Here it is

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Welcome

So we have a black top with a badge... is the away top or the 3rd top!? :wink:

Liam89
20-05-2011, 09:38 AM
I like it.

20-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Wasn't too keen it on yesterday when I saw the leaked pic. However with these fuller images, its a grower... Looks not too bad!

20-05-2011, 09:50 AM
I went past the shop a minute ago. Not clear from the photos but there's a big Crabbie's logo on the back of the shirt where the player name goes which I think looks tacky.

20-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Honkin.

20-05-2011, 09:52 AM
I get the "slope" reference to the strip design but are the lyrics not "opponents lose all hope when we get them doon the slope"?

Added to the fact that there is no slope to the ER pitch anymore.

20-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Here it is

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Welcome

In other news, Elvis is dead.

20-05-2011, 09:53 AM
I get the "slope" reference to the strip design but are the lyrics not "opponents lose all hope when we get them doon the slope"?

That was my thought on the lyrics too.

20-05-2011, 10:01 AM
That's just wrong.

20-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Dont like it at all, looks ridiculous.

Just my opinion of course, each to their own :)

gillythehibby
20-05-2011, 10:11 AM
It's Murder ! Sacrelidge. They have taken the classiest strip in the league and ruined it !!! aaaaagggggghhhh

20-05-2011, 10:12 AM
If someone bought a polo shirt or t-shirt in that pattern for your Xmas, you'd take it back to the shop or put it at the back of a drawer on Boxing Day.

The first time in years that I was considering using the ST discount to buy a strip for the footie and they bring that out.......

20-05-2011, 10:17 AM
If someone bought a polo shirt or t-shirt in that pattern for your Xmas, you'd take it back to the shop or put it at the back of a drawer on Boxing Day.

The first time in years that I was considering using the ST discount to buy a strip for the footie and they bring that out.......

Its a howler, whoever came up with that design must have drunk to much of the sponsor's ale beforehand

20-05-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm a traditionalist when it comes to the home top of Hibernian.

Therefore as our home top don't like it.

The design obviously with different colours could have worked as an away top.

As Purple and Green has said an all green top would be a traditional top also and I'm disappointed we've moved away from tradition.

20-05-2011, 10:21 AM

The younger fans are more likely to buy the kit...kit design has been aimed at younger fans....go figure.

20-05-2011, 10:27 AM
The younger fans are more likely to buy the kit...kit design has been aimed at younger fans....go figure.

As one who is far too old now to wear a football top - I quite like it. At least its bold, different and imaginative, something not seen at ER for some time.

20-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Quite like it, a bit different with some originality.

20-05-2011, 10:49 AM

As one who is far too old now to wear a football top - I quite like it. At least its bold, different and imaginative, something not seen at ER for some time.

Nonsense. I'm older than you and I still wear one. :greengrin

20-05-2011, 11:00 AM
It looks a bit more like a Rugby top than a football one, I hope this won't continue for Hibs home tops, I'm a traditionalist.

In saying that, I am finding myself to quite like this..........

20-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Nonsense. I'm older than you and I still wear one. :greengrin

:cool2: some of us actually look our age though

20-05-2011, 11:10 AM
That is dreadful. The darker shade and the white sleeves do not go well....at all. If the sleeves had been the lighter shade of green, and the shorts had been green too, then it would've looked A LOT better. I know that would've been even less traditional, but that it was one awful, awful looking strip. So tacky.

Not to sound pernickety, but what's with the ***** quality of the photos too? http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110520/home-kit-201112_2262950_2363493

They're all grainy, and the third one isn't even bordered properly. Makes us look pretty unprofessional.

20-05-2011, 11:12 AM
I don't like it, but hopefully next season the team will give me a reason to look upon it fondly.

20-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Meh..

20-05-2011, 11:14 AM
This is what happens when you bung a 1st year art student with average grades a few bob and some hallucinogens.
Poor effort.

20-05-2011, 11:17 AM
It looks a bit more like a Rugby top than a football one, I hope this won't continue for Hibs home tops, I'm a traditionalist.

In saying that, I am finding myself to quite like this..........

Perhaps if it was acceptable to tinker with the home top every now and again then reverting to a traditional top would be a bit of an event instead of just the same old same old...

I'm not a traditionalist. For me the hibs home top is whatever top my team, Hibernian, wears at home. Of more importance to me is that the team on the park is fit to wear a hibs strip. Sadly that hasn't been the case of late.

You can dress them up to look like the tornadoes but the strip doesn't make the player.

20-05-2011, 11:21 AM
I quite like it. :duck:

20-05-2011, 11:22 AM
The Dark green is the sponsors colour.

20-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Well as said elsewhere, I find it a breathe of fresh air.

I wonder how many people that don't like it, don't buy replica tops anyway, and same for those that do.
2 will be bought for my household anyway

20-05-2011, 11:27 AM
I quite like it.

Not fantastic but at least it's a wee bit different and not just a standard template which is what we got this season.

EskbankHibby
20-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Not a fan tbh but, short of wearing anything maroon, i'm never really that bothered about the top.

It's the performance of the folk lucky enough to wear the top that will be my only concern.

20-05-2011, 11:44 AM

That's what it says now.

What did it say before?

I don't think the top's too bad to be honest, although I can understand why some people are unhappy that the club has broken with tradition.

Not too sure why the "doon the slope" thing has been mentioned when the slope was removed more than a decade ago. :confused:

vanNISHtelroy
20-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Don't think it looks too bad, but suppose I can see what yous mean about tradition etc.

Hated it the year we had the all white home top (could have been 97-98 or 98-99) cos Killie should play in blue and white stripes. Although modifications like having stripes on the back or not never really bothered me.

20-05-2011, 12:42 PM
I shouldn't like it, but I do :agree:

20-05-2011, 12:49 PM
That's what it says now.

What did it say before?

I don't think the top's too bad to be honest, although I can understand why some people are unhappy that the club has broken with tradition.

Not too sure why the "doon the slope" thing has been mentioned when the slope was removed more than a decade ago. :confused:

Just an excuse to cover up us copying the template for a Spurs top last season :rolleyes:

Dont think the strip is awful but certainly dont like it enough to purchase one myself, praying that the away top is a better effort. If the away top was like that but with the light green part black and the sleeves dark green reckon it could have been pretty tasty :aok:

20-05-2011, 12:53 PM

Now we know why they were giving discount vouchers for the strip with the ST's, because they know they won't be losing too much money.

Two words to sum up the strip - ming ing.

Auckland Hibs
20-05-2011, 01:14 PM

Now we know why they were giving discount vouchers for the strip with the ST's, because they know they won't be losing too much money.

Two words to sum up the strip - ming ing.

WTF it's not the best

20-05-2011, 01:17 PM
That's what it says now.

What did it say before?

"Opponents lose all hope when they get us doon the slope".

As has been mentioned, the "doon the slope" rubbish is being trawled out, despite being out of date in relation to our pitch, because Puma have used a template that it is a year out of date having been used by them for the Spurs kit last season.

The more I look at it, the more I dislike it. Lazy design from Puma and **** poor marketing.

I can accept that shirt and commercial sponsorship are important sources of revenue for the club, but so is shirt sales. Got the feeling that, having handed out discount vouchers to the majority of folk who will buy the kit, the relevant people within the club probably aren't too bothered what it looks like.

As long as we continue to accept second-rate services as a club, we'll continue to be a second-rate club.

20-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Suppose its all down to opinions..One guys normal clobber is anothers fashion disaster..

I like it, a wee change from the norm, hopefully with performances to match :wink:

20-05-2011, 01:30 PM

Aye. For one of three big marketing campaigns that Hibs will have over the season (along with the Season Ticket and away strip launches) you would have thought that someone would have proof read the strapline to make sure they got the actual lyrics from one of our most famous songs right.

20-05-2011, 01:32 PM
I'll maybe buy it when they do the £10 offer with the name on the back of our new signings like they did this season.

Maybe get Showunmi on it in January, when he returns.:greengrin

20-05-2011, 01:38 PM
I'll maybe buy it when they do the £10 offer with the name on the back of our new signings like they did this season.

Maybe get Showunmi on it in January, when he returns.:greengrinA tenner is about all it's worth tae me. If there are any left at the end of the season I might buy it just because I have all the rest. I'll certainly not be paying full price for it.

20-05-2011, 01:40 PM
A tenner is about all it's worth tae me. If there are any left at the end of the season I might buy it just because I have all the rest. I'll certainly not be paying full price for it.

I can't wait until they go on sale at a reduced price. They never have any Mediums left.:greengrin

20-05-2011, 02:10 PM
I quite like it.

Not fantastic but at least it's a wee bit different and not just a standard template which is what we got this season.

It's a Puma template that they use for strips and t-shirts.

20-05-2011, 04:58 PM
It looks better in HD....:greengrin

I still think that 'Crabbies' is a master stroke of a sponser.....the number of permenantly Crabbie barstewards on here will have Wifes & Girlfriends rushing to buy their 'loved' one such an appropriately logo'd garment

20-05-2011, 05:24 PM
I like it, regardless of the fact that it is pretty much Tottenham's strip from last season with different colours, as I thought the Tottenham strip was really good. I'm not going to buy it, but I think it's better than some of the efforts we've had in recent years, it's a bit different and looks good.

Liam89
20-05-2011, 05:28 PM
The fact of the matter is, no matter what happens with any topic regarding Hibs these days, half of this board will find something wrong with it and moan regardless.

20-05-2011, 05:33 PM

Agreed, I simply cannot understand why they have resurrected this, why not bring the beer mat badge back for good measure? :rolleyes:

Having said that I'm not keen on the sloping bit but a nice top nevertheless :agree:

20-05-2011, 05:59 PM

WTF it's not the best

So you agree its 'not the best' but still give me a WTF. What's your point caller?

20-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Next season I would like them to go back to having the main colour the dark green that we wore 30 years ago.

20-05-2011, 09:03 PM
All this angst about our defunct slope - jeeez. It's part of a Hibs song FFS.

PS - Strip is mingin :wink:

20-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Is it possible to buy home or away shirts without sponsors` names ?

20-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Is it possible to buy home or away shirts without sponsors` names ?

For kids' strips yes. Not sure about the adult sizes.

I personally would like to buy one without the daft design on it. If they've got one that's just dark green with white sleeves etc etc etc...

Auckland Hibs
20-05-2011, 11:00 PM
So you agree its 'not the best' but still give me a WTF. What's your point caller?

Sorry, it wasn't you I was aiming the WTF at! It was my initial response when I saw the new strip and I wrote the reply whilst peeshed.

20-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Even if it is a "template" they have used it's different to the one used for the last Spurs shirt which a lot of people are moaning about. The collar is different and the stripe is a lot lower down.

What other Puma strip has a plain round collar and stripe like that?

I really like it. In my lifetime there has only been two radical strips (white stripe across front and stripey sleeves) and I think this will become the third change from the "norm". Bigger and better teams than us have thought outside the box and opted for a wee change and I think they've really pulled it off this time.

Well done.:agree:

21-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Sorry, it wasn't you I was aiming the WTF at! It was my initial response when I saw the new strip and I wrote the reply whilst peeshed.

no probs

21-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Strip is minging IMO. I really don't like the dark green on the home shirts.

Let's hope they make a better job of the away top.

21-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Even if it is a "template" they have used it's different to the one used for the last Spurs shirt which a lot of people are moaning about. The collar is different and the stripe is a lot lower down.

What other Puma strip has a plain round collar and stripe like that?

I really like it. In my lifetime there has only been two radical strips (white stripe across front and stripey sleeves) and I think this will become the third change from the "norm". Bigger and better teams than us have thought outside the box and opted for a wee change and I think they've really pulled it off this time.

Well done.:agree:

:agree: far from being a bog-standard template i dont see any other teams with the same style. Some of them are using the same theme of the coloured shoulders and stripes but as far as i can tell the Hibs version with the round collar and two solid, unbroken stripes across the chest is unique amongst all the puma kits that have been released.

Daring to be different with a bespoke design from a big name brand, nowt wrong with that IMO

21-05-2011, 10:50 AM
I couldn't care less what the strip looks like (although it is pretty bogging), as long as those wearing it are considerably less bogging than last season.

21-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Well that's four discount vouchers for the new top that won't be used! Maybe that was Rod's plan all along :greengrin

sixtwo
21-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I really like it.

The home strip is usually so predictable. I think this is a refreshing change.

21-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Well that's four discount vouchers for the new top that won't be used! Maybe that was Rod's plan all along :greengrinNo a very good plan then, he's losing the other 30 quid on each top :wink:

21-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Well that's four discount vouchers for the new top that won't be used! Maybe that was Rod's plan all along :greengrin

Feel free to chuck them this way then!

21-05-2011, 12:43 PM
No a very good plan then, he's losing the other 30 quid on each top :wink:

No he's not that daft, by the time the voucher has expired it will probably have grown on me :wink:

21-05-2011, 12:47 PM
No he's not that daft, by the time the voucher has expired it will probably have grown on me :wink:it'll be doon in price tae at least a tenner before I ever buy it.

Bohemian_Hibee
21-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Ok, my tuppence worth (and I haven't read through the whole thread)....

The traditionalists/conservatives won't be happy and it's understandable why.

That said, I love it, it'll be the first home jersey I will buy since 2003. Why? because it's different, innovation, stylish and dare I say, european. Keeping the jersey to the same traditional style is all fine and well but it won't shift in big numbers. This is radical, daring and I reckon it will be a big seller. It'll certainly look good strolling down O'Connell Street....:flag:

21-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Grown men greeting about a daft fitba top. :faf:

Strips are for the bairns, and no doubt the bairns will love it, even more so as it's based on Tottenham's one. Plus no-one over the age of 16 should be wearing strips to games anyway. :duck:

I think its alright - its a fitba strip, wasn't expecting much more.

I'll probably buy it, wear it to the gym, 5-a-sides etc and it'll fall to bits after the 3rd wash as they always do anyway :greengrin

Bohemian_Hibee
21-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Plus no-one over the age of 16 should be wearing strips to games anyway. :duck:

Yeah, grown men should wear flat-caps and use rattlers, isn't that right Mr Flintstone :na na:

21-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Grown men greeting about a daft fitba top. :faf:

A bit strong no?...

...what about the torn faced wimmin? :greengrin

21-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Its gash!

but my two boys will still be sporting it soon.

21-05-2011, 02:30 PM
i started yesterday hating the new shirt. I now find myself really liking it!!

It does look very good.:agree:

Rossco1875
22-05-2011, 09:58 AM
it'll be doon in price tae at least a tenner before I ever buy it.

tight fisted :wink:

am off the day its out so will be heading down to easter road :agree: