PDA

View Full Version : Old Firm Fringe Players On Loan

AlbertK86
20-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Which of the current Old Firm Fringe players would you take on loan at Easter Rd.

Celtic especially must be lookng to off load or at least get some of their guys a run somewhere.

Paddy McCourt - Get him on the opposite wing from Ivan. Pace on one wing and trickery and fantastic dribbling skill on the other one. Don't know if Celtic will let him out on loan but they have Commons, Maloney, Forrest and McGinn in their squad as well. Think he would be a revelation at Easter Road

Steven O'Donnell - out on loan last season and did well

David Healy - Proven Goalscorer

Kirk Broadfoot - Right Back or Centre Half - cannae believe i'm quoting him as used to never rate him... however with what we have these days !!

NorthfieldHibee
20-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Josh Thomson (spelling?) from celtic. Centre Back. Looked good when he played a couple of games at the tail end of last season

Since90+2
20-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Josh Thomson (spelling?) from celtic. Centre Back. Looked good when he played a couple of games at the tail end of last season

Really? I thought he looked shocking the few games he played. Sure he got punted to some League 1 side.

magnificent_seven
21-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Which of the current Old Firm Fringe players would you take on loan at Easter Rd.

Celtic especially must be lookng to off load or at least get some of their guys a run somewhere.

Paddy McCourt - Get him on the opposite wing from Ivan. Pace on one wing and trickery and fantastic dribbling skill on the other one. Don't know if Celtic will let him out on loan but they have Commons, Maloney, Forrest and McGinn in their squad as well. Think he would be a revelation at Easter Road

Steven O'Donnell - out on loan last season and did well

David Healy - Proven Goalscorer

Kirk Broadfoot - Right Back or Centre Half - cannae believe i'm quoting him as used to never rate him... however with what we have these days !!

Take him in a flash. IIRC Mowbray tried to sign him for us when he was manager.

Hibs Class
21-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Cannot see Celtic wanting to let McCourt out on loan. IIRC he was on a three year deal which ends this season - I don't know if he signed an extension or not.

horseflesh
21-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Wouldnt take any of them, the thought that we would train/develop and give experience to a player who then helps boost the OF coffers or playing pool sickens me.

houston1875
21-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Wouldnt take any of them, the thought that we would train/develop and give experience to a player who then helps boost the OF coffers or playing pool sickens me.

Aye yer right!

Billy Whizz
21-05-2011, 12:17 PM

We had Towell this season

hfc-1875
21-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Darren O'Dea?

Saorsa
21-05-2011, 01:40 PM
I'd rather not have any, if we cannae get Towell on a permanent deal I'd rather we looked elsewhere. I'd rather we dindae provide opportunities for OF players tae improve themselves.

Dunbar Hibee
21-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Darren O'Dea?

Does he not play down south now, Ipswich is it?

hfc-1875
21-05-2011, 02:06 PM

i think your right actually. not sure if hes signed or not though

sixtwo
21-05-2011, 02:20 PM
I would like to see us use the loan system this year although I would prefer us to look down south.

Motherwell have used it to good effect in recent years.

Calderwood should have connections at Newcastle and perhaps tottenham (although it's a long time since he's been there).

Hopefully he will appoint an assistant with good contacts.

Pallson is a good example of the kind of player could attract. Ideally, we would get a striker with a good academy background from a decent team.

DH1875
21-05-2011, 03:13 PM

Is he not there on loan though?
I'd take O'Dea and would also bring back Towell. Is Rasmussen still on their books? If so I'd go for him as well. As for Rangers, I think Healy is out of contract but would take him either way and depending on who they bring in Ness or Wylde could be available.

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Cannot see Celtic wanting to let McCourt out on loan. IIRC he was on a three year deal which ends this season - I don't know if he signed an extension or not.

He has scored some crucial goals for Celtic this season, I seriously doubt they would let him go on loan to another SPL club....

Jack
22-05-2011, 10:08 AM
I think Towell was an emergency signing which is fair enough.

Otherwise, as others have said why would we want to take a raw player from them, turn them into a SPL player without the benefit of a multi million pound transfer like Scott Brown.

Baldy Foghorn
22-05-2011, 10:27 AM
I think Towell was an emergency signing which is fair enough.

Otherwise, as others have said why would we want to take a raw player from them, turn them into a SPL player without the benefit of a multi million pound transfer like Scott Brown.

I can see Towell returning, don't think he is part of Celtic's plans

leithsansiro
22-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I can see Towell returning, don't think he is part of Celtic's plans

I'd like to think so, he's been good. I'd like to see him here permanently, but I'm not sure it will happen.

Franck Stanton
22-05-2011, 08:08 PM
I'd rather not have any, if we cannae get Towell on a permanent deal I'd rather we looked elsewhere. I'd rather we dindae provide opportunities for OF players tae improve themselves.

Hear Hear :top marks

Franck is God
23-05-2011, 11:53 AM
The OF tend to loan players to clubs they don't see as a threat, the only reason we got Towell was due to our league position at the time.

With the clear out we've just had and a decent budget to strengthen in the summer I can't see either side gifting us a player or two (that is part of their long term plans) for the season, we'll need to pay for them ourselves.