PDA

View Full Version : A semi realistic/hopeful team for next year...

Hakim Sar
24-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Stack
David Murphy (loan)
Towell
Hanlon
Dickoh
Pallsson
Stephen Pearson
Miller
Jamie Murphy
Sodje
Craig Beattie

Subs
Brown
Booth
Stephens
Ben Tozer (Newcastle youth)
Murray Davidson
Bogdanovic
Sproule
Willo Flood
EDG

Franck Stanton
24-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Hopefully not, still a team with a soft centre back 4. We nee a big gruff in-yer-face beast at c/h and to be honest neither Dikoh or Hanlon fit the bill.

Hakim Sar
24-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Obviously somewhere in there I'd still take the vaz te divis etc

This was just to see what names u could play about with

Franck is God
24-05-2011, 11:17 AM
My team to start next year.

Brown

Towell---Stephens---Hanlon---Booth

Palsson
Miller-------Thornhil

Sproule---------------------Conway
Rooney

Subs from

Divis
Dickoh
Murray
Hart
Scott
Spoony
Sodje
Galbraith
Vaz Te

soproni1
24-05-2011, 11:26 AM

Brown

Palsson
Miller-------Thornhil

Rooney

Subs from

Divis
Dickoh
Murray
Hart
Scott
Spoony
Sodje
Galbraith

Vaz Te

Not a hope of getting Conway one would think - pick up a centre alf and its not a bad side

Franck is God
24-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Not a hope of getting Conway one would think - pick up a centre alf and its not a bad side

I think its probably unlikely to get Conway too but we would offer decent money and pretty much a guaranteed first team place.

The thought that the English leagues are awash with cash is simply not true anymore unless you are in the Prem and the big money is saved for the top players in the lower leagues.

Players of Conway's level in the future are going to have to decide whether it is better to take 3-5k at Hibs and stay fairly high profile for international recognition or 7-8k at the top of league1 or mid-table Championship for a couple of seasons and maybe disappear completely.

DC_Hibs
24-05-2011, 11:49 AM
3-5k at Hibs

Have a word wi yersel, the Sauzee and Latapy days are well gone.

Championship or the SPHell.........oh let me think.

The league is a total joke as the TV income shows therefore we lag well behind the championship which is a competitive league with decent crowds and a far higher exposure and greater regard held for those doing well.
League one and two is unfortunately what we are competing against now for players (or out of favour championship ones)

Franck is God
24-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Have a word wi yersel, the Sauzee and Latapy days are well gone.

Championship or the SPHell.........oh let me think.

The league is a total joke as the TV income shows therefore we lag well behind the championship which is a competitive league with decent crowds and a far higher exposure and greater regard held for those doing well.
League one and two is unfortunately what we are competing against now for players (or out of favour championship ones)

Sauzee and Latapy were on 10-15k per week.

You're right those days are gone but if you think that the likes of Riordan was on less than £5k per week then you should have a word with yourself.

Hibs are not poor payers and only Hearts and the OF will have higher average salaries. If Rooney and Conway were offered 3-5K per week at Hibs it would be a big pay rise for both.

Money is as tight in the Championship and below as it is in Scotland and unless the clubs have a rich owner they are counting the pennies like anybody else, they can no longer afford to bring in players on big salaries unless they know they can make a difference.

easty
24-05-2011, 12:09 PM

You're right those days are gone but if you think that the likes of Riordan was on less than £5k per week then you should have a word with yourself.

Hibs are not poor payers and only Hearts and the OF will have higher average salaries. If Rooney and Conway were offered 3-5K per week at Hibs it would be a big pay rise for both.

Money is as tight in the Championship and below as it is in Scotland and unless the clubs have a rich owner they are counting the pennies like anybody else, they can no longer afford to bring in players on big salaries unless they know they can make a difference.

Neither of them are worth £5k a week.

CallumLaidlaw
24-05-2011, 12:10 PM

I would be amazed if we have ever paid a basic wage of more than £6k a week.
I reckon there's no-one at ER on more than £3k basic

patlowe
24-05-2011, 12:17 PM

Championship clubs have a much bigger budget than Hibs. Norwich, a club which has been lauded for what it has achieved on an absolute shoestring, had a starting 11 that cost £4m in transfer fees when they won the league. Now that's a mild example in comparison to other clubs' spending down there and we could never compete with even that.

Latapy and Sauzee were on about 8k a week I reckon, and that was completely unsustainable. If Deek is on more than 3k a week I'd be surprised. As for the rest of the squad, 1-2.5k would be my guess. Less for the really young guys obviously.

California-Hibs
24-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I would be amazed if we have ever paid a basic wage of more than £6k a week.
I reckon there's no-one at ER on more than £3k basic
Wrong. There are players at Easter road who are paid in the region of 5-6K.

DC_Hibs
24-05-2011, 12:54 PM

That's your best one yet. Your pals must need incontinence pants when blethering to you about fitba.

GordonHFC
24-05-2011, 01:10 PM

I would doubt that they were anywhere near that amount of money. If my memory serves me right Latapy signed for Rankgers on a £12k per week deal.

Sir David Gray
24-05-2011, 01:22 PM

Brown

Palsson
Miller-------Thornhil

Rooney

Subs from

Divis
Dickoh
Murray
Hart
Scott
Spoony
Sodje
Galbraith
Vaz Te

No danger of Craig Conway coming to Hibs, he'll be off down south somewhere. Don't see Rooney coming here either.

silverhibee
24-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Stack
David Murphy (loan)
Towell
Hanlon
Dickoh
Pallsson
Stephen Pearson
Miller
Jamie Murphy
Sodje
Craig Beattie

Subs
Brown
Booth
Stephens
Ben Tozer (Newcastle youth)
Murray Davidson
Bogdanovic
Sproule
Willo FloodEDG

Signed for D. Utd. today. :aok:

Stevie Reid
24-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I would doubt that they were anywhere near that amount of money. If my memory serves me right Latapy signed for Rankgers on a £12k per week deal.

I was told (not by anybody who was particularly in the know) that we offered Didier Agathe £7K a week and a house and car and he turned it down to join Celtic. I would reckon that Latapy and Sauzee were both on good money when they signed (when we were in the First Division) but I would imagine that that would be about £3K a week at the very most, with the SPL money assured for the following season.

I would reckon that Latapy would have been offered something like £7-8K a week before he was sacked - Sauzee was at the tail end of his career and had originally planned on retiring at the end of the 1999-2000 season, and I would reckon that he would have resigned for not much more than what he was on previously.

silverhibee
24-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I think its probably unlikely to get Conway too but we would offer decent money and pretty much a guaranteed first team place.

The thought that the English leagues are awash with cash is simply not true anymore unless you are in the Prem and the big money is saved for the top players in the lower leagues.

Players of Conway's level in the future are going to have to decide whether it is better to take 3-5k at Hibs and stay fairly high profile for international recognition or 7-8k at the top of league1 or mid-table Championship for a couple of seasons and maybe disappear completely.

There is no chance Hibs could pay they kind of wages. You are way out on what Hibs will be paying players this season that come to the club, £900 will be a good wage at ER next season. :aok:

HibbyAndy
24-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Signed for D. Utd. today. :aok:

Oan a day like today????? Wind and the Willows :greengrin

silverhibee
24-05-2011, 01:32 PM

Are you sure about that.

easty
24-05-2011, 01:32 PM
I was told (not by anybody who was particularly in the know) that we offered Didier Agathe £7K a week and a house and car and he turned it down to join Celtic. I would reckon that Latapy and Sauzee were both on good money when they signed (when we were in the First Division) but I would imagine that that would be about £3K a week at the very most, with the SPL money assured for the following season.

I would reckon that Latapy would have been offered something like £7-8K a week before he was sacked - Sauzee was at the tail end of his career and had originally planned on retiring at the end of the 1999-2000 season, and I would reckon that he would have resigned for not much more than what he was on previously.

Even if Rod was hooked up to a Jeremy Kyle lie detector machine and it showed he was telling me the truth...I still wouldn't believe that Agathe was offered £7k a week. £7k a month would be closer to the mark, and even then I'd be surprised it was that much!

Saorsa
24-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Oan a day like today????? Wind and the Willows :greengrin

http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/t/thumbs_down-860.gif

HibbyAndy
24-05-2011, 01:34 PM
http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/t/thumbs_down-860.gif

You saying ya bam :greengrin

Stevie Reid
24-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Even if Rod was hooked up to a Jeremy Kyle lie detector machine and it showed he was telling me the truth...I still wouldn't believe that Agathe was offered £7k a week. £7k a month would be closer to the mark, and even then I'd be surprised it was that much!

In our second season in the SPL we were paying crazy money - remember John O'Neil's appearance bonuses?!

If Latapy had resigned and we paid a the fee that was being banded about for Marc Libbra, we would have been in administration a couple of years later, I would reckon.

silverhibee
24-05-2011, 01:40 PM

As a basic wage, i wouldn't think so.

Franck is God
24-05-2011, 01:44 PM
In our second season in the SPL we were paying crazy money - remember John O'Neil's appearance bonuses?!

If Latapy had resigned and we paid a the fee that was being banded about for Marc Libbra, we would have been in administration a couple of years later, I would reckon.

Absolutely correct.

Williamson ended up not being allowed to pick John O'Neil because if he played and we happened to win his weekly pay was £10k.

Latapy was offered a 3 year deal at ER worth £10k per week, then he was fired and ended up signing a two year deal at Rangers for less.

Our wage costs were ridiculous, where do you think the £17m debt came from?

Stevie Reid
24-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Absolutely correct.

Williamson ended up not being allowed to pick John O'Neil because if he played and we happened to win his weekly pay was £10k.

Latapy was offered a 3 year deal at ER worth £10k per week, then he was fired and ended up signing a two year deal at Rangers for less.

Our wage costs were ridiculous, where do you think the £17m debt came from?

I don't believe for one second that either Latapy or Sauzee would have been on £10-15K at all, but given that it was the wages:turnover ratio that was crippling us so much back then and the revenue was much higher due to the Sky money, I can believe that we would have had many players on say £5-7K a week. Again hearsay, but I was told that the 5 year deal that Tam McManus signed was for £5K a week.

I don't believe that anyone's basic wage at ER now would be more than £3K for a top earner though.

easty
24-05-2011, 01:52 PM

Aye, but Agathe had only played 5 or 6 SPL games after a season in the first division. The equivalent I suppose would be offering Tade £3k a week now....(which is what I've been told we're offering him) :wink:

Stevie Reid
24-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Aye, but Agathe had only played 5 or 6 SPL games after a season in the first division. The equivalent I suppose would be offering Tade £3k a week now....(which is what I've been told we're offering him) :wink:

Yes he had, but he was an absolute revelation, scoring goals and looking almost unplayable at times - we also had to bear in mind what our competitors were offering and I'll bet that he ended up on more than £7K a week at Celtic.

As I mentioned in the post I just completed prior to this one, the wages:turnover ratio back then was ridiculous, and we were getting brilliant money from Sky, so that tells you how daft some of the wages were back then. Celtic and Rangers were paying some players £20-30K a week, sometimes higher.

SteveHFC
24-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Brown

Towell Hanlon McGregor Booth

Sproule Palsson Murray Galbraith

Rooney Sodje

Subs:Divis, Dickoh, Stephens, Spoony, Thornhill/Scott, 2 New Strikers

Wotherspiniesta
24-05-2011, 06:08 PM
GK: Brown

RB:Towell (Permanent signing)
RCB: Experienced CB. Russell Anderson/Christian Dailly?
LCB: Hanlon/Stephens
LB: Booth

RM: Sproule/Wotherspoon
CM: Miller/ New creative, Zemmama-type midfielder.
CM: Palsson
CM: Thornhill
LM: Galbraith/ Vaz Te/ New Winger

CF: Rooney/Sodje

4 new signings to go straight into the first team. Good luck Colin :aok:

eastmainsmsh
24-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Stack/Brown

Towell/Hart Stephens/R Naylor Hanlon Booth/Harris

Sproule Miller/De Graff Palsson /Rae/Thornhill Galbraith/Stevenson

Vaz Te/Sodje Le Fondre/Sutton/Rooney

AlbertK86
24-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Divis

Towell Russ Anderson/New exp CH New exp CH/Hanlon Booth

Sproule Palsson Thornhill/Miller Swanson

Rooney La Fondre/Riordan

Tyler Durden
24-05-2011, 07:24 PM
All these "semi realistic" team selections are thoroughly depressing and just show how dire our current squad is.

I think we need 4 solid signings to come straight into the first team. If we're back next year with the likes of Dickoh, Miller and (to a lesser extent) Vaz Te, I think I'll just write off my £400 ST investment for the good of my health.

The only consolation is that the standard of the SPL in general should continue to plummet as most of the "quality" outwith the OF goes - Eremenko, Gomis, Conway, Maguire, Aluko, Riordan.

Scotthibs1875
24-05-2011, 11:21 PM

I hope not! Dailly just constantly fouls/pulls players strips and i would be really disappointed if we signed him plus he's a dirty hun.

hfc-1875
25-05-2011, 01:51 AM
stack

towell
hanlon
campbell
booth

sproule
buaben
palsson
swanson

le fondre
mackail smith

don't know where we would get the money but i reckon this would be a good team for next season, get yer wallet oot rod!

Ritchie
25-05-2011, 10:00 AM

if we play a 4-5-1 next season i will poke my own eyes out!!

Hibernian Verse
25-05-2011, 10:05 AM

At this rate we'll be doing that whatever formation we play next season.

borstalboy
25-05-2011, 10:12 AM

I hope to god we play a 4-5-1 :na na:

Ritchie
25-05-2011, 10:18 AM
I hope to god we play a 4-5-1 :na na:

shut it sticky vicky! :faf:

borstalboy
25-05-2011, 10:42 AM
shut it sticky vicky! :faf:

Poor response from you.....I expected better :wink:

Hibeez Boy!xx
25-05-2011, 11:21 AM
stack

towell---dickoh---hanlon---booth

sproule miller palsson murray

rooney ------ sodje

:flag: GGTTH <3

Albion Hibs
25-05-2011, 11:48 AM

No chance.

California-Hibs
25-05-2011, 12:00 PM
No chance.

Don't believe me if you want. Is it 100% accurate though. :agree:

silverhibee
25-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Don't believe me if you want. Is it 100% accurate though. :agree:

Do you care to share what Hibs players are on that kind of money. :greengrin :aok: