PDA

View Full Version : Swansea - Forest

IWasThere2016
16-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Swans 2 up .. Class second for the Dobmeister!

essexhibee
16-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Just scored a great individual goal for Swansea to put them two up in the play-off semi. Did the same last year for Blackpool at the same stage.

Would you take him back? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
16-05-2011, 07:22 PM

Dobbie is a class act.

And there is no irony in that.

Twiglet
16-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Live text said he gave the assist for the first too.

Is he in contract with them next season?

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Just scored a great individual goal for Swansea to put them two up in the play-off semi. Did the same last year for Blackpool at the same stage.

Think his current wages would prove to be the stumbling block here

stokesmessiah
16-05-2011, 07:25 PM

You beat me to this, just wanted to say i watch quite a lot of Championship football and he has developed into a really good player.

As for getting him back - in a flash. I also know however that we dont have a chance in hell in bringing someone like that to ER.

Broken Gnome
16-05-2011, 07:27 PM

Is it too cynical to say that he would've been nowhere the player he is now if Hibs had taken him back from Queen of the South? Or any SPL club for that matter.

Just think, he was at Dumbarton FFS...

essexhibee
16-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Is it too cynical to say that he would've been nowhere the player he is now if Hibs had taken him back from Queen of the South? Or any SPL club for that matter.

Just think, he was at Dumbarton FFS...

Amazing when you think of it like that. Pleased for the dobmiester!!

hibsbollah
16-05-2011, 07:33 PM
he and GOC were always my favourite of that generation who came through under blobby, but i never expected him to be this good. hes got agood chance of being up against man utd and arsenals defenders next year. Just goes to show you can never tell how a player is going to develop.

IWasThere2016
16-05-2011, 07:42 PM
he and GOC were always my favourite of that generation who came through under blobby, but i never expected him to be this good. hes got agood chance of being up against man utd and arsenals defenders next year. Just goes to show you can never tell how a player is going to develop.

I can tell that Alan O'Brien will never develop :wink:

hibsbollah
16-05-2011, 07:46 PM
I can tell that Alan O'Brien will never develop :wink:

Well OK sometimes you can :-)

crash
16-05-2011, 07:50 PM
On the same theme Clayton Donaldson won the Golden Boot for top scorer in the English League this season:not worth

BEEJ
16-05-2011, 07:55 PM
And how has Maka been playing?

:whistle:

stokesmessiah
16-05-2011, 08:11 PM
And how has Maka been playing?

:whistle:

:greengrin

stokesmessiah
16-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Been flitting in and out of this game, can someone tell me why Boyd is not playing???

EDIT: Commentator just said he is coming on, wonder why he never started him??

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 08:31 PM
He's in there.:greengrin...Keeping De Vries on his toes.

Kept out by Doris, jings things must be bad.....:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
16-05-2011, 08:40 PM
3-1 full-time. I watched the 2nd half - really enjoyed it.

The boy took the 3rd brilliantly (from his own half).

YehButNoBut
16-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Great finish to this game, Forest just hit the woodwork which would have made it 2-2. Then from a corner which the Forest goalie is up for Swansea break away and hit it into the empty net, finished 3-1 Swansea. :aok:

silverhibee
16-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Well done Swansea. :thumbsup:

Newhaven
16-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Possible Swansea v Cardiff play off final :casper:

steakbake
16-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Tough on Forest. One of the nightmares of the championship but at one point were they not 2nd? So really, they've blown it. Good job for Swansea though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Wouldna' be surprised to see Davies chuck the Forrest job. Seems destined to always end up just shy of the finishing line.

steakbake
16-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Forest are a big enough club of course, but they went on a disastrous run for a few weeks which has cost them.

With West Ham, maybe Wigan, Blackpool or Birmingham going down and only one of Reading, Cardiff or Swansea going up, Derby and Leeds still in the mix, it's a very, very tough league.

Danderhall Hibs
16-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Forest are a big enough club of course, but they went on a disastrous run for a few weeks which has cost them.

With West Ham, maybe Wigan, Blackpool or Birmingham going down and only one of Reading, Cardiff or Swansea going up, Derby and Leeds still in the mix, it's a very, very tough league.

:agree: I always end up watching a few games at the end of the season and thinking to myself I'll watch more of that next season.

Never do though!

IWasThere2016
16-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Great game .. The Championship is the best league on these shores - by some!

Biggie
16-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Great post match interview with B Davies...came a cross as a very driven guy, great composure considering he'd just come up short again. Well done Billy D, wasn't sure about him before TBH, but he seems to be doing a very decent job down there, and looks as though he has the steel to get the best out of players....wonder if he fancies coming "home" (at xmas obv)

hibsbollah
16-05-2011, 09:15 PM
davies is a complete cock IMO.

steakbake
16-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Great game .. The Championship is the best league on these shores - by some!

It is indeed. It's an absolutely cracking league. Genuinely competitive from top to bottom, some great classic teams and some excellent games. I love it.

essexhibee
17-05-2011, 07:08 AM
davies is a complete cock IMO.

I agree.

Craig_in_Prague
17-05-2011, 07:35 AM
I thought it was an outstanding game.
Hibs players I hope were watching!!!

1st half Swansea played great sweeping football, good in posession, pace, energy and drive. Basically a poor hibs side under Mowbray haha

2nd half Forest's committment and efforts were incredible. They almost achieved what looked like a near impossible come back (given Swansea's home form and defensive record). If only Hibs could work hard like that and play for the jersey.

Forest players should hold their heads high this morning, and i'm sure they're fans will still be proud. That's what football is about, 2 sides with qualities going at it and in the end there's only 1 winner.

The fitness, technique, pace, team spirit etc was all their to see........ Then you think about Hibs......... :rolleyes: