PDA

View Full Version : Steven fletcher and scotland

The Gorf
18-05-2011, 06:53 AM
In the Scotsman this morning:

Steven Fletcher can return to Scotland fold if he asks, says Craig Levein

Published Date: 18 May 2011
By Alan Pattullo

CRAIG Levein yesterday extended an olive branch to Steven Fletcher following the Wolves striker's recent period of exile from the Scotland squad.

If HE asks!! Harry should be asking Fletcher not the other way around.

Any thoughts?

Future17
18-05-2011, 07:13 AM
My understanding is that Fletcher asked not to be considered for selection for previous games and Levein is saying that, if Fletcher contacts him and advises he is now available, he will consider him.

Seems fair enough to me and I'd love to see Fletcher back with Scotland, however I think the bottom line is that Levein feels he has no use for a Fletcher-type player with the tactics he currently deploys.

Kaiser1962
18-05-2011, 07:14 AM
My understanding is that Fletcher asked not to be considered for selection for previous games and Levein is saying that, if Fletcher contacts him and advises he is now available, he will consider him.

Seems fair enough to me and I'd love to see Fletcher back with Scotland, however I think the bottom line is that Levein feels he has no use for a Fletcher-type player with the tactics he currently deploys.

Fletcher? Templeton? You decide...........

Anyway, Levein dosent need strikers. They dont fit into his formation.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Fletcher? Templeton? You decide...........

Anyway, Levein dosent need strikers. They dont fit into his formation.

Fletch should remind him, that he once played in midfield.:rolleyes:

H18sry
18-05-2011, 08:15 AM

Fletch asked to be left out of 1 Carling cup game against NI because Wolves had important games against Manure and Arsenal either side of it and he wanted to concentrate on club football to help them in there relegation fight.

TrinityHibs
18-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Dont know how to link it but the Tom English article in The Scotsman is better. Basically says its down to Levein who comes across a right erse. He also compares strikers and shows Fletch has a better strike rate than Rooney, Drogba, Torres, Anelka and Defoe. Better for Fletch to concentrate on his club until Levein gets found out.

Andy74
18-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Dont know how to link it but the Tom English article in The Scotsman is better. Basically says its down to Levein who comes across a right erse. He also compares strikers and shows Fletch has a better strike rate than Rooney, Drogba, Torres, Anelka and Defoe. Better for Fletch to concentrate on his club until Levein gets found out.

That's how Fletcher talked about it aftwerwards but I don't beleive that was actually what his text suggested.

I think he has been a bit daft with this one and if he wants to play again he should talk to Levein. (Much as I think he's a tool these days)

essexhibee
18-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Noticed an article in the sun where potter claimed he NEVER holds a grudge.

Derek Riordan? Hibs? Aye right potter ya helmet.

johnrebus
18-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Potter needs Fletcher more than Fletcher needs him.

Bide yer time Fletch.

The bitter Yam jakey will come a calling.

:agree:

JimBHibees
18-05-2011, 10:25 AM
What kind of manager comes out with this nonsense? He can come back if he phones me up. Jeezo Potter you were basically willing to polish Barry Ferguson's shoes with your tongue, physically carry him all the way from Birmingham and let him sleep with your wife to get him to play :greengrin

Be a man and phone the boy up and get him back involved.

marinello59
18-05-2011, 10:27 AM
What kind of manager comes out with this nonsense? He can come back if he phones me up. Jeezo Potter you were basically willing to polish Barry Ferguson's shoes with your tongue, physically carry him all the way from Birmingham and let him sleep with your wife to get him to play :greengrin

A very childish one.

brog
18-05-2011, 10:37 AM

:top marks I notice Levein is also now coming up with excuses why players who are not getting regular club football, Forrest, McCormick & Wilson for starters, are in his squad. This totally contradicts his prior statements. He's the new Paw Broon, political & in control of our third rate media but no use at selecting & managing a team. Let him make the call Fletch, you enjoy the summer.

SmokieJoe
19-05-2011, 02:25 AM
Fletch, you do what you want to , you are at the ripe old age of 24, and by many millions of pounds(not weight). the most expensive striker scotland has produced. (imagine Fletch,Deeks and Goc at ER at the same time.) moving on, tell hermiony, no its harry to get feked. i agree with you about the schite in czec rep, and the not getting a game as long as you were overlooked. potter might have been a good/great defende4r in his day, but what is he now? other than another in another manager, in a long line of mediocre managers (yes he is a rangers manager) but Wattie from the unclean mob is by far the best scotland manager we have had for ate least 20 years.

bite me.