PDA

View Full Version : Disabled supporters forum

oconnors_strip
21-05-2011, 08:38 PM
anyone else been invited to the disabled supporters forum this coming monday at easter road?

Sir David Gray
22-05-2011, 01:49 PM
:confused: First I've heard of this.

What did the letter say that the forum was going to be about exactly? Who sent you the letter?

Would be very interested to hear more about this and I'm a bit confused as to why I haven't been informed since I'm a season ticket holder. :dunno:

sleeping giant
22-05-2011, 01:53 PM

What did the letter say that the forum was going to be about exactly? Who sent you the letter?

Would be very interested to hear more about this and I'm a bit confused as to why I haven't been informed since I'm a season ticket holder. :dunno:

I think they only want it to last a couple of hours :greengrin

Sir David Gray
22-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I think they only want it to last a couple of hours :greengrin

:tee hee: I would have a number of things to say right enough. :greengrin

Somebody fancy going on my behalf and they can be my proxy vote? :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
22-05-2011, 02:37 PM

If you want to go you should give them a phone - there's always loads of folk that don't turn up to these things so I'm sure they could squeeze you in.

iwasthere1972
22-05-2011, 02:49 PM

A phone call to the correct person at Easter Road should set the wheels in motion. :aok:

LeithBoozy
22-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Introductions & Registations.
Welcome from Hibernian FC.
presentation on cafe.
questions & answers.
Issues faced by hibernian disabled supporters.
Launching a hibernian DSA.
Potential Interim office bearers
Next steps.
The lassie running it is one Nicola Laing,I hope this helps you mate. :wink:

Sir David Gray
22-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Introductions & Registations.
Welcome from Hibernian FC.
presentation on cafe.
questions & answers.
Issues faced by hibernian disabled supporters.
Launching a hibernian DSA.
Potential Interim office bearers
Next steps.
The lassie running it is one Nicola Laing,I hope this helps you mate. :wink:

Cheers for that.

I don't know Nicola Laing but I think I know who'll be behind it all. :agree:

It's a shame I didn't know about this a bit earlier as I could have arranged things a bit differently.

Already have another meeting to go to tomorrow evening.

Pity...

ronaldo7
22-05-2011, 03:12 PM
My daughter got an invite but can't attend. Looks like they want to start up a disabled supporters branch. should be good for getting your thoughts direct to the club.

Sir David Gray
22-05-2011, 03:23 PM
My daughter got an invite but can't attend. Looks like they want to start up a disabled supporters branch. should be good for getting your thoughts direct to the club.

They do. I've been in discussion with a guy from the organisation who seems to running this event for quite a while and he's keen to get a Hibs DSA set up.

oconnors_strip
22-05-2011, 03:57 PM

My dad was the one who got the initial invitation and he isn't disabled, he had a carer season ticket last season. I didn't get a letter so I phoned nicola laing and explained my situation, she found it weird how I hadn't been invited and said it would be ok for me to attend.

If people have any questions or points then post them here

Cod Boy
22-05-2011, 08:09 PM
my wife has been taking her dad for the last 8 years. So my question is how they never got a letter about this

H18sry
22-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Is Nicola Laing the new disabled contact with in the club?

oconnors_strip
22-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Yes she is ronnie.

H18sry
22-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Yes she is ronnie.

:thumbsup:

mickki40
23-05-2011, 01:55 AM
@ Nikki... Makka is coming up from Durham for it.

oconnors_strip
23-05-2011, 08:59 PM
very sucessful meeting at easter road tonight, the outcome being there will be a Hibernian Disable Supporters Assocaition. a group of us are going to meet in the next couple of weeks to get things started, with Keith Ferguson of CAFE helping us and also input from the club itself.

after the initial meeting of the DSA i will post more in depth details on here and the club will be making announcements.

the answer to some people's questions are-

the reason to being told you must move your season ticket is that a concessionary ticket must be within 6 rows of an exit, this is down to health and safety

only people who get the higher rate of mobility DLA are entitled to a carer getting a cheaper season ticket

Sir David Gray
23-05-2011, 09:52 PM
very sucessful meeting at easter road tonight, the outcome being there will be a Hibernian Disable Supporters Assocaition. a group of us are going to meet in the next couple of weeks to get things started, with Keith Ferguson of CAFE helping us and also input from the club itself.

after the initial meeting of the DSA i will post more in depth details on here and the club will be making announcements.

the answer to some people's questions are-

the reason to being told you must move your season ticket is that a concessionary ticket must be within 6 rows of an exit, this is down to health and safety

only people who get the higher rate of mobility DLA are entitled to a carer getting a cheaper season ticket

Cheers for the update. :aok:

I know Keith Ferguson fairly well as I met with him last year and have spoken with him a number of times.

I wonder why he didn't get in touch to tell me this was happening. :confused:

lucky
23-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Is Keith Ferguson not a jambo ST holder?

Sir David Gray
23-05-2011, 11:29 PM

Not sure if he's a season ticket holder but he's certainly a Jambo. :agree:

Hank Schrader
23-05-2011, 11:48 PM

He is. I know him through work and is a good honest Jambo. Spoke to him about his CAFE work, an excellent project and hope it is making a difference for disabled supporters.

Keiths a sound bloke even if he is of maroon persuasion!

Cod Boy
24-05-2011, 12:15 AM
what a load of crap if you are disabled you should have got a letter/phone call about this meeting hardly rocket sicence as everyone is on the data base. And we wonder why they call us the wee team

oconnors_strip
24-05-2011, 05:20 PM
what a load of crap if you are disabled you should have got a letter/phone call about this meeting hardly rocket sicence as everyone is on the data base. And we wonder why they call us the wee team

Once we actually get the association up and running all current disabled data base members will be contacted and things will go forward from there.

crash
24-05-2011, 06:20 PM

We must have the highest proportion of disabled fans in world football judging by the amount of vehicles parked in St. Clair Street on a matchday, particularly over recent seasons.

Sir David Gray
24-05-2011, 08:47 PM
We must have the highest proportion of disabled fans in world football judging by the amount of vehicles parked in St. Clair Street on a matchday, particularly over recent seasons.

:agree: It's ridiculous the amount of cars that are parked on St Clair Street on matchday.

I often sit in the car for a while and watch other people park up and get out and the number of people who are clearly not the badgeholder of the blue badge on the dashboard is astonishing.

Jonnyboy
24-05-2011, 08:56 PM
:agree: It's ridiculous the amount of cars that are parked on St Clair Street on matchday.

I often sit in the car for a while and watch other people park up and get out and the number of people who are clearly not the badgeholder of the blue badge on the dashboard is astonishing.

I walk up there FH, give me a wave and I'll stop for a natter (if you promise I wont miss the kick off :greengrin)

One wee thing though, not every disability is physical and so not always apparent when someone parks up and wanders off towards the stadium. Having said that I have wondered at some I see

Sir David Gray
24-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I walk up there FH, give me a wave and I'll stop for a natter (if you promise I wont miss the kick off :greengrin)

One wee thing though, not every disability is physical and so not always apparent when someone parks up and wanders off towards the stadium. Having said that I have wondered at some I see

I know you can't always judge someone's disability level (or not as the case may be) just by looking at them, but when you see dads in their early 30s and two young kids literally jump out the car and sprint up the road, you do start to wonder.

They're not on their own either.

I might take you up on that chat though.

Make sure you're there for before 2pm though! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
24-05-2011, 09:02 PM
I know you can't always judge someone's disability level (or not as the case may be) just by looking at them, but when you see dads in their early 30s and two young kids literally jump out the car and sprint up the road, you do start to wonder.

They're not on their own either.

Agreed and I see that too :agree:

Don-hibee
24-05-2011, 09:07 PM

How do you know that, when they have to display the badge with the badge number and valid to date up and not the photo side? If they are being abused why not take the details and report them, I would as I have a disabled son.

Sir David Gray
24-05-2011, 09:12 PM
How do you know that, when they have to display the badge with the badge number and valid to date up and not the photo side? If they are being abused why not take the details and report them, I would as I have a disabled son.

Like I say, when you see loads of dads in their early 30s with young children in tow, it's fairly obvious that the badge has been taken from the granny for the day.

It's up to the parking attendants to ask people to show them the picture of the badgeholder if there's any doubt.

They do have that power but they rarely do it.

ArabHibee
25-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Once we actually get the association up and running all current disabled data base members will be contacted and things will go forward from there.
Nikki, did :slipper: turn up for the forum?

oconnors_strip
25-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Nikki, did :slipper: turn up for the forum?

No he didn't. Think the weather might have been the issue there

ArabHibee
25-05-2011, 10:16 PM
No he didn't. Think the weather might have been the issue there

Bummer.

:tee hee:

hibs-official
10-06-2011, 02:22 AM
i was phoned and wrote out to about this but i didnt feel very well so didnt come up from durham i had the 12th man bash on the friday, had to go back home saturday as was playing cricket then back up on the monday... just felt ill so didnt go.