PDA

View Full Version : Paixao "embarrassed" to have played in SPL

Hakim Sar
19-05-2011, 06:44 AM
Former Hamilton player Flavio Paixao last night claimed he is embarrassed to have played in the SPL - because the standard is so low. (according to Metro)

Well well well... I feel Paixao and his twin are two of the worst players the SPL have ever had. No redeeming qualities on the park and no class off the park. Clearly bitter about getting chucked from a poor Hamilton team.

Used to think these clowns were good guys - always talking up the league and happy to do light hearted interviews for Beeb or SSN and saying Scotland was beautiful etc.

You think he is right to slag of our game when he wasn't good enough to stay here?

GordonHFC
19-05-2011, 06:51 AM
The feeling is mutual boys.

steakbake
19-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Yep. The Paixao twins and their daft wee dance. Wonder where their remarkable talent will get them next?

.Sean.
19-05-2011, 07:07 AM
The Jedward of football, embarassed at playing in the poorest stadium for as poor a side as the league has had? AND they're mediocre at best.

Jog on boys.

Ritchie
19-05-2011, 07:11 AM
I read the full interview this morning and Like it or not, what he says is 100% true!

wazoo1875
19-05-2011, 07:23 AM
I read the full interview this morning and Like it or not, what he says is 100% true!
Whilst I agree to a certain extent Ritchie, the irony is that its players like them getting a game in our league that have driven the standard down.

givescotlandfreedom
19-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Ha ha sour grapesn anyone? I must've missed them setting the league on fire then.

Ritchie
19-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Whilst I agree to a certain extent Ritchie, the irony is that its players like them getting a game in our league that have driven the standard down.

True, the twins are conpletely garbage, but that's the standard of players we have to put up with because the SPL is gash.

The days of attracting good players to teams outwith the old firm are gone.

Big changes are needed asap but we all know that's not going to happen

green&left
19-05-2011, 08:13 AM

Exactly what I was thinking.

Mentioned that there is too much aggression and players are more interested in fighting each other. Also mentioned that a game of fitba usually consists of punting the baw about.

He was absulutely spot on IMO.

easty
19-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Exactly what I was thinking.

Mentioned that there is too much aggression and players are more interested in fighting each other. Also mentioned that a game of fitba usually consists of punting the baw about.

He was absulutely spot on IMO.

Aye me too.

The Paixao twins are terrible footballers who shouldnt have got a game in the SPL, but what he said was pretty accurate. Also, I don't have the actual article in front of me but I'm sure it was him saying that he'd watched the Rangers game on Portugese TV and the commentator was saying how bad the standard of football is.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-05-2011, 08:19 AM

The comments remind me of what Basile Boli said after he left Rangers.
Basically, it is a cr*p league, and I wasn't good enough to play in it. Doesn't exactly say a lot about the player's ability.
No doubt if the Accies stayed up, and they both got 3 year deals we would have the kilt pictures and the call us McJedward stories.

basehibby
19-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Former Hamilton player Flavio Paixao last night claimed he is embarrassed to have played in the SPL - because the standard is so low. (according to Metro)

Well well well... I feel Paixao and his twin are two of the worst players the SPL have ever had. No redeeming qualities on the park and no class off the park. Clearly bitter about getting chucked from a poor Hamilton team.

Used to think these clowns were good guys - always talking up the league and happy to do light hearted interviews for Beeb or SSN and saying Scotland was beautiful etc.

You think he is right to slag of our game when he wasn't good enough to stay here?

Aha! So, this would be the piss poor league that he and his brother ran amock up front for Hamilton in, scoring a grand total of 5 (five) goals between them this term :not worth so saving their club from relegation - no wait a minute...

easty
19-05-2011, 09:03 AM
The general concensus on this thread seems to be that because he's crap he's not got the right to call the standard of our league crap. But we're allowed to call him crap even though we're not good enough to play at his standard.

Regardless of his ability he's got every right to point out how bad the standard of the SPL is, the majority of games are terrible to watch. There are some games with flashes of excitment or controversy that are worth talking about but so few games, or moments even, of proper quality football.

Keith_M
19-05-2011, 10:28 AM
I've just heard that the SPL have announced that they're embarassed that Paixao ever played in their league.

Coming from a muppet like Neil Doncaster, that's quite an insult.

Albion Hibs
19-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Did these two clowns not get released from the team that was relegated?!

I think they need to be a bit more sensible about things, they have just hammered a football league that they were not good enough to play in - hardly an advert for a club to come looking for them and sign them up.

If I was them I would have been more intent with praising the league saying how good it was - perhaps makes them look a little better - in any event I am sure their agent will be pretty annoyed with these comments.

Beefster
19-05-2011, 12:56 PM
There are about 10 threads a week on here slagging off the 12 team SPL and the quality of football / competition in Scotland. However, when a foreign player does it, he gets slaughtered.

Mental.

marinello59
19-05-2011, 12:58 PM
The general concensus on this thread seems to be that because he's crap he's not got the right to call the standard of our league crap. But we're allowed to call him crap even though we're not good enough to play at his standard.

Regardless of his ability he's got every right to point out how bad the standard of the SPL is, the majority of games are terrible to watch. There are some games with flashes of excitment or controversy that are worth talking about but so few games, or moments even, of proper quality football.

:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-05-2011, 02:44 PM
There are about 10 threads a week on here slagging off the 12 team SPL and the quality of football / competition in Scotland. However, when a foreign player does it, he gets slaughtered.

Mental.

But if it is cynicism in general that you are condeming, then surely these boys need to take a hit as well? There is an old saying about what you don't do on your own doorstep. These guys have been told to look for a new doorstep and look what happens? The one that was good enough up until now is suddenly not so good. I think these comments are put into better perspective, when it is considered that Hamilton need to ditch the chaff, and a few weeks after they give a long term contract to a boy that has been out most of the season, they say cheery-bye to these two.

green&left
19-05-2011, 03:52 PM
But if it is cynicism in general that you are condeming, then surely these boys need to take a hit as well? There is an old saying about what you don't do on your own doorstep. These guys have been told to look for a new doorstep and look what happens? The one that was good enough up until now is suddenly not so good. I think these comments are put into better perspective, when it is considered that Hamilton need to ditch the chaff, and a few weeks after they give a long term contract to a boy that has been out most of the season, they say cheery-bye to these two.

He went onto say that he was watching the Kilmarnock - Rangers match in Portugual and the commentator mentioned how bad the standard is.

Dunno why anyone is disagreeing with him, the standard of Scottish Football from top to bottom is utter dross. Probably why two SPL clubs got pumped out of Europe by two clubs who had a far lesser budget (Maribor & Hibs, Utercht & Celtic). The players and management were simply far better tactically and technically.

It's probably a generation thing. I've been to Hibs games where Hibs have taken the lead, players happy to knock the ball round or someones made a pass back and fans have started booing. Clueless....

greenlex
19-05-2011, 05:21 PM
If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

HibbyKeith
19-05-2011, 07:16 PM
The Jedward of football, embarassed at playing in the poorest stadium for as poor a side as the league has had? AND they're mediocre at best.

Jog on boys.

:tee hee:

NAE NOOKIE
19-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Perhaps the SPL is p1sh.

Perhaps Mr Paixao does wish he had never come here.

No doubt Portugal could teach us a thing or two about football.

Sod all about good manners though.

Ed De Gramo
19-05-2011, 11:09 PM

Mental.

This :agree:

Captain Trips
19-05-2011, 11:14 PM
He may well be right but he is a part in it, the SPL is p1sh due to p1sh like him playing in it. I think he needs to look at what he contributed to the SPL.

DCI Gene Hunt
20-05-2011, 11:21 AM
He may well be right but he is a part in it, the SPL is p1sh due to p1sh like him playing in it. I think he needs to look at what he contributed to the SPL.

:agree::agree::agree:

Dinkydoo
20-05-2011, 11:29 AM
The standard of the SPL is poor but, considering the twins weren't even good enough to get a new contract with the club who were relegated from the league this season, I don't think they are in any position criticise.

easty
20-05-2011, 11:58 AM
The standard of the SPL is poor but, considering the twins weren't even good enough to get a new contract with the club who were relegated from the league this season, I don't think they are in any position criticise.

But we non-professional footballers can criticise all we want?

patlowe
20-05-2011, 12:11 PM
He is right to comment on the standard of play in Scotland as it is abysmal at the moment. However, IF he said he was "embarrassed" to play in the league then that is disrespectful to the club and fans which paid his wages.

Captain Trips
20-05-2011, 12:42 PM

Of course they or he can comment and criticise however I do not contribute directly to the standard of player in the SPL I just observe so I can take a different slant on what I and others think of the SPL.

Nobody is really arguing that the SPL is that great a league however this player had an opportunity to do something we cannot and raise the profile of the SPL, he didnt as was indeed a very unremakable talent in the SPL, I will IMO say that the SPL is poor due to a poor standard of player with the odd exceptions and Paixao falls IMO into the poor player group contributing to this league being poor, so for me he must be embarrased with his own ability or lack of.

I can safely say from my point of view the SPL is poor due to this calibar of player, and I find it a bit funny that a player whom achieved nothing but relegation can feel embarressed about the SPL which appears to have been a level perhaps above his ability.

Now if Larsson, Laudrup or even Sauzee had commented the same I would feel far more comfortable with that as these were players whom maybe could have got stick from other players about their ability and were they were plying it, I just cannot take the guys views on with any real conviction.

It is kinda like somebody moaning about the amount of people signing on in the UK while they go to sign on, I think to be relegated and then realesed by that club might be the real emabarrassment for him.

ForeverHibs93
20-05-2011, 01:02 PM

Exactly:agree:. And I have to say I agree with him, the standard of the SPL is dire.

easty
20-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Of course they or he can comment and criticise however I do not contribute directly to the standard of player in the SPL I just observe so I can take a different slant on what I and others think of the SPL.

Nobody is really arguing that the SPL is that great a league however this player had an opportunity to do something we cannot and raise the profile of the SPL, he didnt as was indeed a very unremakable talent in the SPL, I will IMO say that the SPL is poor due to a poor standard of player with the odd exceptions and Paixao falls IMO into the poor player group contributing to this league being poor, so for me he must be embarrased with his own ability or lack of.

I can safely say from my point of view the SPL is poor due to this calibar of player, and I find it a bit funny that a player whom achieved nothing but relegation can feel embarressed about the SPL which appears to have been a level perhaps above his ability.

Now if Larsson, Laudrup or even Sauzee had commented the same I would feel far more comfortable with that as these were players whom maybe could have got stick from other players about their ability and were they were plying it, I just cannot take the guys views on with any real conviction.

It is kinda like somebody moaning about the amount of people signing on in the UK while they go to sign on, I think to be relegated and then realesed by that club might be the real emabarrassment for him.

I agree completely that it's because of the standard of player, the Paixao's amongst others, in the SPL that it's so poor right now.

But I still don't think he shouldn't be allowed to slate the standard just because he's not Brain Laudrup. If anything we, the supporters, are the hypocrites, we slate the standard and then pay to go along and watch it, while Paixao was merely turning up to be paid, it was his job after all.

Dashing Bob S
20-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Utterly correct to deride a piss-poor league. It's there to be made fun of.

Completely deluded in not realising that rubbish performers like themselves 'gracing' this on-going embarrassment is an integral part of the problem.

DCI Gene Hunt
20-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Yes, fair point but WHY is the SPL in the state it is in?

The players and teams are what makes the SPL.

Poor players = Poor teams = Poor football = Poor SPL.

If Pieshow feels he is somehow above this then why didn't he do better during his time in the SPL?
Don't criticise unless you are in a position to do so. Silly boy. :slipper:

GreenPJ
20-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I wonder if they had been able to secure another contract with an SPL club if they would have come out and said it. Whilst a great deal of what he said is true it does come across as sour grapes from someone who was not good enough to be kept on from a relegated team.

DCI Gene Hunt
20-05-2011, 01:22 PM
I wonder if they had been able to secure another contract with an SPL club if they would have come out and said it. Whilst a great deal of what he said is true it does come across as sour grapes from someone who was not good enough to be kept on from a relegated team.

Of course they wouldn't have said that were they staying on in the SPL. It does just sound like sour grapes from Pieshow.

G

easty
20-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Of course they wouldn't have said that were they staying on in the SPL. It does just sound like sour grapes from Pieshow.

G

If you had signed for Hamilton at the start of the season then got emptied, for being terrible, would you feel like you couldn't come out and state the obvious, that the SPL is a piss poor league?

I'm not good enough to play in the SPL, but it is terrible to watch most of the time.

I'm not a good enough actor to star alongside Keanu Reeves, but he's a bloody *****e actor at the best of times.

I can't paint, but that Picasso stuff....shower of piss is what it is.

But I suppose that because I'm not an SPL standard footballer/oscar winning actor/arty twat I can't have these opinions, or at least I should keep them to myself.

Captain Trips
20-05-2011, 02:18 PM
I agree completely that it's because of the standard of player, the Paixao's amongst others, in the SPL that it's so poor right now.

But I still don't think he shouldn't be allowed to slate the standard just because he's not Brain Laudrup. If anything we, the supporters, are the hypocrites, we slate the standard and then pay to go along and watch it, while Paixao was merely turning up to be paid, it was his job after all.

I never said he shouldnt be allowed to comment I am saying his views carry less weight IMO due to the fact he played a part in his own embarressment by being one of the people whom contributed to the SPL being so poor. He has every right to comment as much as Laudrup as much as you as much as I, it is purely how you view that person and their opinion.

DCI Gene Hunt
20-05-2011, 03:10 PM
If you had signed for Hamilton at the start of the season then got emptied, for being terrible, would you feel like you couldn't come out and state the obvious, that the SPL is a piss poor league?

I'm not good enough to play in the SPL, but it is terrible to watch most of the time.

I'm not a good enough actor to star alongside Keanu Reeves, but he's a bloody *****e actor at the best of times.

I can't paint, but that Picasso stuff....shower of piss is what it is.

But I suppose that because I'm not an SPL standard footballer/oscar winning actor/arty twat I can't have these opinions, or at least I should keep them to myself.

No I wouldn't fling the toys out of the pram, I would try and be professional about it. As I'd hope most others would be...

You can have your opinions, but my point is that professional footballers who perform poorly with a poor team have no place to pass judgment on the rest of the league.

Again the league is only as good as the players who participate in it. And if the players are no good...

Gene

Sammy7nil
20-05-2011, 03:29 PM
I heard he has removed all reference to SPL from his C.V. and said he was in Peterhead Prison for a serious crime. He feels that will be less of a hinderance to his career :wink:

Dinkydoo
20-05-2011, 03:53 PM

To a certain degree, yes.

Football is a spectator sport and a proportion of our hard earned - through ST's, club merchandise, SKY Sports...etc - ends up in the coaching and playing staf's pocket. Therefore making the odd observation here and there and complaint about the quality of football we're paying for is perfectly acceptable IMO.

Going overboard with the criticism however, serves no constructive purpose - much like the scrutiny levels the match officials were having to put up with midway through the season; did it improve thier performance? No. It only served to cause ill-feeling in the game.

I do find it ironic though that a player who was deemed not good enough by the club that was relegated from the SPL this season, finds it "embarrassing" that he's played here because the standard is so poor.

I'm guessing the grapes taste rather sour :wink:

Woody1985
20-05-2011, 04:08 PM
I've not read the whole thread but my understanding of first reading his quotes was that the commentators were taking the piss and he was embarrased to play in our league, like it was a reflection on him as a player and how he is perceived.

Basically, they were saying that league is pish and you are obviously pish as well which caused embarrasment. Not that he thought he was so good that he should never have played there.