PDA

View Full Version : Liam miller

Mark79
25-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Heard from a couple of folk that miller is signing for the **** tomorrow along with taioul? Anyone else heard the same?

3pm
25-05-2011, 08:24 PM
If he does, he does. I wouldn't be breaking the bank for him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Doesn't put me up nor down. With their bigger squad, they can afford to carry passengers and playing one good game every three or four. Whether it is Miller or Deeks leaving or whoever, the tacit point is to get the decks cleared asap and leave maximum time for recruitment of replacements.

hibee92
25-05-2011, 08:34 PM
and i'd heard that he was getting a new deal, looks like a wait-and-see job.

Andy74
25-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Jimmy Scott would eat him for breakfast.

WindyMiller
25-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Heard from a couple of folk that miller is signing for the **** tomorrow along with taioul? Anyone else heard the same?

Good.
£4k per week wasted.

IWasThere2016
25-05-2011, 09:33 PM

:agree:

khib70
25-05-2011, 09:38 PM
If you are seriously suggesting that Jimmy Scott could lace Miller's boots, my worst fears about some Hibs supporters have been realised.

Let's not bother about footballers any more. Let's have "grafters" with "dig" and "passion". In other words, big numpties that run about a lot for no apparent purpose, putting in the occasional studs up lunge to please the non-football section of the support. In other words, Jimmy Scott.

Springbank
25-05-2011, 09:39 PM
I would fully expect him to have a fantastic first 7 games for whoever he signs for.

After that, well, it's up to Liam Miller. He'd be welcome to stay in my book, he actually finished the season quite strongly (shooting boots aside, but at least he was in it to miss it)

QPR and Yogi have both seen the above 7 game hot streak pattern, that's all I'm saying.

Vini1875
25-05-2011, 09:40 PM
There is no doubt that Liam Miller can play, the trouble is he does not do often enough. I think talent saw him rise in his career, where as his lack of consistently has seen him fail. I do wonder if the right manager might be able to coach him along to be truly succesful, but given the number he has worked under it seems unlikely. It's a pity as I really liked him.

007 Mickey Weir
25-05-2011, 09:43 PM
I don't see it. Hearts (or Romanov) is looking for players that have sell on potential. Invest for a season or two then sell on.

Its what we should be doing. IMHO

If Miller goes there I'm not fussed. If he stays thats fine also.

Season ticket is purchased but not feeling any better about next season as I did last. We can't compete with the **** and there fake money. Looks like we can't even compete with Utd!!

GGTTH

macca70
25-05-2011, 09:51 PM
If you are seriously suggesting that Jimmy Scott could lace Miller's boots, my worst fears about some Hibs supporters have been realised.

Let's not bother about footballers any more. Let's have "grafters" with "dig" and "passion". In other words, big numpties that run about a lot for no apparent purpose, putting in the occasional studs up lunge to please the non-football section of the support. In other words, Jimmy Scott.

Have you watched any games this season?

Miller has been rank rotten.

In a season when we needed our 'Big Time Charlies' to stand up and be counted he was posted missing and was a passenger most games. He had a lot more good games than bad games.

Living on a reputation IMO, wouldn't be a great loss.

IWasThere2016
25-05-2011, 09:56 PM

I think the point is one cruncher from Jimmy and Miller will disappear up his ane end.

Jim44
25-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Miller signing for 'them' has been on the cards for weeks now and I think it will go ahead. Despite the nonchalance and indifference by some on this board, I think this will be a major coup for the Jambos and increase their feelgood factor which is overwhelming when compared to ours at the present time. CC and Petrie have to pull the finger out to show they are serious about dragging us out of the mire.

MrSmith
25-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Have you watched any games this season?

Miller has been rank rotten.

In a season when we needed our 'Big Time Charlies' to stand up and be counted he was posted missing and was a passenger most games. He had a lot more good games than bad games.

Living on a reputation IMO, wouldn't be a great loss.

Have to disagree. In all the games I've seen Liam play in, he has been a little engine room! Always available to take the ball or pass but will admit he is a little chicken-hearted in a tackle. However, if he had a midfield general like Dalgleish had Souness, then maybe we would see a different player.`

keep the faith
25-05-2011, 10:17 PM

Great post. If jimmy Scott is considered the future of hibs we are in a bad way. Miller is not perfect. If he was consistent he would not be at Hibs! But with better players around him people will realise what he gives us - quality. For me he is well worth being part of a better hibs side on a sensible and not excessive deal.

Jim44
25-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Great post. If jimmy Scott is considered the future of hibs we are in a bad way. Miller is not perfect. If he was consistent he would not be at Hibs! But with better players around him people will realise what he gives us - quality. For me he is well worth being part of a better hibs side on a sensible and not excessive deal.

:agree: But it's not going to happen,I fear.

ScottB
25-05-2011, 10:52 PM

In principal I agree, but Miller has hardly shown himself to be that type of player on anything like a regular enough basis to justify his cost to us.

sesoim
25-05-2011, 11:23 PM

Ideally, I'd like us to have skilled grafters. Unfortunately we don't seem to have had many players that tick both boxes lately.

The Tubs
26-05-2011, 12:21 AM
To me the quality of fitba'lers is a bit like art: I don't know much about it but I know what I like.

Neither Miller nor Scott seem to be the solution in my opinion; I'll be happy when we bring through a player who combines the positive qualities of both. Or have a manager who can make each player realise what they need to be.

Gala Foxes
26-05-2011, 04:51 AM
no loss for us and no gain for them so don't care either way

flash
26-05-2011, 07:08 AM
FFS how many pastings is Liam Miller gonna get on here from his own fans because people who know nothing make up stories about him?

marinello59
26-05-2011, 07:16 AM
FFS how many pastings is Liam Miller gonna get on here from his own fans because people who know nothing make up stories about him?

If he reads the messageboards who could blame him if he wanted to get away from Hibs.

lucky
26-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Miller is the best footballer at ER. He just does not show it enough. But come on let's be real losing anything to them hurts. It's called rivalry. FJK is master at it and we constantly roll over to them until there arrogance gets to much and we give them a 0-7 or 6-2 hammering

Craig_in_Prague
26-05-2011, 07:32 AM
I'd be gutted if he joins them; and I really hope he signs a new deal for Hibs.

I'm aware he's been inconsistent, but he is still a good player, doesn't panic on the ball and I think fans expectations have been too high given his name.

Just an opinion, but I hope he stays and the thought of seeing him in a maroon top is sickly.

to me, it seems if Deek and Miller joined them no-one would care.

I'm beginning to wonder who the hell fans are expecting to be coming in the way.......

Thecat23
26-05-2011, 07:58 AM

I'm aware he's been inconsistent, but he is still a good player, doesn't panic on the ball and I think fans expectations have been too high given his name.

Just an opinion, but I hope he stays and the thought of seeing him in a maroon top is sickly.

I'm beginning to wonder who the hell fans are expecting to be coming in the way.......

Spot on mate, exactly how i feel. He is a cracking player and if in a better midfield he would shine, so i hope Hibs sign him up again soon.

RIP
26-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Players like Stokes, Miller and Riordan define the Hibs I like

Inconsistent, possible issues about lifestyle, fitness or attitude but classy players who can do things the average SPL player can't do

I don't dream of a team of Jimmy Scott's!! That simply puts us in the same boat as the Falkirk's, St Johnstone's, Dundee's and St Mirren's - dull, hard-tackling football fare with no flair, poor entertainment value and low crowds

Andy74
26-05-2011, 08:17 AM

I like Miller and would want him to stay, and he is far better footballer than Scott if he is playing well, my comment was only if we played each other with Miller for them, a player like Scott would be able to snuff Miller out in no time because that is what has hsppened every time Miller has played anyone with a physical presence.

Andy74
26-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Players like Stokes, Miller and Riordan define the Hibs I like

Inconsistent, possible issues about lifestyle, fitness or attitude but classy players who can do things the average SPL player can't do

I don't dream of a team of Jimmy Scott's!! That simply puts us in the same boat as the Falkirk's, St Johnstone's, Dundee's and St Mirren's - dull, hard-tackling football fare with no flair, poor entertainment value and low crowds

Me too but I'm getting slightly bored of our teams of footballers doing absolutely nothing. We need a better mix.

Stevie Reid
26-05-2011, 08:38 AM
To all those who are going over the top about Liam Miller's value to Hibs I ask - how many match winning performances has he put in for us in the last 2 seasons? Sure he is a very skillful player and shows some lovely touches (and can take a penalty), but when is there an end product that really changes things for us, when does he ever take a game by the scruff of the neck? I believe that he was excellent in the 3-0 win at Ibrox last season, other than that I cannot think of anything.

In an ideal world we would keep him on a lesser deal and see if he could finally start to show what he has in his locker on a regular basis, but he is on too much money to justify another deal at the same wage - in short, as a top earner, he is getting far more from Hibs than we are from him.

I believe the talk of him improving if he had better players around him as a defence for his performances is nonsense IMO - sure he may perform better, but if he can't stand out in a midfield as poor as ours has been for the last 15 months then there really is something wrong. If good players could only perform with good players around them then lower league players would never be scouted and signed.

I was unbelievably excited when we signed Liam Miller but it has quickly emerged why a guy who was on £40K a week at Man Utd 3 years previously had signed for us. Man Utd, Leeds, Sunderland, QPR, Hibs - rather than find his level with us, his career is on a downwards trajectory. We can do better for the money, and we quite simply have to do better for the money if we are going to improve.

IWasThere2016
26-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Miller is the best footballer at ER. He just does not show it enough. But come on let's be real losing anything to them hurts. It's called rivalry. FJK is master at it and we constantly roll over to them until there arrogance gets to much and we give them a 0-7 or 6-2 hammering

I like Miller and would want him to stay, and he is far better footballer than Scott if he is playing well, my comment was only if we played each other with Miller for them, a player like Scott would be able to snuff Miller out in no time because that is what has hsppened every time Miller has played anyone with a physical presence.

Me too but I'm getting slightly bored of our teams of footballers doing absolutely nothing. We need a better mix.

All this :agree:

soproni1
26-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Have to disagree. In all the games I've seen Liam play in, he has been a little engine room! Always available to take the ball or pass but will admit he is a little chicken-hearted in a tackle. However, if he had a midfield general like Dalgleish had Souness, then maybe we would see a different player.`

100% agree

I think people seem to forget he played the first half of this season along with Rankin de Graaf, McBride etc.. Once Calderwood got some kind of decent player in there beside him he looked good, None more so in the last game against them. with the squad we have just now, IMO it would be a big loss unless we bring in another player of his quality

Stevie Reid
26-05-2011, 08:48 AM
100% agree

I think people seem to forget he played the first half of this season along with Rankin de Graaf, McBride etc.. Once Calderwood got some kind of decent player in there beside him he looked good, None more so in the last game against them. with the squad we have just now, IMO it would be a big loss unless we bring in another player of his quality

In the last game against Hearts they had ten men for an entire half, he was anonymous up until they went down to ten - and the Hearts midfield was hardly at it's strongest that day. He's fine when he has the luxury of time and space, he also showed that against Hamilton when they were sitting back and defending a lead, and against Aberdeen on Halloween 2009 when they were down to 9 men. I might add that out of those 3 matches, we won one of them.

In 11 v 11 games he slows the game down too much - this can be to our advantage when defending a lead but is mostly very much to our detriment. We need a more dynamic playmaker than Miller to overcome opposition midfields in the SPL.

Aldo
26-05-2011, 08:52 AM
If Miller played to his potential he would be nowhere near ER...however other managers have seen this and as already posted he plays out of his skin for say 7 to 10 games then disappears.

on his game Yes i would agree he is the best football player at ER however when he doesnt he is one of the worst.

The the worst has been shown for most of the season. I want guys in the team that will fight for each othher.

We have a guy called Matt Thornhill at ER who will , once fit hopefully show his full potential. Not as skillfull as Miller but has a better all round game IMHO.

Beefster
26-05-2011, 08:54 AM
So has he signed for them yet?

Big90inOz
26-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Who cares :devil:

Judas Iscariot
26-05-2011, 09:28 AM

Pity Miller would rip the pish out of him on a football park though..

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2011, 09:33 AM
I think some folk would rather we had a team full of Rankin Murrays and Nish's? We cant afford the real quality thats out there, so have to pick up flawed quality players. We could fill the side with the kind of players mentioned above, but they would moan we dont create anything, or the football was turgid to watch?

Miller has ability, he does need to show it more, but this fixation of getting rid of any type of ability we DO have is baffling? Our donkeys who are supposed to to the graft then give the ball to those who can play, are just not good enough. Murray, cant run, has no pace and when he does eventually get on the ball has the ability of a sloth. Ed De Graff another useless waste of space, Rankin just cant pass very well, he can pass it hard though, very hard.

The new lads were marginally better, thornhill never played much, but Miller did play better since they came.

If he's replaced by someone better then fine, but if its just to bring in Stevenson or Murray or someone of that ilk, then we are going backwards imo.

The players that need replaced are those fringe players who weaken us drastically when they set foot on the pitch.

Stevie Reid
26-05-2011, 10:17 AM
I think some folk would rather we had a team full of Rankin Murrays and Nish's? We cant afford the real quality thats out there, so have to pick up flawed quality players. We could fill the side with the kind of players mentioned above, but they would moan we dont create anything, or the football was turgid to watch?

Miller has ability, he does need to show it more, but this fixation of getting rid of any type of ability we DO have is baffling? Our donkeys who are supposed to to the graft then give the ball to those who can play, are just not good enough. Murray, cant run, has no pace and when he does eventually get on the ball has the ability of a sloth. Ed De Graff another useless waste of space, Rankin just cant pass very well, he can pass it hard though, very hard.

The new lads were marginally better, thornhill never played much, but Miller did play better since they came.

If he's replaced by someone better then fine, but if its just to bring in Stevenson or Murray or someone of that ilk, then we are going backwards imo.

The players that need replaced are those fringe players who weaken us drastically when they set foot on the pitch.

I haven't seen anyone suggest that we put Stevenson or Murray in Miller's position in the team, and given that neither player has ever been a playmaker, why would they? I know that you're not a fan of either player, you certainly see enough of Hibs to be perfectly entitled to any opinion that you have - but to have a pop at the two of them on this thread is a bit unnecessary IMO.

People on this thread have stated that Miller would perform better with better players around him - you have alluded to it yourself in your post - but if this was to be true, should players like Murray and Stevenson (I like both but they are obviously far less skilled than Miller) not have benefitted from having a better player like Miller around them? Judging by your opinion on their value to Hibs, that argument doesn't work out.

I want Miller replaced by a better, more dynamic playmaker, and I have absolutely no doubt that we can do better for the money that we are paying - a younger, hungrier, up and coming attacking midfielder who will play well 75% of the time and win a good share of matches for us is perfectly possible on our top wage; we just have to find him.

I'll ask you like I have asked others - how many match winning performances has Miller given us since his arrival? The SPL is full of hammer throwers who can stop the opposition playing, and sadly Miller is proof of that as he is easily snuffed out. Since we can't afford to do both, if we are to improve we need our best players to be better, not improve the supporting cast and hope that Miller will miraculously begin to offer what he has failed to do in the last 2 years. Our top striker needs to do better than Riordan did last season, and our top playmaker has to do better than Miller has done in the last 2 years.

Andy74
26-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Pity Miller would rip the pish out of him on a football park though..

Looking forward to him doing that to someone one day.

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2011, 10:35 AM
I haven't seen anyone suggest that we put Stevenson or Murray in Miller's position in the team, and given that neither player has ever been a playmaker, why would they? I know that you're not a fan of either player, you certainly see enough of Hibs to be perfectly entitled to any opinion that you have - but to have a pop at the two of them on this thread is a bit unnecessary IMO.

People on this thread have stated that Miller would perform better with better players around him - you have alluded to it yourself in your post - but if this was to be true, should players like Murray and Stevenson (I like both but they are obviously far less skilled than Miller) not have benefitted from having a better player like Miller around them? Judging by your opinion on their value to Hibs, that argument doesn't work out.

I want Miller replaced by a better, more dynamic playmaker, and I have absolutely no doubt that we can do better for the money that we are paying - a younger, hungrier, up and coming attacking midfielder who will play well 75% of the time and win a good share of matches for us is perfectly possible on our top wage; we just have to find him.

I'll ask you like I have asked others - how many match winning performances has Miller given us since his arrival? The SPL is full of hammer throwers who can stop the opposition playing, and sadly Miller is proof of that as he is easily snuffed out. Since we can't afford to do both, if we are to improve we need our best players to be better, not improve the supporting cast and hope that Miller will miraculously begin to offer what he has failed to do in the last 2 years. Our top striker needs to do better than Riordan did last season, and our top playmaker has to do better than Miller has done in the last 2 years.

I think we'd all like that, in fact we'd all like each and every one of those wasters replaced with a better version. Little Jody Morris used to do it for St Johnstone, and he'd be on less than Miller. The players are out there, its up to the manager to find them, but they will be flawed players who have fallen from grace for one reason or another.

If its not that type, then it is your Murrays or your Stevensons or god forbid your De Graff types we will get. The more dynamic more aggressive better midfielders cost money, more than i think we can afford.

If we can get the balance right, i think Miller can be good for us, but those who will partner him in that midfield also have to be able to tackle and pass the ball well. We have not got that yet imo.

Stevie Reid
26-05-2011, 10:46 AM
I think we'd all like that, in fact we'd all like each and every one of those wasters replaced with a better version. Little Jody Morris used to do it for St Johnstone, and he'd be on less than Miller. The players are out there, its up to the manager to find them, but they will be flawed players who have fallen from grace for one reason or another.

If its not that type, then it is your Murrays or your Stevensons or god forbid your De Graff types we will get. The more dynamic more aggressive better midfielders cost money, more than i think we can afford.

If we can get the balance right, i think Miller can be good for us, but those who will partner him in that midfield also have to be able to tackle and pass the ball well. We have not got that yet imo.

Fair enough. Though early praise for him was ridiculously over the top, if Palsson can get his head together I think that he can be an important player for us and I have hopes for Thornhill - I believe that a better playmaker would have a bigger overall effect on the team than keeping Miller and putting another two in there, but I appreciate that that is simply my opinion and nothing more than conjecture. I do believe however that quality players bring out the best in players around them, rather than allowing themselves to be dragged down.

Jody Morris is a great example of what's out there, and I do appreciate that players of the ilk will always have baggage of some description - hence why I would prefer us to get an up and coming type player who can eventually play at a higher level. Guys like Colin Cameron, Margaro Gomis, Danny Swanson or Craig Bryson were all signed from the lower leagues.

I note that no one has yet answered my question (asked twice) about match winning performances from Liam Miller - people state that we are mad if we want shot of him; I reckon we're mad if we believe that we can afford to pay a top earner without expecting anything tangible in return.

Aldo
26-05-2011, 11:00 AM
There are guys in the lower leagues of English football and I include the top conference league, that can play a bit but are rough diamonds...for every good or half decent player these are 50 that are crap (maybe even more).

Hibs as a team would struggle in the championship and maybe even in League 1 cos they might no play a lot of football in the lower leagues but most of the teams are organised and have a very good spine down the middle of the team.

We need to install that and I think BH is right...Jody Morris is a prime example for me an excellent player who gives his all and can play a bit....he plays for Perth Saints who are not a huge team.....Duberry as well both have no bad pedigrees yet they seem to be doing ok.

Like I have said Miller has an excellent pedigreee....Smellic, Man Ure, Mackems, etc but he has been ditched cos he cannot sustain his form.

If a player Like Miller cannot shine in the SPL then wots the game coming to.

I would keep the Miller that puts in an excellent performance (only a handful this season) but on the remainder i would get rid and bring in someone else who is willing to show for the team and not hide when things go wrong.

ancient hibee
26-05-2011, 11:32 AM
When he froze on the sitter in the first minute against Aberdeen it just summed him up for me-good it patches-made the run couldn't finish the job.

Seveno
26-05-2011, 11:39 AM
To all those who are going over the top about Liam Miller's value to Hibs I ask - how many match winning performances has he put in for us in the last 2 seasons? Sure he is a very skillful player and shows some lovely touches (and can take a penalty), but when is there an end product that really changes things for us, when does he ever take a game by the scruff of the neck? I believe that he was excellent in the 3-0 win at Ibrox last season, other than that I cannot think of anything.

In an ideal world we would keep him on a lesser deal and see if he could finally start to show what he has in his locker on a regular basis, but he is on too much money to justify another deal at the same wage - in short, as a top earner, he is getting far more from Hibs than we are from him.

I believe the talk of him improving if he had better players around him as a defence for his performances is nonsense IMO - sure he may perform better, but if he can't stand out in a midfield as poor as ours has been for the last 15 months then there really is something wrong. If good players could only perform with good players around them then lower league players would never be scouted and signed.

I was unbelievably excited when we signed Liam Miller but it has quickly emerged why a guy who was on £40K a week at Man Utd 3 years previously had signed for us. Man Utd, Leeds, Sunderland, QPR, Hibs - rather than find his level with us, his career is on a downwards trajectory. We can do better for the money, and we quite simply have to do better for the money if we are going to improve.

Spot on. I don't understand why sum people panic at the potential loss of one of our few 'quality' players. There are plenty quality players out there and lots that will give better value for money.

GREEN WARLORD
26-05-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't see it. Hearts (or Romanov) is looking for players that have sell on potential. Invest for a season or two then sell on.

Its what we should be doing. IMHO

If Miller goes there I'm not fussed. If he stays thats fine also.

Season ticket is purchased but not feeling any better about next season as I did last. We can't compete with the **** and there fake money. Looks like we can't even compete with Utd!!

GGTTH

Strongly disagree with the bit in bold. We've been doing that for the past five years and now that the stadium is complete, it's time to put a product on the park and get bums on seats.

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Spot on. I don't understand why sum people panic at the potential loss of one of our few 'quality' players. There are plenty quality players out there and lots that will give better value for money.

I'm certainly not panicking, in fact i dont know anyone who is?

3pm
26-05-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm certainly not panicking, in fact i dont know anyone who is?

If anyone is worried, they can express their views through a survey. All big companies use them. :agree:

duffers
26-05-2011, 12:04 PM

:top marks

I really like Miller, I think he is one of the few creative players we have. And as you said, if he played to his best ability every week, he wouldnt be at Hibs.

Stevie Reid
26-05-2011, 12:29 PM
:top marks

I really like Miller, I think he is one of the few creative players we have. And as you said, if he played to his best ability every week, he wouldnt be at Hibs.

I'd much rather he played to the best of his ability every week and ****ed off somewhere else, than listen to poor excuses as to why he's worth another contract after two years of mediocrity. Mediocrity, after all, is what we're supposed to be moving on from.

Yes, he's one of the few creative players we have, so what? It doesn't mean tha the actually creates very much. Get shot of him and bring in someone who actually creates things for us. Since you really like him, maybe you can answer this as it's the last time I'll ask - could you perhaps provide me with a list of some match winning performances that Liam Miller has put in for Hibs?

Baldy Foghorn
26-05-2011, 01:38 PM
I'd much rather he played to the best of his ability every week and ****ed off somewhere else, than listen to poor excuses as to why he's worth another contract after two years of mediocrity. Mediocrity, after all, is what we're supposed to be moving on from.

Yes, he's one of the few creative players we have, so what? It doesn't mean tha the actually creates very much. Get shot of him and bring in someone who actually creates things for us. Since you really like him, maybe you can answer this as it's the last time I'll ask - could you perhaps provide me with a list of some match winning performances that Liam Miller has put in for Hibs?

:top marks:top marks

Can't remember the last good game he had.....Does not do enough on the ball and shirks tackles......Can't understand the hype to keep him ........

Dunbar Hibee
26-05-2011, 02:03 PM
People moan about Riordan not showing enough in games, and having 1 good game in 4-5 maybe even more games. Miller is the worst for this, I have no doubt he has ability but he does not show it enough, would not lose sleep at all if he left...

ScottB
26-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Love how daring to suggest not minding whether Miller, Riordan et all leaves means we automatically want to see 'a team full of Rankins and Nishs.'

Miller is on a top wage, if not the top at the club. Honestly, why are some folk ready to defend the supposedly 'talented' players at the club who have like 1 great game out of 5, but relentlessly slam the 'huddies' who are usually rubbish but have the odd good game? What's the difference? Oh yeah, guys like Miller are paid the most to come in and deliver, at the least more often than not.

Miller is nowhere near consistent enough, and in a physical league like this, more often than not disappears from the game. Saying you want him out doesn't equal wanting to replace him with Rankin et all.

Lofarl
26-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Miller has been pretty much a ever present in the team this season. A team that finished 10th in the league. How many times have people screamed to pretty much the regulars to GTF,or they are all rank.

There are very very few of the players from the Yogi era that i would keep. Millers not one of them.

The Falcon
26-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Can we wait until he's done the deed before we hang him?

It would be nice for a wee change.

Beefster
26-05-2011, 03:28 PM

Indeed. This is reminiscent of the fiasco in January when we booed him based on a rumour that was proven to be nonsense.

Andy74
26-05-2011, 03:36 PM

I haven't seen anything on this thread that is based on him potentially signing for Hearts. It's all been based on whether or not he is value for money enough to re-sign.

Mark79
26-05-2011, 03:49 PM
I started the post to see if anyone else had heard the same. Appears not.

For me if he signed for them then I would hate for fat jim to turn him into the player we always hoped he would be, however if he signed for anyone else and either performed as he has done for us or improved then I really couldn't care less.

Jim44
26-05-2011, 04:25 PM
I started the post to see if anyone else had heard the same. Appears not.

For me if he signed for them then I would hate for fat jim to turn him into the player we always hoped he would be, however if he signed for anyone else and either performed as he has done for us or improved then I really couldn't care less.

We're hearing nothing to suggest he is going to re-sign for us. On the other hand, plenty has been said about his signing for the Jambos. With no apparent interest from down south and their current availability of cash for decent wages, I would have thought a move to Gorgie was a distinct possibility.

Petrie's Tache
26-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Indeed. This is reminiscent of the fiasco in January when we booed him based on a rumour that was proven to be nonsense.

Who is we? Not me for one!

Baldy Foghorn
26-05-2011, 04:42 PM
I haven't seen anything on this thread that is based on him potentially signing for Hearts. It's all been based on whether or not he is value for money enough to re-sign.

Exactly, and based on his performances last season I would say he was not worthy of a new deal, unless on much lesser terns

Kaiser1962
26-05-2011, 04:46 PM

But all the comments were sparked by his "potential" signing for Hearts.

I would be dissapointed to see him go as I believe the midfield next season is more suited to him. But that's just me.

Beefster
26-05-2011, 04:50 PM

Nor I. I was just trying to be honourable and take collective responsibility for some of my fellow Hibs supporters!

fatbloke
26-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Will sign on the dotted line tomorrow for our friends at the Bike Shed.

Jim44
26-05-2011, 10:11 PM

:agree: Miller will be a huge success at Tynie.

RickyS
26-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Exactly, and based on his performances last season I would say he was not worthy of a new deal, unless on much lesser terns:agree:

couldnae put it better myself. whats Mikey Mikey up to these days?

Pedantic_Hibee
26-05-2011, 10:45 PM

Source?

Kaiser1962
26-05-2011, 10:54 PM

You are sure of this? I thought he was supposed to sign today?

basehibby
27-05-2011, 12:20 AM

A big bit harsh on Jimmy Scott there.

But Miller IS a talented player and CC wants him - so I'll be dissapointed if this rumour is true.

joebakerforever
27-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Love how daring to suggest not minding whether Miller, Riordan et all leaves means we automatically want to see 'a team full of Rankins and Nishs.'

Miller is on a top wage, if not the top at the club. Honestly, why are some folk ready to defend the supposedly 'talented' players at the club who have like 1 great game out of 5, but relentlessly slam the 'huddies' who are usually rubbish but have the odd good game? What's the difference? Oh yeah, guys like Miller are paid the most to come in and deliver, at the least more often than not.

Miller is nowhere near consistent enough, and in a physical league like this, more often than not disappears from the game. Saying you want him out doesn't equal wanting to replace him with Rankin et all.

As you are inferring knowledge of the players wage structure, can you enlighten us as to the actual sum you believe Miller receives.

I am unaware of where the actual individual player salaries are published, and I am curious as to how some on here can make assertions like yours.

Perhaps those who examine the annual accounts might be able to detail the total player wage bill (i.e. excluding non-playing staff) last published.

During conversations with some people who claim to be "in the know" at the final game, a proposed maximum salary of £1,800 p.w. for next season was mentioned.

I admit to skepticism that the top individual wage for 2011/12 would be that low for a club of Hibs stature, but maybe you can enlighten us as to what your reliable sources reckon the ceiling will be for next season.

ScottB
27-05-2011, 03:22 AM
As you are inferring knowledge of the players wage structure, can you enlighten us as to the actual sum you believe Miller receives.

I am unaware of where the actual individual player salaries are published, and I am curious as to how some on here can make assertions like yours.

Perhaps those who examine the annual accounts might be able to detail the total player wage bill (i.e. excluding non-playing staff) last published.

During conversations with some people who claim to be "in the know" at the final game, a proposed maximum salary of £1,800 p.w. for next season was mentioned.

I admit to skepticism that the top individual wage for 2011/12 would be that low for a club of Hibs stature, but maybe you can enlighten us as to what your reliable sources reckon the ceiling will be for next season.

I don't need a 'source' to infer that a guy we signed from the Championship will be on a top wage at the club, indeed on here I've seen figures of £3k a week plus bandied about.

Besides, I can't imagine anyone seriously suggesting he isn't near the upper end of our pay scale, given his history and experience.

In any case, if you're defending him, care to answer the actual points I make? Why are we better having a team of supposed 'quality' players who seem to only turn it on once in a blue moon, over a team of 'huddies' who seem just as likely to produce that blue moon performance.

For me, we've been mince because the guys we are supposedly relying on producing some magic; Miller, Deeks et all, are just as bad as the much derided 'huddies' that attract so much scorn. They are just fortunate enough to trade on the memories of when they actually where good. That no bigger club or better league side seems to have taken even the slightest interest in either speaks volumes.

Cropley10
27-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Has Liam Miller signed for Hearts then? Supposed to be today, anyone any idea what the hold up is?

Jim44
27-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Has Liam Miller signed for Hearts then? Supposed to be today, anyone any idea what the hold up is?

I think their wave is still high enough from their recent signings and will be waiting a few days for things to quieten down before announcing the signing of Miller.

silverhibee
27-05-2011, 12:28 PM

It will be less than that. :aok:

Cropley10
27-05-2011, 12:35 PM
It will be less than that [£1,800]. :aok:

:agree: - we need to be paying less than that to balance the books.

Will be interesting to see how we can find the right quality of player to take the team to the top 6 again.

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2011, 12:38 PM

Will be interesting to see how we can find the right quality of player to take the team to the top 6 again.

Motherwell and Kilmarnock managed it easily enough. The right manager should be able to do so with Hibs.

3pm
27-05-2011, 12:41 PM
It will be less than that. :aok:

£1300 basic.

MrSmith
27-05-2011, 12:42 PM

Will not find any quality of player because no quality will want to come to a micky mouse run club!

Way I feel right now, can't help it! This has been going on for over ten years now and it is embarrasing that teams like St. Mirren, Motherwell, Dundee Utd etc. can pay better than us!

No more money will come out of my wallet for Hibs anymore! I am really disappointed with the apathetic, lackluster and bland approach the management have towards putting a team on the field!

Perhaps if there was a bit of excitement created by something (insert hopes and desperation here)... positivity might flourish!

JimBHibees
27-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Motherwell and Kilmarnock managed it easily enough. The right manager should be able to do so with Hibs.

To be fair Killie's main asset was on about 25k a week from his parent club.

Twa Cairpets
27-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Will not find any quality of player because no quality will want to come to a micky mouse run club!

Way I feel right now, can't help it! This has been going on for over ten years now and it is embarrasing that teams like St. Mirren, Motherwell, Dundee Utd etc. can pay better than us!

No more money will come out of my wallet for Hibs anymore! I am really disappointed with the apathetic, lackluster and bland approach the management have towards putting a team on the field!

Perhaps if there was a bit of excitement created by something (insert hopes and desperation here)... positivity might flourish!

Cool. 'Cos that'll help. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2011, 12:48 PM
To be fair Killie's main asset was on about 25k a week from his parent club.

Thats why i said the right manager should be able to do so. Killie pay less than us, and are virtually skint. Getting the right manager in place is crucial. I hope we have the right one.

MrSmith
27-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Cool. 'Cos that'll help. :rolleyes:

It'll definitely help me!

Hibiza
27-05-2011, 01:03 PM
he can gtf.:flag:

MrSmith
27-05-2011, 01:18 PM
he can gtf.:flag:

Who?

joebakerforever
27-05-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't need a 'source' to infer that a guy we signed from the Championship will be on a top wage at the club, indeed on here I've seen figures of £3k a week plus bandied about.

Besides, I can't imagine anyone seriously suggesting he isn't near the upper end of our pay scale, given his history and experience.

In any case, if you're defending him, care to answer the actual points I make? Why are we better having a team of supposed 'quality' players who seem to only turn it on once in a blue moon, over a team of 'huddies' who seem just as likely to produce that blue moon performance.

For me, we've been mince because the guys we are supposedly relying on producing some magic; Miller, Deeks et all, are just as bad as the much derided 'huddies' that attract so much scorn. They are just fortunate enough to trade on the memories of when they actually where good. That no bigger club or better league side seems to have taken even the slightest interest in either speaks volumes.

Nice try at avoiding the question - in other words you are just recycling unsubstantiated gossip and trying to pass it of as fact :wink:

BTW who is defending Miller ? Either you have comprehension difficulties or you are trying to cloudy my original question.

jax67
27-05-2011, 03:58 PM

And in more words Nid, and squiggler, and De squaff, van ztinkin, need i go on?
Its been a long time since we ''bothered'' about footballers at ER. But you are right, i too am sick of seeing charlatans at Hibs, im sure CC is the man to make us a footballing side with a bit of dig as well. Looking forward to seeing what he does in the transfer market.

silverhibee
27-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Thats why i said the right manager should be able to do so. Killie pay less than us, and are virtually skint. Getting the right manager in place is crucial. I hope we have the right one.

Maybe wee should go for Mixu again since it was him that got Killie doing so well in the league. :greengrin

Wee just have to give CC our backing and hope he is the right manager, if not then wee are in big trouble ahead for us, i dont think Hibs can afford to pay off another manager.

Kaiser1962
27-05-2011, 04:06 PM

They dont. Dont think that helps you though :greengrin

ScottB
27-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Nice try at avoiding the question - in other words you are just recycling unsubstantiated gossip and trying to pass it of as fact :wink:

BTW who is defending Miller ? Either you have comprehension difficulties or you are trying to cloudy my original question.

Oh, so logical speculation is out then is it?

Suppose we should just shut the Board down and only allow the few 'in the know' posters to contribute.

Go on then, what is Millers poor lowly wage at the club if he isn't near the top then?

BroxburnHibee
27-05-2011, 04:41 PM

Obviously true then

Obviously gluttons for punishment

All after THIS (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?200356-Liam-Miller-Rumour&highlight=miller) thread was posted just before the new year derby

No, but plenty did and it was shameful.

I congratulate whichever jambo it was that started that one up.

Can't believe that people keep falling for this pish over and over again.

ancient hibee
27-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Think they've lost the pen?

matty_f
27-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Think they've lost the pen?

:tee hee: