PDA

View Full Version : Pat Nevin

hibeeleicester
18-05-2011, 07:42 PM
I know it has been done to death on here, but Pat needs to be given a role at the club.

Listening him speak on the Europa League final and he speaks such a good game!

Get him on board!

Baader
18-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Probably not got the legs for the wing anymore. And we have Ivan now too.

Commanding centre half maybe? :greengrin

Seriously though, it'd be good to see him involved in some official capacity.

HibeeMG
18-05-2011, 07:53 PM
I know it has been done to death on here, but Pat needs to be given a role at the club.

Get him on board!

Totally agree. Been saying this for quite a long time now.

He was introduced on Fighting Talk last week with Sunshine On Leith. Good to hear him singing along too! :flag::flag:

essexhibee
18-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Agree totally.

Guy knows his stuff and should be made part of the greatest club in Edinburgh

Saorsa
18-05-2011, 07:59 PM

Get him on board!I'd give him a job at Hibs purely just tae piss off that Corrie Greens plum.

wazoo1875
18-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Probably not got the legs for the wing anymore.
This is funny given your username :-)
Was just thinking when he was on at halftime that he really does know his stuff. I'd be happy to have him on board in some capacity.

R'Albin
18-05-2011, 08:06 PM

Get him on board!

Totally agree:agree:

Sammy7nil
18-05-2011, 08:14 PM
HE IS DOING FAR TOO MUCH RADIO AND T.V. to be interested in anything Hibs can offer.

He could chat and offer advice to the Tache, does antone think the tache would be interested ?

Sir David Gray
18-05-2011, 08:18 PM
I know I won't have much support here but there's just something about Pat Nevin that I really can't take to.

I've nothing against him as such but he annoys me a bit for some reason.

I am also a bit sceptical about how someone can change their allegiances to a football club but maybe that's just me.

Mikey
18-05-2011, 08:22 PM
To do what and to be paid how much to do it?

hibees707070
18-05-2011, 08:45 PM

Get him on board!

He talks a good game? Great. I talk a good game does that mean I should get a job with Hibs? Pat Nevin is a tv/radio pundit shouldn't be allowed anywhere near our board/backroom staff!

ScottB
18-05-2011, 08:46 PM
While I throughly enjoy his views on the game, and the way it should be played, why should he be at the club drawing a wage that could be used for players?

Is this the much vaunted mythical 'football man' some folk want on the Board?

Wasn't he Chief Exec at Motherwell when they willingly spent themselves into administration?

Talking a good game and playing a good game are two different things. I'd rather keep him where he is, as he's probably the best thing about watching Scottish football on TV right now!

Malthibby
18-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Watched him playing for Clyde when I lived in Glasgow - loved him then, love him now.
GG

mrdependable
18-05-2011, 08:48 PM
i dont know if he would be interested in an official role but he should certainly be sounded out by the board as a consultant

Beefster
18-05-2011, 08:49 PM
To do what and to be paid how much to do it?

I've been talking sense since 1973. I'm the man Hibs should be employing - no that baldy, Nevin.

Sammy7nil
18-05-2011, 08:51 PM
I've been talking sense since 1973. I'm the man Hibs should be employing - no that baldy, Nevin.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin Nonsense :wink: LOL

marinello59
18-05-2011, 08:53 PM
i dont know if he would be interested in an official role but he should certainly be sounded out by the board as a consultant

Why on earth would they do that? :confused:

Andy74
18-05-2011, 09:30 PM

On how to go into administration?

truehibernian
18-05-2011, 09:34 PM
I know I won't have much support here but there's just something about Pat Nevin that I really can't take to.

I am also a bit sceptical about how someone can change their allegiances to a football club but maybe that's just me.

Trust me there is absolutely no doubting his love of Hibs. He is open and honest about his past allegiance to Celtic, however if you met and talked about Hibs now you would see the passion he has for the cabbage. It was actually the passion of the fans in the East and Hibs fans being knowledgable about the game (and his son) that finally turned him to the 'good side'.

