PDA

View Full Version : Hate for Neil Lennon

blueisthecolour
19-05-2011, 10:30 AM
I was speaking to a celtic fan who said to me I understand why Rangers fans hate Neil Lennon but don't understand why fans of other teams hate him, Hearts fan attacks him motherwell fans joined in clapping their hands when Rangers fans were singing if you hate Neil Lennon, I can't speak for fans of other teams so I thought I would ask the question.

Do you Hate Neil Lennon and if so WHY?

The Harp
19-05-2011, 10:48 AM
That's all we need ... a rangers fan on a Hibs messageboard starting a thread about the reasons for a celtic manager being hated. :confused:
Aren't there enough issues with your own club for you to be concentrating on?

magnificent_seven
19-05-2011, 10:51 AM
I don't hate him, or even dislike him. He has done nothing to me to make me hate him. Met him once and even seemed like a decent lad! :duck:

Greentinted
19-05-2011, 10:57 AM
I don't hate Neil Lennon. In fact, I have trouble hating any human being.

I detest any organisation which exists, manipulates and trades purely on the back of a vile divisive agenda - organisations like Rangers Football Club and The Celtic Football and Athletic Company. I am fussy who I choose to hate - leaving it solely for the most evil, perditious elements of our society which have no place in it.

Without exploiting a 'unique' sectarian branding those two would dissolve into the second-city, provincial football clubs they truly are.

Go figure - OFGTF

steakbake
19-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Fact of the matter is that the entire source of the Neil Lennon hate and intimidation campaign comes from the time he could have been made captain of Northern Ireland. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/aug/22/football.northernireland

There's plenty of tough tackling, hard man, gobs***es in football who don't get boo-ed as a matter of course by opposition fans, threatened, intimidated or indeed, assaulted at work.

It may stick in the craw and might embarrass the collective denial, but the fundamental reason that Lennon is actually a victim in all of this is because of a sectarian element of the Northern Ireland support who couldn't stand the idea of a catholic being captain and part of their national side. It's not difficult to see how those sentiments have travelled "over the water" and infected our game here.

PS - No, I don't hate the man. That said, I wouldn't say I think he's great. My only opinion on him is that I feel angry about what he endures and embarrassed by those who seek to excuse it in some way by blaming him.

KWJ
19-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Never liked him since I saw him kick a young Tam McManus off the ball.

Think he'd be a decent guy to have a pint with when I've heard him do more relaxed interviews. Certainly can't say he's not passionate.

blueisthecolour
19-05-2011, 11:05 AM
That's all we need ... a rangers fan on a Hibs messageboard starting a thread about the reasons for a celtic manager being hated. :confused:
Aren't there enough issues with your own club for you to be concentrating on?

A simple no I don't hate him would have done.

Baker9
19-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I certainly don't hate him. I read his bigoraphy last year and concluded that he was a good guy and worthy of much respect. Very sad that people seem to hate so easily.

Cabbage East
19-05-2011, 11:24 AM
You again.

Tell you what I hate more than Neil lennon. Huns.

blueisthecolour
19-05-2011, 11:26 AM
You again.

what do you mean me again?

Carheenlea
19-05-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't mind him to be honest, bit of a panto villain, likes to wind people up, but it's up to you whether you fall into the trap and let yourself get annoyed by him.
Sport is like theatre, it has it's hero's and villains, and those depend on whether they are on your team or not. Lennon is a "hate" figure with other clubs because he is always cast as the villain due to his often inflammatory interviews and touchline demeanour. Religious reasons? Outside of the lowest common denominator elements of the Rangers and Hearts support, you'll find nobody is the slightly bit interested.
Shame that the perrenial offenders Rangers, and more so now Hearts, are dragging Scottush Footballs already tarnished reputation deeper into the mire.

joe breezy
19-05-2011, 11:30 AM
i am Neil Lennon

blueisthecolour
19-05-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't mind him to be honest, bit of a panto villain, likes to wind people up, but it's up to you whether you fall into the trap and let yourself get annoyed by him.
Sport is like theatre, it has it's hero's and villains, and those depend on whether they are on your team or not. Lennon is a "hate" figure with other clubs because he is always cast as the villain due to his often inflammatory interviews and touchline demeanour. Religious reasons? Outside of the lowest common denominator elements of the Rangers and Hearts support, you'll find nobody is the slightly bit interested.
Shame that the perrenial offenders Rangers, and more so now Hearts, are dragging Scottush Footballs already tarnished reputation deeper into the mire.

I don't believe this is the case although I do believe this is what certain people at celtic want everyone to believe this is the reason he is hated.

magnificent_seven
19-05-2011, 11:32 AM
i am Neil Lennon

We are all Neil Lennon :hahaha:

Greentinted
19-05-2011, 11:33 AM
HUN: (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Hun)

A barbarous or destructive person (uncivilized reckless and cretinous)*

If the (baseball) cap fits...

*My parenthesis based on other online definitions.

blueisthecolour
19-05-2011, 11:34 AM
We are all Neil Lennon :hahaha:

Don't know if the rest of the board will be pleased with that.

I am Keith Lemon

blueisthecolour
19-05-2011, 11:36 AM
HUN: (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Hun)

A barbarous or destructive person (uncivilized reckless and cretinous)*

If the (baseball) cap fits...

*My parenthesis based on other online definitions.

Could be used for elements of fans of all clubs.

Greentinted
19-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Could be used for elements of fans of all clubs.

Could be, but crucially isn't. Only the most despicable achieve such a high level of pervasive vilification. And rightly so.

Carheenlea
19-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I don't believe this is the case although I do believe this is what certain people at celtic want everyone to believe this is the reason he is hated.

I think it fits perfectly into the Celtic way to cite religious discrimination against Neil Lennon, and a stance that plays into the hands of their large fanbase.
However, there is no doubt that elements of the Rangers support will use his religion and his NI background as a rod to beat him with, that you surely can't deny? Hearts? They will just follow whatever you do..

scott7_0(Prague)
19-05-2011, 11:45 AM
what do you mean me again?

I think he was referring to you like a bad Pennie, every so often one turns up! :agree:

blueisthecolour
19-05-2011, 11:47 AM
I think it fits perfectly into the Celtic way to cite religious discrimination against Neil Lennon, and a stance that plays into the hands of their large fanbase.
However, there is no doubt that elements of the Rangers support will use his religion and his NI background as a rod to beat him with, that you surely can't deny? Hearts? They will just follow whatever you do..

Martin O'Neil had the same back ground, never did he get the same abuse that Lennon gets.

Franck is God
19-05-2011, 11:50 AM
I think someone mentioned it on the thread already but the Sellick fan you were speaking to clearly doesn't understand why people don't like Lennon.

I'm sure there are some Rangers fans that dislike him purely because he is a catholic man from Northern Ireland who played for and now manages Sellick.

I disliked him as a player for Leicester because he was a dirty moany git, I personally had no idea of his religious background until he moved to Sellick and quite honestly don't care.

He was one of those players that is only ever really liked by the fans of his current team. eg Vinnie Jones, Dennis Wise, Robbie Savage.

His problem is that those players were able to show everyone a very different public persona away from football and as they got older and closer to the end of their playing careers their popularity has became more universal.

Neil Lennon might be the nicest guy in the world but all I see is that same moany git who complains when things don't go his way.

Jack
19-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I don’t hate heahahearts, no really I don’t, but I’ll still clap along, stand up, sit down although I do draw the line at taking my shoe off! :rolleyes:

As for NL. I appreciate all the previous poster said about that stuff in NI and in those days actually felt sorry for him. I also think the bombs and bullets are solely related to that time and part of his life. As NLs profile has grown so they have upped their campaign.

I don’t like NL now for the catalogue of antics we’ve seen from him this season, from the way he’s acted to what he has said. THIS is why I think most fans from clubs around Scotland will clap with the rangers fans when they sing and clap to NL. IMHO this is why we don’t like him, and in fact I’ll include the yam the other week; its these antics and SFA to do with the bombs and bullets campaign which all decent folk see as a disgrace associated with our country.

Celtc, however, will be keen to link the two in their ‘we are innocent of all charges’ and ‘we are the victim in everything and nothing is our fault’ default setting they take with everything.

FranckSuzy
19-05-2011, 12:30 PM
I think someone mentioned it on the thread already but the Sellick fan you were speaking to clearly doesn't understand why people don't like Lennon.

I'm sure there are some Rangers fans that dislike him purely because he is a catholic man from Northern Ireland who played for and now manages Sellick.

I disliked him as a player for Leicester because he was a dirty moany git, I personally had no idea of his religious background until he moved to Sellick and quite honestly don't care.

He was one of those players that is only ever really liked by the fans of his current team. eg Vinnie Jones, Dennis Wise, Robbie Savage.

His problem is that those players were able to show everyone a very different public persona away from football and as they got older and closer to the end of their playing careers their popularity has became more universal.

Neil Lennon might be the nicest guy in the world but all I see is that same moany git who complains when things don't go his way.

I don’t hate heahahearts, no really I don’t, but I’ll still clap along, stand up, sit down although I do draw the line at taking my shoe off! :rolleyes:

As for NL. I appreciate all the previous poster said about that stuff in NI and in those days actually felt sorry for him. I also think the bombs and bullets are solely related to that time and part of his life. As NLs profile has grown so they have upped their campaign.

I don’t like NL now for the catalogue of antics we’ve seen from him this season, from the way he’s acted to what he has said. THIS is why I think most fans from clubs around Scotland will clap with the rangers fans when they sing and clap to NL. IMHO this is why we don’t like him, and in fact I’ll include the yam the other week; its these antics and SFA to do with the bombs and bullets campaign which all decent folk see as a disgrace associated with our country.

Celtc, however, will be keen to link the two in their ‘we are innocent of all charges’ and ‘we are the victim in everything and nothing is our fault’ default setting they take with everything.

:agree: :top marks

Sir David Gray
19-05-2011, 12:34 PM
I can't stand him because he's an obnoxious little sod who has spent most his career (as player and now manager) being extremely confrontational and aggressive towards other people and some of the comments that he has made this season about referees have been absolutely scandalous and the suggestion that somehow Scottish teams were not providing Rangers with much opposition in the title run-in was just absurd. It has absolutely nothing at all to do with the fact that he's a Roman Catholic from Northern Ireland.

It's a bit much to say that I hate Lennon but I certainly detest him intensely.

I know that there's a lot of people who do hate Lennon because of his background and that's not right and there is no excuse for the bombs and the physical assaults on him but a lot of people do dislike him because of the way he conducts himself.

Carheenlea
19-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Martin O'Neil had the same back ground, never did he get the same abuse that Lennon gets.

We are all aware that O'Neil never recieved the same abuse as Lennon, that is a handy fact that Rangers fans can cling onto to deflect accusations of sectarianism away from the issues that are surrounding Neil Lennon in 2011.

The question I put to you is do you agree or disagree that sections of the Rangers support use Neil Lennons Northern Irish background and his religion as a stick to beat him with?

Hank Schrader
19-05-2011, 12:35 PM
I am Keith Lemon

Funny you should say that you are Keith Lemon because I also find him an annoying welt.

marinello59
19-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Neil Lennon's major crime as a manager has been behaving as if he is a fan. That seems to really annoy us for some reason.

HibbyAndy
19-05-2011, 12:38 PM
I hate Sally Mcoist and El Hadj Diouf much much more than Lennon.

MyJo
19-05-2011, 12:41 PM
I dont hate Lennon but i do think he acts like a Nob.

Hibs Class
19-05-2011, 12:53 PM
I was speaking to a celtic fan who said to me I understand why Rangers fans hate Neil Lennon but don't understand why fans of other teams hate him, Hearts fan attacks him motherwell fans joined in clapping their hands when Rangers fans were singing if you hate Neil Lennon, I can't speak for fans of other teams so I thought I would ask the question.

Do you hate Neil Lennon and if so WHY?

blueisthecolour
19-05-2011, 12:57 PM
We are all aware that O'Neil never recieved the same abuse as Lennon, that is a handy fact that Rangers fans can cling onto to deflect accusations of sectarianism away from the issues that are surrounding Neil Lennon in 2011.

The question I put to you is do you agree or disagree that sections of the Rangers support use Neil Lennons Northern Irish background and his religion as a stick to beat him with?

I Disagree
I honestly think there is other reasons as to why he is hated I can honestly say I don't know of any Rangers fan personally who hate Neil Lennon for this reason, so IF there is some who hate him because of religion ive yet to meet them.

easty
19-05-2011, 12:59 PM
I just see him as a panto villain, I don't hate him anymore than I hated any wrestlers who beat The Rock in WWE when I was about 12.

Elephant Stone
19-05-2011, 01:00 PM
No.

HibbyAndy
19-05-2011, 01:00 PM
[/B]

I Disagree
I honestly think there is other reasons as to why he is hated I can honestly say I don't know of any Rangers fan personally who hate Neil Lennon for this reason, so IF there is some who hate him because of religion ive yet to meet them.

:hilarious

You dont know ONE Rangers fan that hates NL cause he is Northen Irish that played and manages Celtic?

Ill tell the jokes :hilarious

Elephant Stone
19-05-2011, 01:01 PM
I just see him as a panto villain, I don't hate him anymore than I hated any wrestlers who beat The Rock in WWE when I was about 12.

:agree:

Sodje_18
19-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I don't hate him, anybody who can wind up huns and yams like he does is earns my respect :thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
19-05-2011, 01:08 PM
I hate Sally Mcoist and El Hadj Diouf much much more than Lennon.

Very interesting would you be willing to give reasons for this, im genuinely surprised by this, most people I know don't have a problem with AM even the celtic fans, the biggest problem they had with him is because he had a great scoring record against them.

HibbyAndy
19-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Very interesting would you be willing to give reasons for this, im genuinely surprised by this, most people I know don't have a problem with AM even the celtic fans, the biggest problem they had with him is because he had a great scoring record against them.

Yep ill certainly enlighten you, Ive hated Sally Mcoist for over 25 years..Tell you what, Take a look on youtube when Souness made his debut at Easter in 1986 when Hibs won 2-1..When Souness that dirty hun bassa gets sent off for nearly snapping George Mclusky's leg there is a 23 man melle in the middle of the park ( Every single player bar Alan Rough ) And watch that little rat Mcoist throw a punch aimed at a hibs player then like the little rodent weasil faced twat that he is run away behind his hun team mates.

That a good enough reason for hating Super Sally?.

Greentinted
19-05-2011, 01:20 PM
[/B]

I Disagree

So please enlighten us, you as an honourable member of the Ibrox legion have never heard Neil Lennon described rather colourfully as a 'fenian bassa' by anyone you have encountered of similar hue to yourself?

heretoday
19-05-2011, 01:22 PM
I don't hate him. I'm amazed at how he puts up with everything.

I do think he is subjecting his family to too much stress though. Why should they suffer?

If I was him I'd get them at least as far away from Scotland as possible. His standing must be good enough to get a good job in the Championship or abroad.

Sodje_18
19-05-2011, 01:25 PM

I've disliked everybody in your horrible club except Walter Smith :wink:

blueisthecolour
19-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Yep ill certainly enlighten you, Ive hated Sally Mcoist for over 25 years..Tell you what, Take a look on youtube when Souness made his debut at Easter in 1986 when Hibs won 2-1..When Souness that dirty hun bassa gets sent off for nearly snapping George Mclusky's leg there is a 23 man melle in the middle of the park ( Every single player bar Alan Rough ) And watch that little rat Mcoist throw a punch aimed at a hibs player then like the little rodent weasil faced twat that he is run away behind his hun team mates.

If that good enough reason for you, im fine with that.

blueisthecolour
19-05-2011, 01:31 PM
So please enlighten us, you as an honourable member of the Ibrox legion have never heard Neil Lennon described rather colourfully as a 'fenian bassa' by anyone you have encountered of similar hue to yourself?

Ive heard most celtic players being called that, but they ain't all Irish Catholics, a bit like Rino Gattuso being called an orange B, once you sign for Rangers/Celtic no matter where your from or religion it seems you become an orange/fenian B.

hibsbollah
19-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Theres two main myths the 'we're no' bigots, honestly' Rangers fans like to peddle; first, that other catholic celtc managers (usually martin oneil is mentioned) werent sent bullets in the post, hence the special hate Lennon engenders cant be because of sectarianism.

The second one is that other non-rangers SPL supporters hate Lennon too, hence its not a uniquely rangers or sectarian problem. This is what BITC is trying to show with his transparent post.

Both positions totally miss the point. Lennon's persona embodies militant stroppy irish republicanism more than calm, specky o'neill ever could. Even so, sectarianism is clearly worse now than it was when oneill was here, its quite likely oneill too might be targeted because of his background if he was still celtc manager.

Lots of non-rangers fans also dislike Lennon because hes a bad loser and because he plays the pantomime villain so well. These fans DON'T, however, send the man bullets or bombs in the post or sing songs about how he must hang. You only take things to that level if you have some other murky agenda.

blueisthecolour
19-05-2011, 01:32 PM
I've disliked everybody in your horrible club except Walter Smith :wink:

Why not Walter Smith then?

JimBHibees
19-05-2011, 01:38 PM

In that same game McCoist also clearly seen spitting on more than one Hibs player, Fulton being one. Truly disgusting.

Sodje_18
19-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Seems like a decent enough guy, one of the few managers who can accept defeat when they were outplayed. Whenever hibs have beaten you he appreciates a good performance. Have nothing but respect for the guy :duck:. Although I won't be suprised if I'm the only hibee that thinks this :greengrin

Greentinted
19-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Ive heard most celtic players being called that, but they ain't all Irish Catholics, a bit like Rino Gattuso being called an orange B, once you sign for Rangers/Celtic no matter where your from or religion it seems you become an orange/fenian B.

So thats ok then? :confused:

And you have pretty much said all that needs saying. Proving the Old Firm have no place in 21stC society.

Orange/Fenian? Deary me, have a word...

Jack
19-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Neil Lennon's major crime as a manager has been behaving as if he is a fan. That seems to really annoy us for some reason.

TBH if we acted like that on the terraces and in some way had access to the media as a ‘personality’ and done what he has done and said what he has said;

1. at a minimum we would be chucked oot of ER, we would possibly be arrested etc. etc., we would possibly be banned from ER

2. I think a day in court answering charges of slander and / or incitement. Jonathan Woss lost his job, for what IMO, had been something much less serious.

MacBean
19-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Seems like a decent enough guy, one of the few managers who can accept defeat when they were outplayed. Whenever hibs have beaten you he appreciates a good performance. Have nothing but respect for the guy :duck:. Although I won't be suprised if I'm the only hibee that thinks this :greengrin

Have to agree with you, i have a lot of time for Walter. He is gracious and accepts when things go against him. He behaves like a professional unlike Neil Lennon.

Lennon acts like an idiot, attracts absolutely unneccessary attention and acts as tho he, and his club deserve special treatment and a looked after more than the rest of us.

I for one cannot stand Neil Lennon, but I would not say hate him. I certainly wouldnt run 30 yards to throw a flapping fist at him

Betty Boop
19-05-2011, 01:56 PM

Walter Smith is no angel either. Was he not arrested for fighting with Alex Totten in the dug-out at McDiarmid Park a few years ago, and he also went for Mixu during a game IIRC ?

The Harp
19-05-2011, 02:30 PM

... that's three more words than I usually use when conversing with your kind. :wink:

HibbyAndy
19-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Walter Smith is no angel either. Was he not arrested for fighting with Alex Totten in the dug-out at McDiarmid Park a few years ago, and he also went for Mixu during a game IIRC ?

Ibrox in the cup replay a few years back, Novo with a total leg breaker on HKT, Quite rightly sent off. What Smith had to complain about im not quite sure.

iwasthere1972
19-05-2011, 02:34 PM

The big difference is that Neil Lennon played for Celtic and Martin O'Neil didn't. :agree:

Hibs Class
19-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Do you hate Neil Lennon and if so WHY?

BITC - you haven't answered this one. If you do hate him it might help to give your reasons, e.g. have you rationally thought it through and arrived at a position or are you just a hun sheep who hates him because it is part of the job description.

greenlex
19-05-2011, 02:57 PM
A player I didn't like that has turned into a manager I dont like.
He went about the field of play kicking players and generally acting Billy big baws. His touchline behaviour and demeanour is what you would expect iof a fan not a manager.

His religious background or where he is from plays no part in my loathing of him. His Ginger hair does him no favours either.

bighairyfaeleith
19-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I hate him, he's a prick, a wee ginger fanny that needs to start taking responsibility for his own actions, stop bullying refs, stop trying to wind up opposition fans, show some humility and then maybe I will be prepared to think that he is anything less than something I trod on at lunch.

He still shouldn't be bombed though:greengrin

easty
19-05-2011, 03:13 PM
He went about the field of play kicking players and generally acting Billy big baws. His touchline behaviour and demeanour is what you would expect iof a fan not a manager.

His religious background or where he is from plays no part in my loathing of him. His Ginger hair does him no favours either.

That's why I liked him as a player. :tin hat:

hibsbollah
19-05-2011, 03:43 PM
That's why I liked him as a player. :tin hat:

Agree. If we had a Lennon-type in that late Mowbray/early Collins midfield we might have actually achieved something big (league cup excepted). Most teams need a BBB.

heretoday
19-05-2011, 03:56 PM

Correct. I've found it hard to bear recently with all the press cuddling Walter Smith.

He's got the typical "butter wouldn't melt" Hun attitude. Glad to see the back of him, although I'm sure the weegia won't let him go quietly.

magnificent_seven
19-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Agree. If we had a Lennon-type in that late Mowbray/early Collins midfield we might have actually achieved something big (league cup excepted). Most teams need a BBB.

We did have a BBB at that time, he now captains Celtic.

hibsbollah
19-05-2011, 05:01 PM
We did have a BBB at that time, he now captains Celtic.

Id argue he only developed the BBB attitude and became a midfield nforcer with them after he left us. With us he had his hands full driving forward and attacking, although he was very good at it.

Bishop Hibee
19-05-2011, 06:07 PM

I hate the bigoted institution that is Rangers Football Club, I don't hate Neil Lennon.

SloopJB
19-05-2011, 06:12 PM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/neil-lennon-attacked-by-geese-201105133813/

skipster7
19-05-2011, 06:47 PM

:agree:
agree butbe careful,i got called a racist and asked if i had a problem with keith wrights hair as well the last time i mentioned his barnet.:faf:

Keith_M
19-05-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm sure there are a lot of people that dislike Lennon for reasons other than his obnoxious personality.

I'm just as sure that BITC is only on here to try to prove that Rangers fans don't hate Lennon because they're bigots, but for acceptable reasons. He probably believes in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy as well.

mim
19-05-2011, 08:43 PM
I used to dislike Lennon as a player, because of the role he played - the snarling ball winner, who kept the passing simple.

Then came the 2-2 game at ER (after Hibs had led 2-0) and Beuzelin treated Lennon with total contempt - outmuscling him and sitting him on his arse twice.

I just felt a bit sorry for him after that.

It's not nice to see anyone being bullied like that. :wink:

Jonnyboy
19-05-2011, 08:58 PM

Don't be fooled by Uncle Walter :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG27qGTMXa4

Ryan91
19-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Don't like him but most certainly don't hate him. He does silly and immature things which makes it very easy to not like him because of the way he acts.

Bostonhibby
19-05-2011, 09:15 PM

I dont much care for the rather too good to be true TV friendly cheeky chappie that is Ally McCoist but I feel about the same amount of ill will towards him as I do Lennon because he is part of a football "institution" I dont like, I don't see myself sending him a bomb, bullet or anything else.

Maybe thats what separates us football fans from the throwbacks hiding their bigotry and ignorance behind the colours and name of the teams who allow them to do it.

son of haggart
19-05-2011, 09:51 PM
I dislike the way Lennon conducts himself. As a result of that he has been the but of fans reaction for many years.

Doesn't excuse in any way the violence, but gives a perfect excuse to the bigots and those with an agenda to stir up sectarian antagonism to polarise our society thereby enlisting more people in their vile cohorts of hatred under the guise of 'defending our British values'.

Also agree that wattie has a whiff of the sanctimonious about him.

Holmesdale Hibs
19-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Didn't like him as a player - yes we could do with someone like that and if we did I would completely understand why others wouldn't like him.

'hate' is a strong word but I think when people say it they don't mean it literally. I don't like him as a manager because of all the conspiracy nonsense. The whole issue was unnecessary and embarrassing especially as 1) it wasn't a penalty and 2) they won the game anyway. The guy is a tit. What he's going through is a disgrace and I do feel sorry for him but it still doesn't change the fact that he is a tit. Before all the bad stuff happened we all agreed on that.

Judas Iscariot
19-05-2011, 10:06 PM
You again.

:top marks

Best post on here in months :agree:

hibeedonald
19-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Lennon = referee strike.

Ed De Gramo
19-05-2011, 10:53 PM

Away and take your bigoted questions back to some ****my Rangers forum....

iwasthere1972
19-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Lennon = referee strike.

