PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood 3/1 for the Swindon job....

3pm
17-05-2011, 04:49 PM
....Behind Didi Hamman and Di Canio!

Ed De Gramo
17-05-2011, 04:49 PM

Smart money is on Didi Hamman

hibiedude
17-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Didi Hamman :agree:

3pm
17-05-2011, 05:05 PM

They've not put on the Customer Money Q again have they?! Who is updating the addresses now?!

Swindon Exile
17-05-2011, 05:06 PM
According to the local paper both Yogi, George Burley & Graeme Rix have also been interviewed for the job. I'm hoping Yogi gets it as he'll do a great job in League 2 especially now that O'Brien has been released.

Ed De Gramo
17-05-2011, 05:13 PM
They've not put on the Customer Money Q again have they?! Who is updating the addresses now?!

:greengrin

I try my best

Viva_Palmeiras
17-05-2011, 07:55 PM
So would that make Swindon a Didi team?

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Glenn Hoddle not in the running?

Alfred E Newman
17-05-2011, 09:25 PM
What price is Stuart Baxter?

basehibby
18-05-2011, 08:52 AM

Seems a ridiculous proposition to me.

I know the English League is a lot richer but when it comes down to it - Swindon is GARBAGE - both as a town and a football club when held up next to Edinburgh and Hibs.

Hibs may not be able to pay as much these days but it's a much higher profile job at Easter Road and I'd be surprised if Calderwood would give the move the time of day at the moment.

LancashireHibby
18-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Seems a ridiculous proposition to me.

I know the English League is a lot richer but when it comes down to it - Swindon is GARBAGE - both as a town and a football club when held up next to Edinburgh and Hibs.

Hibs may not be able to pay as much these days but it's a much higher profile job at Easter Road and I'd be surprised if Calderwood would give the move the time of day at the moment.

Rightly or wrongly, a job in the lower English divisions is more of a 'foot in the door' in terms of getting a bigger English job than a lower mid-table SPL team IMHO.

Neil4Hibs
18-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Swindon is GARBAGE -

Hey, calm down!! No, I know what you are saying - Swindon isn't all bad but it doesn't compare with Edinburgh.

However CC spent a few years at Swindon as a player and the fans loved him. He really enjoyed it there as well, so there may be an emotional pull.

But I agree, why would you leave a SPL club to go to League 2 even if the salary was higher. I can't see it myself.

Franck Stanton
18-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Hey, calm down!! No, I know what you are saying - Swindon isn't all bad but it doesn't compare with Edinburgh.

However CC spent a few years at Swindon as a player and the fans loved him. He really enjoyed it there as well, so there may be an emotional pull.

But I agree, why would you leave a SPL club to go to League 2 even if the salary was higher. I can't see it myself.

There may well be quite a few on this thread that hope and want CC to get the Swindon job, personally hope CC stays, given time think he will build a decent side.

Cropley10
18-05-2011, 10:52 AM
There may well be quite a few on this thread that hope and want CC to get the Swindon job, personally hope CC stays, given time think he will build a decent side.

:agree: Anything is achievable with enough time and money.

Can't see him leaving, especially after he described the player budget at Hibs as "perfect".

cheltenhamhibee
18-05-2011, 02:23 PM

the only good things about swindon are the roads oot and Cosmo :thumbsup::thumbsup:

BoltonHibee
18-05-2011, 02:26 PM

Don't really think the salary at Swindon would be as high as he is on at ER.

AndersonGGTTH
20-05-2011, 07:46 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13466915.stm

Beefster
20-05-2011, 08:25 AM

The smart money would appear to be in the bookie's pocket then.

Dunbar Hibee
20-05-2011, 01:07 PM
King Paulo :not worth

HibbyAndy
20-05-2011, 02:39 PM

:tee hee:

3pm
20-05-2011, 06:37 PM

Ha Ha!

Do you work in the accounts department at the Asbestos Arena?!