PDA

View Full Version : Where did the passion go?

S.sct
16-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Am I alone in thinking that the passion has completely gone from our club?

I see absolutely no passion coming from the manager (except at the derby), the players and certainly not the board.

Everyone around me (in the lower West) seemed resigned to another miserable performance on Saturday .

I look across the city and hate to say see the exact opposite.....

There is something fundementally wrong at ER and unless addressed quickly could really set the club back to the dark days of the eighties where average home crowds were around the 5000 mark.

Tom Farmer saved the club and Petrie and the gang have stabalised and completed the infrastructure work. Thanks guys but we need a new strategy at boardroom level. Unfortunately I don't think we are going to get it any time soon.

Good on the 12th man for at least attempting to lift the gloomhttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Davy Mac
16-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Am I alone in thinking that the passion has completely gone from our club?

I see absolutely no passion coming from the manager (except at the derby), the players and certainly not the board.

Everyone around me (in the lower West) seemed resigned to another miserable performance on Saturday .

There is something fundementally wrong at ER and unless addressed quickly could really set the club back to the dark days of the eighties where average home crowds were around the 5000 mark.

Tom Farmer saved the club and Petrie and the gang have stabalised and completed the infrastructure work. Thanks guys but we need a new strategy at boardroom level. Unfortunately I don't think we are going to get it any time soon.

Good on the 12th man for at least attempting to lift the gloomhttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Depends on your point of view:confused:

Hiber-nation
16-05-2011, 07:57 PM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Last time I looked it was full of very ugly people who seemed to spend the whole game singing sectarian songs and booing loudly.

Levenhibee
16-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Last time I looked it was full of very ugly people who seemed to spend the whole game singing sectarian songs and booing loudly.

That's as maybe but it doesn't hide the gloom around ER.

ancient hibee
16-05-2011, 08:57 PM
And attacking innocent people?

Phil D. Rolls
17-05-2011, 11:51 AM
That's as maybe but it doesn't hide the gloom around ER.

In August we will be full of optimism, but the Yams will still be Yams.

sixtwo
17-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Calderwood asked on sportsound after the game on saturday if we need a player who can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drive the team forward.

He mumbled something like ' if you get that you may lose something else'

I didn't quite get what he meant.

For me, there is a lot of apathy towards hibs just now. we the fans are resigned to the fact that we have been pish for 18 months. We always seem to be in a transitional period. The players look as though they couldn't give a **** (with the exception of the four or five games before the split).
I think passion will return when we see players sweating blood for a win. when we see players and the manager doing everything to get the three points, the fans will regain a bit of belief.

I think we need a good pre season and a good start to the season.

A few good signings in the close season will see the numbers return, a few good performances will see them stay

sahib
17-05-2011, 06:12 PM
"Concentrate on the passing and the passion will take care of itself."

down the slope
17-05-2011, 07:10 PM
If you were at the service for ET last week you would have heard Tonny Higgins give a great speech and he was telling story's of past games against Napoli Juventus ,and Sporting Lisbon and their likes. i had forgotten that we used to play at that level and sometimes beat these teams , how low we have sunk , we now regularly get beaten by 1st div teams and that is probably our level if you were brutally honest yet we are told on here that things will be fine and the board are untouchable and criticise them and you will be ridiculed. Well there is something rotten at the core at ER , no passion no fight and no brains , players come to us and get worse and when they leave they improve ! , the spiral is downwards and have a laugh if you want but why should things change ?.