PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Hamill

leithsansiro
26-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Anyone else hear the radio piece with new Hearts superstar Jamie Hamill - mentions how he spoke to CC about coming to Hibs but opted for Hearts because they are, apparently (and according to the league table) a bigger team.

I'd reckon the real reason is that the debt-filled Yams offered him a bigger pay packet. Anyone think we've missed out on a good 'un?

DAVE1875
26-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Anyone else hear the radio piece with new Hearts superstar Jamie Hamill - mentions how he spoke to CC about coming to Hibs but opted for Hearts because they are, apparently (and according to the league table) a bigger team.

I'd reckon the real reason is that the debt-filled Yams offered him a bigger pay packet. Anyone think we've missed out on a good 'un?

Why would we want that thug? He'll make a perfect pairing with Ian Black over there

3pm
26-05-2011, 05:59 PM
The guy is a decent enough player but Hearts pay more! Easy!

Jones28
26-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Hearts pay more than Hibs, plus Jeffries was his boss at Killie, obviously another incentive.

Westie1875
26-05-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm delighted we haven't signed him, can't stand him.

Greentinted
26-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Another orrator in the Tosh McKinlay mould. No great loss for us; while l reckon Sutton is a decent aquisition, completely unmoved by Hamill's choice to go to the Homeless Hostel.

The Hurricane
26-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Another orrator in the Tosh McKinlay mould. No great loss for us; while l reckon Sutton is a decent aquisition, completely unmoved by Hamill's choice to go to the Homeless Hostel.
Sounded like an illiterate weegie oaf thick as mince no loss there

Ferryhibby
26-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Havent been worried by any of those signings, hammil only playin for killie coz they didnt have anyone else, sutton only lookin good over a few games done nuthin for most of the season or previous seasons, diamond one of the poorest centre halfs ive seen, grainger just a stop gap squad player.

Franck Stanton
26-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Dont understand this fascination with THEM - me ? Only interested in the players HIBS sign. removed the yams, let them sign who they want , don't and never have care.

Wembley67
26-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Hearts are better, stronger team than us that pay more wages. Not hard to work out why players join them over hibs.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Couldn't really care less. Hearts will pay him more.

steviehibsleith
26-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Hearts are better, stronger team than us that pay more wages. Not hard to work out why players join them over hibs.
OK they pay more wages but balls to stronger and better lets be positive on a hibs website theres a new season coming and a new man in charge for his first full season.

Im not delusional and i know wheres teams finished in the league but dont state hearts are better and stronger...

Wembley67
26-05-2011, 07:47 PM
OK they pay more wages but balls to stronger and better lets be positive on a hibs website theres a new season coming and a new man in charge for his first full season.

Im not delusional and i know wheres teams finished in the league but dont state hearts are better and stronger...

Im being a realist though. Nothing to do with not being positive, I think cc will turn things around and get a good squad together.

PeterboroHibee
26-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Theyve just finished 3rd in the league and thus European football, making some decent signings and will offer him silly money. Cant say I really blame him for going there.

HibeeMG
26-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Have you heard THIS (http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_6953217,00.html) big pile of guff!

Obviously and kinda are obviously the kinda, buzzwords of the day.... obviously. :wink:

Alfred E Newman
26-05-2011, 07:55 PM

Like it or not Hearts are a bigger team, debt or no debt. They pay higher wages, get bigger crowds, usually finish above us in the league, rarely lose to us and qualify for Europe more often than us. Its sad but true.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Have you heard THIS (http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_6953217,00.html) big pile of guff!

Obviously and kinda are obviously the kinda, buzzwords of the day.... obviously. :wink:

Hearts a massive club. :hilarious

He's obviously had a kinda look at the accounts but obviously failed to spot the all the minuses.

Not Hibs class.

KeithTheHibby
26-05-2011, 07:59 PM

Clearly endearing himself to the yam grunts with the 'Hearts are bigger than Hibs' pish.

Total walloper, looking forward to giving him dogs abuse next season.

Greentinted
26-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Right we've seen Rab McGlinshy interpreting for the neds but where's the laddie Hammill (http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01074/Marvin_1074509a.jpg)? :greengrin

The Harp
26-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Like it or not Hearts are a bigger team, debt or no debt. They pay higher wages, get bigger crowds, usually finish above us in the league, rarely lose to us and qualify for Europe more often than us. Its sad but true.

Oh dear MB. Looks like the glass isn't half empty ... it's slipped out of yer hand, smashed on the floor and cut yer foot. :eek:
Keep thinking positive! :greengrin

Albion Hibs
26-05-2011, 09:50 PM
He kind of has to say that, not likely to come out and say he is glad to have signed for the smaller debt ridden club to see if he can turn if round for vlad. In any event it is a bit of a desperate plea from someone with little education trying to strike a bond with the hertz fans - some of them will be stupid enough to buy into that, so I guess his job is done.

In any event I think he is pish so not bothered he is off there.

The Harp
26-05-2011, 11:17 PM

Just listened to it. Obviously, kinda, massive! :rolleyes:
Maybe part of his deal wi' the Yams is free enrolment in some classes at Tynecastle High - preferably English language.

KiddA
27-05-2011, 03:56 AM
I am glad we did not sign him :agree: apart from being very similar type of player to Black he has to be one of the ugliest players I have seen since Steve Fulton :jamboak:

Last time I seen a face like that was on a pirates flag :agree:

I am looking forward to the next Derby as he will probably get booked for being ugly :greengrin

Geo_1875
27-05-2011, 05:48 AM

Hertz were better and stronger than us last season. Don't think Hamill, Diamond or Grainger will make them better or stronger. And surely Sutton isn't better or stronger than Kyle. I'd be happy for Hibs to play a Hertz team with all 4 in it. I'm also glad that Hibs have "missed out" on the likes of Hamill. Any player that goes for the big team (big wages?) hype isn't welcome at ER.

Springbank
27-05-2011, 07:17 AM

Hearts are a marginally taller dwarf

That is all.

They are a very small club in the grand scheme of things, never appeared in a European Cup Semi, they don't even hold the record for the largest attendance at a football match in their home city.

I think we should leave size fixations to EH11.

Whichever of Hibs or Hearts is "bigger" it would be like comparing say Palace and Charlton, rather than Arsenal and Brentford. Sadly, for Edinburgh football, that's the rub of it.

HibeeMG
27-05-2011, 07:22 AM

That is all.

They are a very small club in the grand scheme of things, never appeared in a European Cup Semi, they don't even hold the record for the largest attendance at a football match in their home city.

I think we should leave size fixations to EH11.

Whichever of Hibs or Hearts is "bigger" it would be like comparing say Palace and Charlton, rather than Arsenal and Brentford. Sadly, for Edinburgh football, that's the rub of it.

Very well put. :top marks

down the slope
27-05-2011, 07:35 AM
This is the Hamill who along with Kyle only just managed to stay in the SPL with Killie a year ago !. Now if they signed Eremenko that would be different as he was the one who added a bit of class to them last year so not to bothered about Hamill going there . Now if we could add a bit class to what we've got ?.

Hibby D
27-05-2011, 07:47 AM

That is all.

Funny :greengrin but true :top marks

aberhibsfc
27-05-2011, 08:41 AM
This 'bigger club' anthem reminds me a bit about the joke regards two kids trying to pee higher than each other. So Hearts pee'd higher than us last season, but covered themselves in pish doing so.

So Hearts stole a march on the SPL and signed these boys, I doubt anyone else in the SPL will be crying about it. Would we be excited by these signings, especially if this was the push to improve themselves for Europe.

We need to stop giving air time to a sound bite created by a sacked Hearts marketing employee. It suits their egotistical agenda, but we are in danger of spending so much time discussing we turn the fantasy into something of a reality. Hearts are not a bigger team, the arguments they use are fractions not millions in assets or thousands in fans (although they confuse the two). We need to let them get on with it, wee Airdrie Jambo Agrees and co will be loving reading our comments. Don't give them the pleasure.

I appreciate that not much is happening down ER way, but something will be afoot and revealed when concluded. It's difficult enough influencing our own club (apart from Petrie, sign Riordan when he was at Celtc) than debating some Never Will Be's across the road.

Going back to the millions, they are paying higher wages for the likes of Hammil etc, they are millions in debt to a foriegn investor who is prone to irrational moments. I'd be very worried if I were a Jambo sycophantic Lemming. It might not happen in the near future, but one day the over stretching will come home to roost. And it will be a good time to be a Hibby.

easty
27-05-2011, 08:44 AM
I read that Jeffries gave him his debut at Killie, that plus European football and the fact that he'll earn more money at them all means its really no surprise he joined Hearts.

AndersonGGTTH
27-05-2011, 08:47 AM

some people are on the bravado pills.......... how can they words come out a hibees mouth , i still think there as bad as us but silly wages maybe make players more determind..

easty
27-05-2011, 08:52 AM
some people are on the bravado pills.......... how can they words come out a hibees mouth , i still think there as bad as us but silly wages maybe make players more determind..

Nah. When the players are on the park it won't (at least it shouldnt) be in there mindset that they have to be more determined becuase they are paid more. That's ridiculous. Players should want to win everytime and I'm sure, pretty much, all of them do.

AndersonGGTTH
27-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Nah. When the players are on the park it won't (at least it shouldnt) be in there mindset that they have to be more determined becuase they are paid more. That's ridiculous. Players should want to win everytime and I'm sure, pretty much, all of them do.

unfortanetly i seen less than half of the hibs team this season actually looking like they wanted to try never mind win! its depressing stuff:rolleyes:

Hibby D
27-05-2011, 10:28 AM
This 'bigger club' anthem reminds me a bit about the joke regards two kids trying to pee higher than each other. So Hearts pee'd higher than us last season, but covered themselves in pish doing so.

So Hearts stole a march on the SPL and signed these boys, I doubt anyone else in the SPL will be crying about it. Would we be excited by these signings, especially if this was the push to improve themselves for Europe.

We need to stop giving air time to a sound bite created by a sacked Hearts marketing employee. It suits their egotistical agenda, but we are in danger of spending so much time discussing we turn the fantasy into something of a reality. Hearts are not a bigger team, the arguments they use are fractions not millions in assets or thousands in fans (although they confuse the two). We need to let them get on with it, wee Airdrie Jambo Agrees and co will be loving reading our comments. Don't give them the pleasure.

I appreciate that not much is happening down ER way, but something will be afoot and revealed when concluded. It's difficult enough influencing our own club (apart from Petrie, sign Riordan when he was at Celtc) than debating some Never Will Be's across the road.

Going back to the millions, they are paying higher wages for the likes of Hammil etc, they are millions in debt to a foriegn investor who is prone to irrational moments. I'd be very worried if I were a Jambo sycophantic Lemming. It might not happen in the near future, but one day the over stretching will come home to roost. And it will be a good time to be a Hibby.

Every Hibby on .net should be forced to read this first thing in the morning and again before posting on here :aok:

JimBHibees
27-05-2011, 11:04 AM

Bollocks like 2 baldies fighting over a comb re the bigger comment. We are more than capable in competing with them. They had a good season last year but season before that were in bottom 6, with Vlad in charge madness is just over the horizon. They are paying money completely out of their means at the moment hence the mad ones comment about withiout development the club has no future. Chickens and roost come to mind.

Personally as a Hibs fan could never come out with your comments above.

Danderhall Hibs
27-05-2011, 12:36 PM
A newly signed Hearts player saying Hearts are big and massive and mush bigger than Hibs at a press conference is just their equivalent of our newly signed players banging on about how good the training facilities and big new stand are.

erin go bragh
27-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Bigger team my arse , they pay higher wages yes but we have a much better pedigree when it comes to Europe[have hearts ever played in a semi in Europe ?]
In the last 7 seasons we have finnished above them 3 times yet they have spent something like 30m more than us in wages ,whats sad but true is we have cut our cloth and reduced our debt ,finnished our stadium and own our training accademy while they have a stadium [bus shelter] that is falling to bits and makes the old brockville look no bad ,they rent their accademy and are 30 odd million in debt but still paying wages that they cant afford ! i know what situation id rather be in and its ours rather than theirs !
ggtth

Aldo
27-05-2011, 05:33 PM
At the end of the day who gives a flying **** what their 400,000 new signings says. Its what counts on the part.

Yip they were the better team (by a country mile) last season but heay thats in the past. Of course he is going to say that the team he has signed for is bigger than its closest rivals.

They can also pay what they like... from what we have all heard they pay a considerable amount more than us...so what they can only play 11 on the pitch at one time....

O and Mad VLad still waiting for those 2 world class players and champions league.

Bollocks to them thats what I say. I am only concerned at all things Hibs ENDOF.

James70
28-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I reckon that there is a clause in the contract which every new Hearts player signs stating that they must mention at the press conference they signed for Hearts because they are the biggest team in Edinburgh. :greengrin