PDA

View Full Version : CC : If I Can Get The Two Players I Want - I'll Be Really Excited About Our Chances

Speedway
23-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Interesting snippet on the official site where CC:

Wants a squad of 24 with 4 out on loan and 20 training and available for selection.

Will spend money on a striker shortly.

Has 2 specific players in mind which if he gets, will make him 'very excited about our chances next season'

That suggests he thinks that most of the deadwood is gone and he can make something out of what he has with 3 or 4 additions.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_2365161

Hibee87
23-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Which I guess asks the question......wonder who the 2 players are? 1 a striker and where else? centre half? midfield? should be an interesting summer :hnet:

CallumLaidlaw
23-05-2011, 01:35 PM
I would agree. CB, RB and 2 strikers. If they are quality, then there is players still at the team that could do well

GreenCastle
23-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Messi and Xavi :confused:

Speedway
23-05-2011, 01:50 PM
I would agree. CB, RB and 2 strikers. If they are quality, then there is players still at the team that could do well

I wonder if there's plans to try EDG as Def Mid or CH?

CRAZYHIBBY
23-05-2011, 02:21 PM
if you paypal me a fiver ill let you know who they are......send it before 5.pm and you will recieve a lovely ball point pen.......but be quick as this exclusive offer wont last long

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2011, 02:26 PM
I too would be excited to end up in the middle of Scarlett Johansen and Natalie Portman, but it isn't going to happen.

SlickShoes
23-05-2011, 02:34 PM
This is the post someone is going to dig up when the season starts, we start losing and calderwood has panic bought 5 players on deadline day because he couldn't get the players he wanted to come to hibs under our strict wage structure.

Happy to be proven wrong but it seems to go this way fairly often. Think stokes signing was the only recent exception to this but we all know he was to be sold on ASAP.

one day maybe...
23-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Messi and Xavi :confused:

Even they couldna help this Hibs team.. Is he serious two new signings :confused: and he will be excited, excited about what finishing in the top 6? :rolleyes:

Greentinted
23-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I too would be excited to end up in the middle of Scarlett Johansen and Natalie Portman, but it isn't going to happen.

You do yourself a disservice surely? A man of your sophistication?

And anyway, neither are Hibs class and come woefully short to attending to the 'Matty Jack role' :greengrin

Speedway
23-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Thinking about that 24...

Under contract for next season...

Brown
Hart
Hanlon
Stephens
Scott Smith
Handling
Forster
Horner
Taggart
Booth
Murray
Stevenson
EDG
Thornhill
De Graff
Palsson
Sproule
Scott
Galbraith
Wotherspoon
Sodje

= 21

With Unknown Futures for:

Stack
Divis
Riordan
Dickoh
Vaz Te
Miller
Towell

= 7

We're still to see a lot of movement it seems.

hibeemikey21
23-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Even they couldna help this Hibs team.. Is he serious two new signings :confused: and he will be excited, excited about what finishing in the top 6? :rolleyes:

I think this quote is more emphasising the quality of these two targets rather than suggesting we need two more players. Im trying to guess at the sort of level they could viably be, though. Anyone down south would be off their head to come to the SPL at the moment.

I'm just hope this quote doesn't carry with it a hidden message i.e. "don't blame me when the purse strings are kept tightly shut again this summer".

GreenCastle
23-05-2011, 02:46 PM

Brown
Hart
Hanlon
Stephens
Scott Smith
Handling
Forster
Horner
Taggart
Booth
Murray
Stevenson
EDG
Thornhill
De Graff
Palsson
Sproule
Scott
Galbraith
Wotherspoon
Sodje

= 21

Stack
Divis
Riordan
Dickoh
Vaz Te
Miller
Towell

= 7

Is De Graaf so good you named him twice ? :wink:

That top list is missing quite a bit of quality - more than 2 players needed :agree:

Speedway
23-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Is De Graaf so good you named him twice ? :wink:

That top list is missing quite a bit of quality - more than 2 players needed :agree:

Darn your observational skills. I was going to put him in three times but I thought that would be too easy to spot.

Still a lot of change to come about.

helsbels
23-05-2011, 02:51 PM

Brown
Hart
Hanlon
Stephens
Scott Smith
Handling
Forster
Horner
Taggart
Booth
Murray
Stevenson
EDG
Thornhill
De Graff
Palsson
Sproule
Scott
Galbraith
Wotherspoon
Sodje

= 21

Stack
Divis
Riordan
Dickoh
Vaz Te
Miller
Towell

= 7

2 young lads are still ages for the under 19 so don't think they would count

Speedway
23-05-2011, 02:52 PM

They're in the squad on the fishy site.

SteveHFC
23-05-2011, 02:54 PM
We need about 7 players.

GreenCastle
23-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Darn your observational skills. I was going to put him in three times but I thought that would be too easy to spot.

Still a lot of change to come about.

EDG played 5 games in Holland and CC says he has heard good reports?

I am really hoping he comes back a fresh player and adds something - he could make a decent CH

Jones28
23-05-2011, 03:00 PM

Brown
Hart
Hanlon
Stephens
Scott Smith
Handling
Forster
Horner
Taggart
Booth
Murray
Stevenson
EDG
Thornhill
De Graff
Palsson
Sproule
Scott
Galbraith
Wotherspoon
Sodje

= 21

Stack
Divis
Riordan
Dickoh
Vaz Te
Miller
Towell

= 7

From the 21 I'd be surprised if Murray and Hart were still here. I also think Miller, Stack and Riordan will leave.

I could see Dickoh going on loan somewhere for a bit more experience

Vaz Te, Towell and Divis will stay, meaning room for 3 signings, sending the likes of Handling, Horner, Taggart and Smith on loan

As for the three signings? A striker with pace and a proven SPL record (Adam Rooney), a quality mid-fielder in next to Eddie DeGraaf (Willo Flood?) and a big b*start centre back (O'dea formerly of Celtic, perhaps someone from England or Europe?)

edit: saw on another thread Chris Burke, would be a great signing in our mid-field

leeds_hibby
23-05-2011, 03:01 PM
vaz te already signed! only know because iv been knocked back for sponsoring him for next season as he is already taken!!

HibbyKeith
23-05-2011, 03:04 PM

Brown
Hart
Hanlon
Stephens
Scott Smith
Handling
Forster
Horner
Taggart
Booth
Murray
Stevenson
EDG
Thornhill
De Graff
Palsson
Sproule
Scott
Galbraith
Wotherspoon
Sodje

= 21

Stack
Divis
Riordan
Dickoh
Vaz Te
Miller
Towell

= 7

All of the ones in bold could potentially be on loan for the majority of the season if not all.

a squad of 20 is all well providing 5 of them are not the lads looking to try and break into the first team.

It would seem though that there is alot of improvement needed in the quality of the players we have in our general squad.

I just tried to break that list into categories of First team regular (or at least on the bench) general squad player and Academy Players looking for some game time..

not as easy as it looks, I didn't have a team of first team regulars out that lot.

Over to you Mr Calderwood, i dont envy the job that is on your hands.

Speedway
23-05-2011, 03:12 PM
vaz te already signed! only know because iv been knocked back for sponsoring him for next season as he is already taken!!

Could it not be that someone has first refusal in case he does sign?

Petrie's Tache
23-05-2011, 03:18 PM
What about Welsh? Thought he was going to be staying?

leeds_hibby
23-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Could it not be that someone has first refusal in case he does sign?
No i wouldnt have thought so because i was offered his boot sponsorship!

Speedway
23-05-2011, 03:23 PM
No i wouldnt have thought so because i was offered his boot sponsorship!

Fair enough.

Sergio sledge
23-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Brown
Hart
Hanlon
Stephens
Scott Smith
Handling
Forster
Horner
Taggart
Booth
Murray
Stevenson
Thornhill
De Graff
Palsson
Sproule
Scott
Galbraith
Wotherspoon
Sodje

Stack
Divis
Riordan
Dickoh
Vaz Te
Miller
Towell

Italics out on loan
Bold, gone

That leaves 15 in the first team squad, with space for 5 signings. I think we'll see a couple of defenders, a midfielder, forward and a goalie.

That would leave a squad of:

Goals - Brown and An. Other
Defenders - Hanlon, Stephens, Booth, Taggart, Dickoh, An. Other & An. Other (and Stevenson or Palsson if required)
Midfield - Stevenson, Palsson, Thornhill, Scott, Wotherspoon, Galbraith & An. Other
Forwards - Sproule, Sodje, Vaz Te & An. Other

It doesn't look too bad a squad, but certainly not the type to get too excited about just yet. Hopefully the new signings will add something exciting. Potentially we could have an entirely new starting 11 from 6 months ago, which is a huge turnaround.

California-Hibs
23-05-2011, 03:57 PM
could Adam Le Fonde be one of the signings he's looking at...? Because I tell you what if it is, he'd be a FANTASTIC signing!! Here's hoping..

DH1875
23-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Has 2 specific players in mind which if he gets, will make him 'very excited about our chances next season'

Our chances of what? It's going to take a lot more than two.

marinello59
23-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Damn the man for making positive noises. Doesn't he understand we demand relentless negativity? :grr:

SRHibs
23-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Alan Smith? :wink::hmmm:

hibs0666
23-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Damn the man for making positive noises. Doesn't he understand we demand relentless negativity? :grr:

We can make make negatives from any positives - its what we do best.

GreenCastle
23-05-2011, 04:20 PM

I think the fans just want action and quality on the pitch - without all the talk.

What happens if CC doesn't get the players he wants ?

Will we have an unhappy manager in charge :confused:

Saorsa
23-05-2011, 04:24 PM
I think the fans just want action and quality on the pitch - without all the talk.

Will we have an unhappy manager in charge :confused:we'll end up with choice 3,4 or 5

GreenCastle
23-05-2011, 04:27 PM
we'll end up with choice 3,4 or 5

Sounds familiar :rolleyes:

marinello59
23-05-2011, 04:27 PM

Will we have an unhappy manager in charge :confused:

And if he said nothing we would have a thread on here condemning the club for not letting us know what's going on.

GreenCastle
23-05-2011, 04:29 PM
And if he said nothing we would have a thread on here condemning the club for not letting us know what's going on.

Of course :greengrin

Lets hope he gets the players he wants and we improve ASAP.

Big Frank
23-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Our team has boys playing along the back, we need men for next year.

Good positivity from CC. :agree:

The Falcon
23-05-2011, 04:39 PM
could Adam Le Fonde be one of the signings he's looking at...? Because I tell you what if it is, he'd be a FANTASTIC signing!! Here's hoping..

What is about Adam Le Fondre that he keeps getting mentioned? Scores goals in League 2? So does Clayton Donaldson.

Sir David Gray
23-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Players with a contract for July 2011;

Mark Brown
Jakub Divis

Paul Hanlon
Callum Booth
Michael Hart
Ian Murray
David Stephens

Victor Palsson
Lewis Stevenson
Martin Scott
Matt Thornhill
David Wotherspoon
Danny Galbraith
Edwin de Graaf
Ivan Sproule

Akpo Sodje

That's 16 players assured of a contract for next season. There are others who will be the ones that Calderwood is talking about being out on loan but those 16 players will make up the core of the squad.

If he's wanting 20 first team players then we'll be bringing in about 4 more players in the summer.

Given that Divis' contract is up in January, we'll probably be signing another goalkeeper.

We'll also need a RB, a CH, about two or three strikers and a creative centre midfield player.

Personally I think we'll need about 6 or 7 new players in the summer to have a squad that is able to compete at the higher end of the SPL.

sven nil
23-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Yes I heard one of them is from an english cub (my mates aunties cousin heard from one of his workmates whos mums mum knows someone who told him who it was) But sadly for legal reasons i will refer to him only as an un-named english premiership footballer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mon the cabbage
23-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Yes I heard one of them is from an english cub (my mates aunties cousin heard from one of his workmates whos mums mum knows someone who told him who it was) But sadly for legal reasons i will refer to him only as an un-named english premiership footballer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:top marks brilliant mate.

MSK
23-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Yes I heard one of them is from an english cub (my mates aunties cousin heard from one of his workmates whos mums mum knows someone who told him who it was) But sadly for legal reasons i will refer to him only as an un-named english premiership footballer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well that narrows it down a bit then ..:agree:

Captain Trips
23-05-2011, 05:11 PM
And if we you don't get them Colin?

Cocaine&Caviar
23-05-2011, 05:12 PM
I could see Dickoh going on loan somewhere for a bit more experience

I assume you mean Stephens? Seeing as Dickoh is out of contract, and is approaching 29?

IWasThere2016
23-05-2011, 05:18 PM

Heard the same mate :agree:

hibeedonald
23-05-2011, 05:19 PM
What is about Adam Le Fondre that he keeps getting mentioned? Scores goals in League 2? So does Clayton Donaldson.

its more the quality of the goals he scores. Doesnt matter who your against if you smack a shot from outside the box into the top corner.

Franck is God
23-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I think it will be Adam Rooney & a speedy left sided striker as the two first choice players. I also think Dickoh, Towell, Miller & Vaz Te will sign on for next year.

Arch Stanton
23-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Interesting snippet on the official site where CC:

Wants a squad of 24 with 4 out on loan and 20 training and available for selection.

Will spend money on a striker shortly.

That suggests he thinks that most of the deadwood is gone and he can make something out of what he has with 3 or 4 additions.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_2365161

It rather sounds like he is willing to pay a transfer fee - I can't see him being able to conclude a deal quickly otherwise.

I would say it is a good move if that is the case as trying to get a decent striker on a free transfer is a bit of a lottery.

stokesmessiah
23-05-2011, 05:36 PM
It rather sounds like he is willing to pay a transfer fee - I can't see him being able to conclude a deal quickly otherwise.

I would say it is a good move if that is the case as trying to get a decent striker on a free transfer is a bit of a lottery.

"so the next amount of money that comes out the budget will hopefully be in that area"

I would say they are close to spending some dosh yes !

BEEJ
23-05-2011, 05:38 PM

They're in the squad on the fishy site.
I agree with helsbels - I think Forster and Handling are only listed in the first team squad page because they were included in the team during the season. I think they're still what CC has referred to previously as 'academy players'.

No one's mentioned David Crawford on this thread yet; he has graduated from the U-19s to the full squad.

So the candidates for the players to be loaned out next season would be:

Smith
Horner
Crawford

With Sean Welsh making up the fourth if he is given an extended contract.

Players with a contract for July 2011;

Mark Brown
Jakub Divis

Paul Hanlon
Callum Booth
Michael Hart
Ian Murray
David Stephens

Victor Palsson
Lewis Stevenson
Martin Scott
Matt Thornhill
David Wotherspoon
Danny Galbraith
Edwin de Graaf
Ivan Sproule

Akpo Sodje

That's 16 players assured of a contract for next season. There are others who will be the ones that Calderwood is talking about being out on loan but those 16 players will make up the core of the squad.

If he's wanting 20 first team players then we'll be bringing in about 4 more players in the summer.
Good summary of the position. I think young Taggart might end up in there as well.

But one or two of the 'four more players' might come from the five existing contract situations that have yet to be resolved (namely, Riordan, Miller, Vaz te, Stack and Dickoh).

Personally I think we'll need about 6 or 7 new players in the summer to have a squad that is able to compete at the higher end of the SPL.
Probably. But it's not going to happen unless we can find ways of moving on the likes of De Graaf and Hart.

hibs4eve
23-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Brown
Hart-SOLD
Hanlon
Stephens
Scott Smith-LOAN
Handling-LOAN
Forster-LOAN
Horner-LOAN
Taggart
Booth
Murray
Stevenson-SOLD
Thornhill
De Graff-SOLD
Palsson
Sproule
Scott
Galbraith
Wotherspoon
Sodje

= 21

Stack-KEEP
Divis-
Riordan
Dickoh-KEEP
Vaz Te-KEEP
Miller
Towell-KEEP

3 more Players any guesses|?

The_Todd
23-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Bob Malcolm's a cert. FACT. ENDOF.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Bob Malcolm's a cert. FACT. ENDOF.

This is a BlackpoolHibs wet dream come true :greengrin

Gmack7
23-05-2011, 05:52 PM

adam rooney will require a fee as i think he is 23,but imo would be worth it

SRHibs
23-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Brown
Hart-SOLD
Hanlon
Stephens
Scott Smith-LOAN
Handling-LOAN
Forster-LOAN
Horner-LOAN
Taggart
Booth
Murray
Stevenson-SOLD
Thornhill
De Graff-SOLD
Palsson
Sproule
Scott
Galbraith
Wotherspoon
Sodje

= 21

Stack-KEEP
Divis-
Riordan
Dickoh-KEEP
Vaz Te-KEEP
Miller
Towell-KEEP

3 more Players any guesses|?

Considering Stevenson has just signed a new contract, I highly doubt he's going to be sold.

The_Todd
23-05-2011, 06:07 PM
This is a BlackpoolHibs wet dream come true :greengrin

Surely it's all our wet dream? Not that I want to share wet dreams. Oh, forget it.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Surely it's all our wet dream? Not that I want to share wet dreams. Oh, forget it.

c0ck tease :grr:

sunshine1875
23-05-2011, 06:34 PM
its more the quality of the goals he scores. Doesnt matter who your against if you smack a shot from outside the box into the top corner.

You may know more than me, but take care not to make Adam Le Fondre into something he is not. If you look at his 50 goals in the attached vid there are not many shots from outside the box. Lots of tap-ins, close range headers and penalties, yes but someone has to give him the opportunity to score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgcVAOlFCvg

ScottB
23-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Honestly, the level of endless negativity on here these days is driving me away from the Board.

CC says that if he can sign two players he has an eye on he'll be very excited.

Great, good stuff!

Oh wait, no it isn't. It's evidence he doesn't see the full extent of our problems, or why the hell hasn't he been looking for more than just 2 players, or what if teh evil mustache closes the biscuit tin, surely CC will walk without his chosen 2 blah blah blah...

Let's just wait and see eh folks?!

Judas Iscariot
23-05-2011, 06:56 PM

Relegation

Fifer
23-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Honestly, the level of endless negativity on here these days is driving me away from the Board.

Great, good stuff!

Oh wait, no it isn't. It's evidence he doesn't see the full extent of our problems, or why the hell hasn't he been looking for more than just 2 players, or what if teh evil mustache closes the biscuit tin, surely CC will walk without his chosen 2 blah blah blah...

:top marks

w33_loc
23-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Has he signed a new contract the last i heard he was out of contract this summer:confused:

Speedway
23-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Hibbies lose all hope, when the manager says there's scope.

hibsquaker
23-05-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm also surprised by the bigging up of Le Fondre. I've seen hime play several times for Rochdale against the mightly Darlo and fair enough he is a decent player who causes problems in the bottom English league but surely not Hibs class, unless he's vastly improved. Saying that Richie Foran used to play for Darlo and I thought he was decent enough in the bottom league but he seems to have been great this season for Inverness.

.Sean.
23-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Brown
Hart
Hanlon
Stephens
Scott Smith
Handling
Forster
Horner
Taggart
Booth
Murray
Stevenson
EDG
Thornhill
De Graff
Palsson
Sproule
Scott
Galbraith
Wotherspoon
Sodje

Hopefully empty the ones in bold.

Get Danny Handling, Smith, Forster, Horner and Taggart out on loan.

Hopefully Stack signs his deal. I'd love Riordan to stay, but it's looking increasingly doubtful. Genuinely not overly-fussed on Miller as he only plays when it suits him and Vaz Te hasn't impressed me too much.

I'd hope for a better right back than Towell and we could sign better for the midfield.

We probably need a goalie. A right back and one, probably even two centre-halfs (there's far, far better out there than Dickoh), a left winger, and at least two strikers. Massive job for you CC, please do not **** it up.

AlbertK86
23-05-2011, 07:56 PM
You may know more than me, but take care not to make Adam Le Fondre into something he is not. If you look at his 50 goals in the attached vid there are not many shots from outside the box. Lots of tap-ins, close range headers and penalties, yes but someone has to give him the opportunity to score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgcVAOlFCvg

Agreed that we need someone to create the chances but he looks like a good wee poacher.

Here's hoping he is one of CC's targets. Ivan the T and hopefully some like Danny swanson on the other wing supplying the ammo

bingo70
23-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Agreed that we need someone to create the chances but he looks like a good wee poacher.

Here's hoping he is one of CC's targets. Ivan the T and hopefully some like Danny swanson on the other wing supplying the ammo

Calderwood has said he's not interested in Le Fondre, can't remember where i read it but i definately did.

Think the whole rumour started from that stupid football rumours website or someone signed him on championship manager or something like that but i wouldn't go getting your hopes up about him signing.

J-C
23-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I think we have to remember that the SPL is no better than lower championship/top half of league 1 and these will be the standard of players we'll be looking at, i fLa Fondre is that quality then bring him in, Sodje was playing lower half championship and he's doing ok.

AlbertK86
23-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Calderwood has said he's not interested in Le Fondre, can't remember where i read it but i definately did.

Think the whole rumour started from that stupid football rumours website or someone signed him on championship manager or something like that but i wouldn't go getting your hopes up about him signing.

Maybe he said that to stop the Yams jumping in as well !!!

Dinnae worry I never get ma hopes up when it comes to Hibs these days... over 40yrs supporting them teaches you a few harsh lessons about hopes up and Hibs in the same sentence !!

stokesmessiah
23-05-2011, 08:11 PM
I think we have to remember that the SPL is no better than lower championship/top half of league 1 and these will be the standard of players we'll be looking at, i fLa Fondre is that quality then bring him in, Sodje was playing lower half championship and he's doing ok.

Did he not come from Charlton in league 1??

Andy74
23-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Nothing CC said suggested a fee would be paid. He just referred to the budget.

stokesmessiah
23-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Nothing CC said suggested a fee would be paid. He just referred to the budget.

He refers to spending money, ppl just want to find something to moan about!!!!

:rolleyes:

erin go bragh
23-05-2011, 08:23 PM

Great, good stuff!

Im with you pal , too many glasses half empty . lets wait and see :aok:
ggtth

Sir David Gray
23-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Has he signed a new contract the last i heard he was out of contract this summer:confused:

Contract runs until July 2012.

bingo70
23-05-2011, 08:37 PM

Great, good stuff!

I agree to an extent, i think this place is ridiculous for negativity as well but on this occassion i don't really blame people for being sceptical, every year since Mowbray we've been getting told this summer it'll be quality over quantity but it never happens.

If we wait and see like you suggest then this place will be awful quite until the end of the season then we won't be allowed an opinion again cos it'll be time to wait and see again :wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
23-05-2011, 08:46 PM
I think the bottom line is, about 80% of people on here are not happy unless they're moaning.

It's absolutely ridiculous in all honesty. I f******g curse the internet sometimes.

ScottB
23-05-2011, 08:50 PM
I agree to an extent, i think this place is ridiculous for negativity as well but on this occassion i don't really blame people for being sceptical, every year since Mowbray we've been getting told this summer it'll be quality over quantity but it never happens.

If we wait and see like you suggest then this place will be awful quite until the end of the season then we won't be allowed an opinion again cos it'll be time to wait and see again :wink:

Oh sure, but I'm happy to take CC at face value, he doesn't strike me as the type to flap his gums without reason. Nor can I imagine he'd be talking about these two players if they weren't within his 'perfect' (as he termed it) budget.

And I reckon he bought pretty well in January.

Not that I'm saying we can't moan, but some folk round here would find a way to complain about Hibs signing Messi at this stage!

Greentinted
23-05-2011, 08:56 PM

Great, good stuff!

Well said that man.:agree:

The Falcon
23-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Sounds familiar :rolleyes:

You know this how exactly?

The Falcon
23-05-2011, 08:59 PM

And if he dosent? I mean Rotherham valued the guy at £3m in January.

Kaiser1962
23-05-2011, 09:03 PM

Great, good stuff!

Exactly. And I would imagine that only Rod and CC know who they're after. Maybe some others will but there wont be many that do.

Kaiser1962
23-05-2011, 09:07 PM

Then he might not get excited :rolleyes:

BEEJ
23-05-2011, 09:32 PM

Great, good stuff!

I've just scanned this thread again. Up until this post of yours (#60) there were just 8 posts that could be construed as being remotely negative or cynical. Another one follows immediately after yours.

The rest of the posts are either considering CC's options in the light of the squad he has at the moment or suggesting potential new players.

I think you're over-reacting on the negativity critique, Scott. The numbers don't back you up. :wink:

I think the bottom line is, about 80% of people on here are not happy unless they're moaning.

It's absolutely ridiculous in all honesty. I f******g curse the internet sometimes.
Read through the whole thread again and see if you're 80% figure holds in this case.

ScottB
23-05-2011, 09:51 PM
I've just scanned this thread again. Up until this post of yours (#60) there were just 8 posts that could be construed as being remotely negative or cynical. Another one follows immediately after yours.

The rest of the posts are either considering CC's options in the light of the squad he has at the moment or suggesting potential new players.

I think you're over-reacting on the negativity critique, Scott. The numbers don't back you up. :wink:

Read through the whole thread again and see if you're 80% figure holds in this case.

Well I was referring to the Board in general, not just this thread :wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
23-05-2011, 10:06 PM

Percentage folk ken whit's gaun oan :wink:

BEEJ
23-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Well I was referring to the Board in general, not just this thread :wink:
I see! :greengrin

:tee hee:

Hank Schrader
23-05-2011, 11:05 PM

:tee hee:

IWasThere2016
24-05-2011, 06:06 AM

Brilliant! :faf:

Gatecrasher
24-05-2011, 06:45 AM

if we dont get them, we dont get them. Thats just the way it is we'll move on and look for someone else

aberhibsfc
24-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Any news on the Deek's front yet?

Would love to see him and ALF up top.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Any news on the Deek's front yet?

Would love to see him and ALF up top.

http://www.backtotheeighties.net/images/alf21.jpg

Hibs class?

Northern Hibby
25-05-2011, 12:22 PM

Ryan Giggs again :confused:

Saorsa
25-05-2011, 02:02 PM
if we dont get them, we dont get them. Thats just the way it is we'll move on and look for someone elseand stop looking usually after we have reached the bottom of the barrel. :wink: