PDA

View Full Version : Avram Grant Sacked

iwasthere1972
15-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Sacked by the owners who asked Dave Whelan if they could borrow a room at the DW Stadium to do their dirty deed.

You would think that they could have waited until they got back to London to sack him.

R'Albin
15-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Sacked by the owners who asked Dave Whelan if they could borrow a room at the DW Stadium to do their dirty deed.

You would think that they could have waited until they got back to London to sack him.

Can't stand gold and Sullivan, delighted they are going down.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 06:26 PM

Hope that they pay for his :taxi as he won't be going home on team bus:faf:

sixtwo
15-05-2011, 06:28 PM

He should never have been given the job in the first place. I do not see the appeal of this man. His time in charge at portsmouth should have been enough evidence that this man is a loser.

Since90+2
15-05-2011, 06:29 PM

Bit harsh that.

iwasthere1972
15-05-2011, 06:31 PM

The sacking was probably done in the "Apprentice" fashion. Wonder which one pointed the finger and said "You're fired"?

They got what they deserved. They can now look forward to moviing into the Olympic Stadium with hardly enough fans to even half fill it.

They better not try and tap up our manager. :devil:

Beefster
15-05-2011, 06:41 PM
He should never have been given the job in the first place. I do not see the appeal of this man. His time in charge at portsmouth should have been enough evidence that this man is a loser.

He took Chelsea to a Champions League final and Portsmouth to an FA Cup final and nearly kept them up under unbelievably difficult circumstances. I think that was the appeal.

iwasthere1972
15-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Hope that they pay for his :taxi as he won't be going home on team bus:faf:

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't insist on Avram Grant emptying his desk at Upton Park, packing the contents into a suitcase and sticking it on the teambus for Wigan just in case they lost.

steakbake
15-05-2011, 06:46 PM
West Ham are a club which seems to foolishly peg their hopes on one single player - Scott Parker.

Too bad they went down. I'm hoping Wigan will join them and Blackpool stay up. There's some good teams coming up: QPR and Norwich. Hopefully Reading will join them.

Kaiser1962
15-05-2011, 06:47 PM
He took Chelsea to a Champions League final and Portsmouth to an FA Cup final and nearly kept them up under unbelievably difficult circumstances. I think that was the appeal.

Absolutely.

WHU have treated him disgracefully and I hope they never recover. Shocking way to treat anybody. I am surpised Dave Whelan allowed them to do the deed there.

Winston Ingram
15-05-2011, 06:49 PM
West Ham are a joke. Chuffed they are down:greengrin

iwasthere1972
15-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Absolutely.

WHU have treated him disgracefully and I hope they never recover. Shocking way to treat anybody. I am surpised Dave Whelan allowed them to do the deed there.

I would be surprised if he knew the reason. Decent guy who has put a lot of his money into Wigan and has backed his manager 100%. For that reason only Wigan deserve to stay up.

TheEastTerrace
15-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Can see West Ham in administration soon. £40m loss in income for a club that size in that much debt.....:violin:

R'Albin
15-05-2011, 07:19 PM
I would be surprised if he knew the reason. Decent guy who has put a lot of his money into Wigan and has backed his manager 100%. For that reason only Wigan deserve to stay up.

Heard him interviewed somewhere, seems like a nice guy:aok:

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 07:21 PM
West Ham are a club which seems to foolishly peg their hopes on one single player - Scott Parker.

Too bad they went down. I'm hoping Wigan will join them and Blackpool stay up. There's some good teams coming up: QPR and Norwich. Hopefully Reading will join them.

Maybe we should try and sign Scott Parker now?:devil:

Winston Ingram
15-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Can see West Ham in administration soon. £40m loss in income for a club that size in that much debt.....:violin:

Gold & Sullivan has said they will fund them out their own pockets.

Hopefully they'll be down there for a wee while:wink:

HibbyAndy
15-05-2011, 08:29 PM
If it wasnt for John Terry falling on his erse in the Champions LG final in '08' to convert a penalty for Chelsea, Avrum Grant would be some kind of legend amongst the Blues.

Just shows you the thin line between success and failure..

Top manager IMO that will find a new job with relative ease.

3pm
15-05-2011, 08:31 PM
On a sidenote, Chris Hughton has been installed as the early favourite. Hopefully he comes back for his pal...and I realise that comment won't be met with universal approval!

HibeeMG
15-05-2011, 08:31 PM

Heard him interviewed somewhere, seems like a nice guy:aok:

Hmmm, don't let his public persona fool you.

I've met him a couple of times professionally and his people skills are absolutely terrible.

I worked for him for a little while also and I remember talking to him and one of his directors a few days after the 5-1 cup final. The director, who knew that I was there, was asking all sorts of questions about the game and Hibs in general. Whelan looked as though I was costing him money by wasting time talking about such trivial things.

I also had an argument about how somebody could not have gone into a locked room for which I had the only key to replace air filters without my knowledge. Why would they want to?! When I finally got this through to him, he walked off in a huff! :bye:

HH81
15-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Serious question, although guess it could make me sound stupid.

Will he be allowed on the team bus or would they arrange other transport for him home :confused:

Iggy Pope
15-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Hertz job? Seem to recall a bit of previous........

sixtwo
15-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Hats off the the Millwall fans forum members. They raised funds to hire a light aircraft which was pulling a large banner with the message ''Avram Grant- Millwall Legend'

It appeared above the stadium today just after the Wigan equaliser.

The timing was brilliant.

Good quality banter from a bunch of fans better known for their hooligan reputation!

Iggy Pope
15-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Hats off the the Millwall fans forum members. They raised funds to hire a light aircraft which was pulling a large banner with the message ''Avram Grant- Millwall Legend'

Good quality banter from a bunch of fans better known for their hooligan reputation!
Not all of them by any means. I went to the Den last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. They have their nut jobs but the general atmosphere is better than anywhere up here.

Dirkster23
15-05-2011, 09:17 PM

I've got a feeling it won't be the banter we're reading about next season when they play :agree:

Sir David Gray
15-05-2011, 09:21 PM

Heard this on Five Live and nearly wet myself.

As you say, the timing of this was first class. Hats off to those involved. :aok:

If it wasnt for John Terry falling on his erse in the Champions LG final in '08' to convert a penalty for Chelsea, Avrum Grant would be some kind of legend amongst the Blues.

Just shows you the thin line between success and failure..

:singing:
Viva John Terry
Viva John Terry
Coulda won the cup...

You know the rest...:greengrin

HibbyAndy
15-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Heard this on Five Live and nearly wet myself.

As you say, the timing of this was first class. Hats off to those involved. :aok:

:singing:
Viva John Terry
Viva John Terry
Coulda won the cup...

You know the rest...:greengrin

A do actually :greengrin

Gawd a hate Man u :greengrin

TheMentalHibees
15-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Quite glad to see West Ham go down. The club as a whole irritate me, from way back when they squirmed out of relegation and Sheffield Utd went down in their place.

givescotlandfreedom
15-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Definitely petty but I've had a disliking for them since they tried to talk to GJP just before (day before IIRC) the 2001 Cup Final and distracting him from our huge game.

iwasthere1972
15-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Hmmm, don't let his public persona fool you.

I've met him a couple of times professionally and his people skills are absolutely terrible.

I worked for him for a little while also and I remember talking to him and one of his directors a few days after the 5-1 cup final. The director, who knew that I was there, was asking all sorts of questions about the game and Hibs in general. Whelan looked as though I was costing him money by wasting time talking about such trivial things.

I also had an argument about how somebody could not have gone into a locked room for which I had the only key to replace air filters without my knowledge. Why would they want to?! When I finally got this through to him, he walked off in a huff! :bye:

Can you rewrite this as I've read it a few times and it still doesn't make any sense to me.

Cheers :aok:

Haymaker
16-05-2011, 12:35 AM

As a West Ham Follower, the club failed to address serious issues and sold the only goal threat they had from last season. Grant, whatever people may say, is a joke. His training is unorganised and terrible (see the open day) and he failed to recognise and take advantage of ANY weakness oppositions had.

Thank **** the **** has gone.

Haymaker
16-05-2011, 12:37 AM
[/B]
Not all of them by any means. I went to the Den last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. They have their nut jobs but the general atmosphere is better than anywhere up here.

Really? I found the den full of moaning *******s who got on their teams backs the moment one of them misplaced a long "hooooooooooof" up the park

heretoday
16-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Every time I've turned on the radio today it's been West Ham. Blimey, they are not exactly strangers to relegation are they?

I suppose the hacks have nothing else to blether about.

I haven't heard much mention of the dodgy owners of the club. There's something not right there.

Dunbar Hibee
16-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Every time I've turned on the radio today it's been West Ham. Blimey, they are not exactly strangers to relegation are they?

I suppose the hacks have nothing else to blether about.

I haven't heard much mention of the dodgy owners of the club. There's something not right there.

Not been relegated for 8 years.

The_Sauz
16-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Really? I found the den full of moaning *******s who got on their teams backs the moment one of them misplaced a long "hooooooooooof" up the park
Sure it was the den :wink:

Winston Ingram
16-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Not been relegated for 8 years.

He's no that far off. In those 8 yrs they've spent 2 yrs in the championship and cheated their way out of being relegated once and were nearly relegated last year as well:agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-05-2011, 07:07 PM
He's no that far off. In those 8 yrs they've spent 2 yrs in the championship and cheated their way out of being relegated once and were nearly relegated last year as well:agree:

Has a West Ham fan knobbed your Mrs? You really don't like them much do you?

Winston Ingram
16-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Has a West Ham fan knobbed your Mrs? You really don't like them much do you?

I doubt it cos their just ******s:greengrin

Winston Ingram
16-05-2011, 09:39 PM
West Ham United's end of season Gala ended in chaos as Police were called after a fight erupted.

The disturbance was said to have started after one first team member - believed to be Senegalese striker Demba Ba - refused to sign an autograph, claiming he was 'too tired'.

Police were called to deal with the ensuing outbreak of violence which saw tables and chairs, amongst other things, being used as weapons in a scene more suited to an old-school Western movie than an end-of-season dinner.

Fans had paid up to £250 each to attend the evening - ironically described by the club in promotional material as 'a simply unmissable evening' - which was hosted by TV personality Ben Shepherd.

wtf are they having an end of season party the day after they got relegated:confused:

Anyway, at least they are finally doing some attacking:greengrin

http://aggbot.com/link.php?id=13516556&r=tw&c=53

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Yawn!

Dunbar Hibee
16-05-2011, 10:50 PM
wtf are they having an end of season party the day after they got relegated:confused:

Bring on the Millwall

Winston Ingram
17-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Bring on the Millwall

Good side Millwall

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-05-2011, 07:22 AM
[/B]

Must agree, the atmosphere at the last W Ham game I was at at Millwall was superb, even if it was a tad hostile. IIRC Mr Stack was playing for them too.

houston1875
17-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Must agree, the atmosphere at the last W Ham game I was at at Millwall was superb, even if it was a tad hostile. IIRC Mr Stack was playing for them too.

Didnae ken u were a hammers fan,beefy?

I think u bout to get CC as a assistant boss alongside Houghton as manager?

Great club west ham like but got twats in charge,Gold and Sullivan!

Dunbar Hibee
17-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Good side Millwall

Will get done over on and off the park.

Ed De Gramo
17-05-2011, 04:54 PM

Demba Ba racially abused by drunken fan.

The 'fan' or 'supporter' must have a short memory as Ba's goals almost kept West Ham up....unlike those muppets Keane & Cole.

West Ham will bounce back :agree:

tynesideirish
18-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Nah, nothing personal against the Hammers, but I can see them doing a Leeds and dropping Divisions like mad.

SmokieJoe
19-05-2011, 02:45 AM
I can't stand david gold and david sullivan, (the gay odd couple?) david gold is a tosser, his wife owns Anne Summers allegedly. and he sacks the guy who tried to keep them up on a shoestring budget?

No wonder McLiesh said publically 'no i wont be joining them' after they sold Brum fc and had made a bid for west ham. he prolly thought, thank fek the have gone.

Bring back david murphy. his true home is ER whether he thinks so or not.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Bridge, Keane and Ba signed in Jan would indicate they were on anything but a shoestring budget (I believe Bridge was on 80K pw) particularly compared to others in a similar position in the league. West Ham and Hibs have had very similar seasons due to the number of imposters / underachievers in each side. I would agree the 2 Davids are not the most likeable of characters though.

Peevemor
19-05-2011, 06:01 AM
I can't stand david gold and david sullivan, (the gay odd couple?) david gold is a tosser, his wife owns Anne Summers allegedly. and he sacks the guy who tried to keep them up on a shoestring budget?

Was it not a G-string budget?

Dunbar Hibee
19-05-2011, 12:37 PM

No wonder McLiesh said publically 'no i wont be joining them' after they sold Brum fc and had made a bid for west ham. he prolly thought, thank fek the have gone.

Bring back david murphy. his true home is ER whether he thinks so or not.

What a bizarre post :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-05-2011, 04:02 PM
What a bizarre post :confused:

Indeed!

3pm
19-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Hughton's odds lengthened tonight. Warnock's shortened.

Winston Ingram
19-05-2011, 07:57 PM

I can't see why Warnock would take a step down:confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-05-2011, 05:25 AM

Please no!

Dunbar Hibee
20-05-2011, 11:02 AM
I highly doubt Neil Warnock would ever come to West Ham.

iwasthere1972
20-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I highly doubt Neil Warnock would ever come to West Ham.

Unless he thinks he's going to be replaced by some big name. This is QPR we are talking about. 10 managers/caretaker managers in three years or so and I wouldn't put it past the owners to bring on someone else who has a proven track record in a European top league.

Warnock himself has even indicated at times that he may not be kept on despite doing a terrific job with QPR.

Oh forget all that....I've just remembered who owns West Ham. :greengrin

3pm
20-05-2011, 06:42 PM
I am looking at this from the perspective of Hughton appointing Calderwood which may well be bollocks. Anyway, Hughton's odds are out again albeit still under 2/1.