PDA

View Full Version : The Crab

Jim44
22-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Now that Birmingham are relegated, what are the chances that Ferguson will 'decide' that he will play for the national team again? He always claimed he wasn't interested in a return as he wanted to focus on Birmingham's campaigns but today's failure might change his mind. Levein would take him back in an instant but personally I think he should stick by his principles and help BC to win promotion.

iwasthere1972
22-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Now that Birmingham are relegated, what are the chances that Ferguson will 'decide' that he will play for the national team again? He always claimed he wasn't interested in a return as he wanted to focus on Birmingham's campaigns but today's failure might change his mind. Levein would take him back in an instant but personally I think he should stick by his principles and help BC to win promotion.

He's probably asked Spurs for a room at White Hart Lane to hand in his transfer request to McLeish. At the same time phoning Super Ally to say that he is available.

Luna_Asylum
22-05-2011, 05:34 PM
he may not be required as someone told potter there are 9m scots in america

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport/Levein-casts-his-net-across.6772354.jp

nonshinyfinish
22-05-2011, 05:36 PM
GIRFUY, ya crab plum!

HibbyAndy
22-05-2011, 05:39 PM

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport/Levein-casts-his-net-across.6772354.jp

9 Million 'Claim' To have Scottish heritage.

Hibs Class
22-05-2011, 05:47 PM
My sympathy for Ferguson this afternoon was matched by my sympathy for McLeish :wink:

NYHibby
22-05-2011, 05:54 PM
9 Million 'Claim' To have Scottish heritage.

And most of those would have had their families emigrate pre-1900 meaning they are not eligible for the team. I choose the German option on the American census even though my family left Germany around 1730.

jdships
22-05-2011, 05:56 PM
GIRFUY, ya crab plum!

"Amen" to that :asshole:

iwasthere1972
22-05-2011, 05:58 PM

I cringe when I hear Scottish sportsmen/women being interviewed and they have an English/Aussie/New Zealand/American accent.

Desperation or what? This will certainly kill the game in Scotland if our home grown players are replaced by folk on the other side of the atlantic who can prove that they once made a phone call to our shores.

Westie1875
22-05-2011, 06:09 PM

Talk about desperation, Potter is a national embarrassment IMO.

jdships
22-05-2011, 06:25 PM
I cringe when I hear Scottish sportsmen/women being interviewed and they have an English/Aussie/New Zealand/American accent.

Desperation or what? This will certainly kill the game in Scotland if our home grown players are replaced by folk on the other side of the atlantic who can prove that they once made a phone call to our shores.

Unfortunately the game in Scotland has already "been killed " :greengrin
Where are todays Law, Baxter Dalgliesh ,Bremner , Smith , Johnstone Reilly,Turnbull ,Ormond et al coming from ? :wink:
Can you think of one , just one, current Scot who can be mentioned in the same breath as these guys :rolleyes:
I have no love and very little respect for HP but can you blame him ?
All he is doing is using the "system" laid down by FIFA

scotty1875
22-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Would love to have given Crabmaster the v-sign against my cheek gesture as he slumped off the pitch today :bye:

Luna_Asylum
22-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately the game in Scotland has already "been killed " :greengrin
Where are todays Law, Baxter Dalgliesh ,Bremner , Smith , Johnstone Reilly,Turnbull ,Ormond et al coming from ? :wink:
Can you think of one , just one, current Scot who can be mentioned in the same breath as these guys :rolleyes:
I have no love and very little respect for HP but can you blame him ?
All he is doing is using the "system" laid down by FIFA

so you reckon a scottish heritage yank with the abilty of the above mentioned players would jump at the chance to play for us

just a pathetic excuse for potter and associated cronies to waste our money earning themselves airmiles

leithsansiro
22-05-2011, 06:54 PM

Desperation, really?

Let's pretend for a second that this casting of the net towards the US uncovered some hidden gem who was a genuine contender. If someone was willing to pull on the navy blue and score winners in crucial matches, do you really think anyone in this country would be too worried that he isn't technically "Scottish"?

:saltireflag

The whole national boundaries thing is a tricky point. That said, I do think that the idea of living somewhere for a couple of years (such as Belgium or Poland) and then being eligible for selection is slightly ludicrous.

NYHibby
22-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Desperation, really?

Let's pretend for a second that this casting of the net towards the US uncovered some hidden gem who was a genuine contender. If someone was willing to pull on the navy blue and score winners in crucial matches, do you really think anyone in this country would be too worried that he isn't technically "Scottish"?

The thing is that the US national team would already be aware of anyone Levein could possibly find and would have decided there wasn't the potential for a US cap. He is really scraping the bottom of a very small barrel. There can't be more than a dozen uncapped MLS regulars with a Scottish grandparent.

For an idea of the quality we are talking, the first name that jumped to my mind was Stuart Holden's younger brother, who is legitimately Scottish. Euan Holden had trials with League 2 teams this year but wasn't able to get a contract.

H18sry
22-05-2011, 08:59 PM

:agree:

Dunbar Hibee
22-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Levein is an absolute tit of the highest order... I may get slated by a few on here but I personally couldn't give a **** about Scotland till he goes.

sesoim
23-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Scotland don't need a one paced midfielder who makes simple passes and then points afterwards as if he is the main man conducting the whole team. We need players who actually do something useful.

To think Rangers sold Charlie Adams for peanuts (Hibs could have afforded him at the time). Adams couldn't get a game in his best position because golden boy Ferguson had to get his game there. Next season Adams will be at a top club and Fergie will be at Doncaster and Barnsley. Serves him right.