PDA

View Full Version : Celtic

sunshine1875
21-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Glad to see that the Admins have closed the congrats thread. But it prevented me from saying my piece.

Why would any Hibs fan want Celtic to win anything?

I still have memories from that horrible day when Celtic fans threw a gas canister into the East stand. Yes it was a few daft laddies, but when the Hibs fan streamed on to the pitch to get away from the gas, the worlds best fans started signing "we are Celtic supporters". Those on the pitch started to run to the away end and if I had been closer I would have joined them too. I do not use the word **** often, but I reserve it for Celtic supporters. I hate everything about them and that club. Lennon has just added to my absolute hatred of them.

End of - hate them!

Sammy7nil
21-05-2011, 07:07 PM
I have the same contempt for Rangers hearts and Celtic

The fans of them imho are ********

MrSmith
21-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Glad to see that the Admins have closed the congrats thread. But it prevented me from saying my piece.

I still have memories from that horrible day when Celtic fans threw a gas canister into the East stand. Yes it was a few daft laddies, but when the Hibs fan streamed on to the pitch to get away from the gas, the worlds best fans started signing "we are Celtic supporters". Those on the pitch started to run to the away end and if I had been closer I would have joined them too. I do not use the word **** often, but I reserve it for Celtic supporters. I hate everything about them and that club. Lennon has just added to my absolute hatred of them.

End of - hate them!

I was there too. It exploded about 8 feet from where I was standing with my mates. It was horrible and their antics while it was happening were completely unbelievable! I'm sure an old fella died in the tunnel that day too due to the CS Gas.

By the way, do you remember the press blaming the Hibs fans for this? All over the Glasgow media: Daily Record, Sun, Herald, Times, BBC, STV and whatever other outlet could point the finger... Even the SFA were looking at ways of hammering us until...Monday's Evening News came out with the two fannies being led off to court to be prosecuted. Full names and addresses printed!!

I don't hate Celtic but over the last few years I can find very little if any sympathy for them and their ways...

lapsedhibee
21-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Glad to see that the Admins have closed the congrats thread.

But only until Hessenhibee leaves something in his will to HNAP6.

HNA6
21-05-2011, 07:26 PM
But only until Hessenhibee leaves something in his will to HNAP6.Eh ..?...:confused:

HNA6
21-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Eh ..?...:confused:Fat finger syndrome ..swap BEQUEST for REQUEST ..:wink:

Hessen knows the drill ..:wink:

Pete
21-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Are people allowed to congratulate celtic on this thread or is it just for those who hate them?

Hibernia Na Eir
21-05-2011, 08:08 PM

End of - hate them!

nah. Hate Rangers and everythin they stand for a million times more than any other club. Gas canister is one thing but being spat on and called a fenian b when i was a kid walkin up albion road still really gets to me. Total and utter hatred doesnt even come close!

HNA6
21-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Are people allowed to congratulate celtic on this thread or is it just for those who hate them?Crack on ..I cant understand why anyone would congratulate celc on anything ..fill yer boots mate ..congratulate celc away ..:confused:

givescotlandfreedom
21-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Congratulate the team that's done everything it can to destroy us since 1888? Nah you're all right.

MrSmith
21-05-2011, 08:28 PM
nah. Hate Rangers and everythin they stand for a million times more than any other club. Gas canister is one thing but being spat on and called a fenian b when i was a kid walkin up albion road still really gets to me. Total and utter hatred doesnt even come close!

Funny you should mention that! I had that same experience at Parkhead. Mind boggling eh!?

Winston Ingram
21-05-2011, 08:34 PM
I cannae believe that thread. Why on earth would someone post that on here. I feel a wee bit sick:confused:

**** Celtic

Hibernia Na Eir
21-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Funny you should mention that! I had that same experience at Parkhead. Mind boggling eh!?

aye. The reason i despise RFC. As you say, mindboggling!

hibeedonald
21-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Rangers and Celtic are the real enemy, ****ing hate them

hate hearts on derby day but in normal society they seem to be OK...ish

Hibernia Na Eir
21-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Rangers and Celtic are the real enemy, ****ing hate them

hate hearts on derby day but in normal society they seem to be OK...ish

is that what you honestly think or are you conveying the Hibs.Net motto?

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Dislike list
HMFC
Celts
Gers
Just cos i can i suppose!
Celts are putting on a sprint to get to the front recently tho!

HNA6
21-05-2011, 09:09 PM
is that what you honestly think or are you conveying the Hibs.Net motto?What do you mean by the hibs.net motto ..?

ScottB
21-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Love this blanket 'I pure hate anyone / anything that supports team X' patter. What're you guys? Like 5 years old? Fair enough if you have some horrible personal experience, but still.

Every team has its band of moron supporters, while some teams have many more than others, there are also large numbers of decent, normal human beings among them. Hell most of us only support the team we do because of family or friends when we are kids, its not as if it's hardwired into us!

In any case, I struggle to understand why any Hibs fan would give a toss either way as to whether Celtic, or anybody else for that matter, wins or loses. I can appreciate a desire for Hearts to not to win things sure, but beyond that, I couldn't care either way.

All game long my Facebook feed was full of folk going on about hating Celtic, hating Lennon, spouting Irish insults (bizarre from fans of a club that has Irishness in its roots if nothing else) and lots of other nonsense. Have these folk honestly got nothing better to do with their lives than to sit around and get that worked up?

So Celtic have won another Cup, who the hell actually cares? If you do you should maybe find something better to do with your days.

broonie27
21-05-2011, 09:11 PM

End of - hate them!

Don't like any Scottish team apart from the Hibees but the admins closing that thread is just another example of the censorship that goes on on this board and why I generally never post on it.

HNA6
21-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Love this blanket 'I pure hate anyone / anything that supports team X' patter. What're you guys? Like 5 years old?

Every team has its band of moron supporters, while some teams have many more than others, there are also large numbers of decent, normal human beings among them. Hell most of us only support the team we do because of family or friends when we are kids, its not as if it's hardwired into us!

In any case, I struggle to understand why any Hibs fan would give a toss either way as to whether Celtic, or anybody else for that matter, wins or loses. I can appreciate a desire for Hearts to not to win things sure, but beyond that, I couldn't care either way.

All game long my Facebook feed was full of folk going on about hating Celtic, hating Lennon, spouting Irish insults (bizarre from fans of a club that has Irishness in its roots if nothing else) and lots of other nonsense. Have these folk honestly got nothing better to do with their lives than to sit around and get that worked up?

So Celtic have won another Cup, who the hell actually cares? If you do you should maybe find something better to do with your days.You obviously cared enough tae post a detailed post on the subject ..if you dont like the thread subject ..dont respond to it ..but hey ..you posted to get a response ..:aok:

sunshine1875
21-05-2011, 09:16 PM

You have to be on the wind-up!!!

ScottB
21-05-2011, 09:20 PM
You obviously cared enough tae post a detailed post on the subject ..if you dont like the thread subject ..dont respond to it ..but hey ..you posted to get a response ..:aok:

I did, because it interested me to see what people thought, you know, a discussion? On a Messageboard? What madness...

You have to be on the wind-up!!!

Why? Because I couldn't care less that Celtic won yet another trophy today? Or that Rangers won the League last week? You consider it strange that I'm not sat here cursing the names of their players cause they won and Motherwell didn't?

I'm not congratulating them either before anyone says that, it is of no consequence to me whether any team that isn't us wins or loses unless it benefits Hibs in some fashion. I support Hibs, doesn't mean I have to 'hate' every team that isn't Hibs.

HNA6
21-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Don't like any Scottish team apart from the Hibees but the admins closing that thread is just another example of the censorship that goes on on this board and why I generally never post on it.Behave ..a thread on hibs.net congratulating Celc winning the cup ..naw ..you want some Celc backslapping congratulationary threads then hit the Celc forums ..im sure you will be welcome ..

Fantic
21-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Well done Celtc..

Suppose the main reason being that a lot of Rangers and Hearts fans would have been supporting motherwell so its good to know they're spewing.

Saorsa
21-05-2011, 09:26 PM
**** celtc

HNA6
21-05-2011, 09:27 PM
I did, because it interested me to see what people thought, you know, a discussion? On a Messageboard? What madness...

Aye ..& ma horlicks is gettng cold ..madness ah tell ye ..:paranoid:

Hibs Class
21-05-2011, 09:33 PM

Really? Were you there on the day the gas was thrown? I was, and given the option of being called a rude name or suffering the effects of tear gas in a crowded, confined space, I know what I'd choose.

Winston Ingram
21-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Well done Celtc..

Suppose the main reason being that a lot of Rangers and Hearts fans would have been supporting motherwell so its good to know they're spewing.

I think most people on this board were supporting Motherwell as well. Probably most of Scotland were:confused:

broonie27
21-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Behave ..a thread on hibs.net congratulating Celc winning the cup ..naw ..you want some Celc backslapping congratulationary threads then hit the Celc forums ..im sure you will be welcome ..

And that is just the type of studied reply I'd expect. Thanks for the re-enforcement :aok:

HNA6
21-05-2011, 09:46 PM
And that is just the type of studied reply I'd expect. Thanks for the re-enforcement :aok:Please explain what response you expected ..or more to the point the response you expected from me ..?

Hibs are my club ..I despise hearts/rangers/celc ..

Winston Ingram
21-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Don't like any Scottish team apart from the Hibees but the admins closing that thread is just another example of the censorship that goes on on this board and why I generally never post on it.

Calm yer beans.

Ye'll no be missed:bye:

Fantic
21-05-2011, 09:58 PM
I think most people on this board were supporting Motherwell as well. Probably most of Scotland were:confused:

So it's ok to support Motherwell but not Celtc

Saorsa
21-05-2011, 10:03 PM
I have the same contempt for Rangers hearts and Celtic

The fans of them imho are ********:agree:

Didnae bother with the H****s badge as it wouldnae fit where I was going tae put it (right in the middle) but I'm sure folk will get the idea

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/twocheekssameerse.jpg

This erse is actually too nice for them but I'm no looking for the kind they should really be on

CRAZYHIBBY
21-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Celtic have been like a cancer to Hibs ever since they were founded. They replaced us as scotlands biggest team and have taken players, managers and scouts from us ...they even took the hoops from our jerseys.

Gatecrasher
21-05-2011, 10:04 PM
**** celtc

:agree:

Sherlock Jones
21-05-2011, 10:06 PM
http://www.graham-jones-online.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/hnet/celtick2.jpg

broonie27
21-05-2011, 10:08 PM

... and you are supposed to be OUR moderator?

The Harp
21-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Can't see why folk on here are getting so worked up over a cup final which didn't involve Hibs. Okay so Celtic lifted the Cup yet again, so what? :dunno:

Matty_Jack04
21-05-2011, 10:15 PM
it gets right on my teets all this hibs and celtic pals thing that club is vermin to the core, i remember watching hearts v celtic a couple of years back and celtic where cruising and chanting hibees hibees made me cringe almost as much as when they brought those mis spelt banners to ER.......morons

order of hate

rangers .. celtic joint top
hearts close 2nd

ScottB
21-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Can't see why folk on here are getting so worked up over a cup final which didn't involve Hibs. Okay so Celtic lifted the Cup yet again, so what? :dunno:

Apparently you're not a real fan unless your sitting stewing with rage at a select list of other clubs.

HNA6
21-05-2011, 10:26 PM
... and you are supposed to be OUR moderator?Im not YOUR moderator...dinnae flatter yersel eh ..

BEEJ
21-05-2011, 10:30 PM
That kind of thread is always likely to be provocative and will soon get out of control. It was sensible to lock it down.

Of course, it wasn't long before the topic popped up again on this thread - and it's already showing promising signs of boiling over nicely. :greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-05-2011, 10:40 PM
In 2001, I remember coming back on the train from the Cup Final really pissed off we'd lost the only Scottish Cup Final I have STILL only seen Hibs play in. On the train there was a Celtic fan opposite me, I recognised him from school, gloryhunting Celtic fan from Edinburgh (****er), had a right go at him for being a gloryhunting bassa, too many of those cretins. Less than 2 hours after they'd won Cup Final, there he is on the train back home, no emotion, just another cup win to him. :grr:

**** all the big teams. C'mon the underdogs. :aok:

Unbelievable that any Hibby would want one of the OF to win anything. :rolleyes:

The Harp
21-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Apparently you're not a real fan unless your sitting stewing with rage at a select list of other clubs.

Do you think it's worth trying to provide a distraction ... maybe a flag debate?!? :hide:

Leishy1995
21-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Personally didn't care much for the Scottish Cup final unless hibs were in it, the only highlight was a hibs lad lifting the trophy* spell that if you want, let me down broony bowing down to those fans...

Hibs Class
21-05-2011, 11:00 PM
it gets right on my teets all this hibs and celtic pals thing that club is vermin to the core, i remember watching hearts v celtic a couple of years back and celtic where cruising and chanting hibees hibees made me cringe almost as much as when they brought those mis spelt banners to ER.......morons

order of hate

rangers .. celtic joint top
hearts close 2nd

Think you'll find that puts them third :nerd:

Dunbar Hibee
21-05-2011, 11:16 PM
I hate Hearts more than the old firm likesy. Just saying.

ekhibee
21-05-2011, 11:16 PM
when my sister was 6 she was coming home from a friends and was spat on by a crowd of 'people' wearing maroon and white scarfs, who had been drinking heavily and were swearing directly at her. So from my point of view, when somebody comes on here and talks about how they hate Celtic more than Hearts, just remember what I am saying in this post, and try and understand that I don't agree with you and never ever will.

hibb1
21-05-2011, 11:18 PM

End of - hate them!

lol i got a stud from a boot that day from being on the pitch still got it now,I was at final with my auld boy the day hes a celtc fan and i wanted them to win,He took me to my first game hibs/celtc at easter road turned out bad for him i supported Hibs ever since me and now my laddie have s tickets me for over 20 yrs laddie for 5
Oh aye and i respect neil lennon also respect walter smith both winners why would that make me less a Hibby?

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-05-2011, 11:25 PM

End of - hate them!

Think the boy got his just desserts and ended up dying in jail.

I wouldn't say all there fans are all the same, there are some decent Celtic fans out there, but they're hardly the world's greatest fans. :agree:

madabouthibs
21-05-2011, 11:33 PM
While watching the game today, my lad asked me who I wanted to win.
I said Hibs. :agree:

ScottB
22-05-2011, 12:26 AM
when my sister was 6 she was coming home from a friends and was spat on by a crowd of 'people' wearing maroon and white scarfs, who had been drinking heavily and were swearing directly at her. So from my point of view, when somebody comes on here and talks about how they hate Celtic more than Hearts, just remember what I am saying in this post, and try and understand that I don't agree with you and never ever will.

Which is a vile and disgusting thing for sure, but you can't tar an entire group of people with that brush.

I know plenty Hearts fans who are top folk, can talk about football with a level of intelligence / sense of humour like anyone else etc. Conversely I know Hibs fans who are, for want of a better phrase, complete and utter ****.

Being a Hearts fan, or a Celtic fan or a bloody Partick Thistle fan doesn't make you some sort of moron, anymore than being a Hibs fan automatically equates to the Sun shining out of our collective rear ends.

All this totally unnecessary levels of hate, and for sure the moronic elements in all our supports are to blame. My Grandad has stories about how back in the day everyone would go see Hibs one week, then when they were away the next week, they'd all just go see Hearts instead, regardless of which of the two folk supported, sure there was rivalry, and rivalry is an important and obvious thing, but this snarling hatred some folk seem to have for anything and everything associated with other clubs, why? If a guy in a Hearts strip shouts abuse at you, doesn't mean all of em are d*cks, it means he's a d*ck!

Bad Martini
22-05-2011, 01:05 AM
The truth is, celtic are a bunch of *****. As are, to a far worse degree, rangers. Then we have the yambo bambos somewhere up there anaw. Must we REALLY have to pick which are the biggest shower of *******s?

They're aw bawbags.

ENDOF

MON THE HIBS YA BASS.

green.and.white
22-05-2011, 02:13 AM
When hibs get knocked out, I then want either old firm to win the Scottish cup, because it would pain me to see Motherwell Or Dundee Utd etc win it... And then wonder how the hell Hibs can't just do that!!!

hibiedude
22-05-2011, 04:54 AM
For the first time I expressed an opinion regarding which of the forces of darkness I wanted to win the league and that was based on Lennon antics this season.

I wanted Motherwell to win yesterday and over the years I have always supported the underdog in Cup finals I think most neutral fans think the same especially when Celtic and Rangers are involved.

With regards to the old-firm I have no time for these bigoted clubs and the fans that sing those vile songs as for the yams my hatred is only for match days.

SkintHibby
22-05-2011, 05:55 AM
Please explain what response you expected ..or more to the point the response you expected from me ..?

HNA6, if you're going to talk about them, at least spell their name correctly....it's Celtc!:wink:

By the way **** Celtc!

lapsedhibee
22-05-2011, 05:56 AM
My Grandad has stories about how back in the day everyone would go see Hibs one week, then when they were away the next week, they'd all just go see Hearts instead

:tsk tsk: Proper fans went to see Hibs one week: then, when they were away the next week, they'd all just go to see Hibs reserves instead. You're right that there wasn't the same level of 'hatred' between Hibs and Hearts fans, but I have always - always - loathed the Huns coming to town. For some reason in the days before segregation I didn't find Cltc fans as bad - perhaps at that time they were just putting on their best manners for visiting their cousins. Or, more likely, in the days of just one league visit per season there wasn't the same opportunity to fully appreciate their equal loathesomeness.

soupy
22-05-2011, 06:16 AM

Spot on mate..

Rougier45
22-05-2011, 06:33 AM
Like it or not there are lots of hibs fans who like Celtic - we are cut from the same cloth.

7Hero
22-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Do not like rangers or Celtic, really can't hate them to be honest, save the hatred for when I leave a derby defeat, that is the lowest of the low feeling which usually results in complete disdain for the gorgie muppets. I'd rather not give the old firm anytime or let them take any of my thought process, they are a product of our sad society. big clubs because people need to support success and or want to associate with the bigots. How many fans are actually genuine ??? When they win nothing for years what will there attendances be (we will never know).

I'm mystified how any of us can appreciate them winning anything ??? Likewise I'm amazed anybody would watch, I may be in the minority, but I can't stand watching any football game up here unless it involves Hibs let alone appreciate or want another team to win something.

hibsbollah
22-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Like it or not there are lots of hibs fans who like Celtic - we are cut from the same cloth.

You wont get much support for that view on here, and from 99% of Hibs fans. I'm not sure why so many folk are getting so wound up though, youre entitled to your opinion.

marinello59
22-05-2011, 08:12 AM
There was a cup final yesterday? :confused:

Ollie Reed
22-05-2011, 08:22 AM
There was a cup final yesterday? :confused:

Aye, Kim Little scored in a 2-0 Arsenal win.

Mac
22-05-2011, 08:24 AM

and that just shows how uneducated you are about the history of our club!!!

By the way, is your avatar a celebration for Celtic winning the league or Hearts losing it!!!

I for the life of me cannot understand why anyone could have liking for any other club in Scotland, for those who know me I may have a far better insight into the club you mention than most!!!!

lapsedhibee
22-05-2011, 08:32 AM

I'm not.

Ollie Reed
22-05-2011, 08:37 AM
As Hibsbollah said, if you have a soft spot for Celtic, then that's your opinion.

I'll never get it, can try to educate me on that til the end of time, and still wouldn't get it.

As for being 'cut from the same cloth'...Hibs never have been and never will be. Thankfully.

Hibs Class
22-05-2011, 08:53 AM

Like it or not there are far more hibs fans who find celtic a quite nauseating club, and that has little to do with what has happened this season.

Like it or not there are many hibs fans who would gladly have swapped their indifference to the OF for seeing celtic win nothing this year and that has much to do with what has happened this season.

Like it or not there are practically no hibs fans who would start a congratulory thread like this. And fewer still who would justify it with being cut from the same cloth. Never have been, never will be.

Lucius Apuleius
22-05-2011, 08:53 AM

Your opinion and entitled to itm personally totally disagree.
**** celtc.

StevieC
22-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Like it or not there are lots of hibs fans who like Celtic

I think there are a lot of Hibs fans that feel they have some sort of allegiance with Celtic.

Completed misguided in my opinion .. and f'all to do with football.

The OF are killing Scottish football, and ultimately killing the club I love. For that I despise them. The majority of their fans help cement those feelings.

Hearts are rivals and as such I would NEVER want to see them win so much as a game of dominoes. The majority of their supporters, believe it or not, are not much different from us and can (if you wish) be tolerated.

mickki40
22-05-2011, 09:00 AM
I personally only want Hibs to win things. I would not favour another team over another It's hibs or nothing in the SPL for me. I didn't even watch Celtic v Motherwell. I watched Wakefield v Castleford in Rugby league challenge cup. Awesome game for a non rugby watcher. Went to sudden death With Cas winning. Rare to see a sudden death play in Rugby So I am told

Kojock
22-05-2011, 10:13 AM
When I was about ten I was punched square in the puss by a big fat ugly horrible adult Celtc supporting FEMALE. My crime, standing on the terrace at ER clapping Hibs onto the pitch. Ever since then I have had a dislike for all things Celtc.

If you need another reason to despise them and all they stand for read Alan Lugtons excellent "Making of Hibernian Volume 1" then come back on here and spout gash about us being cut from the same cloth.

Dinkydoo
22-05-2011, 10:14 AM
The Celtic mindedness of some on here has become painfully apparent over last season and really it has nowt to do with football and more to do with secterianism.

I'm betting the same people use Rangers fans being bigots to justify thier feelings towards the smellies too - in fact, without naming names, some have done the very thing on this thread.

Madness. :crazy:

lyonhibs
22-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Which is a vile and disgusting thing for sure, but you can't tar an entire group of people with that brush.

I know plenty Hearts fans who are top folk, can talk about football with a level of intelligence / sense of humour like anyone else etc. Conversely I know Hibs fans who are, for want of a better phrase, complete and utter ****.

Being a Hearts fan, or a Celtic fan or a bloody Partick Thistle fan doesn't make you some sort of moron, anymore than being a Hibs fan automatically equates to the Sun shining out of our collective rear ends.

All this totally unnecessary levels of hate, and for sure the moronic elements in all our supports are to blame. My Grandad has stories about how back in the day everyone would go see Hibs one week, then when they were away the next week, they'd all just go see Hearts instead, regardless of which of the two folk supported, sure there was rivalry, and rivalry is an important and obvious thing, but this snarling hatred some folk seem to have for anything and everything associated with other clubs, why? If a guy in a Hearts strip shouts abuse at you, doesn't mean all of em are d*cks, it means he's a d*ck!

:agree::agree:

This thread should have ended after this post.

END OF. FACT. I AM SPARTACUS etc etc

Golden Bear
22-05-2011, 10:37 AM

Not in my experience.

In fact I'm delighted to say that I don't know any who will come into that category.

keep the faith
22-05-2011, 10:46 AM

I have never ever disagreed with a Hibs net post more!!!

Sounds like you are cut from the same cloth, but "we" certainly are not!!

Saorsa
22-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Do you think it's worth trying to provide a distraction ... maybe a flag debate?!? :hide::agree: :stirrer:

I'll start with this flag

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/saltire_bannockburn2.jpg

The only flag that matters :thumbsup:

Hibernia Na Eir
22-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Yet more celtic obsession! Why?

Sylar
22-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Can't understand why anyone who claims to be a Hibs fan would be cheering on the tims yesterday.

Evidently the intelligence to see all the ills associated with that poisonous institution is well and truly lacking.

Houchy
22-05-2011, 11:39 AM

Really??? I don't see many on here saying that, in fact I think you are alone in that one AND "We are cut from the same cloth"??? away and throw Sh**e at yourself. :bye:

J-C
22-05-2011, 12:01 PM
:agree: :stirrer:

The only flag that matters :thumbsup:

Be careful posting flags like this, One Day Soon will be on your case calling you anti English and calling you silly Scottish names etc, remember your not meant to be a proud Scot, we're meant to be British.:greengrin

Re the OP, if you're into Celtic that much, why not go the whole hog and get their shirt and sod off to Darkheid and support them.

I dodn't hate any supporters as such as I have mates who support Huns, Tic and Jambo's, it's the clubs I dislike because of who they are and what they represent, as a supporter of whatever club, that should be the only club in your thoughts, the rest are there to be beaten.

basehibby
22-05-2011, 12:28 PM
My old man and his brothers - all Hibbies - do have a soft spot for Celtic and that's their perogative.

I think that when they were growing up this was NOT such an unusual attitude.

In recent decades though, with the cynically executed OF stranglehold on the Scottish game growing ever stronger, the self-agrandising sanctimonious claptrap emanating from Parkhead growing ever louder, and with the hostile and corrupt truth of Celtic's origins becoming common knowledge amongst most Hibees due to the internet, attitudes have hardened towards the Smellies such that most of us hold them in contempt as a club these days.

As another poster has pointed out though, it's bewildering how some folk are getting so worked up just cos other Hibbies feel like offering their congratulations. Some folk would see that as a common courtesy in sport rather than an indication of hidden loyalties :dunno:

Westie1875
22-05-2011, 12:31 PM

Rubbish IMO, Hibs and Hibs fans have moved on from everything Celtic associate themselves with. I'd be embarrassed to be a Celtic sympathiser and I don't personally know any Hibs fan that is one.

sunshine1875
22-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Re the OP, if you're into Celtic that much, why not go the whole hog and get their shirt and sod off to Darkheid and support them.

Think you are getting confused with your threads. Read the OP again and I think there are enough clues as to what I think of Celtic.

bandylegs_jLeighton
22-05-2011, 01:19 PM
I find the opinion that 'we' are cut from the same cloth really offensive.

I would suggest that Celtic and Rangers have been torn from the same cloth, the fragments of which have spread throughout the country and unfortunately been picked up by the likes of Hessen.

J-C
22-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Think you are getting confused with your threads. Read the OP again and I think there are enough clues as to what I think of Celtic.
Oops, my bad, was thinking of the other thread re Celtic which is now closed, accept my apology, it was Hessenhibee I was having a go at. :aok:

Winston Ingram
22-05-2011, 01:43 PM

Is there? Thank **** I've not met any of them. What cloth exactly are you talking about?:confused:

Dashing Bob S
22-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Let's stop all this hate business. It just plays into our rival's hands.

After all, it leads to violence, even war, which Hearts then have to sort out and subsequently get all the kudos for.

When will we ever learn?

snooky
22-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Oddly enough, I know a few Rangers fans who have a soft spot for Hibs and vice versa yet can't think of anybody I know having similar sentiments with regards to Celtic.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I find the " cut from the same cloth " idea really offensive. Think that this suggests that if you are a catholic then you should have an inate leaning towards Celtc. Utter gash. Celtc FC will want to extend their community as far as possible for pounds, shillings and pence. Your team should come from your community or a least a direct connection to it. So that would be Leith or Edinburgh born no matter what religion you are. After a season where Celtc were actively promoting the myth that refs didn't make mistakes against them, but were active in some sort of ethnic discrimination, I would have happily seen them win, what that approach deserved. Nothing.

MrSmith
22-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Oddly enough, I know a few Rangers fans who have a soft spot for Hibs and vice versa yet can't think of anybody I know having similar sentiments with regards to Celtic.

I think that might be because they won the SPL twice at Easter Road and we, as reasonable fans, allowed them to gt on with the celebrations without any nonsense.

I think!

ScottB
22-05-2011, 02:26 PM
In all honesty, I find anyone who would hate someone purely for the team they support to be not a lot different from the bigots we seem to be constantly going on about on here these days.

It's pathetic.

Sir David Gray
22-05-2011, 03:00 PM

I can't believe I'm hearing this. :bitchy:

What "cloth" would that be? :confused:

We are not an Irish club like Celtic, neither have we been a club exclusively for Roman Catholics for over 100 years.

We are also not involved in Irish politics like Celtic's supporters are.

Hibs as a club are modern and have, in the most part, rejected all the garbage that attaches itself to the Old Firm and, to a lesser extent, Hearts. I am proud of that fact.

We are nothing like Celtic and that's the way it should always be. We are separate football clubs and that's the way that I hope the vast majority of Hibs fans feel about the situation. If anything it's Celtic who are like us. They are the ones who copied our model 123 years ago when they were formed and they are the ones who stole most of our team and left us in a desperate state to try and rebuild again from scratch.

With "brothers" like that, who needs an enemy?

You can shove your cloth where the sun doesn't shine. :agree:

hibsbollah
22-05-2011, 03:08 PM
[\QUOTE]

As another poster has pointed out though, it's bewildering how some folk are getting so worked up just cos other Hibbies feel like offering their congratulations. Some folk would see that as a common courtesy in sport rather than an indication of hidden loyalties :dunno:[/QUOTE]

I think its a kind of over-compensating. Its self-evident we're distinct and different from Celtc, so why get all enraged?

Winston Ingram
22-05-2011, 04:03 PM

We are not an Irish club like Celtic, neither have we been a club exclusively for Roman Catholics for over 100 years.

Hibs as a club are modern and have, in the most part, rejected all the garbage that attaches itself to the Old Firm and, to a lesser extent, Hearts. I am proud of that fact.

We are nothing like Celtic and that's the way it should always be. We are separate football clubs and that's the way that I hope the vast majority of Hibs fans feel about the situation. If anything it's Celtic who are like us. They are the ones who copied our model 123 years ago when they were formed and they are the ones who stole most of our team and left us in a desperate state to try and rebuild again from scratch.

This. That post is without doubt, the most stupid post I have ever seen on this forum.

SkintHibby
22-05-2011, 05:13 PM

Utter, utter rubbish giving Hibs some kind of moral high ground. Do you actually realise Hibs were the first sectarian football club in the world?

CropleyWasGod
22-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Utter, utter rubbish giving Hibs some kind of moral high ground. Do you actually realise Hibs were the first sectarian football club in the world?

.. and the first to realise the futility of sectarianism in sport?

sunshine1875
22-05-2011, 05:20 PM

Which is why FalkirkHibee said "for over 100 years".

I totally concur with FalkirkHibee's post.

lapsedhibee
22-05-2011, 05:20 PM

I've only got a 2D screen. What sort of cloth is that cut from?

Betty Boop
22-05-2011, 05:32 PM
.. and the first to realise the futility of sectarianism in sport?

I don't think Celtic had a Roman Catholic only signing policy though ? They signed Tom Dunbar a protestant in 1888-91, and again in 1892-98.

CropleyWasGod
22-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I don't think Celtic had a Roman Catholic only signing policy though ? They signed Tom Dunbar a protestant in 1888-91, and again in 1892-98.

Och, away with your rational posts:greengrin Why let the facts get in the way of a good rant?

I actually meant... yes, we were sectarian. Then we weren't. Pioneers in both :wink:

TBF, i wasn't pointing the finger at Celtc either. Player-wise, they've never had a sectarian policy, AFAIK. (aye, go on... prove me wrong again :na na:)

Betty Boop
22-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Och, away with your rational posts:greengrin Why let the facts get in the way of a good rant?

I actually meant... yes, we were sectarian. Then we weren't. Pioneers in both :wink:

TBF, i wasn't pointing the finger at Celtc either. Player-wise, they've never had a sectarian policy, AFAIK, except for the very early days. (aye, go on... prove me wrong again :na na:)

Soz ! :greengrin I'll need to do a wee bit more digging !

CropleyWasGod
22-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Soz ! :greengrin I'll need to do a wee bit more digging !

:aok: aye you do that lol.

Lest I'm painted as a Celtc apologist.... although they didn't have a sectarian player policy, the governance of the Club was, until recently, Catholic-only. When Jock Stein retired as team manager, he wasn't offered a seat on the Board; they offered him the job of commercial manager, I believe.

Go on.. I dare you...:na na:

Betty Boop
22-05-2011, 06:02 PM
:aok: aye you do that lol.

Lest I'm painted as a Celtc apologist.... although they didn't have a sectarian player policy, the governance of the Club was, until recently, Catholic-only. When Jock Stein retired as team manager, he wasn't offered a seat on the Board; they offered him the job of commercial manager, I believe.

Go on.. I dare you...:na na:

Yes you are right, they only allowed Catholic board members. Jock Stein was offered the job of managing the Celtic pools, instead of a seat on the board. :aok:

CropleyWasGod
22-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Yes you are right, they only allowed Catholic board members. Jock Stein was offered the job of managing the Celtic pools, instead of a seat on the board. :aok:

Well Googled, my dear :na na:

Do clubs still have "pools"? Should we explain them for our younger members, lest they think there was some kind of sordid scam involving Celtc and swimming baths? :rolleyes:

Betty Boop
22-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Well Googled, my dear :na na:

Do clubs still have "pools"? Should we explain them for our younger members, lest they think there was some kind of sordid scam involving Celtc and swimming baths? :rolleyes:

:greengrin

S.sct
22-05-2011, 06:40 PM
I would like to congratulate Ayr Utd for their playoff win today, the Pars for their promotion to the SPL and umbro for the design of a pink and blue yams away top :faf:

Apart from that don't really care about Selik, Huns or wee Huns unless we are playing them.

GGTTH

marinello59
22-05-2011, 08:39 PM

If you are trying to suggest that the policy adopted by the founders of our club and the reasons they adopted that policy has any relevance to the connotations of the term 'sectarian' as used today then you are wrong.

Jonnyboy
22-05-2011, 08:53 PM

I can't make my mind up as to whether you are on the wind up or just seriously deluded. There may be Hibs fans who like Celtic though I've never met any but as for being cut from the same cloth ....... utter pish I'm afraid

Jonnyboy
22-05-2011, 08:55 PM

Not sure that's right re first in the world but if you read up on the history of the beginnings of the club you'll find that no non catholics wanted to play for the 'Cowgate ragamuffins' that were Hibs

JohnScott
22-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Never read the thread for Celtic nor have any intention to. However, I can't believe anyone calling themselves a Hibs supporter would want to congratulate them on winning yet another trophy. I hold you in as much contempt as I do those coaches that match up their players in training in old firm fans teams.

In 35 years of following Hibs I've witnessed more trouble at Parkhead/Celtic Park involving Hibs fans than ANYWHERE else. Way back to the days behind the goals where we'd be surrounded by them. If you care so much for them get on a bus and go support them :grr:

Pete
23-05-2011, 12:52 AM
I know about the history of our club but I also know where Hessenhibby is coming from when he means "cut from the same cloth". I think he's a wee bit misguided but he doesn't deserve some of the abuse he has taken. It's as if some people are embarrassed when anyone mentions our Irish heritage and how we share something in common with Celtic.
You should be confident enough because you know the difference and you certainly should not let it bother you. To hell with anyone else if they think we're "mini-tims".

There seems to be a template in operation here. To be a proper Hibs fan you simply can't have any leanings towards any other team apart from hibs...and if this includes one of the Old firm then you certainly don't fit in.

I've stated my reasons for wanting Celtic to win a trophy and prefering them over Rangers. I don't mind being flagged up as unusual or people not understanding but when people start telling me to eff off to Parkhead it's out of order.

I also have certain opinions on British imperialism and the situation in Northern Ireland. That's fair enough and nothing to do with football.
However, when I do go to football and certain clubs bring songs and abuse aimed at a specific religion to the table and promote the opposite point of view politically then it doesn't sit well. Especially when the they assume they are offending everyone associated with Hibs when they sing about catholics.

It annoys me that football clubs choose to invade the realm of sport with these songs etc...but if I'm being honest I'm not offended one bit by the vast majority of the content of the songs Celtic sing. I'm more offended by songs like "big jock knew" or "who ****ged all the boys?"

J-C
23-05-2011, 09:19 AM
I know about the history of our club but I also know where Hessenhibby is coming from when he means "cut from the same cloth". I think he's a wee bit misguided but he doesn't deserve some of the abuse he has taken. It's as if some people are embarrassed when anyone mentions our Irish heritage and how we share something in common with Celtic.
You should be confident enough because you know the difference and you certainly should not let it bother you. To hell with anyone else if they think we're "mini-tims".

There seems to be a template in operation here. To be a proper Hibs fan you simply can't have any leanings towards any other team apart from hibs...and if this includes one of the Old firm then you certainly don't fit in.

I've stated my reasons for wanting Celtic to win a trophy and prefering them over Rangers. I don't mind being flagged up as unusual or people not understanding but when people start telling me to eff off to Parkhead it's out of order.

I also have certain opinions on British imperialism and the situation in Northern Ireland. That's fair enough and nothing to do with football.
However, when I do go to football and certain clubs bring songs and abuse aimed at a specific religion to the table and promote the opposite point of view politically then it doesn't sit well. Especially when the they assume they are offending everyone associated with Hibs when they sing about catholics.

It annoys me that football clubs choose to invade the realm of sport with these songs etc...but if I'm being honest I'm not offended one bit by the vast majority of the content of the songs Celtic sing. I'm more offended by songs like "big jock knew" or "who ****ged all the boys?"

There's your counter argument right there, this could be said of any supporter.

Surely as a supporter you support only one team through thick and thin, not when they just play well, if you have a soft spot for another team it's generally from another league or country. I find it hard to take that anyone would have a soft spot for another team in the same league, especially one that is historically a bitter rival.

My son has a season ticket at ER and also one for Old Trafford, this to me is fine as Man U are English.

Golden Bear
23-05-2011, 09:44 AM
There's your counter argument right there, this could be said of any supporter.

Surely as a supporter you support only one team through thick and thin, not when they just play well, if you have a soft spot for another team it's generally from another league or country. I find it hard to take that anyone would have a soft spot for another team in the same league, especially one that is historically a bitter rival.

My son has a season ticket at ER and also one for Old Trafford, this to me is fine as Man U are English.

:agree:

Rougier45
23-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Can everyone chill out.

I was happy Celtic won the cup much prefer them to Motherwell.

The cut from the same cloth is in reference to us both been strarted by the Irish in Scotland.

Some Hibs fans like Celtic some dont --what the problem?

I come from Irish patronage but born in Edinburgh and have great memories of fine victoroes ober Celtic 4-1 ER--celts invade pitch--1-0 at Parkhead Willie Temperley--4-3 and 4-4 penalties in same season.

Also bad memory 3-0 at hampden when I was positive we would win cup.

I wanted Celtic to beat Motherwell and I want them to win league next year(unless we have a miracle).:flag:

J-C
23-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Can everyone chill out.

I was happy Celtic won the cup much prefer them to Motherwell.

The cut from the same cloth is in reference to us both been strarted by the Irish in Scotland.

Some Hibs fans like Celtic some dont --what the problem?

I come from Irish patronage but born in Edinburgh and have great memories of fine victoroes ober Celtic 4-1 ER--celts invade pitch--1-0 at Parkhead Willie Temperley--4-3 and 4-4 penalties in same season.

Also bad memory 3-0 at hampden when I was positive we would win cup.

I wanted Celtic to beat Motherwell and I want them to win league next year(unless we have a miracle).:flag:

Well my friend it's apparent you are not a real Hibs supporter but infact a glory hunting Tic man who's stiffled it for years. To come on a Hibs board saying you'd like them to win the league and cup etc shows you have no thought for Hibernian FC.
They were infact cut from our cloth all those years ago and have held on to their pro Irish/catholic ideals ever since, we on the other hand have become a community club from the Leith and East of Edinburgh, with no religious tendancies whatsoever.

Rougier45
23-05-2011, 11:04 AM
JC50 --nice pic of Jimmy O --

J-C
23-05-2011, 11:24 AM
JC50 --nice pic of Jimmy O --

Yep, my favourite player at ER, maybe not the most gifted but what he had was strength, goals and heart which is something lacking at the mo.

Rougier45
23-05-2011, 11:56 AM
I just caught the end of his career -- I was there when he played for the saints against hibs at medermiad park--but like stanton going to celtic --he got a great reception

Hibs Class
23-05-2011, 12:00 PM

I think the issue is the assumption that a Hibs supporter should automatically regard celtic as their second team, whether it's for the "same cloth" reasons or whatever. Before segregation, on the terrace at games against celtic their supporters would be in with us and would be arguing that we should want them to win the league because we couldn't. As far as I'm concerned there is Hibs and there is everyone else, and if anyone suggests I should have a leaning to another club for some spurious reason, I'm likely to do the opposite.

Future17
23-05-2011, 04:57 PM

The subtext side debate to this is whether Hibs fans are more offended by Rangers' songs than by Celtic songs.

I'm not offended by the words I hear in either team's secterian or religious chanting, I'm just offended by the fact that they think a football match is the place to promote those kind of views and, in doing so, curse another generation to blind, hateful behaviour.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-05-2011, 05:19 PM

This Hibs fan isnt! what a ridiculous statement to make on all our behalves!

sixtwo
23-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Well done celtic........I had a fiver on 3-0 and won £50:thumbsup:

Lendo
23-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I can't make my mind up as to whether you are on the wind up or just seriously deluded. There may be Hibs fans who like Celtic though I've never met any but as for being cut from the same cloth ....... utter pish I'm afraid

I remember a horrible experience in the Polworth Tavern, Old Firm game on in the morning, Hib's on in the afternoon. A disgusting family of jakes sitting round a table, all of them in their Celtic tops, with their Arthur Boruc "holy goalie" scarf’s on. The minute the Old Firm game finished off came the scarf’s, off came the Celtic tops and on came the Hibs tops. Made me sick. I really really don't get this mentality at all.

sixtwo
23-05-2011, 05:37 PM
I remember a horrible experience in the Polworth Tavern, Old Firm game on in the morning, Hib's on in the afternoon. A disgusting family of jakes sitting round a table, all of them in their Celtic tops, with their Arthur Boruc "holy goalie" scarf’s on. The minute the Old Firm game finished off came the scarf’s, off came the Celtic tops and on came the Hibs tops. Made me sick. I really really don't get this mentality at all.

I find this tale a little hard to believe. In fact, i think it is total *****.

it's not too hard to imagine some celtic fans wanting hibs to do well. I'll be honest, I want celtic t win every old firm game unless it adversely impacts hibs. To say they went to a pub with two tops is ridiculous.:faf:

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-05-2011, 05:38 PM
I just caught the end of his career -- I was there when he played for the saints against hibs at medermiad park
He must have been a fair age by then!

The_Todd
23-05-2011, 05:39 PM

I still don't understand wanting a team that's not your own to win the same competition your own team also competes in. I know we can't win the SPL, but that doesn't mean I want any other team to.

hibsbollah
23-05-2011, 05:51 PM
I find this tale a little hard to believe. In fact, i think it is total *****.

it's not too hard to imagine some celtic fans wanting hibs to do well. I'll be honest, I want celtic t win every old firm game unless it adversely impacts hibs. To say they went to a pub with two tops is ridiculous.:faf:

I do that a lot. Many a time ive watched the early championship game down the pub at sunday lunchtime featuring norwich or ipswich dressed in a full farmer costume, only to whip on my chicken outfit for the spurs game at 4pm. I even do the local voices.

BEEJ
23-05-2011, 06:18 PM
:hilarious

hibee_nation
23-05-2011, 06:33 PM

I know how you feel mate that same match there was a bus load of huns in my local and at full time to a man they changed into yam tops, fair gie me the boak it did. :rolleyes:

Stanton
23-05-2011, 07:50 PM

Not strictly speaking true mate.

It was strictly a closed shop from a Family Perspective “ The Whites , The Kelly’s , The Grants “ …these families controlled and fought tooth and nail to retain control so whether you were RC or Protestant was NOT the issue …being a family member tended to be the deciding factor there.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Heard a comment on MOTD praising Blackpool for nearly staying in the EPL while rewarding their players with an across the squad wage of 10K a week. Now Celtc routinely bleat that the SPL holds them back but they paid Lungberg 50K a week to buff the bench, now and again, with his erse? If they can prove that is someone else's fault I would salute them.

JackRegan
24-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Heard a comment on MOTD praising Blackpool for nearly staying in the EPL while rewarding their players with an across the squad wage of 10K a week. Now Celtc routinely bleat that the SPL holds them back but they paid Lungberg 50K a week to buff the bench, now and again, with his erse? If they can prove that is someone else's fault I would salute them.

He's not even on 10 grand a week.

Kojock
24-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Just heard on the Scottish news that Celtc opened their trophy cabinet for the first times in three years and the dust cloud has closed all Scottish airports. :greengrin