I'm gutted because last year it looked very like he might be my neighbour......would have been good to share a blether over the fence and have a wee kickabout........would have loved to 'meg him :greengrin

tamig
18-05-2011, 09:41 PM

You slaver quite a bit imo. Or is it just me thinks this way?

hibsbollah
18-05-2011, 09:42 PM

I agree. Hes just a bit too smug.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2011, 09:44 PM
You slaver quite a bit imo. Or is it just me thinks this way?

It's my opinion, which I'm entitled to have, no? :confused:

You're equally as entitled to yours.

lyonhibs
18-05-2011, 09:49 PM
You what? What possible experience does he have to give the board advice on how to run a football club?

sesoim
18-05-2011, 10:19 PM
I like Nevin, but I can't really see a role for him. Mind you, I'd certainly trust his judgement over Petrie and co when it comes to appointing managers.

Maybe we might need his help around September?

J-C
18-05-2011, 11:02 PM
I've sat next to him a few times this season and he's expressed no desire to get back into football, he says he enjoys the pudit stuff and being a money man, was very disappointed with what happened at Motherwell that it's made him think again his position re football management etc.

SmokieJoe
18-05-2011, 11:10 PM
If he wants to be involved, let him, if not then thats his call.

I like him, he has a great football brain on him. lets hope he wants to be involed.

basehibby
19-05-2011, 09:28 AM
I'd give him a job at Hibs purely just tae piss off that Corrie Greens plum.

Seconded :aok:

Stevie Reid
19-05-2011, 09:37 AM
I've heard a few folk mention an interview/quotes from Nevin stating that Hibs will be unrecognisable next season, in apparently what was an implication that we would spend big this summer - anyone know where this came from and is there anything in print?

truehibernian
19-05-2011, 09:44 AM
I've heard a few folk mention an interview/quotes from Nevin stating that Hibs will be unrecognisable next season, in apparently what was an implication that we would spend big this summer - anyone know where this came from and is there anything in print?

I think scoring goals at the top end of the pitch and keeping them out at the other would almost fall into the 'Hibs unrecognisable' bracket Stevie after the season we have had.

Joking aside, I have heard from two Scottish based agents that Hibs are 'lining up' three or four 'top quality' signings........no names or hints have to say, and again, that could be classic agent speak. Time will tell as they say but I'm looking forward to what summer brings to the club.

Stevie Reid
19-05-2011, 10:00 AM
I think scoring goals at the top end of the pitch and keeping them out at the other would almost fall into the 'Hibs unrecognisable' bracket Stevie after the season we have had.

Joking aside, I have heard from two Scottish based agents that Hibs are 'lining up' three or four 'top quality' signings........no names or hints have to say, and again, that could be classic agent speak. Time will tell as they say but I'm looking forward to what summer brings to the club.

Ha, very true!

Nice one, let's see what develops then...

joe breezy
19-05-2011, 11:29 AM
He'd be a great ambassador for the club, fortunately he already is

MoscowHibs
19-05-2011, 11:46 AM

Get him on board!

Assistant managers job perhaps???:aok:

ancient hibee
19-05-2011, 03:12 PM
He's in the fortunate position of being able to comment on football matters(which he does in an entertaining and thoughtful way)without bearing any responsibility.The one time he had responsibility in football's real world he was a complete disaster.

J-C
19-05-2011, 04:15 PM
He's in the fortunate position of being able to comment on football matters(which he does in an entertaining and thoughtful way)without bearing any responsibility.The one time he had responsibility in football's real world he was a complete disaster.

If you're talking bout Motherwell, Pat told me the things behind the scenes that were out of his control( re money ) and unfortunately he took the brunt of the flack.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-05-2011, 04:48 PM
What a great idea and I'm all for it but there is no way this board want anyone to speak...anywhere...anytime....so....sssshhhhh

:wink:

thebakerboy
19-05-2011, 07:11 PM
I did post somewhere on here when Yogi was punted that I thought we should recruit a panel to advise the board on the next appointment and included Pat Nevin and Pat Stanton should included. Don't know if we would have ended up with CC or not.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-05-2011, 07:40 PM
is he not a hibs fan??

ancient hibee
20-05-2011, 09:43 AM
If you're talking bout Motherwell, Pat told me the things behind the scenes that were out of his control( re money ) and unfortunately he took the brunt of the flack.
He was chief executive and responsible for running the club.He had to sack 20 players and local businesses were left with big bad debts.If he didn't like what was going on he could have walked but he was happy to take the dosh as long as it lasted.It should be a case study of how not to run a football club.

