PDA

View Full Version : Scotland squad for Carling cup ties

H18sry
17-05-2011, 11:11 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Documents/MessageAttachments/CarlingNationsSquad17May.pdf

Still no Fletcher, its about time him and harry potter patched up there differences for the good of the nation :agree:

3pm
17-05-2011, 11:30 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Documents/MessageAttachments/CarlingNationsSquad17May.pdf

Still no Fletcher, its about time him and harry potter patched up there differences for the good of the nation :agree:

I think the onus may be on Fletcher if the reports were right.

Allant1981
17-05-2011, 11:31 AM
How did gilks manage to get in the squad, turner as well. Gilks has been injured for months and turner is gash. Cammy bell must wonder why he isnt getting a call up.

vanNISHtelroy
17-05-2011, 11:51 AM
While I would have loved to see Cammy in the squad I didn't see it happening. His form seems to have dropped a bit recently.

Elephant Stone
17-05-2011, 11:55 AM

It's about time harry potter jumped off a bridge for the good of the nation. Miserable, grudge bearing prick.

johnrebus
17-05-2011, 11:57 AM
It's about time harry potter jumped off a bridge for the good of the nation. Miserable, grudge bearing prick.

:agree:

Seveno
17-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I think the onus may be on Fletcher if the reports were right.

The onus is aways on the senior party to make the move. That is what management is all about whether it is football or any other business.

yekimevol
17-05-2011, 12:12 PM

remind me if im wrong but did flech not send the sfa a text asking not to be called up anymore ?
i.e. leaving the national team ?

Craig_in_Prague
17-05-2011, 12:22 PM

:top marks

H18sry
17-05-2011, 12:38 PM
remind me if im wrong but did flech not send the sfa a text asking not to be called up anymore ?

Just for the NI game as Wolves had an important set of fixtures coming up:agree:

Moulin Yarns
17-05-2011, 12:44 PM

It was for one game, an unimportant Keltic cup match against Northern Ireland because Wolves had a few important matches in a short space of time. I'm glad to see the decision was vindicated as far as Wolves is concerned.

sixtwo
17-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Potter has decided not to pick Goodwillie for 'non footballing reasons'. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Potter wants a reputation as a disciplinarian. He should maybe remeber that he once brought the game into disripute and embarrassed himself and his club when he punched his team mate during a game!

Don't get me wrong, if Goodwillie is found guilty, he should get all the punnishmentthat is coming to him.

Levein is a horrible horrible prick. No doubt fletcher and goodwillie will be replaced by englishmen with no desire to play for scotland but would like the benefits of being an international player!

Wotherspiniesta
17-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Whatever the reasons are for Fletcher not being included it needs to be sorted out ASAP.

He's the most in form Scottish striker and not even Craig Levein can deny that.

Broken Gnome
17-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Whatever the reasons are for Fletcher not being included it needs to be sorted out ASAP.

His absence just looks ever more ridiculous and glaring :agree:

SteveHFC
17-05-2011, 01:40 PM
How the F*** did James Forrest get in the squad. Levein stop calling up English Born Players.

Wotherspiniesta
17-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Here's some quotes from the BBC wesbite from Levein.

"The situation with Steven is exactly the same as before - if Steven indicates to me that he wants to be involved in the Scotland national team then I'll consider him."
When asked if the door was not closed for the Wolves striker, Levein said: "He just needs to open it. I have absolutely no problem with Steven, as I've said in previous times, but really I'm here to talk about people who are selected"

BleedGreen
17-05-2011, 02:05 PM
I will remove my green specs for this one.

Fletcher snubbed Scotland. Fact. Via text!!!

He refused to play for his country. Many of us would crawl over hot coals for that privilidge.

It's up to Steven to realise he was bang out of order and acted unprofessionally. Nobody else. He is a big boy now. I hope for his sake and the countries, he see's sense.

He is just making himself appear rather foolish.

J-C
17-05-2011, 02:53 PM
And not even a sniff for Stephen Dobbie of Swansea, playing in a top ECL club and scoring for fun. :confused:

sixtwo
17-05-2011, 02:58 PM
And not even a sniff for Stephen Dobbie of Swansea, playing in a top ECL club and scoring for fun. :confused:

Dobbie is 100% scottish and has connections with Hibs.

He will not appeal to potter

Cod Boy
17-05-2011, 02:59 PM

Dobbie will be playing for swansea that weekend

Part/Time Supporter
17-05-2011, 03:01 PM
I will remove my green specs for this one.

Fletcher snubbed Scotland. Fact. Via text!!!

He refused to play for his country. Many of us would crawl over hot coals for that privilidge.

It's up to Steven to realise he was bang out of order and acted unprofessionally. Nobody else. He is a big boy now. I hope for his sake and the countries, he see's sense.

He is just making himself appear rather foolish.

He was picked via text. He then sent a reply saying he wanted to be excused from that game. Why is it so terrible to withdraw by text if you're being picked by text?

It's Potter who has taken the cream puff and decided to exclude him from all games.

mjhibby
17-05-2011, 03:19 PM

Im sure fletcher must be having a good laugh to himself now he has proved,as levein said he wasnt, a consistent performer at the highest level and he was praised to the hilt by the wolves chairman and fans over the last few weeks.Im afraid potter has shown his usual pettiness and of course the fact that fletcher played for hibs means there is no chance of him being picked.
Fletcher is playing even better than i thought him capable and if wolves stay up it will be in no small part due to fletchers goalscoring.Funny how fletcher is only playing as doyle is unfit.Funny old game and big mick has been very lucky in that sense although he did sign him for £7m so knew he could do the business.Fletcher should forget about scotland and go on to become a big player in the premier league and then enjoy watching levein make a hash of things.Only way i can see fletch in a scotland shirt is if potter gets the boot.heres hoping.Cant stand the guy and his bias on the radio and his ultra defensive approach to games.

cabbageandribs1875
17-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Potter has decided not to pick Goodwillie for 'non footballing reasons'. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Potter wants a reputation as a disciplinarian. He should maybe remeber that he once brought the game into disripute and embarrassed himself and his club when he punched his team mate during a game!

Don't get me wrong, if Goodwillie is found guilty, he should get all the punnishmentthat is coming to him.

Levein is a horrible horrible prick. No doubt fletcher and goodwillie will be replaced by englishmen with no desire to play for scotland but would like the benefits of being an international player!

and not forgetting he cheated on his wife with that all:sports PR burd whilst with hertz and leicester:agree: absolutely nothing to do with football but i thought i would just say :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
17-05-2011, 03:29 PM
4-6 made Scotland the laughing stock of world football and will be the reason Levein gets the heave sooner rather than later. A fall-out with one of our best strikers won't help.

Ed De Gramo
17-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Potter GTF

jdships
17-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Interesting that only six of the squad of twenty four are home based !
What does that tell us about the SPL ?
Or alternatively about Harry Potter :greengrin

No Goodwillie, Bell or Murphy aren't we are lucky we can afford to ignore inform players :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
17-05-2011, 04:59 PM

Boyd packed it in but that didn't stop Levein crawling back to him. And Boyd's not half the player Fletcher is.

BleedGreen
17-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Some of the bias here is cringeworth!

Potter is a knob! No doubt!

But I'm not about to let that fact and the fact Fletcher is an ex Hibs man sugar coat the situation.

Potter wanted Fletcher, in spite of criticising Potter in the press after Czech game.

Fletcher snubbed Scotland. Idiot! No player is bigger than the Country. Not only did he snub us, he done it via text and not direct to Potter either!!!!

He sent it to Frank Reilly the liason officer! Incredible. Then he continued to air his views through the media. Too scared to face Potter. Pathetic behaviour.

It saddens me as I love Fletch. Would love to see him back at ER one day. But it really is his own fault here and he needs to grow up, reduce his head size, and think about the mistake he made.

Love to see him being the bigger man here and playing for Scotland again. Potter has still left the door open, time will tell if Fletch see's sense.

Seveno
17-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Let's face it, Fletch is making a name for himself in the biggest league in the world. Does he need Scotland ? No.

Does Scotland need Fletch ? Yes.

If Potter wasn't so arrogant, he would do the necessary.

.Sean.
17-05-2011, 06:33 PM
With a rucksack full of concrete strapped to his back, just to make sure :agree:

thebakerboy
17-05-2011, 07:34 PM
I understand that Steven replied to the text he was sent to ask if he could miss the game due to Wolves commitments. As we all would he probably just pressed reply and sent the message back to who sent it. He should not have done that , it should have been up to his manager to contact the Scotland manager to arrange this. Now the 2 people involved here are a youngster just starting at a new club and wanting to make a name for himself and an experienced international player and manager. Who do you think should be one to put his hands up and say this is stupid lets get together and sort it out. Obviously Craig has no class and should not be in the job (he should have been sacked for his team selection of 4 6 anyway). IMHO not the man for the job.

thebakerboy
19-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Will McKail-Smith now not get picked for Scotland again when he pulls out of squad to play in a club game for Peterborough:devil::devil::devil: