PDA

View Full Version : Palsson (Leeds & Southampton Sniffing Around)

eastmainsmsh
16-05-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6935798,00.html

Hibernia Na Eir
16-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Hibs couldnt come close to keeping away the likes of Leeds and Soton.

Oh dear.

marinello59
16-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Hibs couldnt come close to keeping away the likes of Leeds and Soton.

Oh dear.

Sad but true. That's the economic reality we face.

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Petrie will be biting they're hands off at the moment I would think

:rolleyes:

SteveHFC
16-05-2011, 02:05 PM
If he does go. Who are we going to replace him with. A First Division Reject.

Beefster
16-05-2011, 02:13 PM

We only signed him from Liverpool in January so why would it have to be a First Division reject to replace him as opposed to another Premiership youngster?

There are some proper drama queens on here recently.

MixuMac
16-05-2011, 02:19 PM
If we can sell on a player we have only had for 6 months and get another premiership youngster in I think this would be a great bit of business especially as he only signed a 18 month deal so was obviously looking at Hibs as a stepping stone back to the big time.

.Sean.
16-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Hugely over-rated IMO.

Kaiser1962
16-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Petrie will be biting they're hands off at the moment I would think

:rolleyes:

Nonsense. Do you think he'll be begging to stay?

More likely the reson he signed an 18 month deal in the first place.

marinello59
16-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Nonsense. Do you think he'll be begging to stay?

More likely the reson he signed an 18 month deal in the first place.
:agree: If he moves it will be the players decision.

Baker9
16-05-2011, 02:26 PM
If we can sell on a player we have only had for 6 months and get another premiership youngster in I think this would be a great bit of business especially as he only signed a 18 month deal so was obviously looking at Hibs as a stepping stone back to the big time.

Bad news if this happened. We need to be signing good players and keeping them for at least the length of their contracts. OK its a short contract but lets have him on the park for another season. Can't see Petrie selling nor CC agreeing.

hibee92
16-05-2011, 02:27 PM
The Finland Under-21 international has made 16 appearances for Hibs and his performances have attracted the interest of a host of scouts.

:greengrin

offshorehibby
16-05-2011, 02:50 PM
While i believe there is a good young prospect in there, i don't think he's done much to impress scouts. If he stays i'd like to get him signed up on a longer deal as we'll loose him for nothing this time next year.
Also, Leeds & Southampton have both been on the brink of bankruptcy recently so wont have lot's of money to spend.

Kaiser1962
16-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Bad news if this happened. We need to be signing good players and keeping them for at least the length of their contracts. OK its a short contract but lets have him on the park for another season. Can't see Petrie selling nor CC agreeing.

Contrary to popular opinion it will be the player and his agent who call the shots. RP and CC wont be able to do a helluva lot about it. Thats the reality unpallatable as it is.

basehibby
16-05-2011, 03:04 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6935798,00.html

Bah! One of the few bright spots in a truly miserable season and it looks like we might well struggle to hold on to him.

Ach well - I suppose if he commands a big enough fee it could turn out to be good business - as long as it's re-invested straight back into the team that is

Pretty Boy
16-05-2011, 03:09 PM
If one or two snippets i've heard are to be believed i don't think there will be many in the Hibs dressing room, including CC, that will be too upset if Palsson does leave.

silverhibee
16-05-2011, 03:16 PM
If one or two snippets i've heard are to be believed i don't think there will be many in the Hibs dressing room, including CC, that will be too upset if Palsson does leave.

:shocked: :hide: :shocked: :greengrin

.Sean.
16-05-2011, 03:33 PM
If one or two snippets i've heard are to be believed i don't think there will be many in the Hibs dressing room, including CC, that will be too upset if Palsson does leave.I mentioned on the PM board the other month that he seems to think he's something he's not and that he's not the most popular of folk at the club.

Baker9
16-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Contrary to popular opinion it will be the player and his agent who call the shots. RP and CC wont be able to do a helluva lot about it. Thats the reality unpallatable as it is.

They can refuse to release him till his contract is up?

Bishop Hibee
16-05-2011, 03:46 PM
If we got a hundred grand for him I'd say well done Petrie! Towell did a better job in that position on Saturday than Pallson has done since his first game.

Use any money we get towards signing a right back or a better holding midfielder. I'd be happy if Towell was signed up to play either role.

Cropley10
16-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Victor Palsson. A legend in his own living room.

Petrie will be creaming himself at the thought of being able to sell someone though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Hardly big news that we may need to sell another player. We should handle it in the same as as other moves. If he is going to go, then sooner rather than later, and for the biggest amount of cash. Get the money ploughed back into the team. What if we got offered 500-750K and that gave us a new forward, centre-half and a decent bunce to secure Towell for another season or so. Would be a fair swap.

Albion Hibs
16-05-2011, 03:51 PM
I would be really surprised if this was true.

The reality is that surely these Championship clubs all got offered this player prior to him making the move to the SPL. I cant see how any of his performances would make them think he is a better player. They may have seen the can play in a competitive game, but as someone above said, Towell was better in this position on Sat, and Murray is a far better defensive midfielder.

I think if it was true and they threw in a few quid Hibs would probably quite gladly take it. Perhaps just the club planting stories to make us think we got hold of a great signing / soften the blow in terms of how he has lived up to it, or the lack of signings they may make over the summer!

Keith_M
16-05-2011, 04:05 PM
While i believe there is a good young prospect in there, i don't think he's done much to impress scouts. If he stays i'd like to get him signed up on a longer deal as we'll loose him for nothing this time next year.
Also, Leeds & Southampton have both been on the brink of bankruptcy recently so wont have lot's of money to spend.

I'm sorry but that's total nonsense!

The word is lose, not loose. You didn't use a capital letter in referring to yourself as I and the apostrophe should be in won't, not in lots. :na na:

Apart from that, i agree with every word wot you have wrote. :greengrin

Speedway
16-05-2011, 04:06 PM

Yeah hopefully or maybe it'll be worse than that even. Maybe the worst player ever. Its bound to be crap though because its Hibs and everything's crap.

What'll probably happen is that Petrie will line his pockets like he did when we sold the crown jewels of the golden generation and CC or whoever is the manager we want rid of at that time will probably have to deal with trialists who pay Rod to play for Hibs. Coz like Rod, yeah? he's evil. He's only in it for himself and its all crap so we'll sell Palsson to you know, like, Histon or something for like some money and it'll be crap because it is just a massive disappointment supporting Hibs which is why I make so much effort to do it and post on here coz I live for disappointment, me, it's what I'm all about it's how I roll. It's really crap.

stokesmessiah
16-05-2011, 04:06 PM
We only signed him from Liverpool in January so why would it have to be a First Division reject to replace him as opposed to another Premiership youngster?

There are some proper drama queens on here recently.

:thumbsup:

Correct, one little blurb on a website and everyone wets their knickers...i am waiting for a Petrie GTF message !!!

J-C
16-05-2011, 04:20 PM
TBH he's had 2 decent games and average as hell in the others, maybe that's why Liverpool weren't worried about losing him to Hibs, we got him for pennies so if we can a few decent quid for him then that'll go into CC coffers for whoever else he needs.

Pretty Boy
16-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah hopefully or maybe it'll be worse than that even. Maybe the worst player ever. Its bound to be crap though because its Hibs and everything's crap.

What'll probably happen is that Petrie will line his pockets like he did when we sold the crown jewels of the golden generation and CC or whoever is the manager we want rid of at that time will probably have to deal with trialists who pay Rod to play for Hibs. Coz like Rod, yeah? he's evil. He's only in it for himself and its all crap so we'll sell Palsson to you know, like, Histon or something for like some money and it'll be crap because it is just a massive disappointment supporting Hibs which is why I make so much effort to do it and post on here coz I live for disappointment, me, it's what I'm all about it's how I roll. It's really crap.

:faf:

Future17
16-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Hopefully he has a good tournament in the summer and we get a big money offer.

Worth considering:

1) How much his performances so far in a Hibs jersey would be worth stretched over a season with a little room for improvement as he settles into SPL football.

2) The extreme likelihood that he wouldn't sign another deal at Hibs and would be free to leave for nothing next summer.

Balanced against:

3) How easy/difficult it would be to replace him.

Depends on the offer, but I'd be inclined to let him go for £400,000 plus.

Broken Gnome
16-05-2011, 04:32 PM

:top marks

3pm
16-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Did anyone see him shaking his head in disapproval as the masses departed after the dandies third goal?! Concentration isn't his best attribute!

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Did anyone see him shaking his head in disapproval as the masses departed after the dandies third goal?! Concentration isn't his best attribute!

yip, stick to your own on the park performance, take game by scruff of the neck, and the fans wont exit in droves.....

silverhibee
16-05-2011, 04:50 PM
:thumbsup:

Correct, one little blurb on a website and everyone wets their knickers...i am waiting for a Petrie GTF message !!!

Petrie and Lindsay. GTF. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
16-05-2011, 04:52 PM

Missed that but thought it a bit strange that he waved to the fans when he came on as a sub. As if to say "Sit back relax I'm here"

hibsquaker
16-05-2011, 04:56 PM
From what I've seen he'll be no loss. He appears at times slow and one dimensional. He hardly goes over the half way time most of the time. He's hardly a midfield dynamo. Hibs fell apart when he came on Saturday.

3pm
16-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Missed that but thought it a bit strange that he waved to the fans when he came on as a sub. As if to say "Sit back relax I'm here"

I just thought he'd won the half time draw.

iwasthere1972
16-05-2011, 04:58 PM

Westie1875
16-05-2011, 05:00 PM
From what I've seen he'll be no loss. He appears at times slow and one dimensional. He hardly goes over the half way time most of the time. He's hardly a midfield dynamo. Hibs fell apart when he came on Saturday.

I thought that had more to do with Hanlon moving out to left back leaving Dickoh & Stephens as our centre half pairing, they are awful playing in the middle together.

sahib
16-05-2011, 05:01 PM

Give it up Rod! This bad mouthing of every player that you plan to sell, is fooling no one. Brebner, Thomson and Brown through to Stokes. Do you think we are all daft? :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 05:02 PM

All he needed was big Kenny Everett hands and he would have been sorted

Kaiser1962
16-05-2011, 05:03 PM
They can refuse to release him till his contract is up?

They could but they wont cos whats the point when all you get is a war that does no-one any good. As i said it will be the player and his agent who decide if he moves or not. Thats the way it is. Do you think ManU wanted to let Ronaldo go?

Beefster
16-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Let's hope he does stay because, going by the posts in this thread, we've found next season's boo-boy.

I'm honestly fed-up hearing what player isn't the 'most popular'. If that bunch of ******s masquerading as Hibs footballers worried about their own conduct and performances rather than everyone else's, we might be a marginally better team. We've had Stokes, Bamba and now Palsson apparently 'not popular' - the common thread? They'll all good enough to move on from Hibs.

iwasthere1972
16-05-2011, 05:07 PM
All he needed was big Kenny Everett hands and he would have been sorted

It was all done in the best possible taste.

Kaiser1962
16-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Let's hope he does stay because, going by the posts in this thread, we've found next season's boo-boy.

I'm honestly fed-up hearing what player isn't the 'most popular'. If that bunch of ******s masquerading as Hibs footballers worried about their own conduct and performances rather than everyone else's, we might be a marginally better team. We've had Stokes, Bamba and now Palsson apparently 'not popular' - the common thread? They'll all good enough to move on from Hibs.

Beefster if Messi was playing for Hibs he would be "too wee".

Palsson is a young guy who will learn. There may be an element of arrogance on his part as he played at Liverpool, or envy from others as he played at Liverpool. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I hope he stays.

IWasThere2016
16-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Good player IMO - and he will go on to be better.

Going forward - and at this moment in time - we have only VP, Hanlon and Booth worth a few quid!

sahib
16-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Good player IMO - and he will go on to be better.

Going forward - and at this moment in time - we have only VP, Hanlon and Booth worth a few quid!

Very true pal and Hanlon is pretty mince too really. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 05:31 PM

Pretty Boy
16-05-2011, 05:32 PM

I was merely stating that a few members of the squad might not be sad to see the back of VP, i heard this direct from a member of the 1st team squad who i know reasonably well who occassionally passes comment to me on 1 or 2 things.

I made no comment on Palssons ability or made any attempt to mark him out as a 'boo boy'. For whats it worth i think he's a decent player with the potential to get better so would e happy to see him stay.

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 05:35 PM

Sid snot here, so VP is in his place

Spike Mandela
16-05-2011, 05:38 PM
So are we building a team or not?

I thought the idea was to get to a point where we didn't have to sell our best players and instead added qualitY to cmpliment them. Hopefully this will prove to be the case.

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 05:40 PM

I thought the idea was to get to a point where we didn't have to sell our best players and instead added qualitY to cmpliment them. Hopefully this will prove to be the case.

Always been a selling club. If a decent offer comes in for any player it will be considered.....Whether they stay or go is a different matter

lapsedhibee
16-05-2011, 05:57 PM

:faf: :faf: :faf:

ionahibby
16-05-2011, 06:18 PM

With the exeptions of clubs like man utd barca etc very few clubs don't sell players
money talks! Don't be surprised if there is more!

Kaiser1962
16-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Always been a selling club. If a decent offer comes in for any player it will be considered.....Whether they stay or go is a different matter

As I said before it will be the player and his agent who decide if a player moves or not. There is little a club can realistically do about it these days.

Kaiser1962
16-05-2011, 06:19 PM
With the exeptions of clubs like man utd barca etc very few clubs don't sell players
money talks! Don't be surprised if there is more!

Even ManU couldnt hold on to Ronaldo.

The_Sauz
16-05-2011, 06:21 PM
No......but I did :greengrin
:na na:

allezsauzee
16-05-2011, 06:22 PM
The lad is a good prospect and i'd like to see him stay , however if he decides he fancies a move to Leeds well at least we'll make a few quid. We got him for nowt so I don't think we should complain too much.

Gala Foxes
16-05-2011, 06:50 PM
granted Palsson made a good start to his Hibs career however in recent games his concentration, passing & attitude have been poor. A pretty average St Mirren player made a complete fool of him a couple of weeks ago. He has much to learn and much better consistency to show, but he does have potential

Sammy7nil
16-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Hugely over-rated IMO.

That is how it appears to me, he has made two good tackles, scored a penalty and done little else.

Hiber-nation
16-05-2011, 07:15 PM

Was just reading through all the utter pash on this thread and was ready to post until I came to this.

Spot on Beefy. I won't bother reading the rest as you've said it all.

scoopyboy
16-05-2011, 08:08 PM
We have to remember he has only turned 20, he has time on his side.

I have a feeling however if he plays well in the Euro finals he won't be seen in a Hibs jersey again.

If the money is right and is reinvested into the team then I'm fine with it.

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 08:09 PM

I have a feeling however if he plays well in the Euro finals he won't be seen in a Hibs jersey again.

:agree::agree:

steakbake
16-05-2011, 08:12 PM

That's a big if! :greengrin

H18sry
16-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Do Liverpool have a cut on any fee we receive?

ancient hibee
16-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Take the money.

R'Albin
16-05-2011, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=Speedway;2804142]Yeah hopefully or maybe it'll be worse than that even. Maybe the worst player ever. Its bound to be crap though because its Hibs and everything's crap.

What'll probably happen is that Petrie will line his pockets like he did when we sold the crown jewels of the golden generation and CC or whoever is the manager we want rid of at that time will probably have to deal with trialists who pay Rod to play for Hibs. Coz like Rod, yeah? he's evil. He's only in it for himself and its all crap so we'll sell Palsson to you know, like, Histon or something for like some money and it'll be crap because it is just a massive disappointment supporting Hibs which is why I make so much effort to do it and post on here coz I live for disappointment, me, it's what I'm all about it's how I roll. It's really crap.[:rolleyes:/QUOTE]

Agree, really getting fed up with people moaning about every little thing !!

CallumLaidlaw
16-05-2011, 09:57 PM

Yip, and stokes went on to score plenty for Celtic, and bamba is being watched by several premiership clubs including everton.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-05-2011, 10:07 PM

Way I saw it was more of a shrug of the shoulders in disbelief rather than disapproval.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-05-2011, 10:10 PM

One, two or many? I don't expect all team members to get on famously so bound to be a couple that don't see eye to eye no? Thats the problem with tidbits like this possibly true in themselves but may only be the perspective of the messenger(s).

snooky
16-05-2011, 10:11 PM
That's a big if! :greengrin

:faf: :aok:

ancient hibee
17-05-2011, 02:26 PM
To be worried about people in a football club not liking each other just after Eddie Turnbull is rightly being spoken about as our best ever manager is laughable.They should have been at Hibs when he ran it.

Ed De Gramo
17-05-2011, 04:37 PM

Wouldn't say it was disapproval. Maybe he's sick of seeing the fans stream out of grounds early every week?

He can't be expected to single-handedly lift the team by himself.

I really hope he stays as he's a great player and will be a key player next season :agree:

Andy74
17-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Wouldn't say it was disapproval. Maybe he's sick of seeing the fans stream out of grounds early every week?

He can't be expected to single-handedly lift the team by himself.

I really hope he stays as he's a great player and will be a key player next season :agree:

He has some potential to be a good player but I dont know how a couple of good games in three months against mainly bottom six teams makes him a GREAT player.

Baldy Foghorn
17-05-2011, 04:55 PM
He has some potential to be a good player but I dont know how a couple of good games in three months against mainly bottom six teams makes him a GREAT player.

:agree:

He started off well, but has faded dramatically since then

HibbyAndy
18-05-2011, 12:09 PM

Spot on, Palsson gets way to much credit on here for being a total superstar yet he has played a handful of games against St.Mirrren, Hamilton, And the likes.

I have good vibes about the guy and hope he stays next year to fullfill his 'potential' But thats all it is right now, 'Potential'.

Cropley10
18-05-2011, 01:20 PM
When he joined lots of people thought he offered us something new, something different.

I think he does, he has got potential, as well as age on his side and a decent pedigree; Liverpool and Iceland.

Personally, I'd be disappointed that a player who's only just signed, and who we could look to build around, leaves so quickly.

I'm too long in the tooth to think that the money we get from selling him will be 're-invested'. But I'm also realistic enough to know you can't keep hold of players if other Clubs want them.

eastmainsmsh
18-05-2011, 01:49 PM
To be fair to Palsson he has done ok but imo he is no better than Ian Murray In a holding Midfield role ..hope he is a standout in euros and some club offers a million :taxi lol

Kaiser1962
18-05-2011, 02:03 PM
When he joined lots of people thought he offered us something new, something different.

I think he does, he has got potential, as well as age on his side and a decent pedigree; Liverpool and Iceland.

Personally, I'd be disappointed that a player who's only just signed, and who we could look to build around, leaves so quickly.

I'm too long in the tooth to think that the money we get from selling him will be 're-invested'. But I'm also realistic enough to know you can't keep hold of players if other Clubs want them.

That would be the sad part. In reality he only signed an 18 month deal in the first place so technically he is in his final year by the end of July.

ancient hibee
18-05-2011, 04:03 PM
That would be the sad part. In reality he only signed an 18 month deal in the first place so technically he is in his final year by the end of July.
That's why I said take the money.

The Falcon
18-05-2011, 09:11 PM
That's why I said take the money.

But isnt that the trade off. The guy only signed an 18 month deal, which we are led to believe was at his request, so you could conclude that he was only ever going to be here short term. The guy is not short of confidence nor, in my opinion, ability.

Petrie has to do what he feels is best for Hibs.

essexhibee
18-05-2011, 09:14 PM

Well said. If he performs in the tournament its goodnight Vienna for hibs and palsson. I had very high hopes for him when he first came he instantly became one of my favourite players as he optimized everything I like in a player.

Having said that he has been poor recently so hoping he is better at the start of the new season and recaptures the form of when he first joined.

ScottB
18-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Yip, and stokes went on to score plenty for Celtic, and bamba is being watched by several premiership clubs including everton.

Stokes was emptied for his off field nonsense, Celtic are about to do the same. That's two clubs that can't be bothered with him despite his scoring ability.

Bamba is a good player who stopped trying half as hard with us as he is now.

sesoim
18-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Hugely over-rated IMO.

:agree: If we can get some money for him I think we'll have done ok.

Tbh I don't think we were ever going to hold onto a 20 year old we've signed from Liverpool when he only wanted to sign an 18 month contract. I'd cash in now while we can.

SmokieJoe
19-05-2011, 02:08 AM
:agree: If we can get some money for him I think we'll have done ok.

Tbh I don't think we were ever going to hold onto a 20 year old we've signed from Liverpool when he only wanted to sign an 18 month contract. I'd cash in now while we can.

Two choices, either, do a mowbry/broony explain that (he) will get a better deal waiting for a bit. mind you broony IS a hibby, and his personal gain is not the life and death others might make it.

Kaiser1962
19-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Two choices, either, do a mowbry/broony explain that (he) will get a better deal waiting for a bit. mind you broony IS a hibby, and his personal gain is not the life and death others might make it.

I seem to remeber guys that knew him saying he was a Rangers fan.

J-C
19-05-2011, 07:45 AM
I've said it before, if he was really any good would Dalglish have allowed him to go, seeing as he's been more than happy to blood good young players in his team since he took charge. :confused:

bingo70
19-05-2011, 07:53 AM
I've said it before, if he was really any good would Dalglish have allowed him to go, seeing as he's been more than happy to blood good young players in his team since he took charge. :confused:

You can be a really good young player for hibs but not good enough for liverpool.

ForrieGreen
19-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Please don't take my palsson away.