PDA

View Full Version : Aren't Hibs Like Well Crap And That?

Speedway
25-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Hibs? they're like..you know crap.

We follow them at a ridiculous £22 quid a time and I was disgusted when Eddie Turnkey's tribute match was like arranged with you know, like Aberdeen and they wanted like another £22 to watch it. I wouldn't have paid £10 (£5 for juniors) to watch that crap.

Colin Calderwood? Crappy Crapwood more like. He's clueless isn't he? . He like, looks for clues but can't find any. Tactically inept and no Plan B, on his Ipod. We should just change the manager all the time, pay loads of compensation and then spend loads of money getting an experienced cup and league winning manager who will work for Hibs, just for the honour of joining the massive club that we are and then spend loads of money and loosen the purse strings to attract the world beaters that are begging to come to Hibs because we're got 11,000 supporters and are massive.

Squad? Squcrap more like. They're all crap aren't they? apart from the couple we like but they'll either fail to fulfill their promise or get sold for nowt so Petrie can line his pockets with the cash earned by the sweat and blood of our working class souls. Passionless, gutless, spineless, talentless, payless, ****less, winless, goaless, bags of CRAP!!

New Players? New Crap more like. Bottom of the barrel, can't find a club, can't find a pass, can't find east mains, last minute bargain basement lower division non Hibs class disgusting, vomit inducing, offense causing, council house dwelling CRAP.

The Board? The Corporate Obligatory Crappy Killjoy Suckers more like. Won't spend money, happy to line their pockets though aren't they? with the blood stained tenners that we earned from selling our mother's tears. We'll see if they're laughing in hell when satan sentences them to an eternity of receiving papercuts on the skin between their fingers by Susan Boyle lookalikes.

Ivan Spoule's back I see. Ivan Spacker more like. Past it, no other offers, headless chicken and lost his pace. Fast? He struggles to keep ahead of the dark cloud of disapproval that follows him down the narrow corridor of supporter opinion. CRAP!!

I ******* HATE HIBS!!!! They've ruined my life. Petrie caused my divorce. STF? STFU more like. Give us some money ya *******. No, didn't think so.

Hibs make me sick and I want everyone to know about it over and over and over and over again. You will listen to my hate.

Erin Go....Back To Your Own Country

Glory Glory.

greenlex
25-05-2011, 06:57 PM
You need a holiday Speeders.:hilarious:

JE89
25-05-2011, 06:58 PM
You sound like you have depression

Liam89
25-05-2011, 07:00 PM
:not worth

HibeeMG
25-05-2011, 07:01 PM
At last! Someone who's optimistic for the coming season! :greengrin

Liam89
25-05-2011, 07:01 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn:

You are such a bore. :rolleyes:

Westie1875
25-05-2011, 07:02 PM
:faf: :greengrin

Kaiser1962
25-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Ah well...thats another good one gone. I dont know how many I've seen go the same way over the years.

It will happen to us all I tell ye....us all!

We follow them at a ridiculous £22 quid a time and I was disgusted when Eddie Turnkey's tribute match was like arranged with you know, like Aberdeen and they wanted like another £22 to watch it. I wouldn't have paid £10 (£5 for juniors) to watch that crap.

Colin Calderwood? Crappy Crapwood more like. He's clueless isn't he? . He like, looks for clues but can't find any. Tactically inept and no Plan B, on his Ipod. We should just change the manager all the time, pay loads of compensation and then spend loads of money getting an experienced cup and league winning manager who will work for Hibs, just for the honour of joining the massive club that we are and then spend loads of money and loosen the purse strings to attract the world beaters that are begging to come to Hibs because we're got 11,000 supporters and are massive.

Squad? Squcrap more like. They're all crap aren't they? apart from the couple we like but they'll either fail to fulfill their promise or get sold for nowt so Petrie can line his pockets with the cash earned by the sweat and blood of our working class souls. Passionless, gutless, spineless, talentless, payless, ****less, winless, goaless, bags of CRAP!!

New Players? New Crap more like. Bottom of the barrel, can't find a club, can't find a pass, can't find east mains, last minute bargain basement lower division non Hibs class disgusting, vomit inducing, offense causing, council house dwelling CRAP.

The Board? The Corporate Obligatory Crappy Killjoy Suckers more like. Won't spend money, happy to line their pockets though aren't they? with the blood stained tenners that we earned from selling our mother's tears. We'll see if they're laughing in hell when satan sentences them to an eternity of receiving papercuts on the skin between their fingers by Susan Boyle lookalikes.

Ivan Spoule's back I see. Ivan Spacker more like. Past it, no other offers, headless chicken and lost his pace. Fast? He struggles to keep ahead of the dark cloud of disapproval that follows him down the narrow corridor of supporter opinion. CRAP!!

I ******* HATE HIBS!!!! They've ruined my life. Petrie caused my divorce. STF? STFU more like. Give us some money ya *******. No, didn't think so.

Hibs make me sick and I want everyone to know about it over and over and over and over again. You will listen to my hate.

Glory Glory.

SRHibs
25-05-2011, 07:05 PM
You are such a bore. :rolleyes:

Well if you say so it must be true! Don't like pun threads, player jokes or sarcastic threads like this. What a boring prick eh!?

The yawn face wasn't because I found it particularly unfunny, it's because the thread was created by the same person who was greeting in the PM section about the forums being rubbish, yet all he contributes himself are sarcastic posts, player name jokes etc etc.

frazeHFC
25-05-2011, 07:05 PM
:top marks

Has the self-harming started yet, or are you still at the depression stage?

Dirkster23
25-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Time to have that break from .net that you were talking about on the PM board Speedway! Your becoming as boring and predictable as the posters you complain about :agree:

Speedway
25-05-2011, 07:12 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Yeah, that's typical isn't it.

You need a holiday Speeders.:hilarious:

No point Lex, it would just be a last minute bargain basement piece of crap. I'm never going back....on holiday.

You sound like you have depression

So would you if you supported Hibs.

Well if you say so it must be true! Don't like pun threads, player jokes or sarcastic threads like this. What a boring prick eh!?

The yawn face wasn't because I found it particularly unfunny, it's because the thread was created by the same person who was greeting in the PM section about the forums being rubbish, yet all he contributes himself are sarcastic posts, player name jokes etc etc.

If you can't beat 'em then...expose their negative spirit and intent for the limiting and suffocating effect it has on the greater populace of this community.

Has the self-harming started yet, or are you still at the depression stage?

Hang on, can't r e a ch t h e k e y b o a r d v er y e a s i l y s t o o d o n t h i s c h a i r, t h e n o o s e i s t o o t i g h t.

Speedway
25-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Time to have that break from .net that you were talking about on the PM board Speedway! Your becoming as boring and predictable as the posters you complain about :agree:

So I'm learning to integrate better then? :thumbsup:

(See, I can find a positive in anything. Can you?)

Mikey
25-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Hibs make me sick and I want everyone to know about it over and over and over and over again.

That sums it up really.

Gatecrasher
25-05-2011, 07:18 PM

Glory Glory.
:tee hee:

JE89
25-05-2011, 07:30 PM
So would you if you supported Hibs.

Indeed. I am just here for the banter. :rolleyes:

Time for that break you proclaimed about I think.

Dirkster23
25-05-2011, 07:31 PM
So I'm learning to integrate better then? :thumbsup:

(See, I can find a positive in anything. Can you?)

Not everyones negative Speedway, a point you seem to miss :agree:

It's starting to look like nothing more than attention seeking on your part- i'll leave you to it.

Speedway
25-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Indeed. I am just here for the banter. :rolleyes:

Time for that break you proclaimed about I think.

You're just here for the banter? Why? There's no banter on here, believe me.

Speedway
25-05-2011, 07:34 PM

It's starting to look like nothing more than attention seeking on your part- i'll leave you to it.

Dirk if I was attention seeking, I'd complain about Hibs outright without the smug, disapproving, mocking undercurrent.

Either that or claim that Maka and Hogg should be in the hall of fame.

By the way, if you count up all the threads about Hibs on the first page of the main board, how many are extolling uplifting outlooks on our fortunes and how many degenerate into uneducated and sometimes baseless compaints about some area of the club.

When you've counted them up, let me know the score, I'm genuinely interested.

Spike Mandela
25-05-2011, 07:35 PM
:crazy::wtf:

SRHibs
25-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Dirk if I was attention seeking, I'd complain about Hibs outright without the smug, disapproving, mocking undercurrent.

Remember, your issue on the main forum is with 'mental *******s'. What makes you think that these types will detect your 'smug, mocking undercurrent'? Maybe you should air your feelings more bluntly for us. :wink:

Speedway
25-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Remember, your issue on the main forum is with 'mental *******s'. What makes you think that these types will detect your 'smug, mocking undercurrent'? Maybe you should air your feelings more bluntly for us. :wink:

:agree:

Good point, well spotted.

Maybe I should launch a takeover bid for .net and turn it into a dictatorship.

Then there'd only be one admin pr1ck to undervalue.

Hiber-nation
25-05-2011, 07:42 PM

Glory Glory.

Nope, not funny.

Speedway
25-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Nope, not funny.

Who said it was supposed to be funny?

JE89
25-05-2011, 07:50 PM
You're just here for the banter? Why? There's no banter on here, believe me.

It was sarcasm

Hiber-nation
25-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Who said it was supposed to be funny?

I totally see where you're coming from but I had assumed it was meant to be funny but I don't think it is. People are just not going to be positive after one of the worst seasons in our history!!

KeithTheHibby
25-05-2011, 07:53 PM

By the way, if you count up all the threads about Hibs on the first page of the main board, how many are extolling uplifting outlooks on our fortunes and how many degenerate into uneducated and sometimes baseless compaints about some area of the club.

When you've counted them up, let me know the score, I'm genuinely interested.

KeithTheHibby likes this post.

Speedway
25-05-2011, 08:21 PM
It was sarcasm

Noooooooo. Was it?

I totally see where you're coming from but I had assumed it was meant to be funny but I don't think it is. People are just not going to be positive after one of the worst seasons in our history!!

It's definitely not meant to be funny. It is meant to parody the pathetic and prevailing nature and tone of our messageboard however.

I think it is very important to understand what we're doing here. People posting a complaint on a messageboard is insignificant in itself but when it is so commonplace that we have a reputation inside and outside the board for being miserable ***** it spreads like a disease and infects others.

Hibernian have been in existence for what, 136 years? and have won nothing in that time, generally speaking. We are not a big club. Some say we're a big club in Scotland which is akin to saying we're one of the world's tallest midgets.

In any societal structure, orgainsation, community or business - sustained negativity spreads and guarantees only one outcome - defeat.

The power of accepting the reality of how poor we are but then choosing to identify, focus and throw our support behind any sort of green shoot we can find has a similar effect, of an opposite and upward spiralling nature.

The club's marketing rhetoric is actually factually correct. We are stronger together, we are a family but we are a family that hate certain members and honestly, cynics and skeptics contribute nothing of value to this club.

I've sat in AGMs with people who throw an ill thought out criticism at a club official and get profoundly exposed for knowing ---- all about what they are talking about. That's not to say that club officials are beyond reproach, but when the naysayers are comprehensively disproven and just choose to repeat their gripe over and over again...they will not be educated and the club will be held back to a small degree by that person not buying in to the strategy for development of the club.

I've sat in the west, the south, the FF and stood in the east as overweight buffoons hurl abuse without being willing to credit the same player for their successes. Often they don't even correctly identify the player they wish to negatively influence. Passion and exasperation in supporting the team, sure. Unchecked idiocy? keep your money in your pocket - turn around and go home.

When Mowbray was appointed, there was huge disappointment on here because no-one knew enough about him to criticise his appointent. The only true dissenter pointed out how poor he was for England (confusing him with Stuart Ripley)

I've played football at a non-league level. I know what it is to mingle with fans and sense a buzz, even when all those fans have known is mediocrity or worse, its in their DNA to 'support'.

I have known the difference in how I have felt to be encouraged by the fans who pay their money and also be ridiculed by the fans. It translates into performances believe me. Hibs 12th man should be applauded for bringing pre 2001 atmospheres back to ER but it shouldn't be necessary. We are 'supporters' that is our one base responsibility.

As I type this, I am fully aware of the futility of this post but I refuse to have the negative tone be the prevailing tone of an online community I have belonged to since the late 90's.

People who think that repeated negativity on here has no ripple effect to the club as a whole are not thinking things through and investigating their own behaviours.

I am sick of those who play their part...in holding the club back and while I know we are a small club and will likely win little if anything in the foreseeable future, I can dream, I can hope and I can choose to support..with my eyes wide open to the realities without having to piss and moan about them constantly.

Let's come together focussing on the future not the pasture.

Greentinted
25-05-2011, 08:29 PM
I reckon I'm in the middle between grumpy and glad and I quite enjoyed the OP in the spirit (I think) it was intended.
Wee bitty a giggle never hurt anyone...:greengrin

Gatecrasher
25-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Noooooooo. Was it?

It's definitely not meant to be funny. It is meant to parody the pathetic and prevailing nature and tone of our messageboard however.

I think it is very important to understand what we're doing here. People posting a complaint on a messageboard is insignificant in itself but when it is so commonplace that we have a reputation inside and outside the board for being miserable ***** it spreads like a disease and infects others.

Hibernian have been in existence for what, 136 years? and have won nothing in that time, generally speaking. We are not a big club. Some say we're a big club in Scotland which is akin to saying we're one of the world's tallest midgets.

In any societal structure, orgainsation, community or business - sustained negativity spreads and guarantees only one outcome - defeat.

The power of accepting the reality of how poor we are but then choosing to identify, focus and throw our support behind any sort of green shoot we can find has a similar effect, of an opposite and upward spiralling nature.

The club's marketing rhetoric is actually factually correct. We are stronger together, we are a family but we are a family that hate certain members and honestly, cynics and skeptics contribute nothing of value to this club.

I've sat in AGMs with people who throw an ill thought out criticism at a club official and get profoundly exposed for knowing ---- all about what they are talking about. That's not to say that club officials are beyond reproach, but when the naysayers are comprehensively disproven and just choose to repeat their gripe over and over again...they will not be educated and the club will be held back to a small degree by that person not buying in to the strategy for development of the club.

I've sat in the west, the south, the FF and stood in the east as overweight buffoons hurl abuse without being willing to credit the same player for their successes. Often they don't even correctly identify the player they wish to negatively influence. Passion and exasperation in supporting the team, sure. Unchecked idiocy? keep your money in your pocket - turn around and go home.

When Mowbray was appointed, there was huge disappointment on here because no-one knew enough about him to criticise his appointent. The only true dissenter pointed out how poor he was for England (confusing him with Stuart Ripley)

I've played football at a non-league level. I know what it is to mingle with fans and sense a buzz, even when all those fans have known is mediocrity or worse, its in their DNA to 'support'.

I have known the difference in how I have felt to be encouraged by the fans who pay their money and also be ridiculed by the fans. It translates into performances believe me. Hibs 12th man should be applauded for bringing pre 2001 atmospheres back to ER but it shouldn't be necessary. We are 'supporters' that is our one base responsibility.

As I type this, I am fully aware of the futility of this post but I refuse to have the negative tone be the prevailing tone of an online community I have belonged to since the late 90's.

People who think that repeated negativity on here has no ripple effect to the club as a whole are not thinking things through and investigating their own behaviours.

I am sick of those who play their part...in holding the club back and while I know we are a small club and will likely win little if anything in the foreseeable future, I can dream, I can hope and I can choose to support..with my eyes wide open to the realities without having to piss and moan about them constantly.

Fantastic post :top marks

grantonhibee
25-05-2011, 08:48 PM
phone dear andy on the radio and have a cup of tea

marinello59
25-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Noooooooo. Was it?

THIS should have been your opening post.
Well said, plenty of others feel like you.

Kaiser1962
25-05-2011, 08:56 PM
THIS should have been your opening post.
Well said, plenty of others feel like you.

I liked both of them :greengrin

Andy74
25-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Noooooooo. Was it?

I've been wondering where you've been going with certain things recently but this captures things nicely.

I like the comment about people being ripped by club officials about certain things. I wish there were more opportunities for the board or coaching staff to deal directly with comments. Most wouldn't last two minutes against it.

sevenzero
25-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Great post speedway , i never post on here just mainly read but your post is soo true !!!!

Viva_Palmeiras
25-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Noooooooo. Was it?

Nail on head speeds.

Whilst some folks might see the message boards as a place to vent and God knows I've had my moments negativity seems to pervade the boards. At times it appears as every green shoot as Speedway puts it are lined up targeted and systematically destroyed.

Happyclappers V doom and gloomers we're all Hibees I personally dont see much wrong with trying to see the good an positive in things. Sure beats the alternative. But each to their own. I am a bit tired that some threads appear to be folks trying to outdo each other with bringing things down.

How do we expect the players to improve their attitude if theres an ugly atmosphere in the air?

And one final thought. We are where we are. We have constraints thats the reality. Better to support the punt who may be rough diamond or youth we have and make allowances. If not we're really doing the oppositions job for them.

Caversham Green
25-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Noooooooo. Was it?

Just beats the OP for post of the year,

HNA9
25-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Noooooooo. Was it?

A truly magnificent post Speedway :top marks

Spike Mandela
25-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Noooooooo. Was it?

i feel. Your pain and disillusionment but feel you fall in to the trap of mistaking .net for the Hibs community as a whole like many on here do.

I feel the overwhelming negativity or indeed overwhelming positivity sometimes evidenced on .net does not reflect actual reality at games or amongst the Hibs support as a whole. I feel the written press and other media have more influence as do actual Hibs performances.

most of the supporters I know are either not members of .net or if they are post very irregularly. They all love Hibs and experience the inevitable ups and downs like everybody else.

This is ONLY a messageboard don't take it so seriously.

frazeHFC
25-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Great post Speedway. I like how you are moaning about moaners and verbally abusing verbal abusers. ;)

Spike Mandela
25-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Great post Speedway. I like how you are moaning about moaners and verbally abusing verbal abusers. ;)

:take that:faf:

Speedway
25-05-2011, 10:18 PM
i feel. Your pain and disillusionment but feel you fall in to the trap of mistaking .net for the Hibs community as a whole like many on here do.

I feel the overwhelming negativity or indeed overwhelming positivity sometimes evidenced on .net does not reflect actual reality at games or amongst the Hibs support as a whole. I feel the written press and other media have more influence as do actual Hibs performances.

most of the supporters I know are either not members of .net or if they are post very irregularly. They all love Hibs and experience the inevitable ups and downs like everybody else.

This is ONLY a messageboard don't take it so seriously.

Spike, if anyone has been the epitome of not taking .net seriously over the years, I would like to nominate myself for that honour.

There comes a time however, when the repeated loser attitude just gets on my thruppenies.

For me, looking around and listening, this board whilst maybe only representing less than 10% of the support is nevertheless consistent with the vibe of both the east and the west stands this season.

However, I see your point and fair play.

:agree: Subversive or what? :greengrin

MyJo
26-05-2011, 01:16 AM
:applause:

Beefster
26-05-2011, 08:43 AM
What about those of us who back Calderwood to the hilt on here (against the majority view) but think the Board can do much better in certain areas? Am I a 'Doom & Gloomer' or a 'Happy Clapper'? Just so I know.

IWasThere2016
26-05-2011, 08:45 AM
What about those of us who back Calderwood to the hilt on here (against the majority view) but think the Board can do much better in certain areas? Am I a 'Doom & Gloomer' or a 'Happy Clapper'? Just so I know.

Hard lines - you're the same as me! Fickle :wink: :greengrin

Beefster
26-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Hard lines - you're the same as me! Fickle :wink: :greengrin

I prefer pragmatic!

Stevie Reid
26-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Noooooooo. Was it?

Definitely one of the best posts I've read on here.

I'm optimistic by nature and usually feel excited during any close season - the belief that we're gonna sign really good players and improve on the previous season is always there. Although the 3rd payment for next season's ST will be coming off in the next few days, I'm finding it really hard to revert to usual close season mode.

As much as it can be dull and many can go over the top, I can completely understand why so many on here feel like they do towards Hibs at the moment - I can obviously completely understand your exasperation at the amount of negativity on here also. Your points about the size and success of Hibs are also absolutely true, though I can see why the last few years have been a bit different for many people, when taken in context.

The last time there were as many places between us and Hearts in the league, we were relegated - whilst this season didn't quite end in such a disaster, I would argue that many people probably felt more encouraged about the relagated team than they do about this one. It's also hard for many to accept our perfectly reasonable and necessary budget constraints when our neighbours constantly put themselves further and further into debt to make signings and generate excitement around their club. Do we just have to accept it? Yes - Is it hard to accept? Very, very much so.

The global financial situation has also had a huge affect on many people's outlook in the last few years, turn on the news and you could find a thousand reasons to be depressed - your football club is supposed to offer an escape from the pressures and drabness of the real world; sadly in the last few seasons we have been offered very little in the way of things to get excited about, and much of the talk surrounding our club is about economics and financial restraints. Hibs have offered an escape from nothing.

As much as we need it to progress, in this environment I don't blame anyone for not spending money on Hibs - in fact I couldn't offer a single argument why they should (at least one that is likely to encourage them back). We DO have a great infrastructure and ARE on a sound financial footing, and I firmly believe that in the next few years we will truly feel the benefit of that - but just like you are tired of people being negative, many are tired of being asked to be patient year after year, accepting yet another year of transition.

In the meantime, boards like this offer the ideal way for people to vent their anger and frustrations, and that is just another thing that we have to accept. We won a trophy only 4 years ago, but all the hope and optimism that that amazing day offered has disappeared completely - fingers crossed the board and CC can do something over the summer to get things going again.

Cropley10
26-05-2011, 09:46 AM

Agreed

.Sean.
26-05-2011, 10:15 AM
What about those of us who back Calderwood to the hilt on here (against the majority view) but think the Board can do much better in certain areas? Am I a 'Doom & Gloomer' or a 'Happy Clapper'? Just so I know.I'm in the same boat mate. I believe CC is 100% the right man to take us forward, but I also aknowledge changes do indeed need to be made at boardroom level.

number 27
26-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Just another boring "look at me" post in my opinion.

We are crap but that is all we can expect and anyone who complains or demands better deserves only smug contempt from fellow supporters.

In any case it is all our fault for being too stupid and poorly educated, if only more of us could be like the OP: so wise, knowledgable, informed, rational and mature, a true giant among internet pigmies.

Well Speedway, you got what you probably wanted, lots of "post of the year" chat and some serious ego stroking but for me your post was arrogant, divisive and defeatist.

Sammy7nil
26-05-2011, 11:33 AM

Glory Glory.

Well Said

Beefster
26-05-2011, 11:36 AM

We are crap but that is all we can expect and anyone who complains or demands better deserves only smug contempt from fellow supporters.

In any case it is all our fault for being too stupid and poorly educated, if only more of us could be like the OP: so wise, knowledgable, informed, rational and mature, a true giant among internet pigmies.

Well Speedway, you got what you probably wanted, lots of "post of the year" chat and some serious ego stroking but for me your post was arrogant, divisive and defeatist.

I'd like to see some of the folk complaining about the complaining address the points in this post. On the main board.

IWasThere2016
26-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I prefer pragmatic!

We're the Pragmatic Twins :greengrin

johnrebus
26-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Bit deep and meaningless for me, but I'll go with the flow anyway.

Now that we all agree with the OP, where do we go from here? How should we be reacting?

Whats the plan exactly?

I think its time we were told.

:confused:

Speedway
26-05-2011, 02:15 PM

That's fair enough number 27. Do you highlight all posts that you see as being arrogant, divisive and defeatest as being so?

Caversham Green
26-05-2011, 02:19 PM
I can't speak for Speedway, but I'll try to elaborate on my own views.

I log on to Hibs.net for a bit of banter, to get some information about the club I support and for some debate about that club and other football issues. I stopped logging on and posting in January (and no-one even noticed :boo hoo:) because the banter was non-existent, the 'information' was almost always vindictive stories about some aspect of the club and there was no sensible debate to be had. There are many posters whose views I sometimes disagree with but would be happy to debate with because they usually give a reasoned coherent argument. The problem was (and remains) that they were being drowned out by people with nothing to say apart from "we're pish we're gonny get relegated petrie's a tightwad clueless colin we're pish again but deek's alright I'll be even more annoyed when he goes". On the day I decided to quit, every single thread I looked at about any aspect of the club (and a couple that started out as nothing to do with Hibs) ended up as a whinge-fest.

I have nothing at all against negative posters as long as they give a decent argument and take note of counter arguments. That wasn't happening in January and still isn't happening a lot of the time now or when it is its shouted down by the glums. Take a look on the "Yams rocking Scottish football" thread and you'll see someone has already decided that our Summer signings are going to be rubbish (and Petrie's a tightwad of course). It's thoroughly depressing, but there's nothing I can really do about it, so I guess I'm outta here again for another wee while.

Spike Mandela
26-05-2011, 02:34 PM
so I guess I'm outta here again for another wee while.

I hope you will still be available on a consultancy basis when the next financial thread comes up though:wink:

Caversham Green
26-05-2011, 02:43 PM
I hope you will still be available on a consultancy basis when the next financial thread comes up though:wink:

I might be - for a fee.

Spike Mandela
26-05-2011, 02:47 PM
I might be - for a fee.

Sounds like a Yam:greengrin

Caversham Green
26-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Sounds like a Yam:greengrin

I can't think of a witty answer to that so :na na::boo hoo::grr::take that:tsk tsk::asshole: etc.

jabis
26-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Noooooooo. Was it?

well said that man :top marks

patlowe
26-05-2011, 03:02 PM
While I have enjoyed the cut of Speedway's jib in this thread, I have to ask: Are we any more negative than your average collection of football supporters? I also ask genuinely: is this a new phenomenon or has it always been thus?

As far as I'm concerned, in the 12 or so years I've been perusing hibs.net, it's been a mish-mash of negativity and positivity as much as it's been a mixture of intelligence and idiocy. When I am feeling particularly geeky and looking at rival team boards, I am struck by exactly the same thing. Football fans are an odd bunch and frankly, a large proportion are unintelligent or harbour an array of repressed emotions which they use the sport (and messageboards!) to rid themselves of.

Fans are prone to bipolar responses to results and performances so as we're pretty rank just now, I come on here expecting negativity and laugh at how far people take it. I am similarly amazed by how excited we get when things are going well.

While I feel that Speedway is perfectly within his rights to have a go at people deemed to be negative, I'm not sure I entirely agree that this is a problem specific to hibs.net or hibs fans more generally. Look at Darron Gibson and his attempt to engage with social media - he was hounded out by negative Man Utd fans on Twitter within minutes.

I could go further and question whether this an even bigger issue than football itself but I'll leave it there!

number 27
26-05-2011, 03:13 PM
That's fair enough number 27. Do you highlight all posts that you see as being arrogant, divisive and defeatest as being so?

No I don't usually bother.

Plenty of the posters on this thread have reacted with great enthusiasm to your posts. Maybe you could ask them if they are always so gushing when someone implies our fellow supporters are badly educated morons who deserve, or worse, actually cause, a failing team.

Kaiser1962
26-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Genuinely dissapointed to hear this Caversham. You have been at times a voice of sanity in this madhouse of mis-information.

I log on to Hibs.net for a bit of banter, to get some information about the club I support and for some debate about that club and other football issues. I stopped logging on and posting in January (and no-one even noticed :boo hoo:) because the banter was non-existent, the 'information' was almost always vindictive stories about some aspect of the club and there was no sensible debate to be had. There are many posters whose views I sometimes disagree with but would be happy to debate with because they usually give a reasoned coherent argument. The problem was (and remains) that they were being drowned out by people with nothing to say apart from "we're pish we're gonny get relegated petrie's a tightwad clueless colin we're pish again but deek's alright I'll be even more annoyed when he goes". On the day I decided to quit, every single thread I looked at about any aspect of the club (and a couple that started out as nothing to do with Hibs) ended up as a whinge-fest.

I have nothing at all against negative posters as long as they give a decent argument and take note of counter arguments. That wasn't happening in January and still isn't happening a lot of the time now or when it is its shouted down by the glums. Take a look on the "Yams rocking Scottish football" thread and you'll see someone has already decided that our Summer signings are going to be rubbish (and Petrie's a tightwad of course). It's thoroughly depressing, but there's nothing I can really do about it, so I guess I'm outta here again for another wee while.

Speedway
26-05-2011, 04:09 PM
CG, is an extremely sane and level headed poster whose contribution is one I've always enjoyed and whose insight is invaluable when we're trying to make sense of the accounts and their implications.

I agree that his (her?) and other voices of reason are missed in the morass of spraff that is endured on main.

Number 27, would you be in favour of a sub board specifically for those wishing to look at the positives of the club whilst debating the obvious problems that we've got?

Speedway
26-05-2011, 04:11 PM
No I don't usually bother.

Plenty of the posters on this thread have reacted with great enthusiasm to your posts. Maybe you could ask them if they are always so gushing when someone implies our fellow supporters are badly educated morons who deserve, or worse, actually cause, a failing team.

Nobody called them morons and no-one claimed that they cause a failing team.

number 27
26-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Nobody called them morons and no-one claimed that they cause a failing team.

That's why I used the word implied.

Speedway
26-05-2011, 04:22 PM
That's why I used the word implied.

That's alright then.

number 27
26-05-2011, 04:29 PM
CG, is an extremely sane and level headed poster whose contribution is one I've always enjoyed and whose insight is invaluable when we're trying to make sense of the accounts and their implications.

I agree that his (her?) and other voices of reason are missed in the morass of spraff that is endured on main.

Number 27, would you be in favour of a sub board specifically for those wishing to look at the positives of the club whilst debating the obvious problems that we've got?

It would probably go the same way to be honest. Funnily enough I am by no means a "doom and gloomer" but I do feel that frustration is understandable and frankly that your reaction to it is a little disdainful and disrepectful to people who are mostly genuine loyal supporters.

Beefster
26-05-2011, 04:53 PM
So are Sean, TQM and I good or bad? I'm going to need an answer by bedtime because sleepless nights are no fun (unless Mrs B is the reason why they are sleepless).

Luna_Asylum
26-05-2011, 06:07 PM

Good question. I should think neither but these titles are useless anyhow. We need hibs specific ones. The yams have valdsheep and hatkickers which I like so suggestions please and i'm sure a prize can be arranged.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-05-2011, 06:16 PM
i actually agree with a few of the original posters ramblings.:agree:

sahib
26-05-2011, 07:29 PM
It is not the negativity expressed on here that is the problem. It is the dissatisfaction that will see the poor gates at the end of last season continue into the new one. There is no point in blaming people who think the product is crap, the fact is they just do.

Kaiser1962
26-05-2011, 10:42 PM
It is not the negativity expressed on here that is the problem. It is the dissatisfaction that will see the poor gates at the end of last season continue into the new one. There is no point in blaming people who think the product is crap, the fact is they just do.

I think the point is that they ALWAYS do. Its the same stuff, ALWAYS.

new malkyhib
26-05-2011, 10:44 PM

Glory Glory.

Feeling better after that?

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-05-2011, 10:58 PM
There is no point in blaming people who think the product is crap, the fact is IT JUST IS.
Fixed that for you, but, take no pleasure in doing so, its just a mammoth struggle to see where the on field encouragement for next season is.

basehibby
27-05-2011, 12:16 AM

seconded :top marks

sahib
27-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Fixed that for you, but, take no pleasure in doing so, its just a mammoth struggle to see where the on field encouragement for next season is.

Thanks.

I didn't mean to suggest there was anything irrational about that opinion. :greengrin

R'Albin
27-05-2011, 08:45 PM

I can't even be bothered to read that thread tbh.

Noooooooo. Was it?

McSwanky
27-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Wear sunscreen.

ScapeGoat
27-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Wear sunscreen.

Fantastic song! Everybody's free !

sesoim
28-05-2011, 01:20 AM

Yes, but it's a really long post that makes some really important points about how stupid and negative we all are (apart from him) so it must be more intelligent and important than anything the rest of us say.

And did I say it was really long?

marinello59
28-05-2011, 06:44 AM
Yes, but it's a really long post that makes some really important points about how stupid and negative we all are (apart from him) so it must be more intelligent and important than anything the rest of us say.

And did I say it was really long?

I don't think he is saying we are all negative. Maybe his target is just those tedious ******* who are always negative about Hibs no matter what happens. There are some on here like that isn't there?

Mikey
28-05-2011, 08:02 AM
There are some on here like that isn't there?

Not all the time. Some of them were nowhere to be seen in February when the team went on a decent run.

It's a shame they're not so quick to give up hibs.net as they are to give up Hibs.

Pedantic_Hibee
28-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Not all the time. Some of them were nowhere to be seen in February when the team went on a decent run.

It's a shame they're not so quick to give up hibs.net as they are to give up Hibs.

Nail. Head.

It's the internet age though isn't it? As wonderful an invention it is in the sense it opens so many doors to broaden our knowledge and horizons of this big planet (as well as having a plethora of gentlemans websites suitable for a hand shandy), it's also unfortunately used as a vehicle for perennial pessimists to vent their spleen regardless of whether it's justified or not.

Yes, we're having bad times, yes we've just finished off the worst season for a long time, but as you so rightfully point out, where were these fans when the going was good in February?

Oh that's right, we were lucky when we were winning, yet we are just plain ***** when we're losing.

Negativity is a disease, much like positivity is a fever pitch of happiness. Sometimes it's easier to just make throwaway negative comments and pass them off as truth. Yes, you have to dig a little deeper to find positives but it's this lazy attitude that is so prevalent amongst our fans and players.

I don't know what we expect or what we think we should be sometimes. We're a crap team in a crap league that is moderately less crap than the other teams in our league save for the Old Firm (and Hearts at the moment, but then we have no right to compete with a team with a wage bill nearly three times higher than ours....all bought on HP of course).

Point is, just because we have a better stadium, better training facilities and a better quality of player than the rest, it doesn't give us a divine right to finish above them every single season. That's not how football works and thankfully so otherwise we'd turn up to Easter Road on a Saturday afternoon and have the balance sheet read out over the tannoy as opposed to the starting line-up.

Should we have finished higher than we did last season? Yes.
Have we got a better quality of player than most of the teams that finished above us? Yes.
Have we got a sound footing to actually spend more than the teams around us? Yes.
Have we got a manager in place now who has a shedload of nous, common sense, drive and ambition? Yes.
Have we got a board who, amidst the darker times, appear to be standing shoulder to shoulder with him and allow him to reshape the team? Yes.

Rather than put fingers to keys and spout off about how crap we are, lets look ahead. There's no point dwelling on last season anymore, it's gone, it's finished, we can't replay any of the matches or amend the final league placings, it's done, consigned to history so lets put it to bed.

We're in the here and now, we've got a manager who is in the unique position of rebuilding an entire squad, he's got money to spend, he's in the fortunate position of being able to rid this club of the malaise that has spread so fervently and damagingly over the past decade and the signs are good so far in his short tenure (emphasise the short tenure and give the man a f******g chance).

Onwards and upwards, now is not the time to dig out the pitchforks. It's time to show a little patience and let him go about his business quietly and efficiently. Aye, it's a bit frustrating to see the other teams go about their business in a seemingly quicker fashion than us but fortunately the league doesn't start nor end at the end of May. Hell, they're not even due back at training until three weeks on Monday.

I'm all for free speech and all that and everyone is more than entitled to an opinion, but you won't find me complaining should the admins adopt a positive approach and simultaneously delete every negative post from now on.

Confidence spreads, it can run riot and be the catalyst for success, we should try it sometime.

R'Albin
28-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Nail. Head.

It's the internet age though isn't it? As wonderful an invention it is in the sense it opens so many doors to broaden our knowledge and horizons of this big planet (as well as having a plethora of gentlemans websites suitable for a hand shandy), it's also unfortunately used as a vehicle for perennial pessimists to vent their spleen regardless of whether it's justified or not.

Yes, we're having bad times, yes we've just finished off the worst season for a long time, but as you so rightfully point out, where were these fans when the going was good in February?

Oh that's right, we were lucky when we were winning, yet we are just plain ***** when we're losing.

Negativity is a disease, much like positivity is a fever pitch of happiness. Sometimes it's easier to just make throwaway negative comments and pass them off as truth. Yes, you have to dig a little deeper to find positives but it's this lazy attitude that is so prevalent amongst our fans and players.

I don't know what we expect or what we think we should be sometimes. We're a crap team in a crap league that is moderately less crap than the other teams in our league save for the Old Firm (and Hearts at the moment, but then we have no right to compete with a team with a wage bill nearly three times higher than ours....all bought on HP of course).

Point is, just because we have a better stadium, better training facilities and a better quality of player than the rest, it doesn't give us a divine right to finish above them every single season. That's not how football works and thankfully so otherwise we'd turn up to Easter Road on a Saturday afternoon and have the balance sheet read out over the tannoy as opposed to the starting line-up.

Should we have finished higher than we did last season? Yes.
Have we got a better quality of player than most of the teams that finished above us? Yes.
Have we got a sound footing to actually spend more than the teams around us? Yes.
Have we got a manager in place now who has a shedload of nous, common sense, drive and ambition? Yes.
Have we got a board who, amidst the darker times, appear to be standing shoulder to shoulder with him and allow him to reshape the team? Yes.

Rather than put fingers to keys and spout off about how crap we are, lets look ahead. There's no point dwelling on last season anymore, it's gone, it's finished, we can't replay any of the matches or amend the final league placings, it's done, consigned to history so lets put it to bed.

We're in the here and now, we've got a manager who is in the unique position of rebuilding an entire squad, he's got money to spend, he's in the fortunate position of being able to rid this club of the malaise that has spread so fervently and damagingly over the past decade and the signs are good so far in his short tenure (emphasise the short tenure and give the man a f******g chance).

Onwards and upwards, now is not the time to dig out the pitchforks. It's time to show a little patience and let him go about his business quietly and efficiently. Aye, it's a bit frustrating to see the other teams go about their business in a seemingly quicker fashion than us but fortunately the league doesn't start nor end at the end of May. Hell, they're not even due back at training until three weeks on Monday.

I'm all for free speech and all that and everyone is more than entitled to an opinion, but you won't find me complaining should the admins adopt a positive approach and simultaneously delete every negative post from now on.

Confidence spreads, it can run riot and be the catalyst for success, we should try it sometime.

:agree: Another really good post on this thread.

erin go bragh
28-05-2011, 08:48 AM

Glory Glory.
But hibs didnt charge £22 . prices were dropped to £10 and £5 [ why call one of our greats eddie turnkey :confused: ]
ggtth

scoopyboy
28-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Noooooooo. Was it?

I giggled at that bit, not heard it before.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-05-2011, 09:01 AM
"I'm all for free speech and all that and everyone is more than entitled to an opinion, but you won't find me complaining should the admins adopt a positive approach and simultaneously delete every negative post from now on.

Confidence spreads, it can run riot and be the catalyst for success, we should try it sometime."

Not sustainable longterm but wonder if we could try it for just one day ?!

Pedantic_Hibee
28-05-2011, 09:11 AM
"I'm all for free speech and all that and everyone is more than entitled to an opinion, but you won't find me complaining should the admins adopt a positive approach and simultaneously delete every negative post from now on.

Confidence spreads, it can run riot and be the catalyst for success, we should try it sometime."

Not sustainable longterm but wonder if we could try it for just one day ?!

That's a negative post imo :wink:

sahib
28-05-2011, 11:48 AM
That's a negative post imo :wink:

This thread positively drips with rank hypocrisy.

marinello59
28-05-2011, 12:06 PM

Do expand then.

Luna_Asylum
28-05-2011, 12:49 PM

It does. But every dog has its day.

Beefster
28-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I don't think he is saying we are all negative. Maybe his target is just those tedious ******* who are always negative about Hibs no matter what happens. There are some on here like that isn't there?

Maybe Speedway and those who agree with him should have the balls to call out those they are referring to, rather than leave it ambiguous then? You get this every where nowadays - folk making criticisms with wide sweeps of their brush rather than confronting the actual problems. Just a thought.

Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear if backing the manager against the majority but asking for more of the Board in a few areas is acceptable to Speedway and co or not.

marinello59
28-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Maybe Speedway and those who agree with him should have the balls to call out those they are referring to, rather than leave it ambiguous then? You get this every where nowadays - folk making criticisms with wide sweeps of their brush rather than confronting the actual problems. Just a thought.

Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear if backing the manager against the majority but asking for more of the Board in a few areas is acceptable to Speedway and co or not.

Strange question. Surely most of us have concerns about some areas whilst feeling we are getting other things right? Has anybody suggested otherwise?

new malkyhib
28-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Strange question. Surely most of us have concerns about some areas whilst feeling we are getting other things right? Has anybody suggested otherwise?

The OP has in his vanity post has he no?

Beefster
28-05-2011, 01:37 PM

Yes, I think Speedway has.

matty_f
28-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Yes, I think Speedway has.

I don't think he has, to be honest. My interpretation was he was having a go at the people who just relentlessly snipe at the club, no matter the topic. You don't need to name them, you don't need to look far to find them. Personally, I wouldn't say you fall into that category beefster.

I think there are folk who slate the club for not spending but who themselves refuse to spend, those that criticize players for a lack of effort but don't bother going to games. The same people who shout about poor communication then rip to shreds any press release, who at the same time as complaining that we don't sign players early moan that sproule was a step backwards.

Everyone knows that last season was pish, and the end of the season before. Nobody is saying that should be ignored and everyone should be delighted with things, but the almost relentless stifling of anything positive is tiresome and I can understand why people are staying clear of.net just now.

ahibby
28-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Aren't Hibs like well Crap and that? Do all desenters really talk like that? Has it really been so bad on this board that a post like that was called for? I don't want any Hibs fan to expect consistency in our team over seasons that would just be ridiculous! Don't we dare expect quarter finals, or semi finals or finals every year neither should we expect a top six finish consistently. Now those of you who have expected the likes go and stand in a corner until you realise that the Hibs we all know only deserve to have 8.5k supporters or less!

I'm not saying the OP needs justification but I think my post might have given it that.

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Aren't Hibs like well Crap and that? Do all desenters really talk like that? Has it really been so bad on this board that a post like that was called for? I don't want any Hibs fan to expect consistency in our team over seasons that would just be ridiculous! Don't we dare expect quarter finals, or semi finals or finals every year neither should we expect a top six finish consistently. Now those of you who have expected the likes go and stand in a corner until you realise that the Hibs we all know only deserve to have 8.5k supporters or less!

I'm not saying the OP needs justification but I think my post might have given it that.

Why would any supporter say "we are crap"......Doesn't matter how bad things get, you can stick your Barcelonas, Real Madrids, Man u's up your bahookie, Hibs are and always will be the best in the World to me....

ScottB
28-05-2011, 04:42 PM

Why would any supporter say "we are crap"......Doesn't matter how bad things get, you can stick your Barcelonas, Real Madrids, Man u's up your bahookie, Hibs are and always will be the best in the World to me....

I see it more as you have the woman you love, and that's that. Though she may not look like the Megan Foxs and Angelina Jolies, she is the one you love.

:greengrin