PDA

View Full Version : Yams Yams to leave the Tin Castle?

Pages : 1 [2]

Saorsa
24-05-2011, 12:33 PM
there was a beauty from one of their directors, his name escapes me but he sounded like a character from an asterix book, who proclaimed that "there are no big teams playing in small grounds"

if that mere mention of bigness doesn't reel in both the top table of yams and the rank and file jamtards then i'd be as surprised as the willie bauld memorial committee were when they opened the biscuit tin and found that john borthwick had blown the lot on some trollope :greengrin:LOL: :hilarious :rotflmao:

steakbake
24-05-2011, 12:34 PM
:hilarious

Well that's that settled then.

Next question! :greengrin

Don't you mean "Question next?"

down the slope
24-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Some of them must be on something , what about this tube ?

"I would like us to stay at our spiritual home, so many happy memories, what i do not understand though is some people saying we'd struggle with crowds below 20k, were you all not at Murrayfield, for Euro games against Schalke & Sparta which exceeded 26k, not forgetting Barca, also what about the 40 odd thousand that went to Gretna Cup Final, those fans have not just died overnight.
The Club must work with the Council (or Council need to try harder with Club) to improve Tynecastle, with possible new main stand and up the capacity to 25k as most of us will want to remain at Tynecastle.
If the inevitable did happen and we'd have to leave then 25 - 30k new Stadium is the way forward. As who knows what would happen in the future with British Football and the possible scenario of joining up with English league if Scottish Football was to go breasts skywards. Crowds would improve with new competition and as someone has already pointed out we would exceed teams like Bolton, Wigan and West Brom with our fan base. "

Bigger than West Brom etc , i also see it's the councils fault that they are having to move.

bawheid
24-05-2011, 12:39 PM
there was a beauty from one of their directors, his name escapes me but he sounded like a character from an asterix book, who proclaimed that "there are no big teams playing in small grounds"

if that mere mention of bigness doesn't reel in both the top table of yams and the rank and file jamtards then i'd be as surprised as the willie bauld memorial committee were when they opened the biscuit tin and found that john borthwick had blown the lot on some trollope :greengrin

:top marks:greengrin

LeithBoozy
24-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Walking distance, the Jambo council must have sold them Saughton park, ? the sneeky bastas. :greengrin

Baader
24-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Walking distance, the Jambo council must have sold them Saughton park, ? the sneeky bastas. :greengrin

Saughton Jail would be a better proposal. Keep it locked up. Chuck the Yams and a few of their councillors in it...

Spike Mandela
24-05-2011, 01:15 PM

As someone who grew up in Sighthill and spent half my childhood playing in Sighthill park and with mates at Saughton Park why would the Council be so keen to plonk a stadium of any description on these vital green areas?

Hibs07p
24-05-2011, 01:58 PM

"I would like us to stay at our spiritual home, so many happy memories, what i do not understand though is some people saying we'd struggle with crowds below 20k, were you all not at Murrayfield, for Euro games against Schalke & Sparta which exceeded 26k, not forgetting Barca, also what about the 40 odd thousand that went to Gretna Cup Final, those fans have not just died overnight.
The Club must work with the Council (or Council need to try harder with Club) to improve Tynecastle, with possible new main stand and up the capacity to 25k as most of us will want to remain at Tynecastle.
If the inevitable did happen and we'd have to leave then 25 - 30k new Stadium is the way forward. As who knows what would happen in the future with British Football and the possible scenario of joining up with English league if Scottish Football was to go breasts skywards. Crowds would improve with new competition and as someone has already pointed out we would exceed teams like Bolton, Wigan and West Brom with our fan base. "

Bigger than West Brom etc , i also see it's the councils fault that they are having to move.

The obvious answer is to decant all of businesses and occupants of the tenements surrounding the PBS, to some new greenbelt site out west and allow Mad Vlad to develop the footprint that is left after demolishing the whole site. It's the only way forward. I don't know what the council are playing at.

JoJo_07
25-05-2011, 12:11 PM
I see they have started to source some of the materials (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Tattoo-stand39s-steel-stolen-by.6774088.jp) for the new stadium. :wink:

poolman
25-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Anybody work in the cooncil's planning dept. :greengrin

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Tynecastle-sale-set-to-kickstart.6774102.jp

PaulSmith
25-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Can anyone help explain why council officials, paid for by the tax payer, are pro-actively helping a foreign owned business sell assets and assist in awaiting them a new base?

pentlando
25-05-2011, 02:41 PM
I see all the Hearts fans are bleating on about how this time its great because they won't be playing at Murrayfield this time. I just had thought. If they do jump into bed with David Murray and he finances part of the stadium, i reckon he should get to call it after himself...

...how does 'Murray'field sound :wink:

Macaroon
25-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Will the yams have to change the lyrics to their songs?

What about the in your gorgie slums song... :greengrin

Aye, it'll be
Marks, Marks, Glorious Marks.
A brand new gorgie five-and-dime!

BS44
25-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Do UBIG still own MTZ Ripo or Partizan FC as they are called these days? They're getting a new stadium as well!

Partizan's new stadium (http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://www.mtz-ripo.by/stadium/new/&ei=eiLdTaTqGZGp8QOz1JzrDw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&v)

down the slope
25-05-2011, 04:18 PM
It's called pie in the sky stadium.

Caversham Green
26-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Statement from the great man himself here:http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110526/vr-part-1_2241384_2367202

Last sentence is interesting.

Originally Posted by His Vladness
I hope that the supporters and local authorities will support development plans because there's no future for the club without a new stadium.

Sergio sledge
26-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Statement from the great man himself here:http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110526/vr-part-1_2241384_2367202

Wow, just wow.

This trend makes me worried and wary. The circumstances surrounding such results are undoubtedly wicked. There are no excuses for it and we have to fight it. I'm waiting for suggestions and information from those who may have some information on what the reasons were for the weak end to the season.

EskbankHibby
26-05-2011, 10:40 AM
His Vladness - "hope that the supporters and local authorities will support development plans because there's no future for the club without a new stadium."

Well that seems pretty clear cut, i'm glad they are going through this 'consultation' process though.:greengrin

Basically "i'm selling Tynie and you accept it or the club goes bust", cue much forelock tugging from the servile masses.

CropleyWasGod
26-05-2011, 10:44 AM
"we may not be able to remove the planning obstacles that are in our way - health and safety hurdles."

Setting it up to blame the Council? :confused:

Caversham Green
26-05-2011, 10:52 AM
"we may not be able to remove the planning obstacles that are in our way - health and safety hurdles."

That sentence I quoted reads to me as ' If I don't get my way I'm closing the club and it'll be the fault of the Council or the supporters.'

Off topic, I see he'll be talking about the league reconstruction tomorrow - I'll genuinely be interested in that,

Gettin' Auld
26-05-2011, 11:03 AM

A shambolic club run by a crackpot - I'll be looking forward to reading Part 2 of the ramblings of a madman tomorrow.

Bye Bye ***********. :bye:

EskbankHibby
26-05-2011, 11:03 AM

Planning obstacles that every other **** has to comply with.

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by His Vladness
I hope that the supporters and local authorities will support development plans because there's no future for the club without a new stadium.

Surely he's not been telling porkies all along? Was it not the case that everything was in hand, and this borrowing from yourself was the way ahead? Anyone think the gamble has lost, or is vlad going to be true to his word? :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
26-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Mad Vlad's views summarised on the beeb website -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13562035.stm

What a fruitcake this guy is. Not a penny of Edinburgh council tax payers money to to this scheme and no relaxing of the planning rules either!

Find your local councillor here http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/councillors and drop them an email.

bringbackbenny
26-05-2011, 04:09 PM
What is this about??
[
"It is hard to believe that our team, who won against every opponent in the league, succeeded only once in the last 12 games.
"This trend makes me worried and wary. The circumstances surrounding such results are undoubtedly wicked.
"There are no excuses for it and we have to fight it.
"I'm waiting for some suggestions and information from those who may have some information on what the reasons were for the weak end to the season."
What is he implying?

eastmainsmsh
26-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Groundsharing at Ainslie park soon:wink:

GreenCastle
26-05-2011, 04:47 PM
His Vladness - "hope that the supporters and local authorities will support development plans because there's no future for the club without a new stadium."

Well that seems pretty clear cut, i'm glad they are going through this 'consultation' process though.:greengrin

Basically "i'm selling Tynie and you accept it or the club goes bust", cue much forelock tugging from the servile masses.

He's pretty much saying they plan to move and that is that.:confused:

Bostonhibby
26-05-2011, 05:00 PM

:greengrin cannae get on, any words of Wisdom from wee Shaun Lawson, the sage of Yamland?, whatever he says will be right, and 35 pages long.

Kaiser1962
26-05-2011, 05:09 PM
What is this about??
[
What is he implying?

He cant let Celtic get it all their own way. They are a BIG club too and it's what BIG clubs do.

3pm
26-05-2011, 05:55 PM
No better way for the mad one to 'help' out the JT's than sell the stadium to himself! Quality bit of land for himself at 5% over the highest bid - that'll give him a quick personal return while ensuring the JT's get their move!

I have a wild imagination.

leithsansiro
26-05-2011, 05:56 PM
If you fancy having a good giggle, the thread(s) on this whole matter on their forum is a good read. Obviously they have a few folk who have a bit of common sense, but the number of numpties who believe that they should be packing out a 40k + stadium is amazing.

One of the threads has links to graphics where Tynecastle's footprint has ben inserted into potential sites - genius! Ironically, one of said sites is a Sighthill - given that they have just demolished several large ugly structures, why would locals want another?

Carheenlea
26-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I have not read the whole thread so dont know if it has been brought up, but someone told me tonight that they had heard that Carrick Knowe Golf Club has been talked about as a possible location for a stadium?

Not too far fetched given the perilous state some golf clubs are in...

greenginger
26-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I have not read the whole thread so dont know if it has been brought up, but someone told me tonight that they had heard that Carrick Knowe Golf Club has been talked about as a possible location for a stadium?

Just south of PINK HILL a perfect location for the Yamodome ! :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

sahib
27-05-2011, 10:04 AM

It is a council course but a very busy and popular one, or it used to be. Portobello was to be sacrificed for the new porty school so maybe the council are getting out of the golf business.

dangermouse
27-05-2011, 10:26 AM

NO! NO! NO! It's bad enough living next to a partially built tramline but to include a brand new pink corrugated iron bus shelter nearby would just tip me over the edge. Matron, where's my medication.

lapsedhibee
27-05-2011, 02:22 PM

Interesting choice of words. Normals would probably talk about overcoming, rather than removing, obstacles. It's almost as if in his usual dealings Mr Vlad can have planning regulations, etc, completely bypassed. Wonder how he does that, and what colour of envelopes are involved. All successful businesses try to bribe council officials.

Greentinted
27-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Interesting choice of words. Normals would probably talk about overcoming, rather than removing, obstacles. It's almost as if in his usual dealings Mr Vlad can have planning regulations, etc, completely bypassed. Wonder how he does that, and what colour of envelopes are involved. All successful businesses try to bribe council officials.

:agree: Aye, those pesky H & S hurdles,put in place to protect the health and safety of the dafties who flock to the Asbestos Palace.

And as you say, just how does that disgrace of a Main Stand manage to remain on repeat prescription...?

The Harp
27-05-2011, 10:35 PM
One of the threads has links to graphics where Tynecastle's footprint has ben inserted into potential sites - genius! Ironically, one of said sites is a Sighthill - given that they have just demolished several large ugly structures, why would locals want another?

Hmmm, if the area becomes home for the Yambams, it could have a name change ... shighthill? :jamboak:

stokesmessiah
28-05-2011, 09:11 AM

"There is no future for the club without a new stadium," said the Lithuanian-based businessman

Someone correct me if i am wrong but was it not talk like this that got the pieman lynched???

whiskyhibby
28-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Thats mine in

Mine as well...................With my options the budget is likely to be £100M

:faf::faf::faf::lolyam::lolyam:

whiskyhibby
28-05-2011, 10:06 AM

"There is no future for the club without a new stadium," said the Lithuanian-based businessman

Someone correct me if i am wrong but was it not talk like this that got the pieman lynched???

What he means is the club has no future.................WTF is he going to get the cash to build it........

:ostrich::ostrich::ostrich:

R'Albin
28-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Mine as well...................With my options the budget is likely to be £100M

:faf::faf::faf::lolyam::lolyam:

Ca be arsed reading through all this thread, where can I find this?