PDA

View Full Version : Who of the Current Squad would be in your starting 11 next season

AlbertK86
16-05-2011, 09:25 AM
The standard at HFC has dropped dramatically over the last 4 years.

As far a I am concerned the only players who are currently signed by us in the starting 11 come the start of next season are

GK .... Brown

RB .... New Signing
CH .... New Signing
CH .... New Signing
LB .... Booth

RM .... Miller
CM .... Palsson
CM .... Thornhill
LM .... New Signing

CF .... New Signing
CF .... New Signing

To me nobody else has the quality I expect for Hibs.

Riordan does but out of contract and looks like he's a goner.

Most important signing must be a leader on the park as we have no-one in the squad to be the Captain.

I like Hanlon but he and Dickoh have been a disaster. Hanlon needs to be more aggresive and dominant. He gets pushed off the ball to easily and is more often than not caught out of position.

If he can improve on this then all well and good but he will need an experienced, dominating mentor who can talk the young defender through the games.

Dickoh ... can you do what you never did on the pitch and close the back door on your way out ... See ya

smurf
16-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Agree with that. I think Thornhill with a good pre season could be a player for us. I expect Scott to be in midfield but I'm not convinced he is the answer.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-05-2011, 09:33 AM
GK: Stack*

DR: Towell*
DCR:
DCL: Hanlon
DL: Booth

MR: Miller*
MC:
DM: Palsson
LW:

ST: Sodje
CF:

Fill the blanks with a dominant CB, Kevin McDonald, Sone Aluko and Adam Rooney, and id be happy going into the new season.

Steve20
16-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Brown, Booth, Hanlon and Palsson are the only ones I would definately have in the starting 11 next season.

Jones28
16-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Brown/Divis

Towell/Taggart Stephens/NewSigning Hanlon Booth

Wotherspoon De Graaf New Signing Galbraith/Leigh Griffiths (loan)

Vaz Te/Rooney (ICT) Sodje/Mcguire (AFC)

Looking back at Bobby Williamsons' reign, he had to work with what he had. He brought on the likes of Riordan/O'connor/Thomson/Brown because he had no alternative.
Who's to say the same won't work with Taggart, Welsh, Handling and Smith?

Would love to see us sign Chris Mcguire, he was excellent on saturday, he's a good finisher and has pace to burn.
Rooney would be excellent too, can't see it happening but 20+ goals in his first SPL season says it all.

HibbyDave
16-05-2011, 09:47 AM
None of the current squad would be missed in my opinion.

We should be grabbing Eremenko and Taoul from Killie, Gomis and Bauabin from Dundee Utd to start with. Throw in a goalkeeper and and a striker and we will have the basis of a very strong team to develop Hanlon, Booth, Stephens etc

vanNISHtelroy
16-05-2011, 09:52 AM

We should be grabbing Eremenko and Taoul from Killie, Gomis and Bauabin from Dundee Utd to start with. Throw in a goalkeeper and and a striker and we will have the basis of a very strong team to develop Hanlon, Booth, Stephens etc

Couldn't resist laughing at that! Don't know if you were fishing for a response or not.

£700k and 20k a week in wages....they don't want to loan him out again and is meant to be going to a Spanish club I think

heretoday
16-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Booth and Wotherspoon and nine astute signings from around the Scottish leagues.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-05-2011, 10:05 AM

Eremenko is still in contract with his parent club, and after his great season, will be going to the OF or someone a lot bigger than us.

Bauben has been in talks with Swansea and Brighton, both far bigger than us in stature, attractiveness, and wage budget.

Taoul and Gomis would be doable, but the latter would take a bit more convincing IMO

Speedway
16-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Eremenko is still in contract with his parent club, and after his great season, will be going to the OF or someone a lot bigger than us.

Bauben has been in talks with Swansea and Brighton, both far bigger than us in stature, attractiveness, and wage budget.

Taoul and Gomis would be doable, but the latter would take a bit more convincing IMO

I'd like to see Reese and Wotherspoon next year.

Gettin' Auld
16-05-2011, 10:17 AM
I'd like to see Reese and Wotherspoon next year.
Here she is............ :greengrin

http://www.refmanuel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/reese-witherspoon.jpg

Cocaine&Caviar
16-05-2011, 10:17 AM
any reason why my post was quoted for that? :confused:

Sammy7nil
16-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I cannot believe fans say they would have Wotherspoon he has been truly awful this year. Palsson has made 2 good tackles and then become invisible since coming to ER.

NONE of the current squad would be missed on form of this season.

I would however go with Stack Riordan Hanlon and Booth maybe Towell and that is it.

Claire07
16-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I cannot believe fans say they would have Wotherspoon he has been truly awful this year. Palsson has made 2 good tackles and then become invisible since coming to ER.

NONE of the current squad would be missed on form of this season.

I would however go with Stack Riordan Hanlon and Booth maybe Towell and that is it.

I think this is quite harsh, he does alot of tracking down and running off the ball, makes some great moves and can actually pass a ball. IMO he made a big difference on saturday when he came on and we missed that type of player in the middle, liverpool youth, Iceland under 21 regular - i think he has alot to give to the team next year would defiantly want to see him stay.

Franck is God
16-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Brown

Towell*---Stephens---Hanlon---Booth

Palsson
Thornhill-----Miller*

Sproule*-------------------------------Vaz Te*
Sodje

From our current squad and players we are actively trying to recruit/re-sign I would say this is a likely starting line up and formation for the first game of next season.

soproni1
16-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Stack/Brown/Divis

RB
CB
Hanlon
Booth

Spoony/Galbraith (Preferrably the latter)
Thornhill
Miller(if he signs)/Palsson (still not convinced, seems to have all the tools but doesnt use them?)
Vaz Te?

CF
CF

Subs:

Scott
Spoony
Sodje
Stephens
A goalie
Sproule?
young guys (Taggart, Welsh, Handling, Horner)
Hart
de Graaf
Dickoh

If we can get in 2 decent forwards (Sodje as 3rd option) and a strong CB then we should have a relatively solid 1st x1. Think we should try and get Vaz Te signed up - may not be everyones cup of tea but we do need someone of a similar style......

HibbyDave
16-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Couldn't resist laughing at that! Don't know if you were fishing for a response or not.

£700k and 20k a week in wages....they don't want to loan him out again and is meant to be going to a Spanish club I think

Bold bit would be do=able if we really were going to invest all the season ticket monies in players.

The underlined bit is an issue however who is going to pay that kind of cash for a player from the SPL? Except the OF/Herts. Unless we ask the questions though we won't get the answers! Maybe he likes it here and three grand a week is better than no grand a week!

duffers
16-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Brown / Stack

Towell.... New CB...New CB....Booth

New RM....Pallson...Miller....New LB

New Striker....New Striker

Am i being a little bit to ambitious :greengrin

Albion Hibs
16-05-2011, 12:21 PM
I would like to see the following in the starting line up

Stack

Towell / New Signing / Hanlon / Booth

New Signing / Miller / Murray / New Signing

Sodje / New Signing

I cant see us signing 4 new starting 11 players so I have no doubt we will end up with 1 or 2 of this seasons faces. A lot of work for the management team to do over the coming months, I am however, confident they will do it.

Speedway
16-05-2011, 12:27 PM
any reason why my post was quoted for that? :confused:

Anyone know a good chippy in the tranent area?

SteveHFC
16-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Brown

Towell New CB Hanlon Booth

New RM Palsson Thornhill New LM

New Striker New Striker

Subs: Divis, Stephens, New CB, Spoony, Scott, Sodje, New Striker

Mikey
16-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Don't be too surprised to see Crawford get a run at RM. He seems to be doing well at Ayr Utd.

jiggerman
16-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Most people I think are on the same wavelength on this thread, but I think Sodje has been hard done by. I would be perfectly happy with him being our no. 9 next season. It's ALL about who is around him, i.e. midfield support and comptent strike partners.

Cropley10
16-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Stacks away as I understand it - so a new GK, as neither Brown nor Divis, look good enough.

RB Towell
CH New Signing - Stephens is too young
Hanlon
Booth

Palsson
Scott
New signing - Miller doesn't create anything and I lose count of how many backward or sideways passes he makes.
Thornhill - he's here and CC will play him

Sodje
New Signing.

A CH, a CM, a CF - just about what every other Club is looking for I reckon.

The_Horde
16-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Smith

Hart Hogg Thicot Grounds

Miller Mcbride Rankin Duffy

Nish Trakys

Sub:

Bob Malcolm

pacorosssco
16-05-2011, 01:09 PM

neither up to much better of in the port seton

West Upper
16-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Brown, Towell, Booth, Hanlon and Palsson are the only ones i hope are in the starting 11 next season.

Hank Schrader
16-05-2011, 01:57 PM
;2804024']Smith

Hart Hogg Thicot Grounds

Miller Mcbride Rankin Duffy

Nish Trakys

Sub:

Bob Malcolm

Perfectly acceptable.

R'Albin
16-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Stack if fit/Brown

Towell/new rb Hanlon New signing Booth

New signing Pallson Thornhil l Scott

Sodje New signing

So AT LEAST 4 new signings. Think Thornhill and a fit Stack(if he stays) could be big players for us next season:agree:

R'Albin
16-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Don't be too surprised to see Crawford get a run at RM. He seems to be doing well at Ayr Utd.

That would be good to see, how old is he?

Sir David Gray
16-05-2011, 04:15 PM
The only players that we definitely have on our books for next season, who should be in the starting XI, are Callum Booth and Mark Brown.

From what I've seen of everyone else, either the jury is out on them or I would gladly see the back of them.

Sir David Gray
16-05-2011, 04:17 PM
That would be good to see, how old is he?

16, according to the Ayr Utd website. :dunno:

PISTOL1875
16-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Stack

Towell
Mike Duberry
Hanlon
Booth

Palsson
Scott
Thornhill

Wotherspoon
Johnny Hayes
John Sutton

heretoday
16-05-2011, 06:54 PM

There is a good one in Musselburgh. Don't know which one. You'll have to try them all! :yum yum:

sparkiehibs
16-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Stack
Towell CB CB Booth
RW Pallson Scott Thornhill LW
ST

Centre Half Choices - Mark Reynolds

Right Wing Choices - Ivan Sproule

Left Wing Choices - Jamie Murphy, Johny Hayes

Striker Choices - Adam Rooney, Leigh Griffiths, Garry O'Connor

MontrealHibs
17-05-2011, 06:50 AM

He has just broke into the team...

vanNISHtelroy
17-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Bold bit would be do=able if we really were going to invest all the season ticket monies in players.

The underlined bit is an issue however who is going to pay that kind of cash for a player from the SPL? Except the OF/Herts. Unless we ask the questions though we won't get the answers! Maybe he likes it here and three grand a week is better than no grand a week!

I think Real Mallorca (and another few European clubs) and some Championship clubs are looking at him, so he could be outside that sort of price range.

ekhibee
17-05-2011, 07:44 PM
avoid the Kimberley (the one next to the bus stop), it's extortionate and the chips are crap.

S.sct
17-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Stack and Booth.....nobody else worth a sook.

IWasThere2016
17-05-2011, 07:53 PM

Yup - good reports!

HibsMax
17-05-2011, 08:25 PM
I second this from the OP:

Most important signing must be a leader on the park as we have no-one in the squad to be the Captain.

We need someone out there on the field who can give the players a kick up the arse when they need it. I've read all too often about how some of the players give up or don't seem to give a damn.......having a ball buster, with some talent, would be a real boost to the team. I think.

We need players who are engaged in the game for 90+ minutes so I don't care if you've got great ability if you're only going to use it 10% of the time.

I realise I am not naming names but I think it's important that whomever we sign, they have some very basic qualities, qualities that are required to eek out results against the better clubs and grind out results against the rest.

brydekirk
17-05-2011, 09:51 PM
:agree:
I second this from the OP:

We need someone out there on the field who can give the players a kick up the arse when they need it. I've read all too often about how some of the players give up or don't seem to give a damn.......having a ball buster, with some talent, would be a real boost to the team. I think.

We need players who are engaged in the game for 90+ minutes so I don't care if you've got great ability if you're only going to use it 10% of the time.

I realise I am not naming names but I think it's important that whomever we sign, they have some very basic qualities, qualities that are required to eek out results against the better clubs and grind out results against the rest.