PDA

View Full Version : Houston Dyanmo want Deeks

Riordans Boots
17-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Couldn't see this anywhere else - and apologies if posted :greengrin

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-MLS-side-Houston-Dynamo.6769742.jp

Mikey
17-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Hot, hot, hot!

Baldy Foghorn
17-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Couldn't see this anywhere else - and apologies if posted :greengrin

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-MLS-side-Houston-Dynamo.6769742.jp

Would America be a good move for DR?

houston1875
17-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Would America be a good move for DR?

Yep,footy is not the highest standard but a great place to live,spent some time there like? Dunno how deeks would find it tho? You don't wanna do anything silly over there cuz the polis don't f...aboot!!

NYHibby
17-05-2011, 05:10 PM
We already discussed this last month. Not a new story

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?208451-MLS-club-bids-for-Riordan

iwasthere1972
17-05-2011, 05:12 PM
We already discussed this last month. Not a new story

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?208451-MLS-club-bids-for-Riordan

Well we're discussing it again if you don't mind. :greengrin

MyJo
17-05-2011, 05:17 PM
could be a very good move for him, mls isn't. a bad standard but a player of deeks quality would shine out there and his lack of pace wouldn't hinder him like it would in decent european leagues while he gets to rub shoulders with the likes of thierry henry and beckham while picking up a decent wage.

ancient hibee
17-05-2011, 05:23 PM
As usual the News are wrong.The article doesn't say they're still interested at all.It says they don't know if they're still interested.

NYHibby
17-05-2011, 05:29 PM
As usual the News are wrong.The article doesn't say they're still interested at all.It says they don't know if they're still interested.

Spot on. The headline is pretty misleading. I think this is the same story as last month except the Scotsman was finally able to get a quote from the team.

"It is unclear at this time whether we would have a renewed interest. We'd have to speak with his agent, which we haven't done, before making that determination."

Jones28
17-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Think he would jump at the chance to get out of the ever-deteriorating SPL and move to America. Fresh start an all that

GreenCastle
18-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Yep,footy is not the highest standard but a great place to live,spent some time there like? Dunno how deeks would find it tho? You don't wanna do anything silly over there cuz the polis don't f...aboot!!

I said it on the other thread - MLS is a better league and more going for it than SPL.

Would be a great move for him - but not sure if he will do it or if it would suit his way of life.

Iain G
18-05-2011, 01:37 AM
I said it on the other thread - MLS is a better league and more going for it than SPL.

Would be a great move for him - but not sure if he will do it or if it would suit his way of life.

I think that MLS or the A League would do him good and suit him well, though I can't see it as both are too far from his own front door.

Andy74
18-05-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm wondering why he needs a fresh start or a different environment? He hasn't exactly shown that he is too big or too good for this league and needs more of a challenge. And if he can't be fresh and motivated to play for the team he is supposed to have strong feelings for then that doesn't say a lot.

The fact there's no real response to him leaving this time speaks volumes.

LancashireHibby
18-05-2011, 08:40 AM
We have a problem.

essexhibee
18-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Id go if I was him.

silverhibee
18-05-2011, 11:43 AM

Whats his way of life, as far as i know he is a family man doing his best for them.

SneakersO'Toole
18-05-2011, 12:27 PM
He would be mad not to consider this opportunity assuming his family were willing to uproot. Far greater money, a league that would suit his style of play. There are a lot of benefits for him IMO.

Furthermore, Houstoun is a really nice city with extremely friendly people. Plus he would get a ridiculous sun tan. :wink:

GreenCastle
18-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Whats his way of life, as far as i know he is a family man doing his best for them.

Exactly - In the US teams travel constantly from East to West etc and are sometimes away for several days.

In Edinburgh he would have an away game on Saturday afternoon and be home Saturday night with the family.

Gus Fring
18-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Exactly - In the US teams travel constantly from East to West etc and are sometimes away for several days.

In Edinburgh he would have an away game on Saturday afternoon and be home Saturday night with the family.

But he would be travelling to stadiums he's bored of?