PDA

View Full Version : Prediction time - how will Hibs do next season in the league?

sunshine1875
21-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Prediction time - how will Hibs do next season in the league? Try and be honest, based on your feelings of how Hibs are progressing as a team! Also acknowledging that other teams are also changing personnel.

HibeeMG
21-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Prediction time - how will Hibs do next season in the league? Try and be honest, based on your feelings of how Hibs are progressing as a team! Also acknowledging that other teams are also changing personnel.

I think that this coming season, more than any other that I can remember, is harder to predict how Hibs will do.

There are so many changes that have been done and that will be done and with change comes unpredictability.

None of us know who will come in the door. Nobody knows how they are going to gel. I'd also say it's difficult to guage how CC will set his team out to play.

For all these reasons, I've not voted.

bod
21-05-2011, 04:58 PM
with the squad right now,no very well

HibbyRod
21-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Easily in top 6 and challenging for Europe! :greengrin

Who voted for relegated? :confused:

lucky
21-05-2011, 05:17 PM
For me as a fan I go into the season hoping we win everything. If I did not feel like that then what's the point of going. I never book a holiday in May as I always hope we will be in the SC final.

Mon the Hibs

hibee1994
21-05-2011, 05:20 PM
After this season, it's definately not going to be winning the title but i can see us getting back into the bottom part of the top six depending on the success of our transfer window. I really hope we don't carry the poor form through to next season though and if we don't, it has to be consistant all season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Think we will finish bottom of the top six. Base this on the fact that we can't have another stinker, and teams like well and united will cut back, and I think that killie's season was a flash in the pan.

Aldo
21-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Think I will wait and see who we sign/re-sign and then i will let you know.

MSK
21-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Relegated ..my arse ..impossible to say ..all depends if CC can sign the quality we need ...& we need quality !!..mon CC ..bring them in ...:aok:

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Nobody can give a realistic prediction right now, so many things to sort out with the players and management. Will revisit this thread on 23rd July when the season starts, will have a better idea.

Duffys13
21-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Based on the fact we were on a good run until Top 6 qualification went out of the window, I am gonna remain confident that we can get moving in the right direction right from the start of the new season.

The Glass is half full in aw that!!!!

sesoim
21-05-2011, 07:14 PM
There's no way I'd make a prediction until I see who we have signed. But at this point in time, I think we will be bottom six, unpredictable, disorganized and frustrating to watch.

And, as usual, Hearts will beat or at least draw with us no matter how well we play against them.

MrSmith
21-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Hibs are in a mess from top to bottom! It is not going to change, so... another poor one.

stoneyburn hibs
21-05-2011, 07:45 PM
think we will finish about the same position as this season, hope im way of the mark

sunshine1875
28-05-2011, 07:33 AM
BUMP! Anyone more or less confident?

SmokieJoe
28-05-2011, 07:47 AM
My prediction is challenging for Euro spot. this is all dependant on the versatility and quality the has yet to be signed. But with Ivan the Trebble our first of the summer, i'd like to think that ie is a sign of things to come.:thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Think I will wait and see who we sign/re-sign and then i will let you know.

Exactly, we need to wait and see who is brought in before making predictions

Mikey
28-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Hibs are in a mess from top to bottom! It is not going to change, so... another poor one.

Why's that then? Why can't things change?

marinello59
28-05-2011, 09:28 AM
There's no way I'd make a prediction until I see who we have signed. But at this point in time, I think we will be bottom six, unpredictable, disorganized and frustrating to watch.

And, as usual, Hearts will beat or at least draw with us no matter how well we play against them.

Let's hope you are right. If we have any sort of success you will have nowt to post about on here.

jdships
28-05-2011, 10:05 AM
While we should wait and see what new faces come in before making predictions my gut feeling is " Nothing to play for, top six "

That may change up/down after the window closes :greengrin
I am sure there will be another similar poll then :wink:

:flag:

hibiedude
28-05-2011, 11:14 AM
I know the seasons just finished but watching other teams strengthen their squads already and Hibs go all quiet and I don’t expect any news regarding players in any time soon, sorry but as things stand-- "Nothing to play for, top six"

Russ
28-05-2011, 11:53 AM

How can you possibly make a prediction this early?...ridiculous considering players will be coming and going from every club.

smurf
28-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Why's that then? Why can't things change?

Well let's hope the executive management at ER do their job this summer to see the required change.

I expect bottom six.

sunshine1875
28-05-2011, 12:06 PM
How can you possibly make a prediction this early?...ridiculous considering players will be coming and going from every club.

Don't be so boring! It is a football forum and we are allowed to have a bit of fun.

Yes - we could sign the next Messi, Xavi and Iniesta and that could make a difference. But I think we all know the quality of player we are going to get.

Go on, you can do it. Your gutfeel, where will Hibs be next season. If you can't, well no big deal, is it!

Russ
28-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Don't be so boring! It is a football forum and we are allowed to have a bit of fun.

Yes - we could sign the next Messi, Xavi and Iniesta and that could make a difference. But I think we all know the quality of player we are going to get.

Go on, you can do it. Your gutfeel, where will Hibs be next season. If you can't, well no big deal, is it!

All you're doing is giving a platform for the doom and gloom merchants, not to mention the hidden yams, to fill their wellies. I will reserve judgement till I see who we sign and play some pre season games.

son of haggart
28-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Can't post on the poll, but my gut feeling is you'll get one player who gives you a bit of a buzz and gets the season ticket sales going. There will be five or maybe sixo thers and they will be harder to judge until the season starts

It wil start well and there will be a growth in optimism, but will fall away as some injuries and the effect of having quite a small pool of players re suspensions, over-playing hits in.

You will end up 6th

Bayern Bru
28-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Can't post on the poll, but my gut feeling is you'll get one player who gives you a bit of a buzz and gets the season ticket sales going. There will be five or maybe sixo thers and they will be harder to judge until the season starts

It wil start well and there will be a growth in optimism, but will fall away as some injuries and the effect of having quite a small pool of players re suspensions, over-playing hits in.

You will end up 6th

This is a bit of an alien concept for some Hibs players, would you mind elaborating further? :greengrin

sunshine1875
28-05-2011, 12:48 PM
All you're doing is giving a platform for the doom and gloom merchants, not to mention the hidden yams, to fill their wellies. I will reserve judgement till I see who we sign and play some pre season games.

Over 90% of those that voted think we will have no problem with relegation next season.

Over 65% of those that voted think we will be top six.

Almost 30% think we will be challenging for Euro at least.

Over 3% think we will be challenging for the title.

Not much doom and gloom there, nor in the message comments.

However, there are many other threads started with the usual D&G topics. All I am doing is making it a bit more interesting by asking fellow fans what their prediction is for next season. No harm in that surely!

son of haggart
28-05-2011, 12:49 PM
This is a bit of an alien concept for some Hibs players, would you mind elaborating further? :greengrin

:rolleyes: see what you mean!

Only meant that if you go for a smaller pool, which seems to be received wisdom, and a few higher quality players, you may end up needing to play them in every game - for modern players that seems problematic - then you may find performance goes down towards the end of the season.

I'd be interested to see Hibs points percentage first and second half of seasons for the last ten years. I'd like to bet second half is far poorer. Having a smaller pool would risk worsening that effect considerably

Franck Stanton
28-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Voted top 6 with nothing to play for, because with the squad we have at the moment, [With Ivan back and a -hopefully-fit Stack back in goal] we would make top6 at very least. We will, undoubtedly bring in more players prior to start of season, hopefully CC will go for quality rather than quantity.