PDA

View Full Version : Yams Bigotry, Bombs & Football

Frazerbob
18-05-2011, 02:02 PM
10.35pm tonight on BBC1. Including undercover filming of Celtc, Rangers and HEARTS fans. Over the road they worried that this will once and for all show them up for what they really are.

This should be interesting!

LancashireHibby
18-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Anyone know if it will be available on IPlayer later in the week?

pacorosssco
18-05-2011, 02:30 PM

a hope so . listed at the mo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_one/20110518

Danderhall Hibs
18-05-2011, 03:07 PM

Have you got Sky? If you do it'll be on channel 980-odds in England.

persevere1875
18-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Have you got Sky? If you do it'll be on channel 980-odds in England.

Channel 971 if your based in England :wink:

Vini1875
18-05-2011, 05:30 PM
I don't expect to hear anything new, but I am tired of hearing how it will never change. I think Hibs should be shown as an example of a set of fans who did change. Maybe our "minority" wasn't as large as the "minority" at other clubs.

Springbank
18-05-2011, 05:36 PM
This expose' of these three sick institutions is long overdue.

Good could come from this. Weed it out.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2011, 05:41 PM
10.35pm tonight on BBC1. Including undercover filming of Celtc, Rangers and HEARTS fans. Over the road they worried that this will once and for all show them up for what they really are.

This should be interesting!

It's on at 10.45pm

Hibernia Na Eir
18-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Great that Hearts are finally getting shown up for all they are - a club with a large bigotted support :agree:

Franck Stanton
18-05-2011, 05:49 PM
My mate is a tv cameraman and told me about this a few weeks ago and also stated the prog makers went to what they cosidered to be the top 6 clubs in Scotland, [ and before any wisecracks, yes Hibs were included,] - concentrating mainlyin the central Scotland area in particular. He also stated that the worst offenders were , the usual suspects, O/F aand the Hertz. There were minor findings at other clubs but ststes whenever the chants/shouts were began they were quickly silenced by other fans and soon petered out. Should be a good watch.

Dashing Bob S
18-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Great that Hearts are finally getting shown up for all they are - a club with a large bigotted support :agree:

The only thing large about the bigots at Hearts is their stomachs, not their numbers.

Bloated lowlifes, each and every one of them.

And I include my own Yamily and friends afflicted with this horrible curse in their numbers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Maybe our "minority" wasn't as large as the "minority" at other clubs.

Our minority still exists, all be it in dwindling no's, even if its unusual to hear tunes from them anymore.

moredun
18-05-2011, 06:21 PM
The only thing large about the bigots at Hearts is their stomachs, not their numbers.

Bloated lowlifes, each and every one of them.

And I include my own Yamily and friends afflicted with this horrible curse in their numbers.

Just like their big brothers, when the yams are at ER, the the minority just happens to be the whole stand singing their bigot songs

tynesideirish
18-05-2011, 08:17 PM
This should be good, it could be good. However, on BBC it'll probably be the same old crap you see on youtube.

Personally I think let them sing their crap songs. Vent their spleens of the bile for 90+ mins and then back home to batter the wife & weens. I think it's getting a lot more dangerous out there since the songs (kinda nearly) stopped. Carrying all that hatred about with the usual outlet blocked. Nowhere to express it but on the street.

Hibby D
18-05-2011, 08:26 PM
This should be good, it could be good. However, on BBC it'll probably be the same old crap you see on youtube.

Personally I think let them sing their crap songs. Vent their spleens of the bile for 90+ mins and then back home to batter the wife & weens. I think it's getting a lot more dangerous out there since the songs (kinda nearly) stopped. Carrying all that hatred about with the usual outlet blocked. Nowhere to express it but on the street.

Even when it's offensive and, in most cases, illegal? :no way:

When good men do nothing....and all that

marinello59
18-05-2011, 08:50 PM

I go to the football to be entertained, not to listen to somebody spouting bile. It's no more acceptable in a football ground than any other social setting.

essexhibee
18-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Really looking forward to this programme. Should be enjoyable watching the dirty ****bag rangers-lite getting shown up. Does anyone think it will have footage from the Celtic match?

nic81
18-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Was expecting more from that, not showing us or telling us anything we dont already know!!!

lucky
18-05-2011, 10:15 PM

Personally I think let them sing their crap songs
. Vent their spleens of the bile for 90+ mins and then back home to batter the wife & weens. I think it's getting a lot more dangerous out there since the songs (kinda nearly) stopped. Carrying all that hatred about with the usual outlet blocked. Nowhere to express it but on the street.
Program was crap typical BBC rubbish

Wotherspiniesta
18-05-2011, 10:16 PM
What a load of pish that was.

Nice to see the Hearts fans being shown up for the **** they are though.

Greentinted
18-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Was expecting more from that, not showing us or telling us anything we dont already know!!!

Confirmed that bigots don't do irony...(or joined up thinking)

essexhibee
18-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Load of crap that.

What's more is that only one clip was shown from the hearts fans when clearly they are a lot worse .

Sir David Gray
18-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Can't believe our licence fee goes towards funding mince like that.

Total waste of time.

Hamish
19-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Can't believe our licence fee goes towards funding mince like that.

Total waste of time.

:top marks

givescotlandfreedom
19-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Neil Doncaster's a total waste of space. He e's obviously missed the point that if you started giving the Old Filth and Hearts real punishments they singing and chanting would soon end! Just an Old Firm apologist though.

Franck is God
19-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I saw a bit of this last night and as everyone has pointed out it showed nothing we weren't all aware of.

My opinion has always been that the clubs involved could stop it all overnight if they really wanted to. All the grounds have camera's focused on the fans at all times during the game and seat numbers, rows and sections are easily ideintified. Pick them out and revoke their season tickets, simple as that.

However what that will mean is losing the majority of their income which of course neither of them will do. Both old firm clubs have built their support and financial might on bigotry and neither are in a position to turn their backs on it. I almost laughed out loud when I saw how few 'fans' had been banned over the last six years.

Our own SPL chiefs will do nothing as their main income comes from the OF's participation too so in a way they are relying on bigotry too.

Greentinted
19-05-2011, 11:40 AM
I saw a bit of this last night and as everyone has pointed out it showed nothing we weren't all aware of.

My opinion has always been that the clubs involved could stop it all overnight if they really wanted to. All the grounds have camera's focused on the fans at all times during the game and seat numbers, rows and sections are easily ideintified. Pick them out and revoke their season tickets, simple as that.

However what that will mean is losing the majority of their income which of course neither of them will do. Both old firm clubs have built their support and financial might on bigotry and neither are in a position to turn their backs on it. I almost laughed out loud when I saw how few 'fans' had been banned over the last six years.

Our own SPL chiefs will do nothing as their main income comes from the OF's participation too so in a way they are relying on bigotry too.

Nail hit firmly on head! :agree:

Biggie
19-05-2011, 11:44 AM

:top marks what he said...focus the cameras on the stand, pick out the singers, get their seat numbers and get the police to pay them a visit at 6am the next day......sorted.
Had to laugh when they asked celtc and Rangers how many fans had been done for sectarian singing in the stadium....celtc 6 !!!!.....they are not trying a leg. Neither are the police, as commented they stood looking in the other direction when the singing was going on.
The whole thing is a sham..no-one REALLY interested in stopping this behaviour.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Poor poor programme, nothing new....

Only showed up Neil Doncaster for being totally inept and missing the whole point......

Elephant Stone
19-05-2011, 01:05 PM
That was probably the most feeble programme i've ever seen.

DCI Gene Hunt
19-05-2011, 02:00 PM
I have to agree with the general consensus here. I watched the program but wished I'd went to bed early instead. Nothing new, very tame, was expecting a big discussion/theories about why we have this problem, what the true causes are, what we can do about it, instead it was a piss-thin glossing over of the stuff we already know about. Bigots chanting about murdering Catholics and prats singing about the IRA whilst someone tries to say that it's not part of the sectarian issue... whilst a policeman nearby does nothing about the singing. Clubs and politicians saying that they are tackling it but without actually doing anything but... talking about doing something. A spineless/lazy/uninterested SFA simply uninterested and unwilling to tackle the issue. The usual talking heads rolled out farting the same old keech from their facial orifices.

Nothing new whatsoever, totally pointless.

Gene

Golden Bear
19-05-2011, 03:09 PM
I have to agree with the general consensus here. I watched the program but wished I'd went to bed early instead. Nothing new, very tame, was expecting a big discussion/theories about why we have this problem, what the true causes are, what we can do about it, instead it was a piss-thin glossing over of the stuff we already know about. Bigots chanting about murdering Catholics and prats singing about the IRA whilst someone tries to say that it's not part of the sectarian issue... whilst a policeman nearby does nothing about the singing. Clubs and politicians saying that they are tackling it but without actually doing anything but... talking about doing something. A spineless/lazy/uninterested SFA simply uninterested and unwilling to tackle the issue. The usual talking heads rolled out farting the same old keech from their facial orifices.

Nothing new whatsoever, totally pointless.

Gene

:agree:

I think we were all expecting something a bit more interesting and revolutionary.

All we got was regurgitated coverage of a series of events which we were all too familiar with in any case.

ancient hibee
19-05-2011, 03:16 PM
It was a cheap time filler with nothing to offer.The only interesting interview was with the Rangers security head who explained what a great job they were doing in getting rid of the bigots.

Nobody tackled the real issue which is that these people are a great money spinner for the OF.

iwasthere1972
19-05-2011, 03:31 PM
That was probably the most feeble programme i've ever seen.

:agree: Nothing new and why they spent good money going undercover to film sectarian chants when there's loads of it on Youtube beats me.

The fact that Celtic have only banned six fans in 6 years for sectarian chants says it all.

steakbake
19-05-2011, 03:36 PM
:agree: Nothing new and why they spent good money going undercover to film sectarian chants when there's loads of it on Youtube beats me.

The fact that Celtic have only banned six fans in 6 years for sectarian chants says it all.

Exactly. They made out that they were doing serious investigative journalism but you or I or anyone could have told them - just go on youtube, or log in to a forum or even just look at the radio or tv footage that the BBC must already have from live matches and they wouldn't have to look too hard to find sectarian abuse.

There's plenty of occasions I've been listening to a match on the radio and you can hear the "up to our knees" and other sorts of rubbish as clear as you like.

Doesn't take Reevel Alderson and co with classic police drama wires sneaking into a match to find that out.

southern hibby
19-05-2011, 04:02 PM
I really don't think this would be to hard to police by either clubs or the Police.

All we have to do is have a yellow and red card system. If they are caught doing it especially on cctv within a home support and they are season holders you would have there seat number and then you would have a name and address. The club/Police could send them a warning that they have been seen to be doing this and give them a chance of appeal by letter/phone call etc. ( Well there could be a very reasonable excuss that they are sectarian Neanderthal) Can't think of one myself but no doubt they will be out there.
If they are then caught doing it again they could be sent with a banning order from the club/courts. Result.

However do we have the infastructure that is strong enough within the SFA /Police to bring this into power i say probably not. Maybe we should start by writing to our club and asking for a full enquiry why we go to away grounds and at ours we are subjected to this type of behavouir. After all as respectable fans at the games WE ARE THE VICTIMS.

Phil D. Rolls
19-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Load of crap that.

What's more is that only one clip was shown from the hearts fans when clearly they are a lot worse .

Clearly, on what grounds?

Vini1875
19-05-2011, 04:45 PM
One comment I did find interesting was Jack McConnell who said the Scottish Govt. had done less and less maybe because of pressure from people with vested interests in keeping sectarianism alive in Scotland. Apart from the OF who is else is applying pressure.

What should have been exposed is how sectarianism makes money and who benefits? That is the reason few want to tackle it. The OF only did something began to do something when they feared UEFA would make them pay for it.

It is so simple to stop in grounds. A points deduction would be enough incentive for all the decent OF fans to shout down those who won't move on.