PDA

View Full Version : All Transfer Rumours

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Just putting this thread up so that if anyone has any Hibs transfer rumours they can post them here.Sorry if there is already a thread like this:cgwa

AndersonGGTTH
19-05-2011, 06:24 PM
:agree:Nile Ranger

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 06:29 PM
anyone heard anything else about Ross Countys Scott Boyd.We were linked with him

AndersonGGTTH
19-05-2011, 06:32 PM
anyone heard anything else about Ross Countys Scott Boyd.We were linked with him

hopefully that rumour has been distuinguished now that DA has ****ed off :hnet:

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 06:34 PM
hopefully that rumour has been distuinguished now that DA has ****ed off :hnet:

Ye, hopefully that will be the end of all the Ross County rumours

AndersonGGTTH
19-05-2011, 06:37 PM
good thing from DA is we got jimmy scott which i am pleased about :)

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 06:39 PM
good thing from DA is we got jimmy scott which i am pleased about :)

Ye, good player for only £80,000

darwenhibby
19-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Some young laddie from Blackpool we keep getting linked with.

Will be interesting to see what happens there after Sunday.

Depends on wheter they win or not.

Sounds daft but I think Blackpool will get at least a point there.

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 06:47 PM

I think so too.
Man united have nothing to play for and Blackpool have everyting to play for.
Hope they stay up Holloway is a great manager

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Tade from Raith

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Adam Rooney

HibbyAndy
19-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Simon Ford ex Killie.

LancsHibs
19-05-2011, 06:55 PM

Stop it:faf::fishin:

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Leigh Griffiths on loan from Wolves
Adam le Fondre from Rotherham
Nick Blackman from Blackburn

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Jamie Hamill was linked. Looked like he is going to the yams

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Michael Duberry from St Johnstone

SouthMoroccoStu
19-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Leigh Griffiths on loan from Wolves
Adam le Fondre from Rotherham
Nick Blackman from Blackburn

:thumbsup::flag::pray:

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Ryan Flynn from Falkirk

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Sean Higgins from Dundee. To be honest i dont want to see many first division players at ER next season

Joe
19-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Stephen O'Donnell from Celtic.

What about making a move for Gavin Rae? If the sheep can be in the running for him with their modern art stadium and none existent training ground then we should be able to attract him aswell.

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Stephen O'Donnell from Celtic.

What about making a move for Gavin Rae? If the sheep can be in the running for him with their modern art stadium and none existent training ground then we should be able to attract him aswell.
Yes we are a bigger club with Aberdeen so we should be able to lure him.
Whether or not i would want him is a different question.

Joe
19-05-2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/10897/no-surprise-craig-forsyth-is-transfer-target-says-dundee-fc-boss-smith.html

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 07:51 PM
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/10897/no-surprise-craig-forsyth-is-transfer-target-says-dundee-fc-boss-smith.html
If this is true i would expect we would pose to be his preferred club over SJ and MW
.:scarf::scarf:

thebakerboy
19-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Would quite like to see Kevin MacDonald from Burnley (been released) , think we looked at him when he was at Dundee but Burnley took him down south.

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Garry o Connor.
Probably not anymore after the drugs thing

darwenhibby
19-05-2011, 08:18 PM
I think so too.
Man united have nothing to play for and Blackpool have everyting to play for.
Hope they stay up Holloway is a great manager

I am told that the players will run through brick walls for him.

I have a ST at OT but routeing for the seasiders on Sunday.

I believe it is split on fellow Lancashire Hibbys who live by the seaside on as to whether they want them to stay up or not.

hibee_95
19-05-2011, 08:18 PM
some players that havent been mentioned but would probably be worth a shout...

jamie langfield?
david goodwillie?

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Scott Arfield from Huddersfield

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Cammy Bell from Kilmarnock

AlbertK86
19-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Swanson fae DU

Not a rumour more a suggestion - Craig Mckail-Smith if Posh don't win the play off final- maybe a bit ambitious but we've pulled similar things off in the past IE Goram - similar situation as he had just broken into Scotland Squad .... Come up and cement his place in the Scotland Team. Reckon he would score a barrowload up here

unfortunately with our man Rod P in charge I cannae see it

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2011, 08:41 PM

jamie langfield?
david goodwillie?

We already have 2 keepers better than Langfield, and Goodwillie will go to one of the old firm for at least £2m

moredun
19-05-2011, 09:08 PM
We already have 2 keepers better than Langfield, and Goodwillie will go to one of the old firm for at least £2m

Not with a court case for rape on the horizon.

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Jamie Murphy from Motherwell
Another suggestion not a rumour.

moredun
19-05-2011, 09:29 PM
It would be better if there was a different thread for suggestions, it is after all a "rumour" thread:na na:

hibee_95
19-05-2011, 09:45 PM

i think langfield is a quality keeper that could fight for a place with brown. Stack is injured too much and should be released.

hibeeleicester
19-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Hibs are in talks with one of my mates going on trial :agree:

carlos70
19-05-2011, 10:22 PM

jamie langfield?
david goodwillie?

Sure I read that he signed on for another year with the sheep just before kick off on Saturday :dunno:

steakbake
19-05-2011, 10:42 PM

Garry O'Conner or David Goodwillie?

Dunbar Hibee
19-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Jamie Langfield is baws! His team-mates call him 'Clangers' for a reason!

erin go bragh
19-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Sure I read that he signed on for another year with the sheep just before kick off on Saturday :dunno:
Yes a 1 year extension :agree:
ggtth

Captain Trips
Jamie Langfield is baws! His team-mates call him 'Clangers' for a reason!

Will fit in a treat at ER than.

Booked4Being-Ugly
Garry O'Conner or David Goodwillie?:tee hee:

Ed De Gramo
19-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Michael Duberry from St Johnstone

Not a chance in hell

ForrieGreen
20-05-2011, 12:01 AM

Ye I've heared that too, sounds very interesting.

hibeeleicester
20-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Garry O'Conner or David Goodwillie?

nethier :wink:

IanM
20-05-2011, 07:37 AM

clue????

YehButNoBut
20-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Liam Miller to Hearts

According to punter here

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Derek-Adams-quits-Hibs-to.6771285.jp

Golden Bear
20-05-2011, 09:07 AM
CC went on holiday last night so I expect everything will be quiet on the transfer front for the next couple of weeks.

smurf
20-05-2011, 09:10 AM
CC went on holiday last night so I expect everything will be quiet on the transfer front for the next couple of weeks.

Why? He will have identified the targets and submitted that to the board...

bingo70
20-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Why? He will have identified the targets and submitted that to the board...

It's the usual excuse we get at this time of year though so don't expect this season to be any different, for the next 2 weeks there'll be no activity because CC is on holiday, then after that there'll be no activity because a lot of the players are on holiday then after that Petrie will be away to seton sands caravan park on his hollybobs.

I'm not normally negative about the board but the fact we leave our signings so late in every transfer window does my head in, january being the prime example, none of the players we got in january should have been out of our reach within the first week of the window as the only one that was actually playing was Jimmy Scott.

TBF though i suppose we have got Sproule in early this time so hopefully there's a change in tact this season.

Seveno
20-05-2011, 12:14 PM

jamie langfield?
david goodwillie?

Jamie Langfield ! Are you mad ? We've had enough bomb scare goalies in the past.

Phil MaGlass
20-05-2011, 12:47 PM
hertz in for Miller and Stokes.

SteveHFC
20-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Sean Higgins from Dundee. To be honest i dont want to see many first division players at ER next season

He has signed for St.Johnstone Today.

Mon the Hibs
20-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Iain Vigours from Ross County

R'Albin
20-05-2011, 04:08 PM
It's the usual excuse we get at this time of year though so don't expect this season to be any different, for the next 2 weeks there'll be no activity because CC is on holiday, then after that there'll be no activity because a lot of the players are on holiday then after that Petrie will be away to seton sands caravan park on his hollybobs.

I'm not normally negative about the board but the fact we leave our signings so late in every transfer window does my head in, january being the prime example, none of the players we got in january should have been out of our reach within the first week of the window as the only one that was actually playing was Jimmy Scott.

TBF though i suppose we have got Sproule in early this time so hopefully there's a change in tact this season.

Agreed, it annoys me as well, we might not have lost to Ayr had we had a couple of new players in.

Iain Vigours from Ross County

Why has this boy been punted(or left by mutual consent:greengrin) already btw?

...WentToMowAnSPL
20-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Why has this boy been punted(or left by mutual consent:greengrin) already btw?[/QUOTE]

OMG ! better not start any new threads :rules:

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-05-2011, 05:30 PM
This thread is full of tommy tit...

That is all..

AndersonGGTTH
20-05-2011, 05:44 PM
if CH gets job at hammers then he wants CC as assistant , gordon strachan to manage hibs! Heard it here first <3

moredun
20-05-2011, 05:46 PM
if CH gets job at hammers then he wants CC as assistant , gordon strachan to manage hibs! Heard it here first <3

HMMM

Will that mean Di Canio (sp) is leaving already:wink:

Andy74
20-05-2011, 05:58 PM

It's a bit of a myth that we always sign people late.

bingo70
20-05-2011, 07:45 PM

If thats the case then fair enough, off the top of my head though i can think of all our january signings (we needed them at the 1st of january), Duffy, Miller, Dickoh, Grounds, Trakys, Riordan, Bamba and think stokes was pretty late on too without being last minute.

I'm sure you can name other signings that came in early but in general i think we do seem to do a lot of business closer to the end of the window than we should do, now that may just be because of the players we're after but CC has been on record saying he wants signings in early this year so pressuming we're still shopping in the same market as the last few years either he's in for a dissapointment or we've been doing something wrong in the past

aberhibsfc
21-05-2011, 02:33 PM
HMMM

Will that mean Di Canio (sp) is leaving already:wink:

Who's CH?

Thought DiCanio was taking over at a League 2 side.

Agree with earlier poster, thread is a bit Tom Kite. It's meant to be rumours not single fish.

R'Albin
21-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Who's CH?

Thought DiCanio was taking over at a League 2 side.

Agree with earlier poster, thread is a complete Tom Kite. It's meant to be rumours not single fish.

Fixed that for you:wink:

blackpoolhibs
21-05-2011, 03:37 PM

:agree: Rod will have identified a few players on one of his many scouting expeditions, and he will sign them accordingly.

BEEJ
21-05-2011, 03:58 PM

Spot on. :top marks

Often infuriating the length of time it takes for us to sort out the player acquisition side of things. The January 2011 window was one of the worst; six out of the seven players recruited arrived in the last week of the window or after.

I'm sure you can name other signings that came in early but in general i think we do seem to do a lot of business closer to the end of the window than we should do, now that may just be because of the players we're after but CC has been on record saying he wants signings in early this year so pressuming we're still shopping in the same market as the last few years either he's in for a dissapointment or we've been doing something wrong in the past
The last time we secured the signing of a number of players in the summer window before the month of July was in 2007 when JC had cleared out the squad and had a number to recruit.

As CC faces similar circumstances this year (and the new season is starting earlier) we can only hope for similar early progress to be made on the transfer front.

ScottB
21-05-2011, 04:31 PM
When you're after guys on Bosman's, obviously it will be later in the window, since they will be picking and choosing from offers.

If you're paying fees then it may happen sooner I suppose.

At this point the window aint open and contracts aren't up yet, so not worth getting in a twist over.

Kaiser1962
21-05-2011, 04:35 PM
When you're after guys on Bosman's, obviously it will be later in the window, since they will be picking and choosing from offers.

If you're paying fees then it may happen sooner I suppose.

At this point the window aint open and contracts aren't up yet, so not worth getting in a twist over.

They will be holding off for a better offer.

However we may get a surprise or two.

R'Albin
21-05-2011, 04:52 PM
They will be holding off for a better offer.

However we may get a surprise or two.

What do you mean by that ? Do you know something we don't?

Kaiser1962
21-05-2011, 05:20 PM
What do you mean by that ? Do you know something we don't?

Absolutely not. Wishful thinking.

R'Albin
21-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Absolutely not. Wishful thinking.

Oh :greengrin

hibee1994
21-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Again more of a suggestion than rumour but would it be a good idea to bring in Jonjo Shelvey on loan from Liverpool? Might be good for palsson to have an former team-mate with him here even just for a year and the boy looks talented. Not sure if he is available though.

R'Albin
21-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Again more of a suggestion than rumour but would it be a good idea to bring in Jonjo Shelvey on loan from Liverpool? Might be good for palsson to have an former team-mate with him here even just for a year and the boy looks talented. Not sure if he is available though.

would love that to happen but it won't, pretty sure he played against arsenal recently?

SteveHFC
21-05-2011, 05:43 PM

What about getting John Flanagan on loan from Liverpool.

Dunbar Hibee
21-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Jonjo Shelvey is terrible :faf:

hibee1994
21-05-2011, 05:47 PM
would love that to happen but it won't, pretty sure he played against arsenal recently?

yeah he gets the occasional first team game for them.

As for the guy who said Shelvey was terrible, he can't be any worse than some of the players we have. Would you rather have John Rankin or be playing stevenson in central midfield?

Dunbar Hibee
21-05-2011, 06:30 PM
yeah he gets the occasional first team game for them.

As for the guy who said Shelvey was terrible, he can't be any worse than some of the players we have. Would you rather have John Rankin or be playing stevenson in central midfield?

Probably.

hibee_95
21-05-2011, 10:37 PM
heard from a reliable source that we could be signing bouzid

Speedway
21-05-2011, 11:29 PM
We were linked with this guy earlier this season and although uprooting the family would be a concern for him, I can see us going in for him again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Seip

TPAKA
21-05-2011, 11:38 PM
i think langfield is a quality keeper that could fight for a place with brown. Stack is injured too much and should be released.

Think he's offski anywho.

Look abroad again for a goalie but just don't use the same agent's as the Brown/Malkowski/Makalamby/Smith/Brown/Divis one's. :aok:

Aldo
22-05-2011, 06:26 AM

:confused:

Na

leithsansiro
22-05-2011, 07:08 PM
I heard somewhere that Hibs were looking at Jim Paterson (ex of Dundee Utd)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Paterson

Maybe it's rubbish, not sure. He's a decent left back who could help bring Booth on a bit

Speedway
23-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Riordan, Miller and Stack appear to be gonners.

Dickoh, Towell and Vaz Te are maybes

HibeeMackenzie
23-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Heard we have agreed a fee with Rotherham for Adam Le Fondre

HibbyAndy
23-05-2011, 03:35 PM

A heard from a reliable source your a heid the baw.

Speedway
23-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Heard that most people who hear things are hearing things.

Aldo
23-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Heard we have agreed a fee with Rotherham for Adam Le Fondre

From who????

easty
23-05-2011, 03:55 PM
[/B]

From who????

Clearly from nobody. :rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Are illegal narcotics to be taken before posting names on here? Bouzid, Le Fondre, Shelvey & Goodwillie FFS!

GordonHFC
23-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Heard that most people who hear things are hearing things.

Source.

Ritchie
23-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Jonjo Shelvey is terrible :faf:

And would still be the best player at Hibs if he were to join......

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Are illegal narcotics to be taken before posting names on here? Bouzid, Le Fondre, Shelvey & Goodwillie FFS!

Not a pre-requisite, but it certainly helps:wink:

Dunbar Hibee
23-05-2011, 06:37 PM
And would still be the best player at Hibs if he were to join......

Nope, he's gash.

Hibby Gav
23-05-2011, 11:15 PM
would love it if we signed Barry Robson...........

IWasThere2016
24-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Spot on. :top marks

Often infuriating the length of time it takes for us to sort out the player acquisition side of things. The January 2011 window was one of the worst; six out of the seven players recruited arrived in the last week of the window or after.

The last time we secured the signing of a number of players in the summer window before the month of July was in 2007 when JC had cleared out the squad and had a number to recruit.

As CC faces similar circumstances this year (and the new season is starting earlier) we can only hope for similar early progress to be made on the transfer front.

:agree: and it is certainly not a myth that we sign players late on in the windows!

3pm
24-05-2011, 06:40 AM
:agree: and it is certainly not a myth that we sign players late on in the windows!

Depends who you ask!

Andy74
24-05-2011, 09:06 AM

We do sign players late in the windows, in common with every club, and it s agood sign that we are continually involved in trasnfer deadline day moves.

If this wasn't just the way it worked there would be nop nned for the coverage the final day gets.

But we don't just wait around for it. Sproule has already signed in mid May. Lasty year we signed De Graaf in June and Hart in early July. Graeme Smith was signed on 1 January. Stack was early August when he signed.

Going back Collins had 6 or 7 in for the start of pre season.

The perception we only wait until the end is rubbish.