PDA

View Full Version : Blackburn Rovers Season Ticket

Gus Fring
25-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Just seen that Blackburn Rovers are doing a season ticket for 225 quid, even then the more expensive ones only just start to reach the prices of ours. I wonder how much of that is down to almost being relegated and how much is the Sky money.

BoltonHibee
25-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Just seen that Blackburn Rovers are doing a season ticket for 225 quid, even then the more expensive ones only just start to reach the prices of ours. I wonder how much of that is down to almost being relegated and how much is the Sky money.

They have shot up in price then, I am sure you could get one last season for £199.00

Scandalous!

DH1875
25-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Prob has everything to do with the sky money. Had this discussion last year and I think that other than the top 5-6 clubs down there you can get a season ticket for the rest for less than at Easter Road.
Crazy thing is you could get a season ticket for Malaga CF for £230. You might think it's only Malaga but when you consider they playing the likes of Real, Barca, Valencia and Atletico etc... We worked it out and the season ticket along with booking 4 return flights over the season cost the same as a ticket for the East :shocked:.

Keith_M
25-05-2011, 05:31 PM
the Blackburn Season Ticket seems to be mentioned quite regularly on here. Maybe we could give it it's own thread marker, like Yams or NHC.

Oh, and to answer the question. Maybe if Hibs got £40 Million per season from Sky, they'd be able to do the same.

LancashireHibby
25-05-2011, 05:58 PM
They have shot up in price then, I am sure you could get one last season for £199.00

Scandalous!

Wigan have put theirs up from £250 to a scandalous £270 as well, and £285 at the Reebok is just too much!!

Barney McGrew
25-05-2011, 06:05 PM
QPR have done the opposite. Their cheapest ticket for a match next season is £47, and seasons have gone up by 40% :shocked:

The Falcon
25-05-2011, 06:07 PM
gate money is not hugely important anymore. TV and corporate sponsorship make up the lion's share.

Kojock
25-05-2011, 06:26 PM
I was in the pound shop the other day and saw Blackburn season tickets for a £1 I thought the robbing b******* then realised they were giving away two for a £1

Jamesie
25-05-2011, 06:39 PM
I appreciate the Sky issue but even still it is quite depressing though when you consider some of the p!sh we'll be subjected to next season while paying almost double the price.

Even the unpleasantries of having the Old Firm visit are no longer compensated by having talent on the scale of the Laudrops and Larssons who would previously entertain and cannot be considered on a par with, say, home games against Arsenal or Manchester United.

heretoday
25-05-2011, 06:53 PM
A lot of the Blackburn prices have to do with competition with the Manchester teams. It's all too easy to head for OT or Eastlands instead of supporting your local club.

I recall when my son was at Lancaster Uni about ten years ago the students were offered cheap match tickets for Blackburn.

It's a constant struggle for them.

magpie1892
25-05-2011, 06:57 PM
gate money is not hugely important anymore. TV and corporate sponsorship make up the lion's share.

Hmm... my season ticket at St James' Park is £504 - and that's not at the upper end by any means, in a stadium that holds 52,000 and gets and average of about 49,000...

StevieC
25-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Hmm... my season ticket at St James' Park is £504 - and that's not at the upper end by any means, in a stadium that holds 52,000 and gets and average of about 49,000...

Mine too. Although Newcastle this season offered a deal to hold the price of the ticket for the next 10 years if you signed up for a direct debit scheme.
Yep, 10 Years!

Caversham Green
25-05-2011, 09:12 PM

Blackburn Rovers income for the 2009-10 season was:

Match day income £6m
Commercial £9m
Broadcasting £43m

Hibs total income for the same season was £7m.

Kaiser1962
26-05-2011, 06:17 AM

Match day income £6m
Commercial £9m
Broadcasting £43m

:agree:

That kindof puts all these spend, spend, spend comments into some sort of perspective. Reality is a bitch!

Caversham Green
26-05-2011, 08:03 AM
:agree:

That kindof puts all these spend, spend, spend comments into some sort of perspective. Reality is a bitch!

:agree: The combined total turnover of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United for the same season was £28m, so Blackburn's broadcasting income can't be far off the total turnover for the entire SPL minus the OF.

Interestingly though, Blackpool's turnover in their promotion year was only £9m. The Championship isn't as rich as many people think until a club gets promoted out of it.

bobbyhibs1983
26-05-2011, 08:17 AM
very inresting.As i have said in previous threads in and around this topic of epl teams/germany and there ticket/st ticket prices and what never seems to be mentioned or understood is how much more exspensive these teams are to run.For example blackburn, i would say there 1st team players would probably(this just a guess) would be on atleast 15 grand a week,

Now just say blackburn had everyone in there first team on 15grand a week and had 20first team players.

15k x 20......thats 300k a week

over a year 52 x 300k .....15million 600k.

Now i under that is a random guess but i reckon there wages and there x,y,z and what not would be more than high and that tv money and stuff would be needed to cover things like wages.

Caversham Green
26-05-2011, 08:25 AM
very inresting.As i have said in previous threads in and around this topic of epl teams/germany and there ticket/st ticket prices and what never seems to be mentioned or understood is how much more exspensive these teams are to run.For example blackburn, i would say there 1st team players would probably(this just a guess) would be on atleast 15 grand a week,

Now just say blackburn had everyone in there first team on 15grand a week and had 20first team players.

15k x 20......thats 300k a week

over a year 52 x 300k .....15million 600k.

Now i under that is a random guess but i reckon there wages and there x,y,z and what not would be more than high and that tv money and stuff would be needed to cover things like wages.

Blackburn's wages bill was £47m and they made a loss of £2m. The point is that they can afford to pay that level of wages because of the TV money rather than from match day income, which is why the SPL can't attract anything other than third-rate players despite charging relatively high ticket prices.

bobbyhibs1983
26-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Blackburn's wages bill was £47m and they made a loss of £2m. The point is that they can afford to pay that level of wages because of the TV money rather than from match day income, which is why the SPL can't attract anything other than third-rate players despite charging relatively high ticket prices.

Nods well thank you for the info ,i honesty did not know the wagebill and stuff.I understand what your saying and all, but i think my point is is an epl club spend huge amounts of there income on high wages then they would not afford these big transfer fees.

Now i wonder if the spl somehow(ye i know its a big if and but) had the same amount of tv money the epl have, would the spl clubs be better?, better as in better players, better footie etc

green&left
26-05-2011, 09:05 AM
:agree: The combined total turnover of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United for the same season was £28m, so Blackburn's broadcasting income can't be far off the total turnover for the entire SPL minus the OF.

Interestingly though, Blackpool's turnover in their promotion year was only £9m. The Championship isn't as rich as many people think until a club gets promoted out of it.

Revenue for the championship was well over £300m for last season, making it the sixth richest league in Europe believe. (Probably EPL, La Liga (Real Madrid & Barca anyway), Bundesliga, Serie A, French League then the Championship), so in theory a much richer league than the SPL, Dutch League, Belgian, Turkish, Polish, Russian etc etc.

As a sidenote, Man Utd pocketed just over £60m in TV revenue and Blackpool pocketed a cool £39m from Tv revenue - for being relegated

Caversham Green
26-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Revenue for the championship was well over £300m for last season, making it the sixth richest league in Europe believe. (Probably EPL, La Liga (Real Madrid & Barca anyway), Bundesliga, Serie A, French League then the Championship), so in theory a much richer league than the SPL, Dutch League, Belgian, Turkish, Polish, Russian etc etc.

As a sidenote, Man Utd pocketed just over £60m in TV revenue and Blackpool pocketed a cool £39m from Tv revenue - for being relegated

£300m averages out at £12.5m per club - I suspect the average for the SPL is not much less, but it's skewed by the massive turnovers of the OF. My point was more related to individual clubs in any case. Blackpool, because they hadn't previously been in the EPL, didn't bring in a great deal more than Hibs or Hearts but now that they've been up and down they'll have a much higher income for the next few years. Meanwhile, the teams at the lower end of the league will continue on similar incomes to Hibs/Hearts.

One big difference is that teams chasing promotion pay much more in wages - Blackpool paid a yam-like 144% of turnover. That's because promotion to the EPL is an accumulation worth speculating for - the SPL doen't offer anything like that because of the OF's stranglehold at the top.

Caversham Green
26-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Nods well thank you for the info ,i honesty did not know the wagebill and stuff.I understand what your saying and all, but i think my point is is an epl club spend huge amounts of there income on high wages then they would not afford these big transfer fees.

Now i wonder if the spl somehow(ye i know its a big if and but) had the same amount of tv money the epl have, would the spl clubs be better?, better as in better players, better footie etc

On your first point, I think the EPL clubs are just operating at a much higher level than Scotland because of both TV money and higher population. That means that transfer fees that appear big to us are small potatoes for them.

On the second point, I'm sure if all Scottish clubs got the same level of inclme as their English counterparts we would see a huge improvement in our game, because we would be able to keep the likes of Fletcher and Brown and attract the Kevin Doyles and Stephen Hunts that go to lower placed EPL teams.

Liberal Hibby
26-05-2011, 11:48 AM

Match day income £6m
Commercial £9m
Broadcasting £43m

While there's not a lot we can do about the disparity in TV income - Hibs ought to be in a position to get somewhere towards that match day and commercial income. Edinburgh is a much better platform for commercial activities than Blackburn - even without the lure of the EPL.

So actually I think if we are to criticise the board it shouldn't be for football activities - it should be on business ones. I think they could be doing significantly better on the commercial front - which I imagine is one of the reasons for Fife Hyland's appointment.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Ticket prices are mad at some clubs in The EPL, i booked up to go down to London for The Hammers game at the w-end some time ago. I put off buying a match ticket until I knew if they had anything to play for, didnae fancy forking out at least £46 for a meaningless game v Sunderland!

BoltonHibee
26-05-2011, 04:35 PM
QPR have done the opposite. Their cheapest ticket for a match next season is £47, and seasons have gone up by 40% :shocked:

And £72 for some of their other games....

Kaiser1962
26-05-2011, 05:51 PM
While there's not a lot we can do about the disparity in TV income - Hibs ought to be in a position to get somewhere towards that match day and commercial income. Edinburgh is a much better platform for commercial activities than Blackburn - even without the lure of the EPL.

So actually I think if we are to criticise the board it shouldn't be for football activities - it should be on business ones. I think they could be doing significantly better on the commercial front - which I imagine is one of the reasons for Fife Hyland's appointment.

Everything is relative to the market in which they operate. We have 5th highest income in the SPL so you could argue that we do resonably well within our market place. There is not much between Us, Hearts and Aberdeen in that regard, as there wont be between Blackburn, Bolton and Birmingham for example. The SPL is just not that attractive and for that sort of money you can get the EPL or Celtic and Rangers.