PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Ryan Flynn

CallumLaidlaw
20-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Weren't we interested in this Falkirk boy?
Now it's in paper that Hearts have made enquiries. Surprise surprise.

Do we get paid for doing Hearts scouting for them?

Thecat23
20-05-2011, 11:46 AM

Was about to post the same thing. It's getting beyond a joke to be honest. We should keep our mouths shut and see if the Yams can actually get a player themselves.

CropleyWasGod
20-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Was about to post the same thing. It's getting beyond a joke to be honest. We should keep our mouths shut and see if the Yams can actually get a player themselves.

I dunno.... I reckon the plan worked when it came to Darren Barr. :greengrin

col02
20-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Such is the goldfish bowl enviroment of Scottish football it is no wonder many of our targets also end up being Hearts targets.

Danderhall Hibs
20-05-2011, 11:52 AM

I don't think we ever talk about a signing before it's done. Seems the procedure is Hibs approach a club/player/agent. Players' agent contacts Hearts and tells them HIbs are interested. Hearts sign player for more money than he's worth and we're willing to pay.

Baldy Foghorn
20-05-2011, 11:59 AM
I don't think we ever talk about a signing before it's done. Seems the procedure is Hibs approach a club/player/agent. Players' agent contacts Hearts and tells them HIbs are interested. Hearts sign player for more money than he's worth and we're willing to pay.

Apart from Sproule who was in papers weeks ago saying he wanted to come back, probably the worst kept secret, although no fault of Hibs

Leith Green
20-05-2011, 12:18 PM
My god I dont get where this " Hearts stealing our targets p1sh" comes from. All of these supposed "targets" of Hibs who Hearts supposedly "target" is all purely paper talk.. It actually comes accross as pretty pathetic as well as paranoid>

How the hell do we know wether Hibs were ever viewing any given player with a view to signing, or that Hearts then in turn are doing the same?? Beacause the Sun or the Record say so??

I'd actually be amazed if both Edinburgh clubs didnt have an eye on lots of the same players, but equally I take with a pinch of salt any player linked to Hibs in the press..

Andy74
20-05-2011, 12:22 PM
It does illustrate why people are interested in Hearts finances though. you can say it's up to them and as long as they are doing well on the park none of them will care.

The fact is it impacts competitors. We can't talk to an agent about a player without knowing Hearts would happily pay double.

It's not right. You don't mind losing out to bigger teams that can pay more but not ones who are on the same turnover and who only pay more due to racking up extreme debt.

Dashing Bob S
20-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Let's talk up the Pax twins in the hope Jeffereies signs them.

supershotmo
20-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Two players come to mind that Hearts took off our noses. Darren Barr was one and that huddie from Millwall. Cant mind his name but was supposed to be faster than Sproule.

matty_f
20-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Two players come to mind that Hearts took off our noses. Darren Barr was one and that huddie from Millwall. Cant mind his name but was supposed to be faster than Sproule.

Hackett.:agree:

They also tried to get Deek when he signed last time, we were also in for Ian 'coke fiend according to the papers' Black, Kevin 'more broken than a very broken thing' Kyle, and Andy 'More broken than Kevin Kyle' Webster.

Apart from them, they pretty much do their own scouting.:greengrin

macidee1875
20-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Hearts will always attract players in front of us at the moment.outside the old firm they can offer the best wages in scotland plus our league position this season has done us no favours.

Stevie Reid
20-05-2011, 02:51 PM
I think the last player we managed to get ahead of Hearts was John O'Neil, and that cost us ridiculous wages and appearance fees. Plus, that was when Hearts were paying stupid wages under Robinson, as opposed to really, really stupid wages under Romanov.

It's annoying sometimes, but they can't sign everyone and we must have other targets (IF Flynn is one of them and IF Hearts get him).

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Can we confirm that we are interested in Nade?:rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
20-05-2011, 03:03 PM
I think it is very rare for Hibs to even talk about a player until the deal is done and dusted. We get pelters for it but its probably the right thing to do.

If the Yams sign Flynn does it mean Templeton is moving or that Driver is hurt again?

Stevie Reid
20-05-2011, 03:05 PM
I think it is very rare for Hibs to even talk about a player until the deal is done and dusted. We get pelters for it but its probably the right thing to do.

If the Yams sign Flynn does it mean Templeton is moving or that Driver is hurt again?

STV News had them linked with Jim O'Brien the other week as well - you would suspect that if another winger comes in, someone is on the way out.

ancient hibee
20-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Suspect Driver is pretty near finished.You just can't miss the best part of 2 seasons and hope to be the same player.

Kaiser1962
20-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Suspect Driver is pretty near finished.You just can't miss the best part of 2 seasons and hope to be the same player.

I suspect you are right AH. For Driver now its as much about courage as it is about fitness. Not sure he had a lot of that in the first place which is a bit of a shame as he had a bit of ability.

greenlex
20-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Dag Nabbit!!!! Just as he turned Scottish too.:grr::grr:

son of haggart
20-05-2011, 08:46 PM
I suspect you are right AH. For Driver now its as much about courage as it is about fitness. Not sure he had a lot of that in the first place which is a bit of a shame as he had a bit of ability.

I am not sure you can question his courage - he has come back from injury to early twice, and has always seemed dead keen to play, fit or not. Contrast that with Webster who although a 'harder' player looks after himself very carefully.

It's a great shame for Scotland that neither seem likely to be fully fit as they would certainly add to the squad depth and in Webster's case if fully fit would be captain material IMO

Silversand
20-05-2011, 10:26 PM
It's a great shame for Scotland that neither seem likely to be fully fit as they would certainly add to the squad depth

Yes, such a shame that the superb Englishman is not fit to play for Scotland.

:rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
20-05-2011, 10:48 PM
]I am not sure you can question his courage - he has come back from injury to early twice[/B], and has always seemed dead keen to play, fit or not. Contrast that with Webster who although a 'harder' player looks after himself very carefully.

It's a great shame for Scotland that neither seem likely to be fully fit as they would certainly add to the squad depth and in Webster's case if fully fit would be captain material IMO

Hence the question. IMO he seemed reticent to get involved since his first injury and, to my mind, came back lacking something. Now its happened again to him it takes a certain type of inner strength to keep a person going and to drive on to the degree that he needs to. I am not sure he has it, or ever did.

son of haggart
21-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Hence the question. IMO he seemed reticent to get involved since his first injury and, to my mind, came back lacking something. Now its happened again to him it takes a certain type of inner strength to keep a person going and to drive on to the degree that he needs to. I am not sure he has it, or ever did.

Possibly - we'll see early next season I guess - if he doesn't get back into reguar play early on, he's probably finished I would agree.

The_Todd
21-05-2011, 12:09 PM
We don't operate in a very big league so to be fair when one SPL club starts sniffing around an SFL player or a smaller SPL team player then it wouldn't be suprising to see at least one other SPL club chasing the same player.

Franck Stanton
21-05-2011, 02:42 PM
CC did make an enquiry re Flynn during January window however now that Ivan has come home I suspect the interest has now gone.

stokesmessiah
21-05-2011, 08:10 PM
CC did make an enquiry re Flynn during January window however now that Ivan has come home I suspect the interest has now gone.

Does he not play on the left???

Wheat Hound
21-05-2011, 09:20 PM
We did sign a certain Paul Hartley ahead of hertz despite us being in division one at the time. Still recall that sublime control of the ball from the sky on his debut v Ayr. Pity he was a fandan.

kentao
22-05-2011, 09:14 AM
He's a decent player but i'm more excited about the return of Ivan. I know Flynn is neighbours with Lee Wallace in East Craigs so a good chance he might end up at Hearts.

We all know what happened to the last superstar they signed from Falkirk hopefully this one will end up a wage thief aswell :D

jdships
22-05-2011, 09:25 AM

:rolleyes:
It has been an accepted fact for many years that it is an agent's job to put out spam/rumours/general c..p to enhance their clients chances of getting the best deal/ best club available .
The majority of the "we are reported to be interested in ......" emanates either from "Greggs" or an agent !!