PDA

View Full Version : NHC Nations Cup

HibeeMG
25-05-2011, 08:41 PM
There's been plenty of goals. Some decent football. Chances for all the teams to blood some younger players in a semi-competitive fixture. The crowds have been a bit disappointing but that'll come in future years.

This could/should have been arranged a long time ago if the respective associations weren't so obsessed with getting Engerlund to play.

LancashireHibby
25-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Think there would definitely be some mileage to trying to spread the games around differing venues - I'm sure two trips to Dublin will have been expensive within a matter of months so maybe an idea to host one round of games in Dublin and the other in Glasgow/Cardiff?

seanraff07
25-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Not getting carried away as we've only beat Northern Ireland and a weak Welsh side, however looking at they performances and against Spain, I've renewed hope that we could clinch 2nd place in our Euro 2012 qualifying group, we must beat Czech Republic though in September :agree:

frazeHFC
25-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Not getting carried away as we've only beat Northern Ireland and a weak Welsh side, however looking at they performances and against Spain, I've renewed hope that we could clinch 2nd place in our Euro 2012 qualifying group, we must beat Czech Republic though in September :agree:

Same with me, very optimistic. I wish the Euro campaign would start again as i think we would have won away at Lithuania and the Czech Republic with this squad rather than the one we started the campaign with.

HibeeMG
25-05-2011, 08:48 PM

I agree to an extent.

I think that Potter is so, so lucky that he's got quite a few players coming through and playing at a decent level outside of the talent-drain that is the SPL.

Even though I don't think he's got the tactical nouse to get the most out of this group of players I hope they'll have enough about them to get them into the playoffs.

bob12345
25-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Great tournament, shocking attendances. Why not just do it with home games played at home?

Zondervan
26-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Remind me, but is this not a Hibs forum?

Admin's - suggest you move this thread, or refer those wanting to post to: http://taboard.com/forum/index.php

Quick, H18SRY or whatever he is called is still on "national service", so he won't even notice.

:cgwa

iwasthere1972
26-05-2011, 12:23 AM

Admin's - suggest you move this thread, or refer those wanting to post to: http://taboard.com/forum/index.php

Quick, H18SRY or whatever he is called is still on "national service", so he won't even notice.

Think you'll find it's

The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general.

:na na:

HibeeMG
26-05-2011, 12:25 AM

Error, this is the Hibs.net main forum. Not for specifically Hibs related posts.

The NHC prefix probably gave it away if the Nations Cup title didn't.

Maybe I can refer you to here (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pedantic) :na na:

iwasthere1972
26-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Great tournament, shocking attendances. Why not just do it with home games played at home?

Fingers crossed that when the tournament is played in Scotland that they opt to play all the games at Easter Road. Would make for a far better atmosphere than Hampden.

pentlando
26-05-2011, 08:17 AM
I think the whole point in playing all the games at the AVIVA is that the hosting of the tournament rotates each year? May be wrong though. I think to combat the poor crowds they should play the 2 games on the one day, with tickets covering both matches. Would also end the problems that Wales have been complaining about as they have to play 2 games in 3 days this year.

Sammy7nil
26-05-2011, 11:44 AM
I think the whole point in playing all the games at the AVIVA is that the hosting of the tournament rotates each year? May be wrong though. I think to combat the poor crowds they should play the 2 games on the one day, with tickets covering both matches. Would also end the problems that Wales have been complaining about as they have to play 2 games in 3 days this year.

Yeah they could play 2 games in one day :wink:

iwasthere1972
26-05-2011, 12:43 PM

If professional footballers aren't capable of playing two matches in three days then they shouldn't be playing at all as far as I'm concerned. Bunch of wimps.

patlowe
26-05-2011, 12:57 PM
If professional footballers aren't capable of playing two matches in three days then they shouldn't be playing at all as far as I'm concerned. Bunch of wimps.

100% agree and I bet it's on the say so of the clubs. It's disgraceful how players and clubs hold so much power over who plays internationally and when. I saw that Mark Wilson, a guy in his mid 20s (who I wouldn't pick anyway), asked Levein to be excused from REPRESENTING HIS COUNTRY as he needed a rest. How many games did he play this season? 30 odd? What a joke!

easty
26-05-2011, 01:09 PM

Yeah they could play 2 games in one day :wink:

The whole home nations tourny should be in one day. Start at 9 in the morning (I start at 9, so why shouldn't footballers :greengrin), it's winner stays on and whoever is winning at 5pm is the winner of the tournament.

Sodje_18
26-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Great idea for a tournament, been run pretty poorly so far though.