Baldy Foghorn
20-05-2011, 10:10 AM
is he not a hibs fan??

He is indeed, he takes his son to the matches

3pm
20-05-2011, 06:51 PM
He is indeed, he takes his son to the matches

Sits 2 rows in front of me but not there every week.

hibsbollah
20-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Sits 2 rows in front of me but not there every week.

See? fair weather fans, who needs em.:na na:

Kaiser1962
20-05-2011, 07:13 PM
On how to go into administration?

:thumbsup:

Has everybody forgotten that this is the guy, nice guy though he may be, that bankrupted Motherwell?

Jeez....I've heard it all now. We could get Fred Goodwin in as well.........what's he doing these days?

Aubenas
20-05-2011, 07:41 PM

Pat started taking his lad to Parkhead when he was about 8 or 9. He found it so difficult to explain the bigotry on display that he decided he'd rather take him to Hibs who he'd always thought of as trying to play attractive football in an atmosphere free of all that nonsense. Sounds like a great reason to switch allegiance to me!

Sir David Gray
20-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Pat started taking his lad to Parkhead when he was about 8 or 9. He found it so difficult to explain the bigotry on display that he decided he'd rather take him to Hibs who he'd always thought of as trying to play attractive football in an atmosphere free of all that nonsense. Sounds like a great reason to switch allegiance to me!

I know the reasons he's given for it, I just don't understand them.

If Celtic's your team, they're your team and you're stuck with them. I don't get how someone can switch from one team to another that is in the same league as your original team.

The whole concept is alien to me.

The Falcon
21-05-2011, 07:11 AM

He was the boss apparently. If he didnt like it he could have walked. Lots of good honest people lost a lot of money there. But Motherwell kept going :rolleyes:

Brizo
21-05-2011, 07:24 AM
No disrespect to Pat Nevin who comes across as a decent guy but talking a good game and being actively involved in a club are two very different things.

Fitbas littered with guys who talk a good game. If thats the criteria maybe we should find roles for Duff Jimmy and Yogi :devil:i.

J-C
21-05-2011, 02:03 PM
People higher up than Pat were milking money out of the club without his knowledge, he told me that this has made him think twice about getting back into footballing matters. It's all very well saying he was chief excecutive but there's still chairmen etc above doing, well the dirty, anyhoo, he enjoys punditory and talking his son to games when not doing tv or radio, whatever happened at Motherwell, he's still a nice bloke with good footballing knowledge.

blackpoolhibs
21-05-2011, 02:09 PM

If Celtic's your team, they're your team and you're stuck with them. I don't get how someone can switch from one team to another that is in the same league as your original team.

If you go to a pub regularly with your kids and it kicks off every week, do you keep going back? Or do you take your kids to somewhere safer without the trouble?

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2011, 03:06 PM
If you go to a pub regularly with your kids and it kicks off every week, do you keep going back? Or do you take your kids to somewhere safer without the trouble?

In a nutshell. Nevin obsiously place his child's welfare first. Well done to him for that.............

Sir David Gray
21-05-2011, 03:16 PM

Obviously you don't go somewhere that could put your child in danger, I understand that completely.

I just don't understand how you can go and support another team, especially one in the same league.

If Hibs start attracting a violent support, I wouldn't go to Easter Road until it was sorted out but I wouldn't go and support Motherwell just because Fir Park was a safer place to go and watch football.

Calvin
21-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Obviously you don't go somewhere that could put your child in danger, I understand that completely.

I just don't understand how you can go and support another team, especially one in the same league.

If Hibs start attracting a violent support, I wouldn't go to Easter Road until it was sorted out but I wouldn't go and support Motherwell just because Fir Park was a safer place to go and watch football.
I'd prefer to go and watch a game of football rather than not watch a game of football. So if I went to Pitoddrie instead of Easter Road every week to get my football fix, I'm sure that I'd gradually build up a soft spot for Aberdeen and if they played good football and I got on well with the fans, I'd have no doubt that I'd become an Aberdeen supporter.

Thankfully there is no issue with going to Easter Road though!

Frazerbob
21-05-2011, 03:24 PM

I agree however every case is different. I have a young step son. His dad is a big Aberdeen fan so I'd never dream of forcing Hibs on the lad. The football bond between a father and son is sacred IMO. So, I will no doubt take my step son along to the occasional Dons game but doesn't make me an Aberdeen fan.

Hibs have obviously grown on Nevin but I still wouldn't say he is a die hard fan.

Were their not similar stories about Archie McPherson's sons being Hibs fans after he took them to ER rather than the Infirm?

blackpoolhibs
21-05-2011, 03:25 PM

So you understand, but dont understand. I dont understand?

Greentinted
21-05-2011, 03:36 PM

Maybe you don't want your children to be subjected to the kind of filth propagated by the OF and Hearts on a regular basis.

Kaiser1962
21-05-2011, 03:46 PM
People higher up than Pat were milking money out of the club without his knowledge, he told me that this has made him think twice about getting back into footballing matters. It's all very well saying he was chief excecutive but there's still chairmen etc above doing, well the dirty, anyhoo, he enjoys punditory and talking his son to games when not doing tv or radio, whatever happened at Motherwell, he's still a nice bloke with good footballing knowledge.

Nothing against Nevin but was it not the chairman's money they were spending? I am sure Boyle took a personal hit of millions.

silverhibee
21-05-2011, 04:06 PM
I agree however every case is different. I have a young step son. His dad is a big Aberdeen fan so I'd never dream of forcing Hibs on the lad. The football bond between a father and son is sacred IMO. So, I will no doubt take my step son along to the occasional Dons game but doesn't make me an Aberdeen fan.

Hibs have obviously grown on Nevin but I still wouldn't say he is a die hard fan.

Were their not similar stories about Archie McPherson's sons being Hibs fans after he took them to ER rather than the Infirm?

Archie M has been in the West Lower a few times this season. :thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
21-05-2011, 04:14 PM
So you understand, but dont understand. I dont understand?

Falkirk cannot comprehend anyone 'Celtic minded' swapping to the Hibs, because he has Hun tendency and wants us all to turn into them and thinks that this Forum will help spread his poison.......

I'd be quite happy if even one tenth of the buggers that were at Hampden today came over to our side and they can bring their 'little' ginger-haired tosser of a manager with them too
:flag:

CropleyWasGod
21-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Falkirk cannot comprehend anyone 'Celtic minded' swapping to the Hibs, because he has Hun tendency and wants us all to turn into them and thinks that this Forum will help spread his poison.......

I'd be quite happy if even one tenth of the buggers that were at Hampden today came over to our side and they can bring their 'little' ginger-haired tosser of a manager with them too

I don't think McCall's a tosser at all. :greengrin

Iggy Pope
21-05-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't think McCall's a tosser at all. :greengrin

:top marks
Although I'd want more than a tenth of those oldfirmwannabe workshy layabouts!!!!!!

FranckSuzy
21-05-2011, 04:24 PM

What a bizarre post :confused: You seem to have an agenda against FH of your own.....

Iggy Pope
21-05-2011, 04:28 PM
What a bizarre post :confused: You seem to have an agenda against FH of your own.....

Which part is bizarre?

blackpoolhibs
21-05-2011, 04:31 PM

:faf: :not worth

Sir David Gray
21-05-2011, 04:39 PM

Water off a duck's back. :agree:

Berwickhibby
21-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Pat and his laddie, Simon, are both good Hibbys. They are both members of Berwick and District Hibs Supporters Club and members of the Hibs Club in Sunnyside.

Pat holds no coaching badges but has offered in many occaisons to coach the youth teams at East Mains free of charge.

He is a right good lad who always supports our supporters functions and a the Dnipro fund raising. Not to mention his wife has been a dye in the wool Hibby since birth which has rubbed of on his kids.

Iggy Pope
21-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Pat and his laddie, Simon, are both good Hibbys. They are both members of Berwick and District Hibs Supporters Club and members of the Hibs Club in Sunnyside.

Pat holds no coaching badges but has offered in many occaisons to coach the youth teams at East Mains free of charge.

He is a right good lad who always supports our supporters functions and a the Dnipro fund raising. Not to mention his wife has been a dye in the wool Hibby since birth which has rubbed of on his kids.

That sounds pretty comprehensive (and comprehendible) to me. Doesn't mean I think he should get a job at Hibs, but he's entitled to watch them!

Iggy Pope
21-05-2011, 05:05 PM

Which part is bizarre?

I had hoped for something back there. Seriously - bizarre?

HNA6
21-05-2011, 05:12 PM

I had hoped for something back there. Seriously - bizarre?You do seem to follow & comment on a hell of a lot of FH's posts, mostly in a negative way .. Suzy isnt the only one to notice that btw ..

Iggy Pope
21-05-2011, 05:27 PM
You do seem to follow & comment on a hell of a lot of FH's posts, mostly in a negative way .. Suzy isnt the only one to notice that btw ..

No and you've noticed before too although you (at least I think it was you) never really explained your reaction on that occasion.
I disagree with most of FH views. Moreso than I do the views of anyone on here. Not everything and I certainly don't respond to all of his posts as most of them are claptrap or blindingly obvious. I'm not sure that anything I say is inflammatory (or, as previously levelled, bullying) and will unreservedly apologise if they offend him (or her). Surely I am entitled to air an alternative opinion?

I agree with a great deal of the things that Blackpool Hibby posts although I have seen him getting pummelled from repeat offenders.

Tell me what you are getting at - and I thiink Frank Suzy could have answered for his/herself......

HNA6
21-05-2011, 05:42 PM
No and you've noticed before too although you (at least I think it was you) never really explained your reaction on that occasion.
I disagree with most of FH views. Moreso than I do the views of anyone on here. Not everything and I certainly don't respond to all of his posts as most of them are claptrap or blindingly obvious. I'm not sure that anything I say is inflammatory (or, as previously levelled, bullying) and will unreservedly apologise if they offend him (or her). Surely I am entitled to air an alternative opinion?

I agree with a great deal of the things that Blackpool Hibby posts although I have seen him getting pummelled from repeat offenders.

Tell me what you are getting at - and I thiink Frank Suzy could have answered for his/herself......Part in bold ..it wasnt me ..so another Admin has noticed too ..you respond to most of FH's posts, in fact more his/her posts than anyone elses ..correct though, perhaps not inflammatory but more a fixation ..particularly when others have similar views which you tend to ignore ..

R'Albin
21-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Just out of interest how has fh got a "hun tendency"?

FranckSuzy
21-05-2011, 06:11 PM

Tell me what you are getting at - and I thiink Frank Suzy could have answered for his/herself......[/QUOTE]

Correct, yes, I can. The first part in bold above, that in itself is inflammatory, only IMHO of course. I think the term is flaming and as far as I am aware, it's against the forum rules.

[QUOTE=R_albin;2809228]Just out of interest how has fh got a "hun tendency"?

This.

Just put him on ignore then if his views rile you so much....

Iggy Pope
21-05-2011, 06:26 PM

Tell me what you are getting at - and I thiink Frank Suzy could have answered for his/herself......

Part in bold ..it wasnt me ..so another Admin has noticed too ..you respond to most of FH's posts, in fact more his/her posts than anyone elses ..correct though, perhaps not inflammatory but more a fixation ..particularly when others have similar views which you tend to ignore ..

Well apologies for that if nothing else. Got my HNA's muddled obviously.

As for being fixated, I think we all have a fixation of some sort on here, but mine certainly is not FH. I just happen to disagree with his opinions on (certain) subjects and the manner in which he presents them. It started at the end of last season really when he was so disappointed that Hibs had somehow still got into Europe despite his categorical insistence that midweek that it would not happen.

I have posted on this board for some 11 - 12 years. Back when Stewart Crowther was the Admin and he and his colleagues lost my first couple of hundred posts on a restructure of .net. I had to re-subscribe. FH never used the board to my knowledge then and he certainly wasn't the reason I got involved. I have agreed and disagreed in the past with the likes of Slov Sam, Hibbyradge, Canon Hannan, Londonhibby, James Riordan and a few others you don't see around here anymore.

I subscribed to learn anything about the Hibs I may not know. Transfer gossip. The club old and new. Trips abroad. Pre-season friendlies. I've swapped info on getting to Athens, Vetra, Dinaburg, Arnhem, Essen, Cork, Dnipro, Elfsborg, Maribor. This season I have given away a match ticket and a programme on these boards to other members not known personally to me. I became a Private Member only this year to assist with a fundraiser for the Dnipro Kids appeal, again giving away a private possession and for a good cause.

Not to share notes on FH.

I don't 'ignore' posts. I only post when I'm interested. And got dragged into Man U, Palestine, Carlos Tevez, Neil Lennon, Rule Brittania and The Ould Brigade..

Other times I'm probably doing something else, something I'm properly fixated with........

Iggy Pope
21-05-2011, 06:31 PM

Correct, yes, I can. The first part in bold above, that in itself is inflammatory, only IMHO of course. I think the term is flaming and as far as I am aware, it's against the forum rules.

This.

I think that is debatable, which, of course is one of the reasons the forum exists - debate. FH hasn't put me on ignore, but you on the other hand have every opportunity to. Much worse than a simple 'claptrap' goes by without notice on here. Certainly not inflammatory. And I know the rules.

Iggy Pope
21-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Just out of interest how has fh got a "hun tendency"?

If I pointed out the reasons why (IMO), it might verge on a fixation - I believe you may be able to review archive posts and threads yourself.

Cropley10
21-05-2011, 06:47 PM

So basically Nevin can GTF cos he used to be a Celtc fan? So no-one can come and support Hibs if they used to support another team?

Pretty depressing point of view. PN - as the boys parent - is IMHO perfectly entitled to take his kid anywhere he wants. Personally I'm glad he's chosen to follow Hibs.

CropleyWasGod
21-05-2011, 06:49 PM
So basically Nevin can GTF cos he used to be a Celtc fan? So no-one can come and support Hibs if they used to support another team?

Pretty depressing point of view. PN - as the boys parent - is IMHO perfectly entitled to take his kid anywhere he wants. Personally I'm glad he's chosen to follow Hibs.

I supported Celtc as a boy.

My oldest had a brief dalliance with "them" as a boy.

I suppose I should just pack up now... :agree:

Sir David Gray
21-05-2011, 06:57 PM

No need to apologise.

The day I get offended by a post that I read on here, written by someone that I don't know from Adam is the day I'll pack it all in.

I'll let the admins do their jobs and decide for themselves if you've written something offensive or whatever. I certainly won't be reporting anything. I've never reported another post in my life and I don't intend to start now.

I seem to rub you up the wrong way, you've made that quite obvious on more than one occasion and that's fine, I don't suppose we can like everyone that we meet/talk to.

I think it's your debating style that is getting the attention, rather than the fact you're simply disagreeing with me on various subjects. You do tend to come across as fairly confrontational towards me and that's maybe what people are noticing rather than the actual disagreements that you have with me.

Sir David Gray
21-05-2011, 07:01 PM

I've explained my position quite a few times now so I don't think there's much else I can say on that matter without repeating myself.

Of course he doesn't need to "GTF", it's a free country and if he wants to come into Easter Road then he's quite entitled to do so.

I just don't understand how you can change football teams. I don't get it at all and never will.

Like I said earlier on, if I stopped going to watch Hibs for whatever reason, that would be it for me. I wouldn't go to see anyone else.

Iggy Pope
21-05-2011, 07:11 PM
No need to apologise.

The day I get offended by a post that I read on here, written by someone that I don't know from Adam is the day I'll pack it all in.

I'll let the admins do their jobs and decide for themselves if you've written something offensive or whatever. I certainly won't be reporting anything. I've never reported another post in my life and I don't intend to start now.

I seem to rub you up the wrong way, you've made that quite obvious on more than one occasion and that's fine, I don't suppose we can like everyone that we meet/talk to.

I think it's your debating style that is getting the attention, rather than the fact you're simply disagreeing with me on various subjects. You do tend to come across as fairly confrontational towards me and that's maybe what people are noticing rather than the actual disagreements that you have with me.

Well, I haven't apologised and I'm glad you don't seem to think there's one needed.

MSK
21-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Well apologies for that if nothing else. Got my HNA's muddled obviously.

As for being fixated, I think we all have a fixation of some sort on here, but mine certainly is not FH. I just happen to disagree with his opinions on (certain) subjects and the manner in which he presents them. It started at the end of last season really when he was so disappointed that Hibs had somehow still got into Europe despite his categorical insistence that midweek that it would not happen.

I have posted on this board for some 11 - 12 years. Back when Stewart Crowther was the Admin and he and his colleagues lost my first couple of hundred posts on a restructure of .net. I had to re-subscribe. FH never used the board to my knowledge then and he certainly wasn't the reason I got involved. I have agreed and disagreed in the past with the likes of Slov Sam, Hibbyradge, Canon Hannan, Londonhibby, James Riordan and a few others you don't see around here anymore.

I subscribed to learn anything about the Hibs I may not know. Transfer gossip. The club old and new. Trips abroad. Pre-season friendlies. I've swapped info on getting to Athens, Vetra, Dinaburg, Arnhem, Essen, Cork, Dnipro, Elfsborg, Maribor. This season I have given away a match ticket and a programme on these boards to other members not known personally to me. I became a Private Member only this year to assist with a fundraiser for the Dnipro Kids appeal, again giving away a private possession and for a good cause.

Not to share notes on FH.

I don't 'ignore' posts. I only post when I'm interested. And got dragged into Man U, Palestine, Carlos Tevez, Neil Lennon, Rule Brittania and The Ould Brigade..

Other times I'm probably doing something else, something I'm properly fixated with........HH I dont doubt for one minute your passion nor your loyalty towards hibs nor hibs.net ..I was an Admin when Hannant ran the site ..I know how this place works & rocks..believe me ...I also respect your financial input to the site, very much appreciated ..

I was around when the names you mention were around & a few you mentioned are still posting ..surprised you never dissed any of my 20 odd thousand posts ..:rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
21-05-2011, 07:25 PM
HH I dont doubt for one minute your passion nor your loyalty towards hibs nor hibs.net ..I was an Admin when Hannant ran the site ..I know how this place works & rocks..believe me ...I also respect your financial input to the site, very much appreciated ..

I was around when the names you mention were around & a few you mentioned are still posting ..surprised you never dissed any of my 20 odd thousand posts ..:rolleyes:

Maybe you never said anything that I read in such a manner that I had to respond.
Why the rolling eyes?

HNA6
21-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Maybe you never said anything that I read in such a manner that I had to respond.
Why the rolling eyes?Rolling eyes because I have posted thousands of pishy posts but you have never questioned nor been fixated on any of them ..considering we have been here around the same time ..

No smiley inserted ..

Iggy Pope
21-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Rolling eyes because I have posted thousands of pishy posts but you have never questioned nor been fixated on any of them ..considering we have been here around the same time ..

No smiley inserted ..

Never realised you posted under two names either. Missed a lot haven't I? If you think I'm fixated that's yer choice. Really I'm just a wee bit bored with this. Keep up with your pishy posts and I'll keep ignoring them.

R'Albin
21-05-2011, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE
This.

wait is this aimed at me or Hh?

FranckSuzy
21-05-2011, 08:02 PM
wait is this aimed at me or Hh?

Sorry, not aimed at you. Should have been clearer :aok:

R'Albin
21-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Sorry, not aimed at you. Should have been cle
arer :aok:

That's ok just wasn't sure :aok:

HNA6
21-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Never realised you posted under two names either. Missed a lot haven't I? If you think I'm fixated that's yer choice. Really I'm just a wee bit bored with this. Keep up with your pishy posts and I'll keep ignoring them.Considering the length of time you have been here ..aye ..

As for ignoring my pishy posts ..crack on ..I would shudder at the thought of being fixated upon !!

Iggy Pope
21-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Considering the length of time you have been here ..aye ..

As for ignoring my pishy posts ..crack on ..I would shudder at the thought of being fixated upon !!

You've nothing to fear.

HNA6
21-05-2011, 09:32 PM
You've nothing to fear.Good ..I will sleep safe tonight ..

Kaiser1962
21-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Good ..I will sleep safe tonight ..

Are you sure now............

Whats that noise?????

HNA6
21-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Are you sure now............

Whats that noise?????Och ..its only you ..had me scared for a milisecond ..

IberianHibernian
21-05-2011, 11:18 PM
This thread started talking about why Pat Nevin ( Hibernian fan who has considerable experience as a player , club administrator and in press ) might be a useful person to have working for us at a time when we`ve hit a very low level on and off the pitch and are crying out ( or should be ) for new ideas . A couple of people deflect thread away from main theme - that Nevin might help our club progress . Don`t know any of you personally but we all presumably want to see Hibernian FC do well ( and that to me at least doesn`t mean 10,000 at Holy Ground and top 6 ) so why try to block any suggestions ? To Pat if you happen to read this , if club ever invite you to discuss possible role you could have , please listen to our ideas before deciding . If any director is reading this , let`s hope that at least they`ve noted down Pat`s name as a possible addition to our club if they haven`t done so before . Back in 1998 we briefly employed Billy MacNeill as General Manager or similar . For whatever reason , it didn`t work out but at the time I thought it was a good idea and would like our club to be as adventerous again and also to show that they are prepared to accept criticism from within club .

Kaiser1962
21-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Och ..its only you ..had me scared for a milisecond ..

:wink:

Bad Martini
22-05-2011, 01:16 AM
So, did ye's conclude wee Pat should get a joab or no?

Fur me, he's a good Hibby. He enjoyed winding up wankhoun a good bit and was good fun on Stottsport and such like.

But, what joab would he dae at Easter Road? If every fan got a joab, we'd have a board of thousands, running the club by proxy/fax machine.

That ****, doesny work. :greengrin

Nevin's alright tho. And, he pays to get in to watch the sheite we've all paid to see this season. For that, he deserves (the same as the rest of us) respect.

But, thats it.

ENDOF:agree:

Cropley10
22-05-2011, 03:36 PM
I've explained my position quite a few times now so I don't think there's much else I can say on that matter without repeating myself.

Of course he doesn't need to "GTF", it's a free country and if he wants to come into Easter Road then he's quite entitled to do so.

I just don't understand how you can change football teams. I don't get it at all and never will.

Like I said earlier on, if I stopped going to watch Hibs for whatever reason, that would be it for me. I wouldn't go to see anyone else.

Whether you will still think this when you're Pat's age of course remains to be seen.

My point is no one ever swapped teams we should just pack it in, it happens, but I think you can only do it one way, in that to give up a bigger team for a smaller one, probably means you can think straight. I'd completely agree that doing it the other way is inexcusable - 'glory hunting'.

J-C
22-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Read a few of the posts re Pat and his new allegience to Hibs, he brought his son ( who is autistic ) to ER a few years ago and his son fell in love with Hibs and their support, seeing this Pat bought a couple of season tickets and came with him. Due to tv and radio he can't always come, so his wife brings their son from the Borders, his lad is a very fervent and loud in his support. I know this because my son sits right beside them and I've used his ticket a few times this season.

So his son has been the main reason for Pat becoming a Hibs supporter, I wouldn't say he was like the rest of the support but over time he's got a soft spot for us, his time as a Celtic supporter put him off them for life, didn't like the bigotry.