PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Conference Play Off Final - What a rip off

HH81
15-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Just seen the game is to be played at Manchester City, thought I would have a look at taking my nephew as its local...

That was until I saw the ticket prices and they are £36 for Adults and £18 for cons and thats in lower tier. The middle tier is £41 no cons. Football has gone mad, this is the 5th league in England. :grr::grr::grr::grr:

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/playoffs.php?Tickets

matty_f
15-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Just seen the game is to be played at Manchester City, thought I would have a look at taking my nephew as its local...

That was until I saw the ticket prices and they are £36 for Adults and £18 for cons and thats in lower tier. The middle tier is £41 no cons. Football has gone mad, this is the 5th league in England. :grr::grr::grr::grr:

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/playoffs.php?Tickets

Petrie!!! :grr:

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-05-2011, 10:19 AM
I saw some of the Fleetwood Town and AFC Wimbledon home leg. FTFC are the non-league big-mouths of course. If the standard of football is representative of what the play off final will be like, then the price should be the same as it is to see the juniors up here. Scrap and sclaff against grunt and punt.

HH81
15-05-2011, 10:43 AM
I saw some of the Fleetwood Town and AFC Wimbledon home leg. FTFC are the non-league big-mouths of course. If the standard of football is representative of what the play off final will be like, then the price should be the same as it is to see the juniors up here. Scrap and sclaff against grunt and punt.

Agree its not best, think I'll just go to league one play off at Old Trafford where I think prices start at £26.

Don Giovanni
15-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Shocking prices for the average conference punter, but I can't say I'm suprised either.
I pay £12 admission for Gateshead who at least attempt to play decent fitbaw. The average crowd is in the region of 700 - 800 and they probably pay the same as most SFL1 clubs. The figures don't really stack up. The chairman is bank-rolling the club to some extent but at least they ain't fleecing the fans (probably couldn't due to having EPL teams on their doorstep).
Point is English fitbaw, like Scottish fitbaw, is reaching a tipping point. The average fan cannot be expected to fork out any more and someone, somewhere is taking a hit - whether it be the club owners or the club overdraft most clubs are stil living beyond their means.

Heed are lucky to have the chairman. I'm glad they're not ripping the fans off - whoever priced the play off final tickets certainly is...

son of haggart
15-05-2011, 01:42 PM
My best mate, a lifetime Dons fan since the Plough Lane days, was nack in the country from Australia so went with him to the AFC Wimbledon Fleetwood game.

£14 a ticket , wich I thought was about fair (and nice to be able to stand in the car park at half time with a pint and a pizza)

Standard of play was pretty poor, especially the fleetwood centre halves, who were about 18 stone each with the turning circles of ocean liners, amusingly named McNulty and Gregan, and wouldn't have been out of place in a film about the Kray brothers.

Wouldn't dream of paying more than 320 for the final and I would guess that will affect the crowd.