PDA

View Full Version : All change please

leithsansiro
22-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Season 2010-11 over. Done and Dusted. And we were crap.

Let's get all the negativity out of the way. This year, lets hope that we don't

bemoan the lack of signings and trust our managers opinion
bemoan the players we have signed and trust our managers opinion
single out one player for being universally useless (even though we'd all struggle to match his ability
critisise the managers tactics (especially since too many fans seem to think that tactics are small mints that come in a box)
hark back to when Hibs were much better than they are now
decide that this team is the worst since the 70's/80's/90's/last week and publically say so at every opportunity

I like to moan sometimes. Cleansing is good for the soul. But, for the good of Hibs and the team, lets get behind them in every possible way.

Actually, do you reckon that by September, all of the above will have been disregarded by a vocal minority in the stands?

At The Edge
22-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Boooooo! :wink:

:greengrin

Roll on next season is all i can say, actually looking forward to it, think we'll see a massive improvement down ER way.

:cgwa

leithsansiro
22-05-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm looking forward to it hugely. After the anticlimax that was this year, I think we need to really back the team and show everyone why we are one of the top Scottish clubs

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I would hope that circumstances are such next season, that no one would even consider doing any of that. The thing is though, that all of the things on your gripe list are characteristics of football supporters in general and not just Hibbies.

leithsansiro
22-05-2011, 04:27 PM
I would hope that circumstances are such next season, that no one would even consider doing any of that. The thing is though, that all of the things on your gripe list are characteristics of football supporters in general and not just Hibbies.

Exactly. I'd prefer it if we were a class apart from most."Hibs class', so to speak:agree:

Saorsa
22-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm looking forward to it hugely. After the anticlimax that was this year, I think we need to really back the team and show everyone why we are one of the top Scottish clubsNice sentiment but ultimately a load of cobblers IMO. That team had plenty of backing from the stands last season and look where that got us.

What will make us look like a top Scottish club is the signing of and puting on the park a decent team, not sitting in the stands applauding any old junk that is put in front of us. At the moment we are nae better than, Mothewell or Kilmarnock, teams with much less resources.

leithsansiro
22-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Nice sentiment but ultimately a load of cobblers IMO. That team had plenty of backing from the stands last season and look where that got us.

What will make us look like a top Scottish club is the signing of and puting on the park a decent team, not sitting in the stands applauding any old junk that is put in front of us. At the moment we are nae better than, Mothewell or Kilmarnock, teams with much less resources.

Quite true, and we shouldn't applaud any old rubbish. However, we certainly shouldn't be booing players and giving them a hard time on forums just because we blame certain individuals for our shortcomings.