PDA

View Full Version : £500,000 loss

James70
23-05-2011, 01:27 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-slump-will-cost-500000.6772936.jp

The bulk of this due to CC's experimenting in the last few games of the season, (if indeed he was experimenting).

Can't see Rod being too happy about this and it will certainly drastically reduce the budget for new blood. Let's all hope our manager knows what he's doing or we could be on a downwards spiral and next season could be even worse than last season.

GreenCastle
23-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Why the big difference from 2nd to 3rd ? :confused:

The richer getting richer :rolleyes:

Saorsa
23-05-2011, 01:36 PM

The richer getting richer :rolleyes:I cannae think why :rolleyes:

Woody1985
23-05-2011, 01:37 PM
It's not really a loss of 500,000. It's comparing prize money and gates from not finishing 4th compared with tenth.

You'd be as well saying we lost x million from not finishing 1st.

Everyone starts the season at the same point, you can't lose what you never had....

Cocaine&Caviar
23-05-2011, 01:37 PM

The bulk of this due to CC's experimenting in the last few games of the season, (if indeed he was experimenting).

Can't see Rod being too happy about this and it will certainly drastically reduce the budget for new blood. Let's all hope our manager knows what he's doing or we could be on a downwards spiral and next season could be even worse than last season.

Hardly, its £500,000 less than finishing where we did last season which hadnt been on the cards since November. The experimenting you mention post split has meant £0.88m instead of £1.12m for 7th place.

HibsMax
23-05-2011, 02:12 PM

Did CC's experimenting take us all the way from 4th down to 10th? Were we in 4th when Yogi departed? Perhaps if we persisted with Yogi we could have been odds on favourites to pick up 1st place in the first division next season? :wink:

patlowe
23-05-2011, 02:38 PM
The issue here is what position we budget for each year in terms of prize money - any one got an idea?

James70
23-05-2011, 02:44 PM
We should have gone into the last five games of the season with the intention of proving we were the best of the rest, instead we lost to teams who could barely buy a result until they played us.

Apart from costing us a hell of a lot of money in bonuses the performances haven't exactly encouraged fans to go out and invest in season tickets.

I know we haven't incurred a loss of £500k but if we had finished 7th instead of 10th we would have been in a much better position financially and the fans would have been more likely to invest for a new season.

All I am saying is that if CC was experimenting then it has been a very costly experiment.

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2011, 02:47 PM
We should have gone into the last five games of the season with the intention of proving we were the best of the rest, instead we lost to teams who could barely buy a result until they played us.

Apart from costing us a hell of a lot of money in bonuses the performances haven't exactly encouraged fans to go out and invest in season tickets.

I know we haven't incurred a loss of £500k but if we had finished 7th instead of 10th we would have been in a much better position financially and the fans would have been more likely to invest for a new season.

All I am saying is that if CC was experimenting then it has been a very costly experiment.

We are not in a position to judge that yet. If, by trying out different formations and players at this stage, we start off stronger next season... and continue that way... then i would suggest that it would turn out to be a very profitable experiment.

Scouse Hibee
23-05-2011, 03:12 PM

Experimenting with different players/positions or not, there can be no excuse for the total lacklustre effort shown by most of the players in the games after the split. As so called professionals their attitude and lack of application was apalling.
Performance related pay is the answer to this overpaid bunch of wasters.

ancient hibee
23-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Experimenting with different players/positions or not, there can be no excuse for the total lacklustre effort shown by most of the players in the games after the split. As so called professionals their attitude and lack of application was apalling.
Performance related pay is the answer to this overpaid bunch of wasters.
They already get that-it's called win bonuses.

hibsquaker
23-05-2011, 08:08 PM

The richer getting richer :rolleyes:

Wow, that has certainly opened my eyes. What a joke. An absolute disgrace.

ancient hibee
23-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Wow, that has certainly opened my eyes. What a joke. An absolute disgrace.
You wouldn't think that if we finished 2nd.

smurf
23-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Typical... Blame the manager...

Didn't we have a very poor season because we sold stokes at the last minute and replaced him with TWO cheap duds that chipped in with a big fat ZERO and therefore lack of firepower cost us?

stokesmessiah
23-05-2011, 08:23 PM

Didn't we have a very poor season because we sold stokes at the last minute and replaced him with TWO cheap duds that chipped in with a big fat ZERO and therefore lack of firepower cost us?

Oh i sense an opportunity for you to have yet another boring pop at the board.....wait til i get comfy....right, go !!! :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
23-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Oh i sense an opportunity for you to have yet another boring pop at the board.....wait til i get comfy....right, go !!! :rolleyes:

I think smurf's post related to CC's predecessor as opposed to the Board :wink:

stokesmessiah
23-05-2011, 08:39 PM
I think smurf's post related to CC's predecessor as opposed to the Board :wink:

I dont !

Jonnyboy
23-05-2011, 08:40 PM
I dont !

No doubt he'll correct one of us :greengrin

stokesmessiah
23-05-2011, 08:52 PM
No doubt he'll correct one of us :greengrin

:greengrin

Andy74
23-05-2011, 08:54 PM
It's not really a loss of 500,000. It's comparing prize money and gates from not finishing 4th compared with tenth.

You'd be as well saying we lost x million from not finishing 1st

Everyone starts the season at the same point, you can't lose what you never had....
Its compared to last season so it's £500k less money than we had last year.

ScottB
23-05-2011, 09:03 PM

Indeed. I remember how amazing we were at the end of last season with Stokes leading the charge as we won all those games.

Oh wait.

Yeah, cause all that was missing this season was Stokes.

sesoim
23-05-2011, 10:30 PM

You'd be as well saying we lost x million from not finishing 1st.

Realistically, Calderwood should have been able to get us 7th at least, so he has definitely cost us £240k. Unless we finish three places HIGHER than we should next season (which is virtually impossible), or we get good runs in the cup, then his "experimenting" will have been a waste of time and money.

I'd say it's just another example of how clueless (and slightly bonkers?) CC has been since he arrived, but I'll leave that for now. But it does go to prove that these last few games WERE still important (whatever anybody says) and the lackadaisical approach of many at the club has cost us dearly again.

GreenCastle
23-05-2011, 10:44 PM
You wouldn't think that if we finished 2nd.

But we don't and Rangers and Celtic have pretty much finished 1st and 2nd for the last 26 years. :rolleyes:

ScottB
23-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Realistically, Calderwood should have been able to get us 7th at least, so he has definitely cost us £240k. Unless we finish three places HIGHER than we should next season (which is virtually impossible), or we get good runs in the cup, then his "experimenting" will have been a waste of time and money.

I'd say it's just another example of how clueless (and slightly bonkers?) CC has been since he arrived, but I'll leave that for now. But it does go to prove that these last few games WERE still important (whatever anybody says) and the lackadaisical approach of many at the club has cost us dearly again.

Considering that collective bunch of lazy no hopers could barely buy a win for the year and a half up to this point, save a 6 game run. What suggests to you that we could / should have beaten all the other bottom 6 teams?

When / has any Hibs team ever done anything of note post split for that matter?

Why single out 5 games under CC? You could as easily note if Hughes had figured out the tactics he used weren't working and hadn't been for months on end and picked up a few more earlier in the season.

Calderwood was facing large numbers of players going out of contract, surely it makes sense to see if any of those guys are worth keeping by giving them a game? In any case I didn't notice us fielding 11 different players every other week at any stage.

Woody1985
23-05-2011, 11:33 PM

I know but it's a bull**** figure. If the title was hibs earn 500 less than last season it would make sense.

It's just sensationalising a figure for the sake of it.

Scouse Hibee
24-05-2011, 07:23 AM
They already get that-it's called win bonuses.

:rolleyes: Very good, however I said performance related not result related.

Lucius Apuleius
24-05-2011, 08:37 AM
:rolleyes: Very good, however I said performance related not result related.

Who would be judge and jury and decide who deserves it?

Scouse Hibee
24-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Who would be judge and jury and decide who deserves it?

I'm sure some system similar to Opta could give performance related data.

EasterRoad4Ever
24-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Hardly, its £500,000 less than finishing where we did last season which hadnt been on the cards since November. The experimenting you mention post split has meant £0.88m instead of £1.12m for 7th place.

Need to balance that with the lack of win bonuses paid out to our underperforming players !

Stevie Reid
24-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Considering that collective bunch of lazy no hopers could barely buy a win for the year and a half up to this point, save a 6 game run. What suggests to you that we could / should have beaten all the other bottom 6 teams?

When / has any Hibs team ever done anything of note post split for that matter?

Why single out 5 games under CC? You could as easily note if Hughes had figured out the tactics he used weren't working and hadn't been for months on end and picked up a few more earlier in the season.

Calderwood was facing large numbers of players going out of contract, surely it makes sense to see if any of those guys are worth keeping by giving them a game? In any case I didn't notice us fielding 11 different players every other week at any stage.

Because beating the bottom 6 teams in a favourable run of fixtures is the ONE thing that Calderwood managed to do in his time here. We had 4 of our last 6 games at home against teams teams below us and we took one point - how can you think that is excusable for ANY Hibs team?

And let's not kid ourselves that there were some wild experiments going on in those games either - bar the ICT game, the teams put out were near enough our strongest. However, even if there had been massive changes made for each of these games, the lack of effort and desire shown by the players would still be shameful.

We had an horrendous run last year, but at least we managed to win 4 points out of 6 from our last 2 away games to get 4th and into Europe - funny how Yogi got destroyed despite us taking points in those 2 very meaningful games, yet Calderwood is off the hook despite the fact that we finished the season with 1 point out of a possible 18 and 4 straight defeats resulting in us being £500K worse off than we were under Hughes.

Anyone at this club whose ability has been in question for the last few years has been detroyed on here - the excuses made for Calderwood are ridiculous. Hopefully the changes in management and playing personnel over the summer can turn things around, but we're praying for a miracle at the moment.

freddie m
24-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Remember the win/draw bonus payments have been reduced this season compared to last year. This year won 10, drawn 7. Last year won 15, drawn 9 representing a difference of 7.
The main problems that we have regarding losing money are the constant changeover of managers. This creates poor morale & over inflated squads resulting in seasons like the one just past. CC strikes me as a very intelligent man who knows the game well & has played at the highest level. These ingredients do not always make up great managers however, here in the SPL with the correct resources i.e. decent money (which outside the old firm & hearts we have) a little bit of intelligence & football knowledge is all you require to succeed.

Glory glory

:flag::flag::flag:

Lucius Apuleius
24-05-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm sure some system similar to Opta could give performance related data.

Much would that cost?

Andy74
24-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Much would that cost?

500k. Sorry, no longer in the budget. :greengrin

Mikey
24-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Remember the win/draw bonus payments have been reduced this season compared to last year.

Have they?

Is that a real FACT or a hibs.net FACT?

Lucius Apuleius
24-05-2011, 11:27 AM
500k. Sorry, no longer in the budget. :greengrin

That was my point :greengrin

Andy74
24-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Have they?

Is that a real FACT or a hibs.net FACT?

It's a real fact that we had less wins anyway.

BEEJ
24-05-2011, 11:53 AM
We had an horrendous run last year, but at least we managed to win 4 points out of 6 from our last 2 away games to get 4th and into Europe - funny how Yogi got destroyed despite us taking points in those 2 very meaningful games, yet Calderwood is off the hook despite the fact that we finished the season with 1 point out of a possible 18 and 4 straight defeats resulting in us being £500K worse off than we were under Hughes.

Anyone at this club whose ability has been in question for the last few years has been detroyed on here - the excuses made for Calderwood are ridiculous. Hopefully the changes in management and playing personnel over the summer can turn things around, but we're praying for a miracle at the moment.
So while re-iterating that CC has your support and presumably you'll give him time over the summer, you're desperate for posters on Hibs.net to show some 'consistency' and give CC an utter pasting, calling him all the names under the sun with a few GTFs thrown in for good measure.

At every opportunity you and a few others pile in on this subject in an effort to whip up an anti-CC campaign on the basis that otherwise your fellow supporters would be guilty of appalling double standards (not, apparently, because you want him out).

**** stirring of the highest order. Congratulations.

You'll get your wishes soon enough in the new season if the summer window proves to be as fruitless as last year's was.

Stevie Reid
24-05-2011, 12:29 PM
So while re-iterating that CC has your support and presumably you'll give him time over the summer, you're desperate for posters on Hibs.net to show some 'consistency' and give CC an utter pasting, calling him all the names under the sun with a few GTFs thrown in for good measure.

At every opportunity you and a few others pile in on this subject in an effort to whip up an anti-CC campaign on the basis that otherwise your fellow supporters would be guilty of appalling double standards (not, apparently, because you want him out).

**** stirring of the highest order. Congratulations.

You'll get your wishes soon enough in the new season if the summer window proves to be as fruitless as last year's was.

:faf: ****ing brilliant

Scouse Hibee
24-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Much would that cost?

If we had it installed last season it would have paid for itself by now :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
24-05-2011, 01:57 PM
If we had it installed last season it would have paid for itself by now :greengrin

Cannot deny that one.:agree:

HibsMax
24-05-2011, 01:59 PM
We are not in a position to judge that yet. If, by trying out different formations and players at this stage, we start off stronger next season... and continue that way... then i would suggest that it would turn out to be a very profitable experiment.

Precisely. Though the results were not pretty, CC may still have gained enough information from these games to help him make some final decisions.

An experiment that does not give you the results you are looking for is not necessarily a failed experiment, you just learned something that you didn't expect to learn.

Personally speaking I would prefer for Hibs to have a great start to next season rather than a strong finish to a season that is already over.