibs. I don't think it was even as bad as this in the pre-Mowbray days. It just sickens me the way "supporters" constantly feel the need to berate our own players. It's not supporting in my eyes. In saying that, I think the poor atmosphere in the stands is reflected on the boards here too. Still, each to their own eh?

Mikey
27-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Did I suggest any such thing?

Didn't say you did.

This place used to be full of good positive backing for Hibs. I don't think it was even as bad as this in the pre-Mowbray days. It just sickens me the way "supporters" constantly feel the need to berate our own players. It's not supporting in my eyes. In saying that, I think the poor atmosphere in the stands is reflected on the boards here too. Still, each to their own eh?

Folk are pissed off.

It's just a shame so many of them have to tell us over and over and over again :greengrin

Hiber-nation
27-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Did I suggest any such thing? This place used to be full of good positive backing for Hibs. I don't think it was even as bad as this in the pre-Mowbray days. It just sickens me the way "supporters" constantly feel the need to berate our own players. It's not supporting in my eyes. In saying that, I think the poor atmosphere in the stands is reflected on the boards here too. Still, each to their own eh?

Come on I remember even Pat Stanton being booed in the later stages of his Hibs career. Its always been there, with Hibs and every other club. There was dogs abuse being bandied about on here to certain players even when we were riding high in the Mogga days. If its one of the club's worst seasons in its history then what do you expect?

Not saying its always right of course...

Davy Mac
27-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Holding role in front of the defence just behind the midfield.

Other than that - we're well and truly donald ducked.:greengrin

tamig
27-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Come on I remember even Pat Stanton being booed in the later stages of his Hibs career. Its always been there, with Hibs and every other club. There was dogs abuse being bandied about on here to certain players even when we were riding high in the Mogga days. If its one of the club's worst seasons in its history then what do you expect?

Not saying its always right of course...

There have always been targets for the boo boys - I appreciate that. I just can't really remember it ever being as bad as it has recently. Fair dos, we've had to put up with some right pish. But I don't really see what picking on half the team - and I don't think that's an exaggeration - can possibly do to make things better. And I get the impression that some folk actually get some kind of kick out of it. Not for me bud I have to say.

spike220
28-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Has De Graaf got more to offer that we haven't seen yet? And dont just bash the fellow (that has been done to death) I am not interested in hearing that. In a team of new players has he got anything to offer? and how could he be used most effectively?

GGTTH

Spike Mandela
28-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Has De Graaf got more to offer that we haven't seen yet? And dont just bash the fellow (that has been done to death) I am not interested in hearing that. In a team of new players has he got anything to offer? and how could he be used most effectively?

GGTTH

CC must think so

spike220
28-05-2011, 01:11 PM
CC must think so

Aye, so what is it he sees that I cant?

spike220
28-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Problem is we have too many players who need 'better' players round them! Can we not just sign someone decent who is prepared to get wired regardless of whether his team mates are good or bad? Certainly it helps if your team mates are good but it's a very convenient excuse.

I didnae see it affect Jim Leighton and Darren Jackson in 97!

I could not agree more, but I think he must be worth another look.

truehibernian
28-05-2011, 01:20 PM

A lucrative contract offered by Hibernian that no other club is willing to take up and offer the same. That's my honest opinion. The mere fact that he was one of the first players CC shunted out on loan the first opportunity he got says it all for me.

I think it's cos we are lumbered with him. Harsh but true IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2011, 01:21 PM
CC must think so

CC probably has no choice in the matter?

Barney McGrew
28-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Drama queenery taken to the nth degree.

With a couple of months until the season starts again, I'll bet we see some even more extreme examples in the coming weeks :greengrin

basehibby
28-05-2011, 01:57 PM

GGTTH

From what I've seen of him in a Hibs strip (I'm someone who was looking for positives in his performances rather than one of the sour faces who was watching seemingly desparate for him to fail) he has good vision and a good range of passing - from what I understand he also has goals in him although we've not seen much of that so far albeit he regularly got himself into scoring positions.

The one thing I did not see which we were hyped up to expect is the running and stamina of a box to box player.

Franck Stanton
28-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Going by the pedigree of clubs he has played with I was excited when he signed for us, however he didn't match the hype. He never looked fit or up to the pace of the SPL - game in Holland more technical and played at slower pace . Hopefully he can adjust as from a few flashes he did show could be a useful player. I know he missed a few, well, what shall I say, easy sitters, but at least he bust a gut getting into these goal-scoring positions. Prepaired to give him a chance for this season, if he doesn't step up to the mark - get rid

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-05-2011, 02:46 PM
If CC has told him he starts with a fresh page next season, then good on EDG for coming back and trying again. If he had his contract cancelled by mutual consent I don't think a lot of fans would have been surprised. Think he suffered from being bigged up by Hughes. If he was a run all day box to box midfielder that had pace and great technical skills he would either be with us on the way up, and would leave for better things, or be with us on the way down and maybe nearer the end their career.

Judas Iscariot
28-05-2011, 03:06 PM

CC's hand was pretty forced with EDG coming back, saying that I've seen glimpses from him to suggest he'll come good..

On the other hand, CC has CHOSEN to give Stevenson a contract and I fail to see what he's done in the last 4 years to merit that!?

Although plenty are happy to write off and ridicule EDG after less than half a season in the SPL!

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2011, 04:03 PM
CC's hand was pretty forced with EDG coming back, saying that I've seen glimpses from him to suggest he'll come good..

On the other hand, CC has CHOSEN to give Stevenson a contract and I fail to see what he's done in the last 4 years to merit that!?

Although plenty are happy to write off and ridicule EDG after less than half a season in the SPL!

Since the 2007 Final when LS was MOM, he has not been given a proper run in the team. I think LS is a great little player, who is tenacious in tackle and a clever effective player. The fact that he is versatile has probably made CC give him an extra year, to see if he can make a first team jersey his own....

Judas Iscariot
28-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Since the 2007 Final when LS was MOM, he has not been given a proper run in the team. I think LS is a great little player, who is tenacious in tackle and a clever effective player. The fact that he is versatile has probably made CC give him an extra year, to see if he can make a first team jersey his own....

If LS is to be a starter in most games for us next season we will be battling relegation..

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2011, 04:49 PM
If LS is to be a starter in most games for us next season we will be battling relegation..

Really? Quite a general sweeping statement.....

BEEJ
28-05-2011, 05:42 PM
This is an excerpt from an interview with Edwin de Graaf in Voetbal International on 9 February 2011. (Not a great translation from the Dutch, but you get the gist!)

His future is yet uncertain. After this season his loan at Excelsior ends and he still has a one-year contract at Hibernian. “I have come to an agreement with the manager and chairman over there that we will see next in the summer. There are some contracts coming to an end over there so that might be an opportunity for me. Hopefully next season I get the chance to show it after all.

I was the big new signing and I was not able to match the expectations. But I am not giving up yet. The people of Hibs have said they are going to keep track of me while playing for Excelsior. For me it is especially important that I score some goals. Because that’s how you get judged in Scotland, they have a very quantitative approach of football. Who scores does well. And after that we will see.

I’ll expect to find myself back at a higher plane eventually. I am not a player for the top, but I can get along just below the top of the Eredivisie. Easily.”

Not sure that I agree with his view that players only get judged in Scotland by their goal scoring ability. They might get judged after missing a few sitters, but that's a different story altogether. :greengrin

greenlex
28-05-2011, 07:58 PM
CC probably has no choice in the matter?
I think its a case of trying to get better players in and a smaller squad. If no one takes him on loan he will be back and taking some of the budget as a wage. So ihe will be here for the season so we would be as well trying to utilise him. I think if he could be offloaded either on loan or permanently he wouldnt be considered.

DH1875
29-05-2011, 03:07 PM
A lucrative contract offered by Hibernian that no other club is willing to take up and offer the same. That's my honest opinion. The mere fact that he was one of the first players CC shunted out on loan the first opportunity he got says it all for me.

I think it's cos we are lumbered with him. Harsh but true IMHO.

Couple of guy's on the Bounce reckon that Rangers are in for him :faf:.

JimBHibees
29-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Some Dutch club will sign him prior to the
season starting IMO. CC will want to use his wage on better.

moredun
29-05-2011, 04:11 PM

So we just boo them when they receive the ball then?

That works right enough.

An example last season, a player makes a cake of something, then 1 minute later he got the ball and basically half the brainboxes in the east boo'ed him, while we still needed to him to up his game.
Could someone explain how that works then? Why would that encourage him to play better? Is that not what we all want after all?
Lets all put our players in an even worse position and boo them when they need support

Any player that gets boo'ed when they get the ball playing for Hibs is wrong, but these same people will say they pay their money so they can do what they want, fair do's but these same people will probably turn round and say they "want" him to do well.
Who the #### would want to play for Hibs with "fans" like this.

IMO Hibs fans are the worst by a mile about giving players abuse, even the youngsters.

Do what you want but you can't complain when players just want "rid" of the ball as their confidence is ruined, you can blame the manager, ie spoony, i also reckon our "fans" are not blameless with him either, the garbage he gets spouted at him is just wrong, but hey, it is your right as a fan, so carry on, but when our "fans" give any player it tight regardless of age experience etc, what fvkin chance have you got when their confidence has completely gone.

But you could all turn round and say, see that laddie, he was good, but he had a crap game, we gave him it tight and look at him now, his confidence has gone, that was the managers fault, sack him!!!!

Ps Mikey that wasn't directed at you, just went of on a rant.
Never understood the LOGIC behind it

Jones28
29-05-2011, 04:31 PM
If a player gets MOTM in one of the best games i've ever seen hibs play then who's to say he's not good enough for Hibs? If the guy doesn't get a run in the team how is he supposed to improve or continue the form we know he is capable of?

Judas Iscariot
29-05-2011, 04:36 PM
If a player gets MOTM in one of the best games i've ever seen hibs play then who's to say he's not good enough for Hibs? If the guy doesn't get a run in the team how is he supposed to improve or continue the form we know he is capable of?

Over 4 years ago whilst full of youthfull exuberence and surrounded by excellent players..

There's a reason he's been unable to hold down a starting spot and being unlucky isn't it..

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2011, 04:36 PM

He was far from man of the match that day, fletch benji brown boozy and whittaker were easily better than him. Sentimental crap from Ian McCall giving it to the young kid.

4 years of average to poor games since have proven he's not even good enough for THIS hibs side.

Tricla
29-05-2011, 07:12 PM
He was far from man of the match that day, fletch benji brown boozy and whittaker were easily better than him. Sentimental crap from Ian McCall giving it to the young kid.

4 years of average to poor games since have proven he's not even good enough for THIS hibs side.

Have to disagree.

I thought LS was MOTM that day. Never missed a pass or a tackle and was the glue in the middle.

And just a baby too.

Judas Iscariot
29-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Have to disagree.

I thought LS was MOTM that day. Never missed a pass or a tackle and was the glue in the middle.

And just a baby too.

Possibly, but he's been ****ing gash ever since..

Shrekko
29-05-2011, 07:21 PM

I do not believe you are still going on about that one game!!

I want Lewis to do well, I really do, but it's becoming the biggest myth on Hibs.net that the boy hasn't had a chance to prove himself and all these terrible managers have ruined him. He's played over 100 games in 4 years FFS.

The reason he hasn't cemented a place in the team is because he hasn't improved nor done enough on the many occasions he's played.

Good luck to him this season but it's last chance saloon. The sad thing is that I reckon he's quite comfortable being a squad player at Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
29-05-2011, 07:46 PM
I do not believe you are still going on about that one game!!

I want Lewis to do well, I really do, but it's becoming the biggest myth on Hibs.net that the boy hasn't had a chance to prove himself and all these terrible managers have ruined him. He's played over 100 games in 4 years FFS.

The reason he hasn't cemented a place in the team is because he hasn't improved nor done enough on the many occasions he's played.

Good luck to him this season but it's last chance saloon. The sad thing is that I reckon he's quite comfortable being a squad player at Hibs.

Why would any player be happy at being a squad player? For the record Lewis is unhappy at his own form, and wants to be a regular first team pick, I know that for a fact as he told me so......

Shrekko
29-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Why would any player be happy at being a squad player? For the record Lewis is unhappy at his own form, and wants to be a regular first team pick, I know that for a fact as he told me so......

I've not a clue why anyone would be happy being a squad player but many players have been in the past.

If Lewis is determined to make a run at being a first team regular then that's great. A lot of fans are of the opinion that he doesn't do enough to grab his chances with both hands when they come up until now. If that changes- great.

If he admits his form is poor then I'm glad to hear he's being honest with himself. A lot of folk on here are in denial and blame everyone else but LS for his form.

Cocaine&Caviar
29-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Speaking of returns:

Gregorsz Szamotulski got released today :greengrin

The Falcon
29-05-2011, 08:27 PM
EDG is under contract and there is nothing we can do about it so lets give the guy a chance.

hibsbollah
29-05-2011, 08:36 PM
:wink:
Possibly, but he's been ****ing gash ever since..

I think his displays under calderwood have been better than previously-had at least three decent displays i can recall towards the end of the season. We have bigger issues than lewis or not lewis.

spike220
30-05-2011, 07:49 AM
EDG is under contract and there is nothing we can do about it so lets give the guy a chance.

:agree:

offshorehibby
30-05-2011, 09:05 AM
It's a catch 22 situation with LS. From what i saw of his performances tail end of the season he's lost it. He needs game time to hopefully get back to what he thinks is his best. Can we afford to do that.

Jones28
30-05-2011, 10:55 AM

I have to disagree, I thought he was excellent, not taking away from the fact that most of the team were terrific that day. But for a young kid to turn in a performance that good in a big pressure game spoke volumes about him that day, and he deserved MOTM