PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Hammills a dumbo

bingo70
19-05-2011, 08:28 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3588317/Hamills-a-Jambo.html

Looks like we've been knocked back for this boy then, who'd have thought FJK would have nipped in to get one of our targets, fancy that.

Wonder if it was CC that started the rumours we were interested in Darren Dodds and half the ross county team :hmmm:

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Good signing for them unfortunately. Diamond on the other hand is garbage.

StevieC
19-05-2011, 08:38 AM
It says that Zander Diamond is also a target, I really hope that they get him.

bingo70
19-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Good signing for them unfortunately. Diamond on the other hand is garbage.

Agree with both points, i'm also not particularly worried if they sign Grainger, especially if he's a replacement for Wallace.

Spike Mandela
19-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Hearts pay double our wages. They will always win on transfer targets. Get over it.

In essence we sign the players left that Hearts are not interested in.

ulises_trotter
19-05-2011, 08:55 AM
he needs to man up and shave off whats left of that barnet....

bingo70
19-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Hearts pay double our wages. They will always win on transfer targets. Get over it.

In essence we sign the players left that Hearts are not interested in.

:confused: Who's not over it? I'm not quite crying into my bacon rolls here, it's not Messi we've lost out on, it's an average/decent SPL player that's never likely to achieve anything more than spl football so i'm sure there's other players we can get that are better than him.

You do make a good point though, whenever hearts finances get talked about on here you get the usual 'yawn' smilies and reference to open top bus parades showing off our bank statements but it's because as you say they pay double what we do, even though they can't afford it, that i take an interest in there finances, not becaused i'm obsessed with them or that i'm bothered about how much we've got in the bank.

The SFA said they were going to clamp down on clubs overspending to ensure they don't end up with another Gretna type scenario, well i wish they would hurry up and put some controls in place.

easty
19-05-2011, 09:04 AM
The SFA said they were going to clamp down on clubs overspending to ensure they don't end up with another Gretna type scenario, well i wish they would hurry up and put some controls in place.

It must be true then, if they said it.:rolleyes:

Stevie Reid
19-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Disappointed, was impressed with him and he would have been a very welcome addition.

Stevie Reid
19-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Disappointed, was impressed with him and he would have been a very welcome addition.

That said, as well as Jefferies as played the market in the past, he more than most has brought his former players to his new clubs and they haven't always been a success.

Hammill does actually look and act like a Jambo anyway.

SneakersO'Toole
19-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Jefferies is doing what are hopefully lining up for this summer. Buying proven SPL players who can improve the squad while weakening your opposition.

Its win win and I've never understood why Hibs (with the buying power they have over other SPL clubs) haven't exploited it in the past.

Disappointing that they have bought Hamill it has to be said. I hope it fails miserably like the Barr transfer.

Peevemor
19-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Jefferies is doing what are hopefully lining up for this summer. Buying proven SPL players who can improve the squad while weakening your opposition.

Its win win and I've never understood why Hibs (with the buying power they have over other SPL clubs) haven't exploited it in the past.

Disappointing that they have bought Hamill it has to be said. I hope it fails miserably like the Barr transfer.

Because when the better players from other SPL clubs move, it's generally for higher wages than Hibs can afford.

SneakersO'Toole
19-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Because when the better players from other SPL clubs move, it's generally for higher wages than Hibs can afford.

Good SPL players have left the likes of Motherwell and Killie in the past for lower League 1 and League 2 sides. Hibs can be competitive in this market.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-05-2011, 10:46 AM
who cares? palsson and jimmy will tear him a new one anyway..

smurf
19-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Instead of the madness our club have followed through complete mismanagement, of quantity over quality, (37 players this season) perhaps it would be better, if the club genuinely embarked on a quality over quantity policy, that would enable us to be more than competitive in the SPL Bosman market...

Peevemor
19-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Instead of the madness our club have followed through complete mismanagement, of quantity over quality, (37 players this season) perhaps it would be better, if the club genuinely embarked on a quality over quantity policy, that would enable us to be more than competitive in the SPL Bosman market...

That seems to be CC's aim, and I suspect that this has been the board's recent policy, the problem being the poor players that have been accumulated by previous managers (notably JC and Yogi).

superfurryhibby
19-05-2011, 11:40 AM

I'm with you on this. I feel Hibs should look at signing players of a certain calibre and hopefully boost the team , as well as adding an asset that could be sold on at a profit at some later date. The signings of Stokes and Miller seemed to point the way, but we have seem precious little since.

aberhibsfc
19-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Jefferies is doing what are hopefully lining up for this summer. Buying proven SPL players who can improve the squad while weakening your opposition. Its win win and I've never understood why Hibs (with the buying power they have over other SPL clubs) haven't exploited it in the past.

:agree:

seanraff07
19-05-2011, 01:22 PM
What's his preffered positions.. LB and CM? We have Palsson, Scott, Miller and Booth. Not the two areas we need to improve on most I don't think, need to focus more on the other areas of defence IMO.

JimBHibees
19-05-2011, 01:53 PM
What's his preffered positions.. LB and CM? We have Palsson, Scott, Miller and Booth. Not the two areas we need to improve on most I don't think, need to focus more on the other areas of defence IMO.

Think he has been playing at right back for Killie but used to be a midfielder.

Mon the Hibs
19-05-2011, 02:50 PM
We can afford them it is just due to Petrie once again not putting his hand in his pocket.:grr:

JimBHibees
19-05-2011, 03:55 PM
We can afford them it is just due to Petrie once again not putting his hand in his pocket.:grr:

If we are competing with Hearts due to wages the bottom line is they will pay much more than us. See Barr, Webster etc

smurf
19-05-2011, 03:55 PM
That seems to be CC's aim, and I suspect that this has been the board's recent policy, the problem being the poor players that have been accumulated by previous managers (notably JC and Yogi).

Although they and others would say that they were prevented from signing the better quality because of our wage structure.

On the wage structure what is it?

I'm sure i've read Scott Lindsay say that how the Manager spends the budget is up to him. That their is no wage cap.

Others say that there is a wage cap.

Others say that the Manager has no involvement with the financials at all...

One thing for sure is that the Board ask whoever is Manager to identify targets.

And just about every Manager we've had in the past ten years (and we've had a few) is on record as stating that they've missed out on their first targets.

Why does our board fail consistently to secure our top targets as idebtified by our Manager?

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Let them have him. We owe them for helping us dodge a bullet with Barr.

Bostonhibby
19-05-2011, 09:35 PM
It must be true then, if they said it.:rolleyes:

:agree: Cos they were going to sort out the bigotry and act on the offically banned songs, so it can surely only be a question of time. Just wait until that not very good English based businessman Doncaster works out that the SFA has something to do with football then we really will be flying............

matty_f
20-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Although they and others would say that they were prevented from signing the better quality because of our wage structure.

I'm sure i've read Scott Lindsay say that how the Manager spends the budget is up to him. That their is no wage cap.

One thing for sure is that the Board ask whoever is Manager to identify targets.

And just about every Manager we've had in the past ten years (and we've had a few) is on record as stating that they've missed out on their first targets.

Why does our board fail consistently to secure our top targets as idebtified by our Manager?

Smurf, the one person you mentioned there that absolutely and categorically does know what the position with the wage budget is, is Scott Lindsay. Why would you believe the other people ahead of him?

IIRC, the board have made that statement at a minuted AGM, they can't lie to the shareholders, and more to the point - why would they with this information?

ancient hibee
20-05-2011, 06:59 PM
:agree: Cos they were going to sort out the bigotry and act on the offically banned songs, so it can surely only be a question of time. Just wait until that not very good English based businessman Doncaster works out that the SFA has something to do with football then we really will be flying............
Just wait till Doncaster finds out that some people think he has something to do with the SFA.

Kaiser1962
20-05-2011, 07:03 PM

I am sure they do try that Smurf. Do you think we deliberately buy players who are not up to the task?

Kaiser1962
20-05-2011, 07:07 PM

Who would that be I wonder?