PDA

View Full Version : Ritchie Towell in the ******

Prawn Sandwich
17-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Interesting......."Calderwood, who has deployed Towell mainly at fullback even though the player is naturally a midfielder, has said he'd like to bring the teenager back to the club next season."

I thought he did well on Saturday in midfield.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2011/05/17/richie-towell-i-don-t-know-what-future-holds-for-me-after-learning-so-much-at-hibs-86908-23136012/

easty
17-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Interesting......."Calderwood, who has deployed Towell mainly at fullback even though the player is naturally a midfielder, has said he'd like to bring the teenager back to the club next season."

I thought he did well on Saturday in midfield.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2011/05/17/richie-towell-i-don-t-know-what-future-holds-for-me-after-learning-so-much-at-hibs-86908-23136012/

He took his open goal well, that's for sure.

I'd take him back next season. I don't really see him as the solution at right back though, we need someone else there, centre mid though, utility player, he'd do. Better than Stevenson.

CRAZYHIBBY
17-05-2011, 09:41 AM
if he comes back to easter road as a celtic player next season he should be given a great reception, he has been a fantastic servant to our club.

Prawn Sandwich
17-05-2011, 09:46 AM
He took his open goal well, that's for sure.

I'd take him back next season. I don't really see him as the solution at right back though, we need someone else there, centre mid though, utility player, he'd do. Better than Stevenson.

And the mistake against Rangers and the own goal against St Johnstone, but a good season to get all of your blunders out the way. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Him and Vaz te on saturday were the only players who deserved pass marks. He has made a few mistakes, but if we were to sign him, i think he can improve as a player, and might just be a very good signing for us.

trev the hat
17-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Him and Vaz te on saturday were the only players who deserved pass marks. He has made a few mistakes, but if we were to sign him, i think he can improve as a player, and might just be a very good signing for us.

:agree: but should only return as a signed HFC player and not return on loan.

silverhibee
17-05-2011, 10:15 AM

Disagree with you about them two only getting pass marks BH, Riordan was MOTM on Saturday, its all about opinions i suppose but i didn't think Towell was that good, thought he took to long on the ball and didn't make the right passes when needed. :aok:

Baader
17-05-2011, 10:28 AM
I like him. Would like to see him back in a Hibs shirt.

One of the very few positives this season...

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Disagree with you about them two only getting pass marks BH, Riordan was MOTM on Saturday, its all about opinions i suppose but i didn't think Towell was that good, thought he took to long on the ball and didn't make the right passes when needed. :aok:

I thought Towell was good, as was Vas Te. Derek while taking his goal well looked to be injured very early, and seemed to me anyway restricted in what he could do. In fact i thought he did not shut down anywhere near as much as he normally does, and i thought he'd be taken off.

Opinions eh? :greengrin

mentalhibee
17-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Hope towell return's next season on as an official Hibs player. He's made a few mistakes but all in all looks a good player for the future, gets stuck in and HATES the jambos. Good enough for me!

3pm
17-05-2011, 11:32 AM
I'd be disappointed if Towell was the best we could get. We need a decent first XI to begin with, not squad players.

If you are happy to be a squad player at Easter Road then you shouldn't be there to begin with.

H18sry
17-05-2011, 11:37 AM
:agree: but should only return as a signed HFC player and not return on loan.

:top marks

We should not be nurturing our competitors players for them to sell on at a bigger fee.

HibbyAndy
17-05-2011, 11:38 AM
I'd be disappointed if Towell was the best we could get. We need a decent first XI to begin with, not squad players.

If you are happy to be a squad player at Easter Road then you shouldn't be there to begin with.

This would be my take on it.

sixtwo
17-05-2011, 11:53 AM

I agree with you on this one. Deeks scored a beauty, he finished off another which was ruled offside and he was always making himself available despite taking a very early knock.
Towell is a competant player. I don't read too much into his errors as he has only played half a season at this level. He has given us a good option on the right. I like the way he gets forward and his deliveries are good. That said, if we bring in Sproule, I'd prefer to see a more defensive minded full back behind him.

sixtwo
17-05-2011, 11:54 AM
I agree with you on this one. Deeks scored a beauty, he finished off another which was ruled offside and he was always making himself available despite taking a very early knock.
Towell is a competant player. I don't read too much into his errors as he has only played half a season at this level. He has given us a good option on the right. I like the way he gets forward and his deliveries are good. That said, if we bring in Sproule, I'd prefer to see a more defensive minded full back behind him.
If kovacevic (dufc) is fit and available, I'd like us to go for him.

ancient hibee
17-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Towell will never be (even an SPL)a midfield player.On the other hand as a wing back he has something to offer with a bit of pace to get up and down and get crosses in.The midfield on Saturday made me think we were back to the non tackling midget displays of the first half of the season.

The Harp
17-05-2011, 02:47 PM
if he comes back to easter road as a celtic player next season he should be given a great reception, he has been a fantastic servant to our club.

I think Richie did a great job for us since he came into the side and he's been very complimentary about the Club and grateful to us for giving him the opportunity to play in the Premier. Hope we can acquire his services as a signed Hibs player 'cos I can't see celtic giving him the chance of first team football.

silverhibee
17-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Towell will never be (even an SPL)a midfield player.On the other hand as a wing back he has something to offer with a bit of pace to get up and down and get crosses in.The midfield on Saturday made me think we were back to the non tackling midget displays of the first half of the season.

:agree:

Aldo
17-05-2011, 02:52 PM
If we got to sign him permanently for a nominal fee (or for free) then I would take him.

Play him as a right wing back in a 3 - 5- 2 formation (which we may see next season). hard to beat should be the name of the game next season for me.

Anyway towell would be an excellent addition IMHO.

As for Sat he had a steady game IMHO...missed a sitter but was looking for the ball all the time and not shirking his responsibilities.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-05-2011, 03:40 PM

If he comes back to ER as a Celtc player next season, it will be in a shirt and tie sitting in the stands, or in a tracksuit helping get the hampers out of the back of the bus. He has a future in the game, but no future at Celtc.

snooky
17-05-2011, 05:14 PM

:agree: