PDA

View Full Version : Yams Yams to leave the Tin Castle?

Pages : [1] 2

hibs0666
22-05-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm hearing that the yams will soon announce a move away from Tynecastle.

Has anyone else heard the same?

PaulSmith
22-05-2011, 09:47 PM

Yes. If you look back at previous posts I said they'd be selling Tiny and proposed move to Hermiston with Murray.
Playing at murrayfield until then

CropleyWasGod
22-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Forgive the stupid question, but how would they pay for this?

Hank Schrader
22-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Yes. If you look back at previous posts I said they'd be selling Tiny and proposed move to Hermiston with Murray.

Has anyone confirmed if their famous "best atmosphere in Scottish football" will be moving with them? :dunno:

PS - Just seen a glimpse of their new home kit, apart from the ridiculous Wonga sponsor its a decent effort, even for a shade of bloodied turd...

hibs0666
22-05-2011, 09:53 PM

Just looked at the the kickback site and there's a lot of yams expecting some sort of announcement along the lines you are suggesting.

Flat flats glorious flats? :wink:

Hank Schrader
22-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Just looked at the the kickback site and there's a lot of yams expecting some sort of announcement along the lines you are suggesting.

Flat flats glorious flats? :wink:

If the scenario is "sell tynecastle, reduce debt and move to Murrayfield" it will be interesting to see how they react towards the wonderful "Mr" Romanov.

Will he subjected to the same abuse as Chris Robinson? :dunno:

Sergey
22-05-2011, 10:07 PM
I didn't foresee this day happening :fibber:

And the world was supposed to finish yesterday :agree:

hibs0666
22-05-2011, 10:07 PM
If the scenario is "sell tynecastle, reduce debt and move to Murrayfield" it will be interesting to see how they react towards the wonderful "Mr" Romanov.

Will he subjected to the same abuse as Chris Robinson? :dunno:

They've been taking it up the jacksie for so long now I think all the fight is now out of them.

In fact, I'm sure they will convince themselves that it is actually a good idea. :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
22-05-2011, 10:16 PM
jesting aside and a few jittery moments if Vlad decided to pull the plug after selling tynie leaving them in the lurch at Murrayfield...

Would this really be a bad move for them?

Take a hit in atmosphere at Murrayfield for reduced and shared costs with the SRU?

iwasthere1972
22-05-2011, 10:16 PM
That would be funny if they had to play at Murrayfield.

The West Ham of Scotland.

Hank Schrader
22-05-2011, 10:18 PM
In fact, I'm sure they will convince themselves that it is actually a good idea. :wink:

Of that I have absolutely no doubt. Meeshta Romanov can do hee haw wrong in their eyes. I love how the penny is dropping over the road. The rumour initially was of a potential new buyer but they aren't interested in that because it will lead to "mediocrity". Something they are going to have to get used to anyway because Hearts cannot continue to spend in the fashion that they are.

The heirachy will no doubt use the failure to get planning permission as the reason for the move but in reality Vlads room for manoevere has been lessened in recent years. The club continues to haemorrage money and there is only so much debt forgiveness and equity swaps that will cover that. Assets have to be sold and the fact that their squad doesn't have a Craig Gordon to cash in on, the only thing they have to peddle is their manky stadium.

The hilarous thing is the sale of the PBS won't even nearly cover the debt. They will still have a negative balance sheet and substantial net debt and little or no assets. And ground rent will be a new, HUGE expense for them adding to their losses. If they move to Murrayfield they will lose some of the die hard fans too. Can they afford to lose 1000-2000 season ticket sales a year. In my opinion they will lose supporters if this is the scenario.

If true this will be a massive upheaval for Hearts and a damaging one.

Dashing Bob S
22-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Hearts are being cruelly kept alive by a despot who is letting them rack up loads of debt for the odd UEFA Cup slot, then destabilsing the club the next year, so that it can't even finish in the top six despite having the third highest - by some length - wage bill in Scotland.

It's a bit like a weird controlling mother who has a morbidly obese bedridden daughter, who can't get up, can't do anything and is just blimping, while she shoves more McDonald's into the girl and whispers in her ear how beautiful mother thinks she is.

He must have better things to do with his life than maintain this costly farce indefinitely, this would probably be his first step in extricating himself from the mess and doing a runner. What took you so long, Vlad?

CropleyWasGod
22-05-2011, 10:24 PM

Whilst I could see, just about, the Murrayfield scenario, I just can't see the Hermiston one. Do you mean buying or renting? The former, in Hearts current position, is a non-starter IMO.

northgreen24
22-05-2011, 10:27 PM
jesting aside and a few jittery moments if Vlad decided to pull the plug after selling tynie leaving them in the lurch at Murrayfield...

Would this really be a bad move for them?

Take a hit in atmosphere at Murrayfield for reduced and shared costs with the SRU?

yeah but once you have made the move then you have nothing left. I think jambos have followed foolishy for years thinking that romanov will finally show some cash and this debt will disapear when infact the reality that everyone else knew was that they could not sustain the expense ect (no XXXX)

should they sell tini they will still carry debt now but have no assets. 6 years ago they could have cleared all debt and moved to murryfield so how has he done anything positve?????

not a bad sunday night :)

Viva_Palmeiras
22-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Of that I have absolutely no doubt. Meeshta Romanov can do hee haw wrong in their eyes. I love how the penny is dropping over the road. The rumour initially was of a potential new buyer but they aren't interested in that because it will lead to "mediocrity". Something they are going to have to get used to anyway because Hearts cannot continue to spend in the fashion that they are.

The heirachy will no doubt use the failure to get planning permission as the reason for the move but in reality Vlads room for manoevere has been lessened in recent years. The club continues to haemorrage money and there is only so much debt forgiveness and equity swaps that will cover that. Assets have to be sold and the fact that their squad doesn't have a Craig Gordon to cash in on, the only thing they have to peddle is their manky stadium.

The hilarous thing is the sale of the PBS won't even nearly cover the debt. They will still have a negative balance sheet and substantial net debt and little or no assets. And ground rent will be a new, HUGE expense for them adding to their losses. If they move to Murrayfield they will lose some of the die hard fans too. Can they afford to lose 1000-2000 season ticket sales a year. In my opinion they will lose supporters if this is the scenario.

If true this will be a massive upheaval for Hearts and a damaging one.

Murrayfield is no more than a hop skip and a jump from Tynie. The Yams have a habit of being able to swallow whats put their way so I'd imagine the discenters would be soon silences as disloyal.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-05-2011, 10:29 PM
yeah but once you have made the move then you have nothing left. I think jambos have followed foolishy for years thinking that romanov will finally show some cash and this debt will disapear when infact the reality that everyone else knew was that they could not sustain the expense ect (no XXXX)

should they sell tini they will still carry debt now but have no assets. 6 years ago they could have cleared all debt and moved to murryfield so how has he done anything positve?????

not a bady sunday nights :)

Gotcha sorry a few stellas sunk so thinking impaired obviously :wink:

northgreen24
22-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Gotcha sorry a few stellas sunk so thinking impaired obviously :wink:

:greengrin

I just cant see how they can hound out chris robinson and then swallow this senario.

o wait they are jambos and logic/reason dosent count

Hank Schrader
22-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Murrayfield is no more than a hop skip and a jump from Tynie. The Yams have a habit of being able to swallow whats put their way so I'd imagine the discenters would be soon silences as disloyal.

Its in the same side of town I agree but some of the plums will have difficulty with their new location and loss of some of the clubs heritage. I have no doubt leaving their home of over a hundred years will be a massive kick in the conkers for most Hearts fans.

Its being suggested over the road that the Hearts board are to put a consultation to the fans and that Murrayfield is not one of the options.

We will find out tomorrow apparantly. Regular Kickback helmet Craigieboy seems in the know and is convinced the news is a blow for the club. Effin hope so.

hibs0666
22-05-2011, 10:35 PM
not a bady sunday nights :)

Hope they are selling tickets for their impending AGM where Mini Me will no doubt explain why Tynescatle is a ******hole after all and is in fact holding the 400,000 yams back from ruling the known universe.

Ewan Murray the Guradian writer and known yam is saying that the consultation process will be announced tomorrow morning, but Murrayfield is not an option.

Would be funny if they propose a ground share at the Leith San Siro as one of the possibilities. :wink:

Col2
22-05-2011, 10:43 PM
If they announce they are going to Murrayfield after all and selling the PBS with no other confirmed option other than 'Ideas'......I will need to take a day off work as I will be Pis@@ng myself stupid.

The pieman was right after all!

ScottB
22-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Haven't we come to the conclusion that the ownership of the Stadium has already been transfered elsewhere, given the large amount they are paying under 'rent' in their last set of accounts?

If so, this is the Mad One selling off the one part of the business worth anything of note, then getting them to agree to a move to some sort of future stadium, either built by Murray or himself, with a stop off at Murrayfield in the meantime?

Thus when fancy future stadium falls through, he announces he's fed up with the Council, the SFA, the dark evil forces behind the anti Hearts conspiracy and pulls the plug...

I know their rather large kickback style group of Believers will eat this up as gospel, but the second they leave Tynecastle with nowhere existing to go to will be the beginning of their death throes for sure.

northgreen24
22-05-2011, 10:49 PM
If they announce they are going to Murrayfield after all and selling the PBS with no other confirmed option other than 'Ideas'......I will need to take a day off work as I will be Pis@@ng myself stupid.

The pieman was right after all!

:thumbsup:

The cant have any confirmed options as the murry plans are just that

please let it be true

Peevemor
22-05-2011, 10:50 PM
The talk on Brokeback is that they'll be getting into bed with David Murray at Hermiston, but they wouldn't own the stadium.

SteveHFC
22-05-2011, 10:50 PM
It would be really funny if they have to leave Tynecastle.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-05-2011, 10:51 PM
:thumbsup:

The cant have any confirmed options as the murry plans are just that

please let it be true

Are land prices as depressed as the general housing market? I'm imaging so as the council gave up on the idea of selling Meadowbank as a result...

northgreen24
22-05-2011, 10:54 PM
The talk on Brokeback is that they'll be getting into bed with David Murray at Hermiston, but they wouldn't own the stadium.

this is the same david murry that almost bankrupt rangers and has seen them penny pinch for the last few years

northgreen24
22-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Are land prices as depressed as the general housing market? I'm imaging so as the council gave up on the idea of selling Meadowbank as a result...

Im no expert but 6 years ago they would have got 20 odd million but now wouldnt imagine much more that 12-14.

Westie1875
22-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Hope they are selling tickets for their impending AGM where Mini Me will no doubt explain why Tynescatle is a ******hole after all and is in fact holding the 400,000 yams back from ruling the known universe.

Ewan Murray the Guradian writer and known yam is saying that the consultation process will be announced tomorrow morning, but Murrayfield is not an option.

Would be funny if they propose a ground share at the Leith San Siro as one of the possibilities. :wink:

Where else could they go, they don't have funds to build somewhere new? :confused:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-05-2011, 10:59 PM
New Hertz song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju_a2-Pve4g

HibeeSince85
22-05-2011, 11:02 PM
We hear this all the time and like cockroaches(quite an apt description) they always come through it.

If it does happen though I'll take great pleasure in ripping every yam I know to shreds and pissing myself laughing.

Nae luck yams, nae luck.

Hank Schrader
22-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Im no expert but 6 years ago they would have got 20 odd million but now wouldnt imagine much more that 12-14.

Exactly.

Someone over the road has mentioned that all the debt of equity swaps are designed to get the debt down to a level where if they sold the stadium they would clear the debt.

I think they need many more swaps before they get anywhere near potential parity. They also need to factor in a large Capital Gains Tax bill for the sale of Tynecastle which could run close to a million blabs.

hibs0666
22-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Where else could they go, they don't have funds to build somewhere new? :confused:

Saughton Enclosure is fine and handy.

Spike Mandela
22-05-2011, 11:06 PM
I would imagine any press release will merely say they are exploring the options of moving away from Tynie due to the protracted nature of the planning application.

Not sure of their potential motives though. Only the mad one is I suppose.

Westie1875
22-05-2011, 11:12 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-poll-fans-on-leaving.6772721.jp

NYHibby
22-05-2011, 11:13 PM
How would this work around the 6 nations, autumn tests and the Edinburgh rugby team's schedules? Since the SRU control all three, I would imagine Hearts would have to schedule around them. I can't imagine the rest of the SPL would be happy rugby is partially dictating their schedules.

I would guess that the rent would be less than the maintenance and mortgage of the PBS. The SRU would effectively be selling off excess capacity and Hearts would be able to get a decent deal. There would be savings here.

The new expense would be if they had to find new office space.

Haven't we come to the conclusion that the ownership of the Stadium has already been transfered elsewhere, given the large amount they are paying under 'rent' in their last set of accounts?

No, it was the rent for an office building. The accounts posted here the day do not show the sale of the stadium. Other people were saying it was the building intended for the bank branch on Castle Street. Maybe Hearts offices will be moving there after the stadium sale. It would explain why this expense is on their books.

northgreen24
22-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Published Date: 23 May 2011
By STUART BATHGATE
Hearts have paved the way for a possible move from Tynecastle, their home for the past 125 years, by launching a survey of supporters' opinions about alternative venues.
The questionnaire, which is accessible from this morning on the club's official website, allows fans to opt for Tynecastle as their preferred option. But one of the aims of the survey, it is understood, is to prepare supporters for a move which the board of directors believe is becoming increasingly preferable on economic grounds.

Hearts are anxious to stress that this consultation exercise is very different from the situation the club was in seven years ago, when then chief executive Chris Robinson planned to sell Tynecastle and play home games at Murrayfield, home of the Scottish Rugby Union.

Club sources insist that any new ground would be wholly or jointly owned by Hearts, and that supporters will play a key role in deciding where the ground is and what facilities will be on offer there.

Nonetheless, after years in which the board, under the guidance of majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov, have been working on a planned redevelopment and expansion of Tynecastle, the questionnaire will come as a shock to many fans.

The online survey, consisting of around 40 questions, will run until 1 July. The opinions gleaned from it will then be used to inform what the club is calling "a joint study between the City of Edinburgh Council and Hearts to look at potential redevelopment of Tynecastle and possible alternative development options elsewhere in Edinburgh".

Romanov's plans for the revamping of the Gorgie ground have already been significantly downgraded once in the light of adverse economic conditions, from a rebuilding of Tynecastle and a thorough renovation of the surrounding area, to the construction of a new main stand. Now, the preferred view within the club is that a new venue elsewhere is far more likely to generate the revenue the heavily indebted club requires.

Hearts have estimated that the cost of building a new, bigger main stand at Tynecastle would be in excess of £20 million. The cost of constructing a new, 30,000-seater stadium would be somewhere between £30m and £45m. Sources suggest that the latter option would be preferable because, in addition to the extra money generated by a capacity more than 10,000 greater than the present ground, other facilities within the new venue could produce revenue far exceeding Tynecastle's capabilities.

The survey will be used as a guide to which facilities are likely to be popular, with options including a cinema, a bar and restaurants. Concerts are another possibility, while the involvement of the council could lead to Edinburgh Rugby using a new ground as their home venue

NYHibby
22-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I think they need many more swaps before they get anywhere near potential parity. They also need to factor in a large Capital Gains Tax bill for the sale of Tynecastle which could run close to a million blabs.

Not an expert on British corporate taxation, but could they not carry forward previous losses and apply them to a capital gain tax?

matty_f
22-05-2011, 11:18 PM
So, the questionnaire is going to be available on their official website in the morning. Would be brutal if a few hobos hijacked it. :rolleyes:

Just saying, likes.

Also noted that they'd prefer a 30k seater for the extra income the additional 10k plus seats would bring. They're not selling the PBS out just now, what on earth makes them think they'll get more in an out of town site?

ScottB

Gotta love the logic...

Bigger stadium = more revenue. Assuming they'll have 30k crowds each week then?

Concerts and the like will come. Oh will they?

Seems a lot of pretty basic assumptions to me...

hibs0666
Exactly.

Someone over the road has mentioned that all the debt of equity swaps are designed to get the debt down to a level where if they sold the stadium they would clear the debt.

All they need to do is find a new site, buy it and find £30-odd million to build a new pink shed.

Nae bother. :wink:

Hank Schrader
22-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Also noted that they'd prefer a 30k seater for the extra income the additional 10k plus seats would bring. They're not selling the PBS out just now, what on earth makes them think they'll get more in an out of town site?

:agree:

Another Jambo pipe dream.

ScottB
22-05-2011, 11:24 PM
So, the questionnaire is going to be available on their official website in the morning. Would be brutal if a few hobos hijacked it. :rolleyes:

Just saying, likes.

One would more likely assume that it isn't out with the realms of possibility that the Mad One himself may doctor the results accordingly to suit his plans.

Pure speculation of course...

Hank Schrader
22-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Not an expert on British corporate taxation, but could they not carry forward previous losses and apply them to a capital gain tax?

Very good point but whether CGT gains can be set off against Corporation tax losses I am not sure. I think Caversham Green could maybe confirm that one.

Archie70
22-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Mark my words this'll be another Council carve up akin to the Buttefly site.
They'll buy the land at Tincastle for an overinflated price and gift them a piece of land, Sighthill where the flats are coming down, for nowt. They'll jump into bed with Murray and with his and the Councils assistance they'll get their stadium. The Yam Council will see to it. Fact!

Jones28
22-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Interesting, how long would they be at Murrayfield for then?

Nothing has been started on the new Stadium has it?

And what happens when most Jambos say no to the move and they need to start again? :aok:

stoneyburn hibs
23-05-2011, 12:15 AM

picture of vlad :offski::faf:

Greentinted
23-05-2011, 12:24 AM
"Wherever Hearts go, I will follow"

:vladsheep: :ostrich: :jamboclow

Deluded, insignificant, wannabee twats!

(What happens when they don't have a shadow for us weeteamers always to be in?)

sesoim
23-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Interesting, how long would they be at Murrayfield for then?

They'll end up stuck at Murrayfield. Even after selling Tynecastle they'll still be in debt, and interest rates will rise soon. No money, no stadium, high rents and rising debts to pay off, plus annoyed fans. Serves them all right. They've artificially maintained a higher position in the league than they should have because of their overspending over the years. Hopefully the scheidt will hit the fan soon.

LeithBoozy
23-05-2011, 02:01 AM
If a team need help as badly as Hearts do to find a new home and a team not a 1000 miles away have a first-class, state of the art stadium. Then it must make sense to ground-share, yes I am suggesting that the jambo's and Aberdeen at least think about it. :greengrin

down the slope
23-05-2011, 06:45 AM
Some Yams insisting that the council take a hit with any land price to help bail them out !, nothing they do is going to save them. Vlad owns everything now and it sounds like he wants his cash back.

Barney McGrew
23-05-2011, 07:05 AM
They'll buy the land at Tincastle for an overinflated price and gift them a piece of land, Sighthill where the flats are coming down, for nowt. They'll jump into bed with Murray and with his and the Councils assistance they'll get their stadium. The Yam Council will see to it. Fact!

This. There's a line in the Scotsman article about Edinburgh Rugby possibly being involved in any new stadium.

What's the bets the council gets in bed with them and Hertz to build a 'community' stadium that involves them bankrolling it and bailing the yams out of jail?

Gatecrasher
23-05-2011, 07:12 AM
if their debt is nearly £37 Million and Tynecastle is worth £20 million at the best of times, how can they afford to build a brand new stadium which will cost £30-£45 million?

They will be much worse off

Kaiser1962
23-05-2011, 07:27 AM

Just saying, likes.

Like those of us managing to stay undercover on kickback???

Wouldnt dream of it:whistle:

Do we know which way we're voting yet?

Kaiser1962
23-05-2011, 07:28 AM
This. There's a line in the Scotsman article about Edinburgh Rugby possibly being involved in any new stadium.

What's the bets the council gets in bed with them and Hertz to build a 'community' stadium that involves them bankrolling it and bailing the yams out of jail?

This is the one I think

hibsbollah
23-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Maybe a return to their spiritual home of Roseburn Park...plenty of room for a 60,000+ capacity stadium there. Good times for hearts fans up ahead, i fear. We really are the wee team:scarf:

Barney McGrew
23-05-2011, 07:32 AM
This is the one I think

It's a stick on. Dressed up as something that's 'good' for the people of Edinburgh. The only downside for Hertz would be that it's likely that the council would insist on some sort of athletics facility i.e. a running track, since they would probably sell off Meadowbank to partly fund it.

There's some interesting conspiracy theories on Sickboak just now too, one detailing a deal that was just about done for Hertz to buy Murrayfield when the Pieman was in charge to one where they suggest Romanov is ready to sell Hertz (the club) and keep the PBS and rent it back to them in the meantime while this new ground option is explored.

By the way, if they're going to knock it down does anyone know where I sign up to drive one of the bulldozers? :devil:

Betty Boop
23-05-2011, 07:32 AM

I object to my council tax funding anything to do with them ! :greengrin

lapsedhibee
23-05-2011, 07:41 AM
It's a stick on. Dressed up as something that's 'good' for the people of Edinburgh. The only downside for Hertz would be that it's likely that the council would insist on some sort of athletics facility i.e. a running track, since they would probably sell off Meadowbank to partly fund it.

Wherever this new 30,000 seater is, it's essential that the tram runs direct to it from the airport. That's the only way the stadium will be full every week, by our council tax providing the infrastructure necessary to tap in to the worldwide 400,000. Awkward for Salmond though, with his intention to freeze council tax and that.

chrisski33
23-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Im glad that i.moved out of edinburgh and that none of.my council.tax will go towardz the councils plans if true. Taxpayers shudnt be used to help.bail out a club like the yams.

number 27
23-05-2011, 07:45 AM

I think they may be out of luck on this. No doubt the previous Labour council would
have bent over for them but there has been nothing so far to suggest the current lot will be so compliant.

bingo70
23-05-2011, 08:04 AM
How long do safety certificates last for? I was told on saturday that they struggled to get one last year for the asbestos stand so i don't know if this is linked to the possible move away from the pbs?

I know nothing about this kind of thing though so it may be complete nonsense.

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Very good point but whether CGT gains can be set off against Corporation tax losses I am not sure. I think Caversham Green could maybe confirm that one.

They can't. Only Capital losses can be set aginst Gains.

lapsedhibee
23-05-2011, 08:08 AM
They can't. Only Capital losses can be set aginst Gains.

CGT would be 28% of the difference between buying and selling price, I think, but before doing that calculation the yams can deduct all the millions they've spent on upgrading (not maintaining) the pink place in the intervening years, can they not? :dunno:

down the slope
23-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Here it is from their website http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110523/stadium-redevelopment_2241384_2363777

I see there is a survey that "supporters" can take part in !!!.

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2011, 08:09 AM
CGT would be 28% of the difference between buying and selling price, I think, but before doing that calculation the yams can deduct all the millions they've spent on upgrading (not maintaining) the pink place in the intervening years, can they not? :dunno:

Yes.

half.time.draw.
23-05-2011, 08:10 AM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/page/StadiumSurvey

Do your worst lads:aok:

Sergey
23-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Gymnasium - Cinema - Hotel - Conference Suites - Shops

They're not going to fall for this old ruse AGAIN, are they?

s.a.m
23-05-2011, 08:19 AM

That was my first thought when I read the article.

I think they may be out of luck on this. No doubt the previous Labour council would
have bent over for them but there has been nothing so far to suggest the current lot will be so compliant.

If the consultation is a joint exercise between Hearts and the Council (can't remember if that was in the quoted article, or if it was another post...), you would have to assume that they are interested in offering them some kind of arrangement.

hibsbollah
23-05-2011, 08:19 AM
very interesting set of questions...'would you be in favour of sharing the stadium with rugby events'...sounds like thats been pre-determined then.

in seriousness they are at least making an effort to canvass the fans' views.

hibs0666
23-05-2011, 08:20 AM

Gutted that they are not considering a war-winners memorial at the new ground.

Good to see the kickback yams are full-square behind moving house - what a job Mad King Bambo has done on them. :thumbsup:

Saorsa
23-05-2011, 08:21 AM
very interesting set of questions...'would you be in favour of sharing the stadium with rugby events'...sounds like thats been pre-determined then.

in seriousness they are at least making an effort to canvass the fans' views.The SPL asked the fans what they wanted but have decided tae ignore that and press ahead with what they want anyway. The survey means f' all, just trying tae placate the maroon morons, Vlad will do as he pleases :agree: :greengrin

hibs0666
23-05-2011, 08:23 AM

I read it as more as a sales pitch to be honest.

Beefster
23-05-2011, 08:29 AM
As much as it will pain most of us, if they get a swanky stadium on the outskirts of Edinburgh and don't end up at Murrayfield permanently then it makes perfect economical sense long-term. PBS is an absolute hole which is severely restricted in how it can be redeveloped.

Saorsa
23-05-2011, 08:31 AM
As much as it will pain most of us, if they get a swanky stadium on the outskirts of Edinburgh and don't end up at Murrayfield permanently then it makes perfect economical sense long-term. PBS is an absolute hole which is severely restricted in how it can be redeveloped.I couldnae give a tinkers curse where they end up as long as they pay for it.

Barney McGrew
23-05-2011, 08:32 AM

Good to see the kickback yams are full-square behind moving house - what a job Mad King Bambo has done on them. :thumbsup:

Six years on from when they hounded Robinson out because they had an £18m debt and were going to be moving from Tincastle, they're twice that in the red, still intent on moving and they're patting Vlad on the back.

You honestly could not make it up.

lapsedhibee
23-05-2011, 08:37 AM

Think they are though. Box to tick if you want a "remembrance room". All yams will tick this, and demand will escalate for a full blown outdoor statue of McCrae on a hoss. :wink:

ScottB
23-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Given that the Council faces either paying out to complete the tramline, or paying to cancel it, added to the freeze imposed by Government, I honestly can't see anyway they'll be able to help Hearts. Never mind the voter backlash from squandering money on a stadium at a time that critical services will be getting cut (and they'd need to be to find the cash for that).

Sh*t, paddle, up, creek, a, without. Rearrange as appropriate.

Beefster
23-05-2011, 08:42 AM
I couldnae give a tinkers curse where they end up as long as they pay for it.

Even fully paying for it (which they won't), it'll still pay for itself over the term of the borrowing IMO.

I don't particularly care where it goes either so long as it's not on my doorstep. I've got my property price to think of and 400,000 orcs turning up every fortnight won't do that any good.

hibsbollah
23-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Think they are though. Box to tick if you want a "remembrance room". All yams will tick this, and demand will escalate for a full blown outdoor statue of McCrae on a hoss. :wink:

....with the kaisers face squashed under his boot and the inscription 'WW1-It was HOMFC wot won it'.:aok:

Golden Bear
23-05-2011, 09:00 AM
I'd say that this is almost certainly a David Murray inspired project and he envisages he has an icreased chance of success with the Planning Authorities if he invites the yams along to be his tenants.

Murray himself seems to have formed a successful partnership with Edinburgh Rugby. They currently play their matches at Murrayfield in front of a small but dedicated band of followers.

Now that Murray has distanced himself from Rangers then the door is open for the new partnership arrangement with the yams.

Murray and Mad Vlad as business partners ------- now there's a thought.

:rolleyes:

JeMeSouviens
23-05-2011, 09:22 AM
This is all part of David Murray's plan to build 3500 houses over 600 acres of greenbelt between the Gyle and Riccarton. The stadium for the Yams and Edinburgh rugby, a big garden attraction thing and (unbelievably) some allotments are the "community" sweeteners to make it happen.

Murray is taking the Trump approach, cosy up directly to the government, if the local council object they can always be overruled. Note he has already been scratching Salmond's back ...

http://news.scotsman.com/news/Unionist-Sir-David-Murray-backs.6725168.jp

... and he has the government's chief planner onside and spinning for him already ...

http://news.scotsman.com/news/Fury-as-chief-planner-39backs39.6612344.jp

ballengeich
23-05-2011, 09:25 AM
I'm sceptical about a possible link with Edinburgh Rugby. The SRU controls Edinburgh Rugby so I don't see what would be in it for them to pay to play at a new stadium leaving Murrayfield empty for even more of the time. The SRU isn't too financially healthy itself.

bawheid
23-05-2011, 09:27 AM
1) The Council used to be full of Hearts followers - both at Councillor and Senior Official level. Guys you would see in the Tynie Hospy every other week with their snouts in the trough. Not any more.

2) Edinburgh Council are skinter than a very very very very skint thing. They're trying to push staff out the door left, right and centre. They have trams to pay for. There's no way they're building a "community stadium" any time soon.

3) The political fallout from neglecting Meadowbank and providing another sporting facility for the west of the city would be huge. Nevermind using taxpayers money to pay for it at a time when every penny is supposed to count.

4) David Murray's "plans" for Hermiston are against almost every planning regulation going.

Bishop Hibee
23-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Not a penny of taxpayers money towards any new yam stadium :grr:

Let them rot.

PISTOL1875
23-05-2011, 09:52 AM
The worst thing that will happen from this will be having to look at that the face of Gary McKay on the box every so often...

cwilliamson85
23-05-2011, 10:10 AM
If the trams no longer go ahead there is a large space at the maybury roundabout. Just up from the Gyle shopping centre and almost so far out of town you can't smell them.

steakbake
23-05-2011, 10:24 AM
A library? At the New Tynecastle? Who is going to use that? Anyway, no matter. I liked all of those ideas and ticked the appropriate boxes. I also wanted to see the stadium named after the UKIOS Bankas or even Wonga.

I liked the idea of the memorial room, the hotel, the gym - in fact all of those (costly and unnecessary) extras. I didn't see the point in it unless it had all of these things.

And it has to be a 40k+ seater. I feel sorry for the 90% of yams who cant get a seat to see their team.

I also think the stadium should be away from central Edinburgh. Perhaps Kirknewton.

poolman
23-05-2011, 10:42 AM

Duly filled in including ticks for library, conference centre and cinema and a new location in Fife :greengrin

Greentinted
23-05-2011, 10:46 AM
I see there is an option for standing areas. How does that work then? Are huge mega-clubs like Hearts permitted to flout the regulations and comply only with the voices in their heads?

Cropley10
23-05-2011, 10:49 AM

I can see it now - the usual roasters on the EEN forum and over the road will soon be spinning this as a piece of very good news, being able to spend all their income on players, this is what all big clubs do etc etc.

Bring it on.

NYHibby
23-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Out of curiosity, who are Hibs and Hearts solicitors?

Liberal Hibby
23-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I liked the fact you could vote for mutually exclusive options for stadium ownership - owned solely by Hearts and various joint ventures between Hearts and other parties.

Www1875hfc
23-05-2011, 11:06 AM

:devil:

Remember and fill it in to the best of your knowledge,after all its for the benefit of the city. :greengrin

Gymnasium - Cinema - Hotel - Conference Suites - Shops-Library. :aok:

johnrebus
23-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Am sick of all these posts from jealous Hobos. This is how big teams do things, we can only look on and weep.

Am only dissapointed that there is no space shuttle station or full size replica of the Cresta Run included, but you can't have everything I suppose....,

:not worth

JE89
23-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Out of curiosity, who are Hibs and Hearts solicitors?

Pretty sure Hibs worked with Mcgrigor about ten years ago. Not sure about now though

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Gymnasium - Cinema - Hotel - Conference Suites - Shops

They're not going to fall for this old ruse AGAIN, are they?

I'm sure they could find room in some corner of the Almondvale Centre for a Subbuteo table.

Problem solved, and at low cost.

iwasthere1972
23-05-2011, 11:22 AM

What would be your preferred capacity of a new Hearts stadium? Please tick one box to reflect your answer.

40,000+

:hilarious

Peevemor
23-05-2011, 11:23 AM

The survey thing is a sham and is only there in an attempt to soften them up before the inevitable announcement that they have to sell the PBS.

The questions are laughable;

Location options - Portobello and LEITH??? :faf:

The capacity of the stadium? Is it really the fans that will decide?

"Do you have an interest in providing stadium construction services in relation to Hearts stadium development proposals and plans?" I can see it now - main contractor - Barr Construction/Billy Tumshieheid the brickie and his daft laddie who labours for him, with the painterwork done by a boy that'll do it cash in hand as long as he gets a couple of hundred quid up front for the materials like.

Conference facilities? - Market research will answer that for them, not the fans.

The thing's pathetic.

hibeelin
23-05-2011, 11:24 AM
A library? At the New Tynecastle? Who is going to use that? Anyway, no matter. I liked all of those ideas and ticked the appropriate boxes. I also wanted to see the stadium named after the UKIOS Bankas or even Wonga.

I liked the idea of the memorial room, the hotel, the gym - in fact all of those (costly and unnecessary) extras. I didn't see the point in it unless it had all of these things.

And it has to be a 40k+ seater. I feel sorry for the 90% of yams who cant get a seat to see their team.

I also think the stadium should be away from central Edinburgh. Perhaps Kirknewton.

Was in total agreement, right up to the last word - Not In My Back Yard!!! :confused:

Imagine our lovely wee village being decended on every fortnighight by the great inbred. anyway there's enough inbred in Kirknewton already.

:flag::flag::flag:

Saorsa
23-05-2011, 11:24 AM
What would be your preferred capacity of a new Hearts stadium? Please tick one box to reflect your answer.

40,000+

:hilariousshould that no be 400,000+ so at least they can all get in and allow some for their ever growing support :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2011, 11:26 AM
The SPL asked the fans what they wanted but have decided tae ignore that and press ahead with what they want anyway. The survey means f' all, just trying tae placate the maroon morons, Vlad will do as he pleases :agree: :greengrin

"The board were desperate to canvass as wide a range of deluded fantasies from our supporters as usual and set up a wide range of unfeasible options so that no one mode of thought could prevail. It therefore made it easy to shoehorn the mugs into a ground share at Murrayfield."

Every Hibby has a duty to download the form and vote for a rugby share.

MSK
23-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Was in total agreement, right up to the last word - Not In My Back Yard!!! :confused:

Imagine our lovely wee village being decended on every fortnighight by the great inbred. anyway there's enough inbred in Kirknewton already.

:flag::flag::flag:Will be a great money spinner for yer "wee" village though ...400,000 yams tramps buying those tacky wee jimmy ginger tammy hats ...& 6 fingered gloves ..:agree:

iwasthere1972
23-05-2011, 11:34 AM
How would you prefer to travel to a new stadium? Please tick the boxes to indicate the forms of transport which you are most likely to use.

Walk
Car
Bicycle
Public bus
Private bus
Minibus
Tram
Train

Well it's no happening soon then.

Where's the Easyjet option?

This thread should go in the vault for future generations to see. I would put it under "Comedy Gold"

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2011, 11:37 AM
How would you prefer to travel to a new stadium? Please tick the boxes to indicate the forms of transport which you are most likely to use.

Walk
Car
Bicycle
Public bus
Private bus
Minibus
Tram
Train

This thread should go in the vault for future generations to see. I would put it under "Comedy Gold"

What about getting some of those high tec Star Trek transporters?

steakbake
23-05-2011, 11:39 AM

:flag::flag::flag:

Pah. Typical village mentality... :greengrin

GordonHFC
23-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I take it that all completed questionairres which are marked by the individual concerned as 'employed' will not be taken into account as it will be seen as obviously not having been completed by one of their own. :agree:

Franck is God
23-05-2011, 11:45 AM
I felt it was my social responsibility to fill out their questionaire as honestly as I could so they can have the stadium they deserve.

flash
23-05-2011, 11:46 AM
As has already been mentioned this bares all the hallmarks of a stitch up with the Council.

Barney McGrew
23-05-2011, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uHgQCwjJJY

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2011, 11:47 AM
I think a lot of Yams will disappointed that there is no mention of special facilities for sex offenders or war heroes.

Dinkydoo
23-05-2011, 11:49 AM
I felt it was my social responsibility to fill out their questionaire as honestly as I could so they can have the stadium they deserve.

It was my moral obligation to complete the questionnaire; whether the results get used or not I just had to do it. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2011, 11:49 AM
As has already been mentioned this bares all the hallmarks of a stitch up with the Council.

If council have any role in this, it's to be the patsy's for Vlad's plans. I seriously doubt they would, or even could offer any financial support in this environment.

Albion Hibs
23-05-2011, 11:54 AM
I can see now way in the world that the hertz can afford to move. Even in the housing market glory days the land wont have been worth what they have in debt. So surely all they will be doing is paying off a fraction of their debt.

I have no idea what vlad is up to, perhaps it is just a way to encourage a few yams onto the web site in hope they end up buying an off pink t-shirt.

Peevemor
23-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Pah. Typical village mentality... :greengrin

I like the Balerno option. Imagine 400,000 of them trying to squeeze into Brow's and the Honky for a pre match pint. :thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
23-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Modern media spin already has it as preferred choice of supporters

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Hearts-fans-39ready-to-accept39.6772863.jp

:bye:

NeilOrrSquareBa
23-05-2011, 11:55 AM

That's the truth, nothing more than institutionalised favouritism
Them ****ers on the council would do anything to save der Hertz.
Vote them oot and get a Hibby cooncil tae put them to ther sword!
Banzai!

3pm
23-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Albert Kidd has just completed his survey. :agree:

hibs0666
23-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Apparently the clear favourite for name for the new creche is the Graham Rix room, and Wee Airdrie Jambo is all for it too.

GordonHFC
23-05-2011, 11:57 AM
How the hell is it possible to complete the 'Other - please state' boxes when all the possible avenues are covered. What a croc of *****.

MSK
23-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I think a lot of Yams will disappointed that there is no mention of special facilities for sex offenders or war heroes.Think they are putting in a rememberance room ..but I think thats just for the tramps to remember their league & cup double win in 86 ..:agree:

Barney McGrew
23-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Modern media spin already has it as preferred choice of supporters

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Hearts-fans-39ready-to-accept39.6772863.jp

:bye:

Hertz fans 'ready to accept' a historic move.

Of course they are - they just bend over and blindly accept whatever Vlad tells them to do. 125 years of tradition ready to go up in smoke and there's not a set of baws between them to speak out against it.

What a bunch of spineless welts :agree:

iwasthere1972
23-05-2011, 12:00 PM
This thread could double my post count overnight.

Lifted from the kickback

A capacity of 30k is about right for us, we need to be bigger than hibs and aberdeen and also to be able to play internationals
not that long ago we had 18k every week with thousands on waiting list. The only reason Hearts dont attract bigger crowds is down to success
and the league we are in, not to mention pricing. Put Hearts in English premiership and we would fill 30k no problem, we have a bigger support than the likes of Bolton and Blackpool put together,take those two clubs as an example they would be down to 8 and 10k crowds after a coouple of bad seasons in the championship like middlesbrough.

To fill the stadium Hearts and other clubs need to be realistic about pricing, it's way too expensive to watch football in
this country.

On another note about the stadium, i would like to see a sliding roof over any new stadium in an ideal world.

The sliding roof idea I would go along with so long as it is able to contain the smell.

ballengeich
23-05-2011, 12:03 PM
I think a lot of Yams will disappointed that there is no mention of special facilities for sex offenders or war heroes.

Will there be a powder room where staff can ingest substances of their choice?

Saorsa
23-05-2011, 12:04 PM

Lifted from the kickback

A capacity of 30k is about right for us, we need to be bigger than hibs and aberdeen and also to be able to play internationals
not that long ago we had 18k every week with thousands on waiting list. The only reason Hearts dont attract bigger crowds is down to success
and the league we are in, not to mention pricing. Put Hearts in English premiership and we would fill 30k no problem, we have a bigger support than the likes of Bolton and Blackpool put together,take those two clubs as an example they would be down to 8 and 10k crowds after a coouple of bad seasons in the championship like middlesbrough.

To fill the stadium Hearts and other clubs need to be realistic about pricing, it's way too expensive to watch football in
this country.

On another note about the stadium, i would like to see a sliding roof over any new stadium in an ideal world.

The sliding roof idea I would go along with so long as it is able to contain the smell.A permanent roof and airlocks on all entrance/exits would be better :agree:

down the slope
23-05-2011, 12:06 PM

Lifted from the kickback

this country.

The sliding roof idea I would go along with so long as it is able to contain the smell.

They are all barking , thank god for the yams to brighten up a boring close season .

bighairyfaeleith
23-05-2011, 12:06 PM
40m new stadium :faf:

iwasthere1972
23-05-2011, 12:09 PM
A permanent roof and airlocks on all entrance/exits would be better :agree:

The guy gets my vote for the "No Sh*t Sherlock Holmes Award for 2011"

The only reason Hearts don't get bigger crowds is because of the lack of success and the league they are in.

bawheid
23-05-2011, 12:12 PM

Lifted from the kickback:

This is the crux of the matter for the yams. "We need to be bigger than Hibs..."

They should have it on the gates above the new stadium.

Biggie
23-05-2011, 12:13 PM

Lifted from the kickback

this country.

Okay, who's going to own up to doing this ?.....c'mon gotta be one of us...

Houchy
23-05-2011, 12:21 PM

Walk
Car
Bicycle
Public bus
Private bus
Minibus
Tram
Train:hilarious

I opted for helicopter. Lets get them to spend even more money on something that won't get used... Well they bloody started it by offering a 40k stadium option lol.

seanshow
23-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Whats happened to the proposed £50million stand of megladon! :confused:

degenerated
23-05-2011, 12:23 PM
A library? At the New Tynecastle? Who is going to use that?

anyone that wants to sift through their extensive back collection of the beano and the racing post, i imagine :agree:

MSK
23-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Saw a design competition on kb a while back ..this was a Shaun Lawson's effort ..7389

proud_and_green
Gotta love the logic...

Bigger stadium = more revenue. Assuming they'll have 30k crowds each week then?

Concerts and the like will come. Oh will they?

Seems a lot of pretty basic assumptions to me...

Even if they did look at the cost to us of Elton John's stage wrecking our pitch!!!

Baader
You can bet a lot of those useless moronic councillors at City of Edinburgh Council will be pulling out all the stops for their beloved Yams.

Have yet to see a question relating to 100 or 60 watt lighbulb option for their fabulous new, non-existent, ground.

bawheid
23-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Duly filled in including ticks for library, conference centre and cinema and a new location in Fife :greengrin

I ticked that I didn't want any of these additional facilities.

Hearts will be looking for positives answers to those questions so that they can flog their proposals to the council, saying the facilities will be well used and therefore worth council investment.

silverhibee
23-05-2011, 12:41 PM

Lifted from the kickback

this country.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Haymaker
23-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Everyone should lobby their local council people and MPs...

darwenhibby
23-05-2011, 12:44 PM
It certainly must be an exciting time for the Hearts at the moment.

They are certainly now beginning to move in the right direction off the park as well as on the park.

How long will it be before they are so far in front of us that we will wake up and smell the coffee.

They could move into a stadium which is twice the size of wee Easter Road.
Why will any of our kids/grandkids want to support Hibs in a few years when they can follow the Super Hearts.
Edinburgh will soon be similar in terms of football to Bayern Munich/1860 Barcelona/Espanol Real Madrid/Athletico Madrid

Prepare yourselves guys we are doomed:worried::panic:

or it could be another daft story:dunno:

iwasthere1972
23-05-2011, 12:52 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

If you think that one was funny then wait until you read this one. :wink:

Surely it would be far more economical and financially beneficial to get SPL rules amended (in the financial interest of SPL football) so that we can play games with additional demand and larger capacity requirements at Murrayfield? If we played Rangers, Celtic & Hibs at Murrayfield plus any European ties we'd have all the extra capacity we'd need - we could still play the smaller attended games at Tynecastle - a new stadium in Edinburgh when there are already 1 very big one and 2 medium smaller ones seems to be an unneccesary capital spend?

So they now want two grounds and the rules changed. They truly are the big team. The penny hasn't dropped yet that Tynie just won't be an option. :hilarious

The comedy gold continues. I'm off to see if I can find more gems over the road. Be back soon.

HibeeSince85
23-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Those 2 posts sum up Hearts fans perfectly.

Their heads are no longer in the sand, they have been moved to up their own arse.

easty
23-05-2011, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=happyhibbie;2810605]Saw a design competition on kb a while back ..this was a Shaun Lawson's effort ..easty.jpg (http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7389&d=1306153569)

What's that attachment name all about? I object to my name being linked in any way to that epic fail of a human being!

steakbake
23-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Sorry, maybe I have missed the point... I'm slow off the mark and find it hard to keep up with the goings on at the Gorgie Farm: but wasn't the whole reason that Robinson was forced out because the fuds were worried about losing Tynecastle?

Now Romanov is suggesting it anyway, but dressing it up as being the SPL version of Eastlands or the Emirates? Or some kind of maroon wonderland? I mean, where in all of the questions is the option: No ta, Vlad. I like the current Tynecastle warts, nae bulbs, wooden stand and all.

Bottom line is that it looks like the entire reason that they made the faustian pact with Romanov is going to happen anyway...?

:trumpet::yamlaugh:

hibs0666
23-05-2011, 01:05 PM
If you think that one was funny then wait until you read this one. :wink:

Surely it would be far more economical and financially beneficial to get SPL rules amended (in the financial interest of SPL football) so that we can play games with additional demand and larger capacity requirements at Murrayfield? If we played Rangers, Celtic & Hibs at Murrayfield plus any European ties we'd have all the extra capacity we'd need - we could still play the smaller attended games at Tynecastle - a new stadium in Edinburgh when there are already 1 very big one and 2 medium smaller ones seems to be an unneccesary capital spend?

So they now want two grounds and the rules changed. They truly are the big team. The penny hasn't dropped yet that Tynie just won't be an option. :hilarious

The comedy gold continues. I'm off to see if I can find more gems over the road. Be back soon.

Special mention goes to the bloke that wants the retractable roof decorated with Vlad's face. :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
23-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Deja vu ?

You have to check out this link and the timeline part for last time they talked about new stands and stadium..

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/page/Tynecastle2010/0,,10289,00.html

Plus one of the most bizarre photos ever :greengrin

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20080116/thats-an-application_2241749_1216908

:jamboclow:lolyam:

down the slope
23-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Right, a joke is a joke but own up , who filled in the form and put down their name as Albert Kidd ?, they are not happy about this over the road.
How about this roaster ?

"What's tragic is that they dont see it as us getting financially stronger and having a better stadium than their monstrosity. The see it as us Vlad trying to shaft us

The mind boggles "

We should realy feel sorry for them.

Sodje_18
23-05-2011, 01:28 PM
I opted for helicopter. Lets get them to spend even more money on something that won't get used... Well they bloody started it by offering a 40k stadium option lol.
I went for tram :greengrin

Greentinted
23-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Right, a joke is a joke but own up , who filled in the form and put down their name as Albert Kidd ?, they are not happy about this over the road.
How about this roaster ?

"What's tragic is that they dont see it as us getting financially stronger and having a better stadium than their monstrosity. The see it as us Vlad trying to shaft us

The mind boggles "

There are none so blind as those that enjoy a good shafting from Uncle Vladimir...

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2011, 01:37 PM
A new stadium would only satisfy the traditionalists in the the Hearts support if it was made of asbestos. Anything else would stick in the throat, not to mention the lung.

Greentinted
23-05-2011, 02:05 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RI54ZRnkHbI/S_Sw1VQi7KI/AAAAAAAAEdg/H3BktDaX6zo/s1600/peterbird1.jpg

greenginger
23-05-2011, 02:10 PM
I doubt they have any real intention of moving anywhere soon.

The whole mega development became an excuse for getting the safety certificate renewed annually and that reason has worn too thin.

A new Fairy Tale has to be invented to prevent the Asbo stand closure and "we are now moving to a brand new purpose built, eco friendly, community inclusive, blah blah etc etc stadium " should keep the authorities on side for another couple of seasons.

Or am I just a non- believing cynic ? :greengrin

MSK
23-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Saw a design competition on kb a while back ..this was a Shaun Lawson's effort ..easty.jpg (http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7389&d=1306153569)

[QUOTE=easty;2810629]What's that attachment name all about? I object to my name being linked in any way to that epic fail of a human being!Sorry mate ..cant remember where that name came from ..no sure how to change it either ..:greengrin

Kaiser1962
23-05-2011, 03:03 PM
There are none so blind as those that enjoy a good shafting from Uncle Vladimir...

Yip. The form is just an lithuanian version of foreplay to juice them up a bit.

The crazy thing is it's very effective.

hibsbollah
23-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Deja vu ?

You have to check out this link and the timeline part for last time they talked about new stands and stadium..

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/page/Tynecastle2010/0,,10289,00.html

Plus one of the most bizarre photos ever :greengrin

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20080116/thats-an-application_2241749_1216908

:jamboclow:lolyam:

There are as many as 20 files which shows its a professional planning application, apparently. Psychological size issues run through that club like a sickness.

Hank Schrader
23-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Having waded into the pit of filth that is Kickback I find it incredible how many of them are swallowing this story. A brand new 30K seater stadium financed by the club? I mean seriously? Where the flying **** are they going to find the money for that?

Its like the mega 51M main stand all over again. They are drooling over the prospect of a "shiny" new stadium when the likelihood is they are being shafted again by "Mr" Romanov and his henchmen.

This shiny new stadium will not happen in my opinion. The best they will get is the use of the facilities at a complex built by someone else and rented out to them.

Muppets the lot of them, deluded beyond belief.

matty_f
23-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Having waded into the pit of filth that is Kickback I find it incredible how many of them are swallowing this story. A brand new 30K seater stadium financed by the club? I mean seriously? Where the flying **** are they going to find the money for that?

Its like the mega 51M main stand all over again. They are drooling over the prospect of a "shiny" new stadium when the likelihood is they are being shafted again by "Mr" Romanov and his henchmen.

This shiny new stadium will not happen in my opinion. The best they will get is the use of the facilities at a complex built by someone else and rented out to them.

Muppets the lot of them, deluded beyond belief.

How many stadium related announcements have they swallowed over the years?

Looks like Fat Jim is joined by the rest of their support in bending over and taking it. :agree:

Tattie
23-05-2011, 03:59 PM
How would you prefer to travel to a new stadium?

tram
:aok:

iwasthere1972
23-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Even if they had the money to build their new super duper state of the art new stadium complete with cinema, bars, restaurant, library etc etc I still think that their estimate of between £30m-£45m for a 30,000 seater stadium is a bit conservative. I wouldn't be surprised if those figures have been supplied by the same folk who were responsible for Holyrood and the trams. :devil: The Amex Stadium, Brighton cost £93 miillion so the Yams would have to be looking at a very poor scaled down version of it and forget about the retractable roof.

Considering that a suitable site has yet to be found and planning permission is yet to be sought, it could be anywhere between 5 and 10 years before the first brick has been laid. Who knows by the time they do move from Tynecastle we will have won the Scottish Cup.

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Even if they had the money to build their new super duper state of the art new stadium complete with cinema, bars, restaurant, library etc etc I still think that their estimate of between £30m-£45m for a 30,000 seater stadium is a bit conservative. I wouldn't be surprised if those figures have been supplied by the same folk who were responsible for Holyrood and the trams. :devil: The Amex Stadium, Brighton cost £93 miillion so the Yams would have to be looking at a very poor scaled down version of it and forget about the retractable roof.

Considering that a suitable site has yet to be found and planning permission is yet to be sought, it could be anywhere between 5 and 10 years before the first brick has been laid. Who knows by the time they do move from Tynecastle we will have won the Scottish Cup.

... ah, you were doing so well too. :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
23-05-2011, 04:22 PM

The yams well may well get a new stadium by then :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
23-05-2011, 04:46 PM
The survey thing is a sham and is only there in an attempt to soften them up before the inevitable announcement that they have to sell the PBS.

The questions are laughable;

Location options - Portobello and LEITH??? :faf:

The capacity of the stadium? Is it really the fans that will decide?

Course it's a sham. If they were even a wee bit serious about polling the fans theyd have asked them properly not left it open to Hibs fans abusing it. All they needed to do was ask for a client reference. Or ask the G8 fans group for names of folk that were allowed to vote.

GreenCastle
23-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Will the yams have to change the lyrics to their songs?

What about the in your gorgie slums song... :greengrin

iwasthere1972
23-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Course it's a sham. If they were even a wee bit serious about polling the fans theyd have asked them properly not left it open to Hibs fans abusing it. All they needed to do was ask for a client reference. Or ask the G8 fans group for names of folk that were allowed to vote.

They should have just emailed the 400,000 addresses they have on their system.

Simples.

3pm
23-05-2011, 05:15 PM
How about this roaster ?

The mind boggles "

Hi, Albert here...

3pm
23-05-2011, 05:17 PM
...And if interested, my form asked for a stadium 10 miles out of town with a library.

lapsedhibee
23-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Who knows by the time they do move from Tynecastle we will have won the Scottish Cup.

I think the yams going out of business first represents our only realistic chance of lifting the SC. As I understand it, they have something of a stranglehold on the trophy - I don't see how we can win the competition any year that they enter.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-05-2011, 05:58 PM
It's great they won't own the new stadium and never will...there must be a new song ready for them next season

The_Todd
23-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Unless they sell Tynecastle for more than the value of their debt, which considering how far out of control Vlad has let it slide for his own benefit I don't see a likely result, I don't see how this benefits Hearts as a club at all.

They'll have a new stadium but by the time they've purchased new land and built a new stadium they'll be right back in the same debt.

magpie1892
23-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Will the yams have to change the lyrics to their songs?

I was wondering more about the name. West of Midlothian, surely?

Mikey
23-05-2011, 06:04 PM

10 miles west of Midlothian, with a library............

The_Todd
23-05-2011, 06:06 PM

10 miles west of Midlothian, with a library............

The Outskirts of West Lothian Football Club. Has a nice ring to it.

Greentinted
23-05-2011, 06:13 PM

As an homage to the glorious ground they will be vacating and the vile poison their 'minority' persist in perpetuating, surely something along the lines of "The Carcinogenic Colosseum" would be appropriate.

magpie1892
23-05-2011, 06:15 PM
The Outskirts of West Lothian Football Club. Has a nice ring to it.

I doubt very much that this will happen, certainly not in my lifetime (I reckon I've got maybe 40-50 years left only) but if it did, and they took Scott Wilson with them, what would his PA rallying call just prior to k/o be: 'Get right behind your team the heart and soul of...'?

magpie1892
23-05-2011, 06:16 PM
As an homage to the glorious ground they will be vacating and the vile poison their 'minority' persist in perpetuating, surely something along the lines of "The Carcinogenic Colosseum" would be appropriate.

Come on, mate. You need to keep it simple for them.

The_Todd
23-05-2011, 06:16 PM
I doubt very much that this will happen, certainly not in my lifetime (I reckon I've got maybe 40-50 years left only) but if it did, and they took Scott Wilson with them, what would his PA rallying call just prior to k/o be: 'Get right behind your team the heart and soul of...'?

... Bathgate?

degenerated
23-05-2011, 06:17 PM
It's great they won't own the new stadium and never will...there must be a new song ready for them next season

And now the end is near
Vlad is back behind the iron curtain
my friends, i'll say it clear
your goose is cooked, of that i am certain

he told you lies, played you for fools
you sold your souls, despite our heeds
and much, much more than this
he has the deeds

shares, you have a few
but then again, too few to mention
Deans did what he wanted to
and sold you out, with lack of gumption

Believe?, we laughed so much we cried
we've had our fill, of all your gloating
and now, our tears subside
we find it all still so amusing

For what is a club, what have they got?
if not a ground, then they'll have naught
pound shops and housing schemes
where once you stood and had your dreams

history will show, you sunk so low

by doing it Vlads Way

Greentinted
23-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Come on, mate. You need to keep it simple for them.

Right enough. Well since the author of 'The Heart of Midlothian' is Walter Scott how about naming the new ground after the plot of land he built his big hoose on:

'Clatty Hole'

Job's a good 'un. :greengrin

Antifa Hibs
23-05-2011, 06:21 PM
They're getting right excited over there aren't they.

"What capacity should the know ground have"
"What would you like to see at the new stadium"
"What should the new stadium be called"

This one's really excited.

"We need the larger capacity if we're ever to compete with the old firm"

Bless em xx

They're also wanting a museum to recognise what HoMFC have achieved. Unsure if it includes the two world wars or not?

iwasthere1972
23-05-2011, 06:27 PM
They're getting right excited over there aren't they.

"What capacity should the know ground have"
"What would you like to see at the new stadium"
"What should the new stadium be called"

This one's really excited.

"We need the larger capacity if we're ever to compete with the old firm"

Bless em xx

They're also wanting a museum to recognise what HoMFC have achieved. Unsure if it includes the two world wars or not?

IIRC one of their believers said that the reason they only averaged 14,000 was because their ground only held 17,500 and that if they had an increased capacity stadium they would fill it.

magpie1892
23-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Right enough. Well since the author of 'The Heart of Midlothian' is Walter Scott how about naming the new ground after the plot of land he built his big hoose on:

'Clatty Hole'

Job's a good 'un. :greengrin

I refer you to my first response. Seriously, how many Jambos know that WS wrote Heart of Midlothian.

... Bathgate?

Fair do's.

magpie1892
23-05-2011, 06:29 PM
IIRC one of their believers said that the reason they only averaged 14,000 was because their ground only held 17,500 and that if they had an increased capacity stadium they would fill it.

Airdrie's attendances halved after they moved from 7,000 Broomfield to 10,500 Excelsior.

Christ, I really hope this happens on so many levels.

TrinityHibs
23-05-2011, 06:29 PM

We have to be very careful here. If they dont have a home they could be seen to be caravan dwellers. Next they'll be selling pegs to pay the rent.

blindsummit
23-05-2011, 06:35 PM

Have to agree with this scenario. The council will bend over backwards to help them, with public cash. Total disgrace.

magpie1892
23-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Have to agree with this scenario. The council will bend over backwards to help them, with public cash. Total disgrace.

To quote 'American Psycho': 'not if they want to keep their spleen'.

As we've seen with the Giggs thing, even super-secret stuff gets out and if there were seen to be anything more than just courtesy string-pulling every non-jambo (regardless of football persuasion, if any) would scream blue murder, especially in the wake of the trams fiasco.

There's no money anyhow.

They're utterly reliant on Vlad's continued patronage AND Murray getting permission to build on the green belt - how many objections do you think, to the nearest 10,000?

They're ****ed.

degenerated
23-05-2011, 06:48 PM

As we've seen with the Giggs thing, even super-secret stuff gets out and if there were seen to be anything more than just courtesy string-pulling every non-jambo (regardless of football persuasion, if any) would scream blue murder, especially in the wake of the trams fiasco.

There's no money anyhow.

They're utterly reliant on Vlad's continued patronage AND Murray getting permission to build on the green belt - how many objections do you think, to the nearest 10,000?

They're ****ed.

this nothing more than a requirement to sell off the family silver to help ease the burden of ever mounting debts. there's only so much forgiveness of debt and equity swaps they can do. they'll punt the piggery for around half of what cala offered and be in murrayfield in the not so distant future, at best they will be renting a shared ground with edinburgh rugby in murrays pie in the sky utopia in the unlikely event it comes to anything.

this will be the precursor to vlad selling the club, minus a ground, to anyone stupid enough to want them. :agree:

Sprouleflyer
23-05-2011, 06:54 PM

Where are Hearts finding these figures from? Aberdeen are looking to spend £38M on a 21,000 seat stadium with some other amenities but looking at their plans, all will be located within the stadium.

Hearts or whoever is trying to sell this to the yams have stated £30M for a 30,000 seat stadium, on probably a lot more expensive land than where Aberdeen are building, plus all the other frills that may be needed to generate cash such as bars, restaurants, cinemas etc, it just doesn’t add up?

And where have they got £20M to redevelop 1 stand? The stand opposite the main stand only cost £1.75M, how the hell does a new stand, with some hospitality, offices and changing rooms cost £20M…………in today’s market?

Location is everything for a club, especially for a club that has another team with a central location. Moving to the outskirts will alienate a lot of fans, the far side of the bypass at Hermiston is not exactly commuter friendly, difficult to walk to and with most having to travel by car, there will be horrendous queues trying to get in and out of the stadium area, would you want to leave your car parked in Sighthill?

Part of the fun of going to match is meeting your mates in the pub, having a couple of drinks and walking round to the stadium soaking up the atmosphere on big match days, all this would be lost for the Hearts supporters at Hermiston.

If this is what the yams want….then good luck to them!

magpie1892
23-05-2011, 06:56 PM
this nothing more than a requirement to sell off the family silver to help ease the burden of ever mounting debts. there's only so much forgiveness of debt and equity swaps they can do. they'll punt the piggery for around half of what cala offered and be in murrayfield in the not so distant future, at best they will be renting a shared ground with edinburgh rugby in murrays pie in the sky utopia in the unlikely event it comes to anything.

this will be the precursor to vlad selling the club, minus a ground, to anyone stupid enough to want them. :agree:

We can see that - why can't they?

hibs0666
23-05-2011, 06:57 PM
We have to be very careful here. If they dont have a home they could be seen to be caravan dwellers. Next they'll be selling pegs to pay the rent.

But we've been doing it for generations, and there's no substitute for experience.

hibs0666
23-05-2011, 07:00 PM

There's no money anyhow.

They're ****ed.

They'll survive, and they'll get used to Murrayfield's unique atmosphere.

3pm
23-05-2011, 07:03 PM
If they did flit, what's the very best outcome they could achieve? If the £35m figure is right, the land won't fetch that so they'd still be £15m in debt with no stadium?

magpie1892
23-05-2011, 07:04 PM
They'll survive, and they'll get used to Murrayfield's unique atmosphere.

They'll survive, yes, but I can see an Airdrie scenario; bust, re-apply to league as Hearts '16 or something.

I almost feel sorry for them. They seem to think this is the next step for them. Which I suppose it is, in a way.

Gettin' Auld
23-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Saw a design competition on kb a while back ..this was a Shaun Lawson's effort ..7389
That looks like it was drawn by an 8 year old.

:faf:

Sprouleflyer
23-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Maybe one of the pink dudes, and there are a couple looking in can give us their views on this development.

iwasthere1972
23-05-2011, 07:10 PM
That looks like it was drawn by an 8 year old.

:faf:

Nearly correct - Shaun is 7. That's why he hasn't been able to travel up here for games. His ma and dad won't bring him either.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2011, 07:12 PM

There's no money anyhow.

They're ****ed.

:agree: Any resident of the city that fancies it can make a Freedom of Information Act enquiry to find out what may sit behind any deals that are ultimately announced, its also not a bad idea to press the councillors to make best use of all of the residents money for all their benefit............

degenerated
23-05-2011, 07:13 PM
If they did flit, what's the very best outcome they could achieve? If the £35m figure is right, the land won't fetch that so they'd still be £15m in debt with no stadium?

they were going to get 22 million for tynecastle in 2005 at the peak of the housing market, a figure that was well over the mark even at that stage. they will be lucky to get half of that in the current climate so their debt is not going to be any less than 20 million after the sale.

if they were going to do this they should have started the process a year or so ago and they could have taken advantage of a very depressed construction market. however, demand may still be down but tender prices are most certainly on the rise due to some pretty hefty material price increases.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2011, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=Sprouleflyer;2811004]:agree:

Where are Hearts finding these figures from? Aberdeen are looking to spend £38M on a 21,000 seat stadium with some other amenities but looking at their plans, all will be located within the stadium.

Lithuanian labour? won't be the first time.

magpie1892
23-05-2011, 07:18 PM
they were going to get 22 million for tynecastle in 2005 at the peak of the housing market, a figure that was well over the mark even at that stage. they will be lucky to get half of that in the current climate so their debt is not going to be any less than 20 million after the sale.

if they were going to do this they should have started the process a year or so ago and they could have taken advantage of a very depressed construction market. however, demand may still be down but tender prices are most certainly on the rise due to some pretty hefty material price increases.

I'm not in property but I know a wee bit about this from other endeavours and in the current market - a buyers' market if ever there were one - I've heard a figure bandied about reasonably recently of £8-9m cash, or maybe £10m over 18 months.

surreyhibbie
23-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Maybe one of the pink dudes, and there are a couple looking in can give us their views on this development.

Come on, Guys, we can see you reading this.... want to give us your point of view?

we'll play nice, honest...

steakbake
23-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Is this possibly an exit strategy for Vlad?

fat freddy
23-05-2011, 07:37 PM
A poll has been running on keekback regarding their impending doom in which 21 voters have opted for the 'Build a statue of Vlad' option...Where many clubs have statues of founding fathers or outstanding players it's difficult to think of any other support who would choose to honour an absent landlord in such a way...they are unique.

greenginger
23-05-2011, 07:41 PM
...And if interested, my form asked for a stadium 10 miles out of town with a library.

Is there not a 20 mile option ? Straight down the A 70 to a moor just outside Carstairs.

Lands cheap and they'll know the neighbours. :devil:

degenerated
how long before someone over there suggests they name it the macraes battalion stadium.

sixtwo
If we were in this situation I would be gutted. I remember we were rumoured to be moving to straiton years ago and I was praying it wouldn't happen.

on keekback they are getting excited and are making plans to build war memorials outside the new stadium. They are contemplating moving diggers to the new place and everything:greengrin

I'm sure a lot of hearts fans will be secretly devastated about this.:devil:

ScottB
23-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Right ok, I'm going to look at this from a ridiculous optimistic stand point.

Hearts sell Tynecastle for lets say £12 - £15million. If this happens before new Murray stadium is built they move into Murrayfield (a cost obviously) till it is built.

Hearts insist they will part own at least this new stadium. So fine, lets take them at that word, at the least they pour the Tynecastle money into Murray Stadium. Giving them, lets say, a 50% stake in the new stadium. This will likely mean they are still paying rent on their new stadium, on land worth much less than that they sold.

I fail to see how it can, in any realistic scenario, make them more money. Either all the money (minimum) from selling Tynie will go into the new one, likely resulting in them having half an asset (assuming the club itself ever actually owns the new place) or they end up a tenant somewhere, with no assets worth the name and only £10million or so knocked off their debt. Even if the crowds go up a bit, will it be enough to even break even with the increased costs?

They are never going to fill a 30k stadium, and how many cinemas and bowling alleys turn a profit these days? Even with absolutely everything going their way they are going to end up in a stadium miles away from their supporters, half full, costing them a fortune that they don't own.

Mind boggling how any of them could go along with it. At least when we proposed moving to Straition it would actually have wiped out our debt!

hibs0666
23-05-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm not in property but I know a wee bit about this from other endeavours and in the current market - a buyers' market if ever there were one - I've heard a figure bandied about reasonably recently of £8-9m cash, or maybe £10m over 18 months.

I'm not sure the land is worth much at all - isn't there some sort of restriction on building new flats within the distillery/McFarlan Smith blast zone? If so, the land is worth the square root of hee haw.

Greentinted
23-05-2011, 07:51 PM
how long before someone over there suggests they name it the macraes battalion stadium.

Is this ironic?

Been done hours ago...POST #33 (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/93300-name-for-new-stadium/)

Not only that but also a desire to have the Haymarket Memorial Clock (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/93304-new-stadium-must-haves/) integrated into it's rightful home (the one that hasn't been built) :crazy:

NAE NOOKIE
23-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks to the Yams for such a brilliant laugh on a wet Monday night.

Could the club not relocate to a location 20 miles directly east of gorgie.

40,000 + :faf:

magpie1892
23-05-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure the land is worth much at all - isn't there some sort of restriction on building new flats within the distillery/McFarlan Smith blast zone? If so, the land is worth the square root of hee haw.

I'm pretty sure there's no issues with anything within the current footprint of the PBS - they wouldn't have got a safety certificate for the RS and WS otherwise.

Phil D. Rolls
23-05-2011, 08:34 PM
If only we weren't peg selling caravan dwellers, we'd have seen this coming, and could have been slagging them off for the last 6 years.

Bet Callum and Wullie are not happy about this,

hibs0666
23-05-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm pretty sure there's no issues with anything within the current footprint of the PBS - they wouldn't have got a safety certificate for the RS and WS otherwise.

Unless planning regulations and/or the status of their neighbours have changed in the interim period...

Hibby70
23-05-2011, 09:19 PM
That questionnaire has some real classics.

I opted for a 40,000+, 4 tier, 4 stand, oval design with a built in cinema, bowling alley, bar, morgue and statue of liberty replica.

Bit worried about the Craig Thomson Creche mind you.

Where's the option for retractable roof, must have missed that one. Or will it have retractable grass instead.

Obvious that Ian Black has put together the q'airre on his day off.

FranckSuzy
23-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Where's the option for a shooting range? :gun:

BEEJ
23-05-2011, 09:41 PM
A poll has been running on keekback regarding their impending doom in which 21 voters have opted for the 'Build a statue of Vlad' option....
Idolatry and cultism can be hard to break free from, even for those possessed of the strongest of minds.

So what chance have they got?

Is there not a 20 mile option ? Straight down the A 70 to a moor just outside Carstairs.

Lands cheap and they'll know the neighbours. :devil:
:tee hee:

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2011, 09:48 PM
They'll survive, yes, but I can see an Airdrie scenario; bust, re-apply to league as Hearts '16 or something.

I almost feel sorry for them. They seem to think this is the next step for them. Which I suppose it is, in a way.

Hearts 86 has a nice ring to it.

magpie1892
23-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Hearts 86 has a nice ring to it.

We have a winner.

Saorsa
23-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Anybody no got their answers in yet? C'mon folks Vlad wants tae hear from you :agree: :greengrin

The Harp
23-05-2011, 10:39 PM
I expect the residents of Gorgie Farm will be happy to breathe some cleaner air if the Yams move out of the area.:wink:

GreenCastle
23-05-2011, 10:42 PM
That questionnaire has some real classics.

I opted for a 40,000+, 4 tier, 4 stand, oval design with a built in cinema, bowling alley, bar, morgue and statue of liberty replica.

Bit worried about the Craig Thomson Creche mind you.

Where's the option for retractable roof, must have missed that one. Or will it have retractable grass instead.

Obvious that Ian Black has put together the q'airre on his day off.

:greengrin:top marks

Sir David Gray
23-05-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm quite intrigued with Hearts asking people about whether they'd like to drink alcohol at this new stadium and whether they'd like to have a standing area.

Do they realise that they would need to flout current laws to have both of these in place? :dunno:

As for using trams to get to the stadium. :faf:

A gymnasium
A hotel
A cinema
A tenpin bowling alley.

:faf: :faf: :faf:

At least Vlad's got a sense of humour, I'll give him that much! :greengrin

SurferRosa
24-05-2011, 02:17 AM
Just cast ma votes on the yams new stadium..:rolleyes: Said yes tae every pointless thing that would waste ridiculous amounts of cash, including the library, facilities for Hertz ladies and the stadium located 20 miles west of its current location.

Given the fact that anybody can complete this "form" , ......is it possible that this is a total load of p**h and it`s yet another lithuanian smokescreen , hiding the fact that they`re goin doon the s***epan, and trying to keep the knuckle-dragging inbreds onside. Laughable in itself given they punted "the pieman" for the very same thing..........Comedy gold.:lolyam:

Pete
24-05-2011, 02:23 AM
40,000+ with lots of jumbotrons and bike racks as I normally cycle to football matches.

In fact why don't they just save a lot of hassle and groundshare with Rangers?

hibbiedon
24-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Anybody no got their answers in yet? C'mon folks Vlad wants tae hear from you :agree: :greengrin

Thats mine in

macca70
24-05-2011, 04:41 AM
That's mine submitted.

That is actually embarrassing.

Is the Libary a wind up? Surely, with the noise/atmosphere created at tin castle, it would have to close on matchdays.

Are they hoping they get enough jambo builders, plumbers, joiners etc to submit there details and build the new stadium for free.

Seems to me they are using this to drag it out and buy themselves a bit more time whilst Mad Vlad comes up with his next master plan.

Jack
24-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Just the twice for me so far. Maybe fill in another later:-)

BTW I told one of them I was filling it in. She wasn't very happy. 'That's just for hearts fans' she whined. Poor soul, I thought she was going to greet.

Must go and fill the form in AGAIN.

Kaiser1962
24-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Some of the Yamonomics on view are totally stunning. I know why Vlad bought them now.

None of them can ****ing count!

bighairyfaeleith
24-05-2011, 07:29 AM
only hearts would ask in there questionaire

"Do you have an interest in providing construction services for the new stadium?"

WTF :greengrin

Aye I'll build it for you ya daft manky bstards:na na:

Hibrandenburg
24-05-2011, 07:30 AM
What a faffing con. That survey is sooo just made to get the Vlad sheep frothing at the mouth to buy into something that they don't want and make them think they do. Bye bye Tincastle!

truehibernian
24-05-2011, 07:45 AM
For me it is classic desperate times call for desperate measures scenario.

I have never bought into the "Hearts in admin" type stories, and to be brutally honest, I have always hoped that they don't.......Hibs really do need a Hearts around the place IMHO for competition, rivalry, passion and football reasons.

However this latest development has me really quite concerned for their survival chances under Romanov. The half-cocked "questionnaire", the sudden release of this story, the admission that the cost of redeveloping Tynecastle is hugely cost ineffective.........even the new stadium proposal lacks real "structure" (pardon the pun). All I hear from Hearts sources are little soundbites, flowery words and plans and "if's, buts and maybe's".

What if the consultation process fails for the proposed site ? What if the council reject the plans/idea ? What is planning consents are blocked/delayed/require amendment ? Who pays for the infrastructure and travel/transport links ? Where do their team play ? Is the land Tynecastle sits on really worth much in the present climate and who will buy the land..........and more importantly, why is Mr Romanov not all over this story like the preverbial rash and beating his chest with all his "grand designs" ?

It should make every Hibs fan across the world truly thankful for the way our club is run and how we are placed in the football climate. Why we "worry" about the financial impact of a league placing, across the road they are genuinely worried about their entire existance (those intelligent Hearts fans and businessmen I have talked to anyhow).

number 27
24-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Thats two in the last ten minutes from Albert Kidd. :wink:

AndersonGGTTH
24-05-2011, 08:25 AM

Might now be able to use a working toilet next derby away day:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
24-05-2011, 09:15 AM
What has changed about building on the green belt since the last time Murray proposed a development there?

Classic stuff, and he hasn't even changed the script. Sucker the public by asking to build a stadium and forgetting to mention the acres of retail space that will sit alongside it.

If the Yams really care for this city, then: a) they wouldn't leave it, and b) they wouldn't be party to something that would affect the quality of life in it.

Discuss.

Hibs7
24-05-2011, 09:18 AM
There is as much chance of this happening as me winning the euro lottery
:monkey1::******:

degenerated
24-05-2011, 09:20 AM
If the Yams really care for this city, then: a) they wouldn't leave it, and b) they wouldn't be party to something that would affect the quality of life in it.

Discuss.

they fought for our quality of life so who are we to question them :agree:

Golden Bear
24-05-2011, 09:26 AM
That's mine submitted.

That is actually embarrassing.

Is the Libary a wind up? Surely, with the noise/atmosphere created at tin castle, it would have to close on matchdays.

Are they hoping they get enough jambo builders, plumbers, joiners etc to submit there details and build the new stadium for free.

Seems to me they are using this to drag it out and buy themselves a bit more time whilst Mad Vlad comes up with his next master plan.

The questions about contracts and the likely demand for community facilities are not as daft as they seem.

It's an attempt to prove that a "partnership agreement" with the Council could work in so far as the stadium could provide work for local based employers as well as acting as some sort of super douper community facility.

So now we have it:- David Murray, Mad Vlad and the Mad Cooncil all under the one roof --------- it's just got to be a winner hasn't it.

ScottB
24-05-2011, 09:40 AM
In a way I hope the Council are involved, as it will likely make the project cost ten times as much as projected, take 5 times as long and be downgraded into a 5,000 seater stadium with two portaloos and a hotdog stand.

Steve-O
24-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Thank you for completing the Questionnaire and thank you for your support :greengrin

poolman
24-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Taken from the Daily Rantic from an article by Scott Crabbe about Murrayfield

Whatever the future holds, Crabbe is certain the dark days of dissent over former chairman Chris Robinson's plan to relocate to Murrayfield seven years ago won't be repeated.
He said: "That move would have been horrendous for the club. Around 25,000 fans would have been rattling around a stadium which holds 74,000.

25,000 my :asshole:

Another ex deluded Yam

His old man was a numpty as well :agree:

Andy74
24-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Not only are they not seeing this as a disaster they are actually seeing it as another reason to propel them to world domination.

They are a strange lot although I guess desperation will do that to you.

Andy74
24-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Some interesting bits here from Lith Director:

"We can't survive if we do not develop and we believe we can attract much bigger crowds if we have a bigger capacity.

"If we move the new ground must be very close to Tynecastle. It will probably be walking distance from Tynecastle. We're not looking for a ground far, far away.

"This is probably the biggest challenge for us to find a place like this. It can be a decision-making time this summer. Are we staying or are we leaving?"

greenginger
24-05-2011, 11:18 AM

"We can't survive if we do not develop and we believe we can attract much bigger crowds if we have a bigger capacity.

"If we move the new ground must be very close to Tynecastle. It will probably be walking distance from Tynecastle. We're not looking for a ground far, far away.

"This is probably the biggest challenge for us to find a place like this. It can be a decision-making time this summer. Are we staying or are we leaving?"

I understand a 20 mile walk is quite normal in Lithland. :greengrin

sixtwo
24-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Just cast ma votes on the yams new stadium..:rolleyes: Said yes tae every pointless thing that would waste ridiculous amounts of cash, including the library, facilities for Hertz ladies and the stadium located 20 miles west of its current location.

Given the fact that anybody can complete this "form" , ......is it possible that this is a total load of p**h and it`s yet another lithuanian smokescreen , hiding the fact that they`re goin doon the s***epan, and trying to keep the knuckle-dragging inbreds onside. Laughable in itself given they punted "the pieman" for the very same thing..........Comedy gold.:lolyam:

I done the same thing yesterday. I completed the form as Franck Sauzee tel no 07076 207077:devil:

Killiehibbie
24-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Mr W. Mitty, 20+ years season ticket holder has completed it and what a grand vision of the future he has.

Peevemor
24-05-2011, 11:27 AM
This from someyam called 'the treasurer' (:faf:) on Brokeback

So many people are so far of the mark it's frightening.

By staying put we would have to spend £20m to gain 1700 extra seats and a couple of corporate boxes.
That doesn't make economic sense.

Just "tarting up" the current stand to meet H&S requirements can only be done for couple more years before the council say no.
That is an undeniable fact, so where would we be once the stand is closed on safety grounds.

People say we don't need any bigger capacity than 19k as we never get any bigger crowds.
Yes we wouldn't get that against St Mirren or Motherwell etc but if we can push on (and with extra revenue there is no reason why not) then regular Europa League group games (or better http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) would see the likes of (from this seasons qualifiers) Spurs, Roma, Shalke playing at "New Tynecastle.
Tell me we couldn't get 25k against teams like that.

Those that say "if we move than I'm not going back" I ask you one thing, do you support Hearts or Tynecastle

No-one wants to move but if it means our clubs grows and becomes more successful then I for one am prepared to move with the times

MacBean
24-05-2011, 11:29 AM

Murrayfield :greengrin

Andy74
24-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Funny now though that they are all suddenly in agreement with us that the current model will not work and that they won't survive as it stands.

I thought they had it all in hand? :confused:

degenerated
24-05-2011, 11:35 AM
This from someyam called 'the treasurer' (:faf:) on Brokeback

there was a beauty from one of their directors, his name escapes me but he sounded like a character from an asterix book, who proclaimed that "there are no big teams playing in small grounds"

if that mere mention of bigness doesn't reel in both the top table of yams and the rank and file jamtards then i'd be as surprised as the willie bauld memorial committee were when they opened the biscuit tin and found that john borthwick had blown the lot on some trollope :greengrin

.Whitey.
24-05-2011, 11:38 AM
To the tune of the mercer song :devil:

Tell all the hearts you know
That their stand is the next thing to go
Its as auld as the hills
It can barely be filled
That their stand is the next thing to go

BEEJ
24-05-2011, 11:41 AM

Murrayfield :greengrin

Well that's that settled then.

Next question! :greengrin

DaveF
24-05-2011, 11:57 AM
if that mere mention of bigness doesn't reel in both the top table of yams and the rank and file jamtards then i'd be as surprised as the willie bauld memorial committee were when they opened the biscuit tin and found that john borthwick had blown the lot on some trollope :greengrin

:faf: :faf: :faf: