PDA

View Full Version : who was your player of the season for hibs ?

hibee_95
19-05-2011, 09:53 PM
who do you think was our best player?

i think towell and booth have been a class act

Holmesdale Hibs
19-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Booth was good but didn't play the whole season. Would probably have to give it to Hanlon. Thought Brown was ok as well although we had our best run when Stack was in goals.

seanraff07
19-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Booth

Greentinted
19-05-2011, 10:00 PM
But for injury it would have been Stack who gave a much needed stability which galvanised the team as a unit.
Other than that I'm struggling (and I'm usually a glass half-full kinda chap)

hibee bouncer
19-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Tam McCourt gets my vote!

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Stokes for me, he had a good game on the first day of the season :wink:.

MrRobot
19-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Booth and Hanlon.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Hanlon for me by a country mile

ForrieGreen
19-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Nish

basehibby
20-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Hanlon for me - has laid regular claim to a jersey all season and has improved his game even while playing in a struggling team - deservedly donning the captains armband on occasion despite his slender years.

Sodje_18
20-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Hanlon, Booth or Sodje. A lot of people on this aren't a fan of the big man but 13 games and 6 goals? Statistics don't lie :wink:

smurf
20-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Booth. Only bright spark in a miserable season. Oh and runner up the 12th Man.

greenlex
20-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Callum Callum Booth.

basehibby
20-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Hanlon, Booth or Sodje. A lot of people on this aren't a fan of the big man but 13 games and 6 goals? Statistics don't lie :wink:

If Sodje had played the whole season for us with a strike rate like that then he'd probably deserve the accolade. :thumbsup:

vanNISHtelroy
20-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Nish

Agreed :greengrin

:singing:Colin van Nishtelroy, Colin van Nishtelroy:singing:

Seveno
20-05-2011, 12:09 PM

That's good for me. :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Callum Booth for me, he only played since January but imo was head and shoulders above anything else we have since coming into the side.

hibsforeurope
20-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Is this a trick question?:greengrin

Bob1875
20-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Booth. Only bright spark in a miserable season. Oh and runner up the 12th Man.

Imagine the atmosphere that could be created if we had an exciting team on the park.

LancashireHibby
20-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Booth for me. Which says all you need to know about the first half of the season!

Beefster
20-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Booth is the only player worthy of any sort of award this season.

I don't get the Hanlon love-in tbh. He's an integral part of the worst defence in the SPL and was made to look a mug far too often.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Booth is the only player worthy of any sort of award this season.

I don't get the Hanlon love-in tbh. He's an integral part of the worst defence in the SPL and was made to look a mug far too often.

:agree: imo he has to learn very quickly, as you can only get away with so much because of age. I think he has had some very good games, but also some very poor ones. I include games at centre half in that.

I think his lack of pace is shown up, and its imperative we get another central defender in this window.

JimBHibees
20-05-2011, 03:01 PM
:agree: imo he has to learn very quickly, as you can only get away with so much because of age. I think he has had some very good games, but also some very poor ones. I include games at centre half in that.

I think his lack of pace is shown up, and its imperative we get another central defender in this window.

:agree: Who is experienced, commanding and will help Paul develop beside him.

The name of Christian Dailly keeps coming into my head when I think of the sort of person we need, if not him someone like him.

frazeHFC
20-05-2011, 05:45 PM
I think the awards given were spot on. Hanlon for best player and Booth for best young player, and was probably second best overall player.

Hanlon has just been amazing and has saved us on many occasions with last ditch tackles. If he goes this summer, i will go insane!

Class act Paul, keep it up! :thumbsup:

1000th post

silverhibee
21-05-2011, 01:27 PM
:agree: Who is experienced, commanding and will help Paul develop beside him.

The name of Christian Dailly keeps coming into my head when I think of the sort of person we need, if not him someone like him.

Davie Weir would be great for the young lads at the back.

silverhibee
21-05-2011, 01:38 PM
I think the awards given were spot on. Hanlon for best player and Booth for best young player, and was probably second best overall player.

Hanlon has just been amazing and has saved us on many occasions with last ditch tackles. If he goes this summer, i will go insane!

Class act Paul, keep it up! :thumbsup:

1000th post

Have to disagree about Hanlon, he was part of the defence that conceded 61 goals this season and he played most of the games.

Booth would be the only player to pick up any awards this season, Hanlon is a good prospect but he needs to be more consistant during games, his positional sense in games is very poor at times, hopefully an experinced player along side him for next season to guide him through games, and he is not a captain either.

Bostonhibby
22-05-2011, 09:24 AM
I either wouldn't award it this season, or turn it into some form of award in recognition of Alan Gordons contribution to our 1972/3 season in his memory.

Failing that Callum Booth.

3pm
22-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Have to disagree about Hanlon, he was part of the defence that conceded 61 goals this season and he played most of the games.

Booth would be the only player to pick up any awards this season, Hanlon is a good prospect but he needs to be more consistant during games, his positional sense in games is very poor at times, hopefully an experinced player along side him for next season to guide him through games, and he is not a captain either.

I agree Hanlon gets caught out but I'd question how much of it is of his own doing. He is often covering for his team mates all over the back 4 and at times it's just as well he's been there. He's learning his trade and makes errors (see Celtic away 3-0) but there is excessive pressure on him. He needs a Jones type figure alongside him and another decent full back.

I look at Hanlon and look at how Berra was developed at Hearts. He had the luxury of playing alongside Webster or Pressley with a good keeper in Gordon as well - little pressure on him, got to learn and moved to a decent side. Hanlon has never had that luxury, he's the main man in the back 4 when he should be learning. He's doing just fine, he'd do better with some decent support as well.

Bostonhibby
22-05-2011, 09:45 AM
I agree Hanlon gets caught out but I'd question how much of it is of his own doing. He is often covering for his team mates all over the back 4 and at times it's just as well he's been there. He's learning his trade and makes errors (see Celtic away 3-0) but there is excessive pressure on him. He needs a Jones type figure alongside him and another decent full back.

I look at Hanlon and look at how Berra was developed at Hearts. He had the luxury of playing alongside Webster or Pressley with a good keeper in Gordon as well - little pressure on him, got to learn and moved to a decent side. Hanlon has never had that luxury, he's the main man in the back 4 when he should be learning. He's doing just fine, he'd do better with some decent support as well.

:agree: A very good summary of Hanlon and his situation, problem is that we are where we are in terms of the players around him and I just hope things improve next season so that we get to see how far he can improve.