PDA

View Full Version : Sproule to captain the Hibs?

ivan03
19-05-2011, 11:30 AM
abit premature but, as we dont have a natural captain at the club just now, i can imagine mr ivan as captain one day. he knows what the club is all about, and i reckon will; fire the boys up every game and want the team to constantly perform! he would be very proud and honoured to captain the hibs! i dont think we should rule it out! :flag: personally would love to see ivan with the armband!

.Sean.
19-05-2011, 11:35 AM
We're short of captain material certainly. Murray doesn't seem to be a first pick, and I don't fancy Hanlon as captain as it's a big responsibility for one so young. Stack would be my vote if he signs on. Big if, that, however.

scott7_0(Prague)
19-05-2011, 11:36 AM
abit premature but, as we dont have a natural captain at the club just now, i can imagine mr ivan as captain one day. he knows what the club is all about, and i reckon will; fire the boys up every game and want the team to constantly perform! he would be very proud and honoured to captain the hibs! i dont think we should rule it out! :flag: personally would love to see ivan with the armband!

HE was super sub the first time at Hibs, so how would ones captain manage to captain the team from the bench? :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2011, 11:49 AM
HE was super sub the first time at Hibs, so how would ones captain manage to captain the team from the bench? :rolleyes:

:top marks

Hanlon deserves to be captain....Some posters getting way too over excited

3pm
19-05-2011, 11:52 AM

He's player / assistant manager.

AndersonGGTTH
19-05-2011, 12:55 PM
wouldnt critiscise CC if he gave IS captincay tbh , thats all i am saying though.

DCI Gene Hunt
19-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Is Sproule really Captain material? :hmmm:

T'Guv

ancient hibee
19-05-2011, 03:20 PM
3 red cards 20 yellows(more cards that goals?)don't think so.If Stack was fit he'd be my choice.

MyJo
19-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I'd rather leave it with hanlon or give it to the experienced centre half we'll be signing.

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Why not Liam Miller.He is experienced and a good enough player in my opinion

PeterboroHibee
19-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Can see Ivan being used as more of an impact player, and with any winger/attacker, if things arent going well they can be the first ones to go; dont really want to see the captain getting subbed every game.

Dont really think weve got a 'captain' at the club at the moment, whether that be someone who will organise things and keep the other players in line, or an inspirational leader. Unless someone is brought in over the summer would leave it with Hanlon, he is a bit young but hes our best CB, our best player this year and has looked the best option with the armband. An actual Hibee wearing the armband helps with the fans as well.

Hibs Class
19-05-2011, 04:37 PM
3 red cards 20 yellows(more cards that goals?)don't think so.If Stack was fit he'd be my choice.

I agree. Even if Ivan is a regular starter he would have to show his discipline was much improved before he could be considered.

Phil D. Rolls
19-05-2011, 04:46 PM
This is shaping up to be a catastrophe of De Graff sized proportions.

greenlex
19-05-2011, 05:16 PM
He isnt captain material. A certain Semi final at Hampden tells us this.

Jim44
19-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Why not Liam Miller.He is experienced and a good enough player in my opinion

I agree but I think there's every chance that Miller won't be at ER next season.

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 05:34 PM
I agree but I think there's every chance that Miller won't be at ER next season.

He said that he wants to stay but we have to wait and see if we can offer him good enough wages and if CC wants to keep him. I hope so, we need someone experienced in midfield

Franck Stanton
19-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Think some of us are getting a wee bit carried away, Ivan is a fans favourite, imo a good player to have in the squad/team but most definately not captain material.

AndersonGGTTH
19-05-2011, 05:47 PM

people thought i was getting carried away when i mentioned this but i do really believe he would be a good captain! for starters he speaks duringa game unlike most of they bottlers !

iwasthere1972
19-05-2011, 05:56 PM
people thought i was getting carried away when i mentioned this but i do really believe he would be a good captain! for starters he speaks duringa game unlike most of they bottlers !

For some reason I've never been keen on goalkeepers wearing the armband.

R'Albin
19-05-2011, 05:59 PM
This is shaping up to be a catastrophe of De Graff sized proportions.

Beginning to feel the same way, lets hope not!

Westie1875
19-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Lets not forget that Ivan has been away for 4 years and has been through a lot in that period of time. There is no doubt he will have matured a lot since his last spell at Easter Road.

AndersonGGTTH
19-05-2011, 06:03 PM
For some reason I've never been keen on goalkeepers wearing the armband.

ye same neither but in that current team i honestly cant think of anyone apart from P.Hanlon but am worried incase he is carrying too much weight on his shoulders especially at his age , if you know what i mean?

ForrieGreen
19-05-2011, 06:05 PM
He said that he wants to stay but we have to wait and see if we can offer him good enough wages and if CC wants to keep him. I hope so, we need someone experienced in midfield

I'm sorry but he can bolt if he thinks he deserves another penny more in his wages, he doesn't perform consistently as others around him being paid much less.

chunk1875
19-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Paul Hanlon isn't a captain he's struggling to be defender got a touch of the Chris Hogg about him. Sproule was found out towards the end of his first spell but we do need pace and the level of the spl has dropped since he left.

Riordans Boots
19-05-2011, 08:27 PM
:top marks

Hanlon deserves to be captain....Some posters getting way too over excited

Hanlon was doing a good job for such a young lad. He will become better and deserves to wear the armband. :agree:

What's that old saying again :hmmm: .... Why fix it if it's not broken.:greengrin

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Hanlon was doing a good job for such a young lad. He will become better and deserves to wear the armband. :agree:

What's that old saying again :hmmm: .... Why fix it if it's not broken.:greengrin
But it is broken.
The defense is a mess and there is hardly any communication.
We have conceded the most goals in the SPL this season

Riordans Boots
19-05-2011, 08:34 PM
But it is broken.
The defense is a mess and there is hardly any communication.
We have conceded the most goals in the SPL this season

Fair point - but that's not just down to Hanlon.

I agree with what you are saying but am not even going to get into any disagreement with anyone on this, as we all have our personal opinions.