PDA

View Full Version : New Away Shirt

DAVE1875
21-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Think I have an idea what the away kit looks like, these are the apparent Spurs home, away and third kits for the coming season. I think our away kit will be like the away kit except green instead of gold, hopefully with a home top like collar.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6HdxnBTiaa4/TcJvLz0w2NI/AAAAAAAADO0/lSi1uQx7Tjk/s1600/123kit.jpg

R'Albin
21-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Think I have an idea what the away kit looks like, these are the apparent Spurs home, away and third kits for the coming season. I think our away kit will be like the away kit except green instead of gold, hopefully with a home top like collar.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6HdxnBTiaa4/TcJvLz0w2NI/AAAAAAAADO0/lSi1uQx7Tjk/s1600/123kit.jpg

What makes you think that?

That would be the dogs baws anyway:agree:

DAVE1875
21-05-2011, 01:26 PM
What makes you think that?

That would be the dogs baws anyway:agree:

Just a feeling as the Spurs away top also has what Puma have called the "Doon the slope" design like our new home top. Bottle green or emerald green instead of gold?

R'Albin
21-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Just a feeling as the Spurs away top also has what Puma have called the "Doon the slope" design like our new home top. Bottle green or emerald green instead of gold?

Although it would need to be the third kit because our second kit is black, would love that though!

ScottB
21-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Love us having black or purple away kits, so either would do!

Apparently we are having a black one this year, can't see us pushing a Third kit with no European matches this year though...

Winston Ingram
21-05-2011, 02:30 PM

Not seen these before:confused:

Hibernia Na Eir
21-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Not seen these before:confused:

Yellow one is nice :greengrin Take a black version though.

DAVE1875
21-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Although it would need to be the third kit because our second kit is black, would love that though!

I heard it's black and I've heard it's purple. If it is black would you take it in the same design?

R'Albin
21-05-2011, 03:11 PM
I heard it's black and I've heard it's purple. If it is black would you take it in the same design?

Would love it to be purple, so hopefully:agree:

Yeah, it's a smart design, would look good in black and green as well IMO.

scoopyboy
21-05-2011, 03:23 PM
It's black.

R'Albin
21-05-2011, 03:33 PM
It's black.

I thought I remembered hearing that! Any idea when pictures are being released?

Jones28
21-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Would love the away kit to be like the Spurs third kit, bottle green with the collar. :flag:

Houchy
21-05-2011, 04:04 PM

Ask H18SRY :greengrin:devil::stirrer:

Bayern Bru
21-05-2011, 04:10 PM
We need a third kit for when we play Celtc at Darkheid. :agree::wink:

And then for about 2/3 of the way through the season when we decide that our away kit is unlucky, and we start wearing the third kit as the away top.
:greengrin

Carheenlea
21-05-2011, 05:52 PM
If the plan was to make a radical change to the home shirt, I would have liked to see what that template for the Spurs home kit looked like in green and white. Would be interesting to see one drawn up by any of our members with the relevant skills.

Suppose the long sleeved shirts would be predominantly green, but the short sleeved shirt would look very sharp in green and white IMO.

Maybe get that one next season....

scoopyboy
21-05-2011, 05:58 PM

Tho photo shoot has been done but I don't know when.

Maybe after the home is out?

scoopyboy
21-05-2011, 06:01 PM
We need a third kit for when we play Celtc at Darkheid. :agree::wink:

And then for about 2/3 of the way through the season when we decide that our away kit is unlucky, and we start wearing the third kit as the away top.
:greengrin

No need for a third strip but I'm not disagreeing with you in any way or form.

Bayern Bru
21-05-2011, 06:39 PM
No need for a third strip but I'm not disagreeing with you in any way or form.

I'm exactly the same. It's a total nonsense, really.
Of course, it's all about money :rolleyes:

leithsansiro
22-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Out of curiosity (and perhaps naivety), what is the significance of Hibs wearing purple?

scoopyboy
22-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Out of curiosity (and perhaps naivety), what is the significance of Hibs wearing purple?

I think its because we played in purple and white away to Sporting Lisbon in the ECWC back in 72/73 at Tom Hart's instruction.

No idea why he wanted purple though.

Jonnyboy
22-05-2011, 09:00 PM
I think its because we played in purple and white away to Sporting Lisbon in the ECWC back in 72/73 at Tom Hart's instruction.

It was done because purple was his wife's favourite colour J

Leithenhibby
22-05-2011, 09:01 PM

:agree:

I also recall the directors box being painted purple ... Not so sure why purple though...

J-C
23-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Purple is a well known Catholic colour, used also in many orthodox churches, maybe it has something to do with that, now I'm not religious at all ( athiest ) just giving another answer.

Renfrew_Hibby
23-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Purple is a well known Catholic colour, used also in many orthodox churches, maybe it has something to do with that, now I'm not religious at all ( athiest ) just giving another answer.

Living and working in the wild west, i've seen a few orange marches and many of the sashes and banners are prodominately purple so i don't know where you get that one from?

JoeTortolanoFanClub
23-05-2011, 02:12 PM

In many cultures purple is the colour of mourning.

J-C
23-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Living and working in the wild west, i've seen a few orange marches and many of the sashes and banners are prodominately purple so i don't know where you get that one from?

Yes it's the colour of mourning but was associated to catholic church through royalty and Christs ressurection.
I was only giving another option why purple came into the Hibs strips years ago, as I haven't a clue either.

http://www.crivoice.org/symbols/colorsmeaning.html

Hal Jordan
23-05-2011, 03:11 PM
I like to think it's the association with Ancient Rome. The colour purple was revered - the purple toga was sacred and only allowed to be worn by Cæsar (living god) or to decorate statues of the Gods. :thumbsup:

But it's probably more likely to be the fact we used to keep drawing Anderlecht in the UEFA cup. :agree:

esjorto
23-05-2011, 04:07 PM
I heard a long, long time ago purple was selected because of the study and research done on African Violets at the Edinburgh Botanic Gardens.

Hibiza
23-05-2011, 04:12 PM
hope to god we not going down the purple p1$H route.