PDA

View Full Version : Yams If Hearts Were To Get Into Bed With The Council

Greentinted
24-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Would you be moved to do anything radical?
After seeing the myriad plans mooted regarding their impending upheaval I for one would be highly aggrieved to see a penny of my money used to keep a mismanaged shambles of a business kept afloat.
Would there be a case for withholding council tax, lobbying local councillors, etc or do we just stand by and allow Vlad and his sinking ship ***** our money away?

Golden Bear
24-05-2011, 09:43 AM
After seeing the myriad plans mooted regarding their impending upheaval I for one would be highly aggrieved to see a penny of my money used to keep a mismanaged shambles of a business kept afloat.
Would there be a case for withholding council tax, lobbying local councillors, etc or do we just stand by and allow Vlad and his sinking ship ***** our money away?

As a means of fair play and balance, the Council should stipulate that they will only support the hawrts development if the proceeds of any future sale of piggery park are donated to Hibernian FC.

:greengrin

steakbake
24-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Given the Council's track record of managing large projects, for example, the trams, I would be delighted to see the Yams getting their "help" on this wonderful new stadium.

EskbankHibby
24-05-2011, 09:50 AM
They will not need any help surely, massive club like Hearts and all that.

As an aside how is their status as self styled 'biggest club in Edinburgh likesay' affected by the fact that they will be homeless and have to go cap in hand to absolutely anyone to find a patch of grass to play a game on.

poolman
24-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Given the Council's track record of managing large projects, for example, the trams, I would be delighted to see the Yams getting their "help" on this wonderful new stadium.

Really cant see it at the moment

I work for the council and at the minute they are looking absolutely everywhere to save money and cut budgets from every department

Let the Yams get themselves oot the sheite :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
24-05-2011, 10:04 AM

I think we need to take a leaf out of their book and organise:

1. Open letters.
2. Protests outside City Chambers.
3. Russian Hats.
4. Establish councillors adresses.
5. Uber fan group H6 (blazers optional)
6. Enlist top international businessman.

They will not need any help surely, massive club like Hearts and all that.

As an aside how is their status as self styled 'biggest club in Edinburgh likesay' affected by the fact that they will be homeless and have to go cap in hand to absolutely anyone to find a patch of grass to play a game on.

For the millionth time, YAMS DON'T DO IRONY!

Greentinted
24-05-2011, 10:11 AM
I think we need to take a leaf out of their book and organise:

1. Open letters.
2. Protests outside City Chambers.
3. Russian Hats.
4. Establish councillors adresses.
5. Uber fan group H6 (blazers optional)
6. Enlist top international businessman.

For the millionth time, YAMS DON'T DO IRONY!

You had me at Russian Hats :greengrin

LancashireHibby
24-05-2011, 11:04 AM

And to go a step further on that, the council would reclaim every penny possible and as such would own the contracts for the catering etc, not to mention charging a fortune in rent, which would cripple a lot of Hearts' income streams.

Hibs Class
24-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Given Cardownie's a supporter I'd like to think he'll recognise his conflict of interests and exclude himself from any decision making on council involvement in their move

Viva_Palmeiras
24-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Given Cardownie's a supporter I'd like to think he'll recognise his conflict of interests and exclude himself from any decision making on council involvement in their move

Appeared recently in the een as a hibee I'm confused now...

easty
24-05-2011, 01:19 PM

So am I....he told me that he was a Man Utd fan but I wasnt to tell anyone on HIbs.net..

DarlingtonHibee
24-05-2011, 01:44 PM
So am I....he told me that he was a Man Utd fan but I wasnt to tell anyone on HIbs.net..

He iis a Jambo.

We should insist on the folllowing-

1. Public inquiry, if there is any suggestion of collusion.

2. Open book accounting re any proposal's.

That should add three year's to their plans :thumbsup:

Hillsidehibby
24-05-2011, 02:25 PM
100% a jambo. I remember him when he was a lowly CA in the Inland Revenue.

Prided himself as being a jambo from Leith

Bit of a nutter as well.

Mind you he jumped ship from Labour to SNP so he might well be a Hibby now!!

sixtwo
24-05-2011, 03:15 PM
100% a jambo. I remember him when he was a lowly CA in the Inland Revenue.

Prided himself as being a jambo from Leith

Bit of a nutter as well.

Mind you he jumped ship from Labour to SNP so he might well be a Hibby now!!

I seen recently he was a hibby but i always thought he was a yam. Maybe this is part of the ploy? promote himself as a hibby so nobody suggests he is favouring the yams?

Whatever happens, the yams should not get any favours from the council.

Why should the council tax payers bail out a failing business that has been badly run for many years? Millions of pounds of hearts fans money has been taken from the club and sent over to lithuania. There has litterally been millions of pounds in fees etc sent to kaunas. Why should edinburgh council reward this? They are no longer an edinburgh institution, they are eastern european with a base in edinburgh

Dashing Bob S
24-05-2011, 03:37 PM
If Hearts were to get in bed in bed with the council, would the bed actually exist?

Or would we be transported by non-existent trams to a non-existent state-of-the-art stadium, with a non-existent hotel attached, where this bed, and presumably some others, would be waiting?

It seems like a marriage made in heaven between two sets of wonderfully deluded plums full of their own self-importance.

Absolutely no surprise, given their pomposity and decision-making prowess, that the council is perceived to be ran by Yams.

ancient hibee
24-05-2011, 03:58 PM
I believe the cinema will be premiering Gone With The Wind.

magpie1892
24-05-2011, 04:03 PM
I believe the cinema will be premiering Gone With The Wind.

Nah, 'Heartbreak Hotel'.

Significantly more people believe Elvis is still alive than that the jambos will we rocking up at Hermiston or wherever anytime this decade, if ever.

Hibs Class
24-05-2011, 04:36 PM

Reported here as a Yam - refers to them as "we".

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/scotland/Hearts-fans-39ready-to-accept39.6772863.jp?articlepage=1

HibeeMG
24-05-2011, 06:35 PM
If Hearts were to get into bed with the council....

The council would have to visit the clinic! :ill:

Greentinted
24-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Having had a wee gander across the road, the consensus seems to be that 'the council should be doing more to help us', but I am at a loss to know how this consensus is reached.

If I get myself into a strangulating debt to bankroll a lifestyle I can't sustain, can I expect the local council to help me out and assist me in moving forward?

Who the hell do they think they are? Heart of Midlothian FC is nothing more than a tin-pot, debt-crippled, sick, whining animal suffering serious delusions of grandeur.

Big Team? Do us a favour...

Skol
24-05-2011, 07:26 PM
of course the cooncil would help you, they would offer you a lesser property in need of repair in a poorer location...saughton enclosure for example

MountcastleHibs
24-05-2011, 07:34 PM

He's definately a Jambo. Used to go to the yams games back in the day with my dad. Yes, my dad's a Jambo.

He still goes to games at the PBS.

Dashing Bob S
24-05-2011, 08:58 PM
If Hearts were to get into bed with the council....

The council would have to visit the clinic! :ill:

I really don't think they'd be interested in getting into bed with the council, as the council is more than ten years old.

Kaiser1962
24-05-2011, 09:07 PM
They cant. They absolutely humped us over the lochend property deal. Also considering the hardships we have went through to keep our head above water it would be scandalous, borderline criminal, if the cooncil bailed them out in any way shape or form.

Having had a wee gander across the road, the consensus seems to be that 'the council should be doing more to help us', but I am at a loss to know how this consensus is reached.

If I get myself into a strangulating debt to bankroll a lifestyle I can't sustain, can I expect the local council to help me out and assist me in moving forward?

Who the hell do they think they are? Heart of Midlothian FC is nothing more than a tin-pot, debt-crippled, sick, whining animal suffering serious delusions of grandeur.

Big Team? Do us a favour...

PaulSmith
24-05-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm actually pissing myself that they are running polls on whether the stadium should be at Harrison park, Saughton ("just bull doze the new skate park as we're more important") or the 'favourite' Sighthill where seemingly there will now be extra space as the flats are demolished at Sighthill North on Calder Rd.
Well Mr Jambo boys there is already detailed and submitted planning for hundreds of new low affordable housing on this area, a total non starter.

Your stadium will be at Hermiston, with a running track and shared with Edin Rugby. Hearts know it, Murray knows it and the council will prob back it as best option.

Hibs Class
24-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I really don't think they'd be interested in getting into bed with the council, as the council is more than ten years old.

:thumbsup:

Hank Schrader
24-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Your stadium will be at Hermiston, with a running track and shared with Edin Rugby. Hearts know it, Murray knows it and the council will prob back it as best option.

:agree::top marks

Jack
24-05-2011, 10:00 PM

We've known each other since the 70s - he's a jambo.

You can divorce your wife; you can change your strongly held left wing beliefs but you canny change the club you love.

Jack
24-05-2011, 10:04 PM
I really think someone needs to fire in a freedom of information request to find out how far this has gone.