PDA

View Full Version : New Strip / Team Photo

greiang
24-05-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm not a regular poster on this forum, although I've been reading it for years. I thought I'd share an idea which I was told about by an Aberdeen supporting colleague.

Aberdeen fans are being given an incentive for purchasing next season's kit (and/or season tickets) early. When they buy the strip from the club shop, they'll be given a voucher to attend Pittodrie on the day of the 2011/12 team photo. They'll all be invited to wear their new strips and make up the background of the team photo (ie sit in the stand behind the team).

I just thought that would be a great idea for the Hibs team photo. I'd imagine quite a few fans would love the idea of getting their mug shot on the team photo - afterall, it's probably the closest any of us will ever get in representing our beloved team!

I'm not sure if it would boost shirt sales, but it would be a nice bonus for those who do buy it early. Come RP, get it sorted....

Franck Stanton
24-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Yup, good idea, would, imo, help sell a few more strips. [ especially with the monstrosity that is this seasons]

Aaron
24-05-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm not a regular poster on this forum, although I've been reading it for years. I thought I'd share an idea which I was told about by an Aberdeen supporting colleague.

Aberdeen fans are being given an incentive for purchasing next season's kit (and/or season tickets) early. When they buy the strip from the club shop, they'll be given a voucher to attend Pittodrie on the day of the 2011/12 team photo. They'll all be invited to wear their new strips and make up the background of the team photo (ie sit in the stand behind the team).

I just thought that would be a great idea for the Hibs team photo. I'd imagine quite a few fans would love the idea of getting their mug shot on the team photo - afterall, it's probably the closest any of us will ever get in representing our beloved team!

I'm not sure if it would boost shirt sales, but it would be a nice bonus for those who do buy it early. Come RP, get it sorted....

Good idea....and it would probably shift a load more calendars from the club shop if the photo was in it.

As a side note I represented Hibs for the fans team Scottish Cup photo at Hampden in the Daily Record years ago when I was a kid. I think that's been the closest we have come to lift the cup.

Keith_M
25-05-2011, 08:49 AM
How about each everyone that buys a strip gets put in a prize draw and is allowed to play at left-back for Hibs next season.

IWasThere2016
25-05-2011, 08:59 AM
How about each everyone that buys a strip gets put in a prize draw and is allowed to play at left-back for Hibs next season.

Should be RB - as we're all as "good" as Hart :greengrin

GreenCastle
25-05-2011, 11:56 AM

Great idea :thumbsup:

Gala Foxes
26-05-2011, 04:59 AM
with the crowds Aberdeen were getting towards the end of the season they could just sit them in the dugout.

Fair play though - not a bad idea

HibeesLA
26-05-2011, 05:41 AM

Can I send in a picture and be photoshopped into the background? :greengrin