PDA

View Full Version : Ryder cup 2018 to be held in France

H18sry
17-05-2011, 11:31 AM
http://www.europeantour.com/rydercup/video/index.html

Surprised as I would have thought Germany were ahead of them in the pecking order :agree:

Sylar
17-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Ugh - Europe have so many better courses out there.

I'm constantly surprised that we don't elect to use the vast array of Links Courses we have available to us, as the European players are on them much more than the American counterparts and it must be an obvious advantage :confused:

southfieldhibby
17-05-2011, 03:26 PM
http://www.europeantour.com/rydercup/video/index.html

Surprised as I would have thought Germany were ahead of them in the pecking order :agree:

Audi were backing Ze Germans, and given The European Tour's sponsorship with BMW, it never really stood a chance

Ugh - Europe have so many better courses out there.

I'm constantly surprised that we don't elect to use the vast array of Links Courses we have available to us, as the European players are on them much more than the American counterparts and it must be an obvious advantage :confused:

If The R&A ran The Ryder Cup they probably would use links courses, but The European Tour don't.In saying that, Le National is a wee bit linksy and from what I've seen from watching the French Open the course itself looks terrific...the 18th in particular in made for Ryder Cup drama.

I'd guess it will be 2026 before The RC comes back to The UK and that's fair doo's...mainland Europe contribute alot to the tournament nowadays and deserve a run of hosting it.

H18sry
17-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Audi were backing Ze Germans, and given The European Tour's sponsorship with BMW, it never really stood a chance

If The R&A ran The Ryder Cup they probably would use links courses, but The European Tour don't.In saying that, Le National is a wee bit linksy and from what I've seen from watching the French Open the course itself looks terrific...the 18th in particular in made for Ryder Cup drama.

I'd guess it will be 2026 before The RC comes back to The UK and that's fair doo's...mainland Europe contribute alot to the tournament nowadays and deserve a run of hosting it.

2014 Gleneagles :wink:

southfieldhibby
17-05-2011, 06:31 PM
2014 Gleneagles :wink:

Obviously! I was meaning post-paree