PDA

View Full Version : Wotherspoon (striker)

eastmainsmsh
16-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Could Spoony be played as a striker as he has pace great control ,First touch and can hit the target .. He is a great prospect but where is his best position :confused:

The_Sauz
16-05-2011, 01:49 PM
If he easy brushed off a ball in midfield, then I would hate to see him against a big centre half :rolleyes:

Cocaine&Caviar
16-05-2011, 01:49 PM
He has no ariel presence, and has a career 3 goals I believe?

Neither make a great recipe for a striker.

For me he has to choose between RB, RM or CM.

soproni1
16-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Could Spoony be played as a striker as he has pace great control ,First touch and can hit the target .. He is a great prospect but where is his best position :confused:

his touch was murder on Saturday - agree with the rest however (what a goal he might have scored as well). Had a bit of 'second season syndrome' this year but I expect him to kick on once we find him a position (for what its worth I think he could probably play anywhere across the midfield).

lapsedhibee
16-05-2011, 03:19 PM
He has no ariel presence, and has a career 3 goals I believe?

Statistics statistics, all very well. But where's the category for "Able at will to make Mikey Mikey look even more of a dickhead than he already is by inducing him to slide right off the pitch on his jacksie" ? :greengrin

mixuok
16-05-2011, 03:41 PM
NO

Albion Hibs
16-05-2011, 03:46 PM

I think he has little to no pace, certainly not over the first 5 yards. I think he best position has been right back. For what it is worth the during season before the thing we have just finished I thought he played really well at right back, the one thing that threw him off was yogi tinkering before the rangers away game and throwing in Hogg from memory.

Towell seems to have more pace, I would like to see him at right mid and wotherspoon at right back.

Golden Bear
16-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Spoony is one of our better players but he suffers from the same ailment as the rest of the squad ----------- absolutely no pace!

db03
16-05-2011, 04:06 PM
I could be wrong here but I think Wotherspoon has been played upfront and if memory serves me he was not to good.

RIP
16-05-2011, 04:39 PM
I would like to like David Wotherspoon. He was brought up here in Perth

But I honestly can't think of any game in recent months where he has dominated in midfield, won loads of tackles, made some killer passes or scored goals (McDiarmid apart).

He backs off, fouls or shadows rather than tackles and has absolutely no pace.

I'm not even sure he's delivered endeavour in recent months, just seems to be going through the motions

So unless he can bulk up and learn to tackle I can see him losing his place to Ivan

PISTOL1875
16-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Right hand side of a midfield 3................

Thats where you play him and leave him there............

Judas Iscariot
16-05-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't think he's all that good tbh

PISTOL1875
16-05-2011, 05:03 PM
I don't think he's all that good tbh

He is good enough.. There is no doubt about that. The problem is that John Hughes did everything he could to ruin the guy by playing him at a different position nearly every other week..

He is 19/20 and needs play every week in a position and be left there to learn the game...

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Whatever his best place, he needs to either find where it is or be told where it is, and then stick there for a decent run. If he doesn't, then it could be wee Lewis all over again and that would be a shame.

Beefster
16-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Wotherspoon is living on the memory of his first 4 or 5 months in the first team. There's no way that I'd play him up front until he's shown that he can master his natural positions.

sahib
16-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Wotherspoon is living on the memory of his first 4 or 5 months in the first team. There's no way that I'd play him up front until he's shown that he can master his natural positions.

The ones assigned by the good lord at birth?

Sprouleflyer
16-05-2011, 06:50 PM

He would not be in my starting 11.

He has gone the same way as Lewis Stevenson.....started well, faded, been played in various positions none of which worked, benched and now really offers nothing to the team.

Pity, really had high hopes for him when he broke through!

Sammy7nil
16-05-2011, 07:04 PM

HIS BEST POSITION IS ON THE BENCH. He has been awful this season and failed to kick on from his good start.

...WentToMowAnSPL
16-05-2011, 07:08 PM

Brave post.. but consigned to others such as.. "Could Nish be played as a striker"

Not too shabby a call as reminds me of Whittaker - skilled player, but doesn't mean he could play up front.

ancient hibee
16-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Has lost all the energy from his game and seems to be unaware of what's going on.Doesn't help that he hardly gets to settle in one position for 90 minutes.My mother(age 97 and housebound)would have scored with that header.