Lennon = Only 6 points on Scrabble. Totally rank.

iwasthere1972
19-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Don't be fooled by Uncle Walter :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG27qGTMXa4

This one too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtMl_X4n7FA&feature=related

basehibby
20-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Lennon was a gobby annoying and often quite dirty ******* as a player and he certainly got some stick for that at ER - but certainly no more than Ferguson of the huns or Hartley of the Yams for example.

To my knowledge there was never any sectarian element to that stick at ER - as someone else posted he was pretty much just another panto villain to many Hibbies.

As a manager his gobby annoying persona has been carried forth onto the touchline in spades. Still though, Strachan before him could be a snippy wee sod and this prompted no death threats from anyone. And like Strachan, Lennon is reputed to be a top gadge in person.

So - there can be no doubt IMO that there IS an element of bigoted trash amongst Scotland's football supporters who target Lennon in particular because of his religion and nationality, but it is a total nonsense to suggest that every boo and jeer he has received is motivated by vile prejudices.

Personally I never hated Lennon, annoying bassa or not, and have developed a great deal of respect for the guy in recent times for the courage and determination he's shown in the face of all this pish.

lapsedhibee
20-05-2011, 01:19 AM
So - there can be no doubt IMO that there IS an element of bigoted trash amongst Scotland's football supporters who target Lennon in particular because of his religion and nationality, but it is a total nonsense to suggest that every boo and jeer he has received is motivated by vile prejudices.

Shirley you mean Rongers supporters rather than Scottish supporters? :confused:

Sodje_18
20-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Shirley you mean Rongers supporters rather than Scottish supporters? :confused:
And Jambos? :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
20-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Hearts? They will just follow whatever you do..

shower of mini-hun bumboys :agree:

lets not forget he has ginger hair, and that upsets the more pathetic ones for some bizarre reason :agree:

blueisthecolour
20-05-2011, 09:41 AM
BITC - you haven't answered this one. If you do hate him it might help to give your reasons, e.g. have you rationally thought it through and arrived at a position or are you just a hun sheep who hates him because it is part of the job description.

I hate him as the rival manager to my club who imo was to blame for most of the problems with the spl, ref strikes, his accusations that teams don't try against Rangers, yet no mention of these things when celtic scored 4 against motherwell, 3 against hearts,4 against dundee utd,4 against Kilmarnock,3 against hibs,3 dundee utd,3 aberdeen,4 hearts,3 hibs,9 aberdeen, ect ect, how come when rangers wins by a few goals teams don't try but when celtic do it, its because they are great?

Ive never liked him from when he was a player and was caught mouthing orange B in a game against rangers or when he stopped to spit on a rangers scarf.

marinello59
20-05-2011, 09:49 AM
I hate him as the rival manager to my club who imo was to blame for most of the problems with the spl, ref strikes, his accusations that teams don't try against Rangers, yet no mention of these things when celtic scored 4 against motherwell, 3 against hearts,4 against dundee utd,4 against Kilmarnock,3 against hibs,3 dundee utd,3 aberdeen,4 hearts,3 hibs,9 aberdeen, ect ect, how come when rangers wins by a few goals teams don't try but when celtic do it, its because they are great?

Ive never liked him from when he was a player and was caught mouthing orange B in a game against rangers or when he stopped to spit on a rangers scarf.

And when the shoes on the other foot you lot make the self same accusations. Pathetic whingers on both sides of the divide.
And you dislike him for an alleged comment? Was this proved by the same lip reading experts who tried to accuse him of racism. The racism that he was cleared of by your own player?
If a remark like that does upset you then you must hate a large proportion of your clubs support then. Care to condemn their bigotry while your at it?

Mon Dieu4
20-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Because as a person I find I can hate people for absolutely no reason at all, just dont like the look of them or they just annoy me, Lennon on the other hand has plenty for me to hate.

Oh and he once called me a removed at Easter Road, he may well be right but thats a good enough reason alone

blueisthecolour
20-05-2011, 10:18 AM
And when the shoes on the other foot you lot make the self same accusations. Pathetic whingers on both sides of the divide.
And you dislike him for an alleged comment? Was this proved by the same lip reading experts who tried to accuse him of racism. The racism that he was cleared of by your own player?
If a remark like that does upset you then you must hate a large proportion of your clubs support then. Care to condemn their bigotry while your at it?

When did walter smith say teams don't try against celtic, at the end of the day the league is won over a season the best team is the team who finish first, being manager of a club is different from guys down the pub saying things imo.

He also says some must look in the mirror but did he ever say who he was talking about? if not why not?

marinello59
20-05-2011, 10:38 AM
When did walter smith say teams don't try against celtic, at the end of the day the league is won over a season the best team is the team who finish first, being manager of a club is different from guys down the pub saying things imo.

He also says some must look in the mirror but did he ever say who he was talking about? if not why not?

I'll ask you again. If an alleged remark by Lennon upsets you so much do you find many of your fellow 'Gers fans repulsive given their love of a sectarian comment or two?

blueisthecolour
20-05-2011, 10:43 AM
I'll ask you again. If an alleged remark by Lennon upsets you so much do you find many of your fellow 'Gers fans repulsive given their love of a sectarian comment or two?

If you read my posts you will know im unhappy with some things some of our fans say:wink:

Greentinted
20-05-2011, 11:11 AM
If you read my posts you will know im unhappy with some things some of our fans say:wink:

Would you be so kind as to elucidate and provide specific examples?

blueisthecolour
20-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Would you be so kind as to elucidate and provide specific examples?

ok songs about child abuse, im disgusted by them, and I don't join in with them

Greentinted
20-05-2011, 11:15 AM
ok songs about child abuse, im disgusted by them, and I don't join in with them

But the sectarian retrofest stuff is ok yes?

blueisthecolour
20-05-2011, 11:22 AM
But the sectarian retrofest stuff is ok yes?

Nope never said that, you asked me I gave one example, if you have a look at some of my previous posts in other threads im sure you will find some of my dislikes:wink:

Greentinted
20-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Nope never said that, you asked me I gave one example, if you have a look at some of my previous posts in other threads im sure you will find some of my dislikes:wink:

OK fair enough, I was merely inviting you, as representative of the Rangers following, to publicly, here and now, denounce the sectarian pomp - with explicit examples - that your peers persist in peddling. Obviously thats a step too far.

No matter

Dinkydoo
20-05-2011, 11:26 AM
I do't hate Neil Lennon; it's just that his behaviour/personality is such that it makes him very, very difficult to like.

Buy into "the worlds against us" paranoia and you aint getting any sympathy from me - likewise for joining in secterian singing and then being thumped by UEFA, nae sympathy what so ever.

OFGTF

blueisthecolour
20-05-2011, 11:38 AM
OK fair enough, I was merely inviting you, as representative of the Rangers following, to publicly, here and now, denounce the sectarian pomp - with explicit examples - that your peers persist in peddling. Obviously thats a step too far.

No matter

I would be happy to go to games and for there to be no sectarian singing to be heard.:wink:

Dinkydoo
20-05-2011, 11:40 AM
I would be happy to go to games and for there to be no sectarian singing to be heard.:wink:

In other words, you're not really bothered.........:rolleyes:

blueisthecolour
20-05-2011, 11:50 AM
In other words, you're not really bothered.........:rolleyes:

Don't know how you come to that conclusion, ive said it would be best if it was to stop.

Gatecrasher
20-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I can't stand him because he's an obnoxious little sod who has spent most his career (as player and now manager) being extremely confrontational and aggressive towards other people and some of the comments that he has made this season about referees have been absolutely scandalous and the suggestion that somehow Scottish teams were not providing Rangers with much opposition in the title run-in was just absurd. It has absolutely nothing at all to do with the fact that he's a Roman Catholic from Northern Ireland.

It's a bit much to say that I hate Lennon but I certainly detest him intensely.

I know that there's a lot of people who do hate Lennon because of his background and that's not right and there is no excuse for the bombs and the physical assaults on him but a lot of people do dislike him because of the way he conducts himself.:top marks

allezsauzee
20-05-2011, 12:28 PM
The simple answer is that Lennon is a bawsack...next question.

Dinkydoo
20-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Don't know how you come to that conclusion, ive said it would be best if it was to stop.

But you didn't say "It would be better to go to games without secterian signing" did you?

You've said that you'd be happy to go to games and for there to be no secterian singing which is really one of these 'on the fence' statements, which doesn't answer the question at all and comes across like you aren't really bothered. :wink: