PDA

View Full Version : Ripe Pickings

Bad Habits
16-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Just having a quick browse on BBC sport and noticing that lots of teams (St. Mirren, Hamilton and Notts County) are releasing a lot of players, possibly to do with finacial restrains. Although they are most probably squad players and not of the best quality surely there are some out there which could improve our current squad.

thoughts?:greengrin

Hiber-nation
16-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Just having a quick browse on BBC sport and noticing that lots of teams (St. Mirren, Hamilton and Notts County) are releasing a lot of players, possibly to do with finacial restrains. Although they are most probably squad players and not of the best quality surely there are some out there which could improve our current squad.

Dunno about Notts County but if any of St Mirren's frees end up at ER I'll be handing my ST back. We don't need squad players, we need matchwinners and defenders who can actually defend.

Winston Ingram
16-05-2011, 07:03 PM

2 posts. Yam I think:bye:

Bad Habits
16-05-2011, 07:07 PM
2 posts. Yam I think:bye:

Ouchhh...

haha i'm not but what im trying to put across is if increasing numbers of teams are releasing players (St. Mirren etc. are not good examples) then surely there are decent players to be had. and if anyone knew any soon to be free-agents that would fit the bill

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 07:17 PM

There will be further ripe pickings in due course, wait and see the bigger fish who are available.....

down the slope
16-05-2011, 07:34 PM
There will be quite a few players who have been freed who will struggle big time to find a club , Scottish football is not a good place to be at the moment.

CapitalHibs
16-05-2011, 08:13 PM
I have to say, I haven't heard any player name on any thread on this entire board that gives me some inspiration about next season.

stokesmessiah
16-05-2011, 08:15 PM
I have to say, I haven't heard any player name on any thread on this entire board that gives me some inspiration about next season.

I am afraid i dont have a name for you but i did get told the other day on this forum we are talking to "a foreign player", so he must be good !!

Levenhibee
16-05-2011, 08:17 PM
How are ICT for money?. They have a good young striker banging in the goals for fun. Reckon Rooney will be off to Rangers though.

Jack
16-05-2011, 08:20 PM
There are 10s of clubs releasing 100s of players ourselves included.

Id hope the downturn in clubs resources might lead to an upturn in ours and being able to pick up players we might have thought out of our range previously.

We're also reducing our squad size which I hope will mean higher individual salaries and a better quality player.

CapitalHibs
16-05-2011, 08:21 PM
I am afraid i dont have a name for you but i did get told the other day on this forum we are talking to "a foreign player", so he must be good !!

Really???

Aren't De Graaf and Trakys foreign players??

Kaiser1962
16-05-2011, 08:53 PM
There will be quite a few players who have been freed who will struggle big time to find a club , Scottish football is not a good place to be at the moment.

I think there will be literally hundreds, if not thousands, of players looking for clubs come July. It's going to be a tough task to get a gig for most of them.

jdships
16-05-2011, 08:56 PM
There are 10s of clubs releasing 100s of players ourselves included.

Id hope the downturn in clubs resources might lead to an upturn in ours and being able to pick up players we might have thought out of our range previously.

We're also reducing our squad size which I hope will mean higher individual salaries and a better quality player.

Good post.
If you check you will find almost every club in both England( except Chelsea , Man City and Manure) and Scotland are downsizing.
Lists of club "frees" often run to ten /twelve players .
A PFA "spokesman" is quoted as saying " .... this could lead to players having to accept cuts in wages and waiving signing on fees to find employment "
As you rightly say this puts us in a position where we are possibly "..... able to pick up players we might have thought out of our range previously."

Can imagine there will be a number of players on the dole come August

:rolleyes:

IanM
17-05-2011, 07:01 AM
David Grof and Alan Gow released with another 5 players at Notts County..

:bye: