PDA

View Full Version : Donald Findlay now gets a package...

Ollie Reed
16-05-2011, 05:23 PM
...over at Cowdenbeath.

This country's very silly.

Pretty Boy
16-05-2011, 05:26 PM
...over at Cowdenbeath.

Pretty much takes away any moral high ground Celtic supporters claimed to have.

Idiotic thing to do and bigot though Findlay may be, just like Lennon et al there is no way he deserves this.

CB_NO3
16-05-2011, 05:39 PM
...over at Cowdenbeath.

Dont confuse this country with two teams from Glasgow.

Jim44
16-05-2011, 05:40 PM
...over at Cowdenbeath.

Terrible if true, but it seems it might have been a false alarm - A Fife Constabulary spokesman confirmed officers had been called to the club. He said: "Initial police resources at the scene have now been stood down."

CropleyWasGod
16-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Dont confuse this country with two teams from Glasgow.

It IS our country, though, hence it is our problem, no matter where the crux of it lies.

It's easy for us in the East to be smug, and say it's "their problem", but then you look at what happened at Tynie last week (and the fallout with the woman in Stenhouse who got all those abusive calls), and then you have to see that it has effects on the rest of the country.

Barney McGrew
16-05-2011, 06:01 PM
You can bet there will be some people defending it on the basis that 'they started it'.

It's the Old Firm way.

greenlex
16-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Terrible if true, but it seems it might have been a false alarm - A Fife Constabulary spokesman confirmed officers had been called to the club. He said: "Initial police resources at the scene have now been stood down."
It wasn't a false alarm. The package was sent to him designed to cause alarm in effect terrorising him. It makes no difference if it was indeed a bomb or not.

Keith_M
16-05-2011, 06:09 PM
...over at Cowdenbeath.

Link?

Barney McGrew
16-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Link?

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/249854-suspicious-package-found-at-cowdenbeath-football-club/

marinello59
16-05-2011, 06:12 PM
It IS our country, though, hence it is our problem, no matter where the crux of it lies.

It's easy for us in the East to be smug, and say it's "their problem", but then you look at what happened at Tynie last week (and the fallout with the woman in Stenhouse who got all those abusive calls), and then you have to see that it has effects on the rest of the country.
:agree:
Every Pub in Scotland must have it's resident Infirm bores who love to spout the 'banter' at each other. It's Scotlands shame all right.

Keith_M
16-05-2011, 06:16 PM
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/249854-suspicious-package-found-at-cowdenbeath-football-club/

Thanks.

Anyway, a Celtc supporting mate of mine just told me that it was, in fact, a Rangers Fan that sent it, solely to make it appear that they are just as bad as the Huns. He says that it may even be that Findlay sent the package to himself.

No Celtc fan would condone terrorism in any way, shape or form. So I hope that's clear now!

givescotlandfreedom
16-05-2011, 06:28 PM
From one bigoted lowlife to another then£

marinello59
16-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks.

Anyway, a Celtc supporting mate of mine just told me that it was, in fact, a Rangers Fan that sent it, solely to make it appear that they are just as bad as the Huns. He says that it may even be that Findlay sent the package to himself.

No Celtc fan would condone terrorism in any way, shape or form. So I hope that's clear now!

Actually that's true. As part of the same strategy all the season ticket holders at Darkheid are actually Rangers fans and all the Ibrox regulars are really Celtic fans. Each side goes to great lengths to darken the name of the other side. They are doing a pretty good job of it as well.
It's not the real Neil Lennon managing Celtic either. It's McCoist in a baboon costume. FACT

son of haggart
16-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks.

Jeez - trouble is, he probably believes that:confused:

There has to be a way to exclude religion and politics from football grounds for 90 minutes a week

Jim44
16-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Actually that's true. As part of the same strategy all the season ticket holders at Darkheid are actually Rangers fans and all the Ibrox regulars are really Celtic fans. Each side goes to great lengths to darken the name of the other side. They are doing a pretty good job of it as well.
It's not the real Neil Lennon managing Celtic either. It's McCoist in a baboon costume. FACT

What have baboons done to upset you?:greengrin

.Sean.
16-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Every Pub in Scotland must have it's resident Infirm bores who love to spout the 'banter' at each other. It's Scotlands shame all right.
Haddington is full with these types. The kind who have never set foot in either Ibrox or Celtic Park, but don an Old Firm top and think they're some kind of Superfan. Idiots.

iwasthere1972
16-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Shouldn't take long to find the culprit.

How many Old Firm fans are able to spell Cowdenbeath.

Dunbar Hibee
16-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Haddington is full with these types. The kind who have never set foot in either Ibrox or Celtic Park, but don an Old Firm top and think they're some kind of Superfan. Idiots.

Dunbar also Seany boy :agree:

Hibby D
16-05-2011, 06:51 PM

The Hub in Tranent too by all accounts:agree:

.Sean.
16-05-2011, 07:15 PM
The Hub in Tranent too by all accounts:agree:
Cannae mind what the H stands for but the U and B is apparantly an abbreviation of 'Ulster Bar' :rolleyes:

.Sean.
16-05-2011, 07:17 PM
You've a PM B :aok:

Kaiser1962
16-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Cannae mind what the H stands for but the U and B is apparantly an abbreviation of 'Ulster Bar' :rolleyes:

Helmet?

Danderhall Hibs
16-05-2011, 07:52 PM

Huns. :agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
16-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Pretty much takes away any moral high ground Celtic supporters claimed to have.

Idiotic thing to do and bigot though Findlay may be, just like Lennon et al there is no way he deserves this.

who's to say its not a disgruntled con he's represented or got put away ???

Dunbar Hibee
16-05-2011, 08:10 PM
You've a PM B :aok:

PM'd you back bud :aok:

half.time.draw.
16-05-2011, 08:20 PM

A.

AndBonnyrigg.

Future17
16-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Shouldn't take long to find the culprit.

How many Old Firm fans are able to spell Cowdenbeath.

To steal a line from a mate:

"On yonder hill there was a coo,
it must have received a suspect package,
it's no' there noo."

:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-05-2011, 09:21 PM
I wonder if it was a DVD home recording of a karaoke singer on a night oot?

The_Sauz
17-05-2011, 08:58 AM
I just read it was a "Blade" that was sent :agree:

sh00byd00
17-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Findlay probably gets threats all the time due to the low life **** he defends.

His job as a QC will probably put him in the firing line too.

Phil D. Rolls
17-05-2011, 09:21 AM

I had to try to explain to two Irish people when I was on holiday what it's all about. I thought it was really significant that they had no idea about the sectarian element and thought it was just football rivalry gone mad.

Add in the Queen's visit to Dublin, and you have to wonder exactly who these nut cases are claiming to represent.

Jeez - trouble is, he probably believes that:confused:

There has to be a way to exclude religion and politics from football grounds for 90 minutes a week

We could ask those teams with a significant sectarian following to leave our league and find somewhere else to play. I don't think the OF would go for that though, they have always been passionate supporters of the Scottish game, and recognise their responsibility to keep the rest of us afloat.

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2011, 09:44 AM
The bigot brothers have lived off this for years, each set of fans embracing sectarianism. Now its crossed the line, what a real shame eh. This was always going to happen, there is always someone who will want to push the boundarys.

This will never stop, but the authorities ie the police and the SFA can do much much more to make it more uncomfortable for these idiots, especially those at the games.

Do either have the balls, i dont think so?

3pm
17-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Apparently the suspect package was white, round and had 'Mitre' written over it. Nobody at Central Park had any ideas what it was.

Hibee87
17-05-2011, 11:50 AM
The bigot brothers have lived off this for years, each set of fans embracing sectarianism. Now its crossed the line, what a real shame eh. This was always going to happen, there is always someone who will want to push the boundarys.

This will never stop, but the authorities ie the police and the SFA can do much much more to make it more uncomfortable for these idiots, especially those at the games.

Do either have the balls, i dont think so?

How hard would it be to ban fans and arrest them, everytime one of them visits e.r you can clearly hear them singing there songs, now if we can hear it and the t.v cameras can hear it why cant the sfa or ploice hear it? all it takes is for hibs and every other team to complain like dundee united supports did and they woudl have no choice but to act..... and if they didnt? move to eufa and ask why nothign is being done as soon as they involved the sfa will have no choice. I think the fact rangers card is already marked by eufa means it wouldnt take to much.

sixtwo
17-05-2011, 12:56 PM
How hard would it be to ban fans and arrest them, everytime one of them visits e.r you can clearly hear them singing there songs, now if we can hear it and the t.v cameras can hear it why cant the sfa or ploice hear it? all it takes is for hibs and every other team to complain like dundee united supports did and they woudl have no choice but to act..... and if they didnt? move to eufa and ask why nothign is being done as soon as they involved the sfa will have no choice. I think the fact rangers card is already marked by eufa means it wouldnt take to much.

You make very valid points. Most right thinking fans have been asking the same things for years. It seems as though we all just have to put up with it. I remember when Rangers visited Easter Road the season before last. The sung loads of offensive songs including the 'famine song' and the 'billy boys'. I wrote to hibs to complain and to urge them to take action and complain to the relevant bodies. I did not receive a reply.

Bigotry sells tickets, it always has. I'm sure the current attention on this will fade away. A few positive words will come out, the old firm will probably do a PR stunt trying to educate kids but before the end of next season it will raise it's ugly head again!

Phil D. Rolls
17-05-2011, 04:19 PM
I just read it was a "Blade" that was sent :agree:

That beard needs some attention - Wilkinson Sword or Gilette?